Start by marking “The Ring of Morgana (The Children of Camelot, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ring of Morgana (The Children of Camelot, #1)

The Ring of Morgana

(The Children of Camelot #1)

In a brand new series, Donna Hosie revisits Logres with THE CHILDREN OF CAMELOT.

Sixteen-year-old Mila Roth wants to be normal. It’s a phrase that has been drilled into her by her mother since she was born.

Published April 19th 2014

Vaishnavi
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Donna
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Outstanding! I could not stop reading this gem. Mila is a wonderful narrator struggling with sorcery and time-travel and trust and truth and dragons and…!!! A terrific plot is brightened by humor and nearly non-stop action. Mila moves from modern Britain to Camelot with family and friendships at risk throughout. Loved, loved, loved this book.
Ms. Hosie just keeps getting better. Write on, please!
Jenn Bragg
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Review originally appeared on Amazon*

There are books that leave you feeling pensive. There are those that leave you confused, and maybe even a little crazy. And then there are the special ones. The ones you find yourself thinking of when you first wake up. The ones that make you scour the internet, hoping to find even the tiniest morsel letting you know when you can get your grabby hands on the next one.

"The Ring of Morgana" is one of the special books. From start to finish it captivates the re
Peggy.  Tryton
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
No spoiler review -

Loved it! I was so concerned that I wouldn't love Mila the way I loved Natasha... but I needn't have worried. After all, both characters were written by the same person! I seem to forget that. The characters come alive and seem like people I've met. And Rustin! How is it that this young man has come into my life and stolen my heart? I love everything about him.

In The Ring of Morgana, we delve deeper into the land of Camelot and its secrets. Whether you've read the Searching
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Ring of Morgana is the first book in the spin off series, The Children of Camelot. In this we meet Mila, the child that Sam was pregnant with, and Lilly, her younger sister. Life is as normal as it can be for them, living in Avalon Cottage. Sam is insistent on them being 'normal', but Mila has no idea why. She finds out when things start happening, and Lilly ends up cursed. Mila and Rustin end up going to Camelot for the first time, where they find things are pretty different to how they are ...more
Kelly Zemaitis
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
While I loved Titch as a narrator in Donna's first series, I think I like Mila even better. She has a lot of spunk and is a strong female protagonist. If you love Arthurian legends, you should check out Donna Hosie's books.
Girlsmiles
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book- Donna Hosie, you are a talent to be reckoned!
I can't wait for the next book.
Donna Weaver
What It's About

But Mila Roth is anything but normal. For sixteen years her parents have hidden a secret from her. For Mila was born one thousand years ago in the land of Logres, and far from being a math teacher and a housewife, Mila’s parents are the awakened King Arthur and Gorian druid queen, Morgana.

Two worlds, one thousand years apart. And those worlds are about to
Sharry
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I bought The Ring of Morgana by Donna Hosie on Kindle for my 13-yo daughter, and she loved it. Wouldn't quit talking about it, and insisted on getting the rest of the series. In self defense, I read it, too. A new time-traveling twist on the King Arthur and Camelot story, The Ring of Morgana tells a Camelot story from the perspective of Mila, Arthur's daughter, who was raised in modern times without knowing she was born on a battlefield 1000 years earlier. I'll not tell you any more so I don't r ...more
Jessi
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arthurian-legend, own
In honesty not my favorite. I guess spinoffs just aren't my thing. I get so emotionally attached to the characters in the original story that it's hard to feel much else for the new main characters when the original characters are side characters. I couldn't relate to Mila much either.
Still, it's Arthurian Legend retelling and Natasha and Bedivere are in it, gotta stick with this series.
Anne
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is billed as the first in the Children of Camelot series, and I'm glad because it means there will be more! It's a fresh look at the world - actually, worlds - from the Searching for Arthur trilogy, seventeen years later. The characters really come alive, and I particularly enjoyed all the various and often competing motivations that drive their actions and open up loads of possibilities for the future. Can hardly wait for the next one!
Catherine Ryan
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yet another exciting read, with familiar names reappearing from the "Camelot trilogy" by the same author. The two new characters of Mila and Rustin fit well into the story. Plenty of excitement and suspense.
Hajjar
Feb 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have not read any of the series. I will. But either she's morgend(Can't remember his name) or morgana's daugther. Just saying.
Nana bNana
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
MORE LIKE A RANT:

This is the kind of book that is ENGAGING at first, a bit BORING in the middle, then Bam! LEFT YOU WANTING FOR MORE in the end.
Neil (or bleed)
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
3.5

Pretty good.
Paulina Cojuangco
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Of course I'll find you. You're my everything."
Sue Hickman
rated it did not like it
Mar 16, 2017
Jun 03, 2014
Denise
Dec 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Camelot Burning (Metal & Lace, #1)
  • Nymph (The Love Oracles #1)
  • Daughter of Chaos
  • Retribution (DarkWorld: Irin Chronicles #1)
  • Claiming Excalibur (Legendary Saga #2)
  • The Once and Future Geek (The Camelot Code #1)
  • Into the Fire (Birth of the Phoenix #1)
  • Foretold (Sisters of Fate, #1)
  • Fire of the Sea
  • Uncovering Cobbogoth (Cobbogoth #1)
  • A Templar's Apprentice (Tormod Trilogy #1)
  • Blood of Kings
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Goddess
  • Chasing Merlin
  • Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)

The Children of Camelot (2 books)
  • Quest of the Artisan (The Children of Camelot, #2)
“You look like Medusa with decapitated snakes all over your head.”
“Shut up, Rustin. And where have you been?” I shout back. “Melehan said you had disappeared. You said you wouldn’t leave me.”
“I went for a walk,” replies Rustin. “I’m too pumped to sleep, and you were out for the count. I could hear you snoring halfway down the tower.”
“I don’t snore.”
“Yes, you do.”
“I breathe heavily.”
“In the same way a fighter jet purrs on take-off.”
1 likes