Start by marking “It Started with a Kiss” as Want to Read:
It Started with a Kiss

It Started with a Kiss

Published October 12th 2013 by Secret Creek Press (first published October 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about It Started with a Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Started with a Kiss

Carolina
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
*found this book for free on Kindle app*
I read the blurb, and because it was a short story I couldn't resist reading it. It was a quick and entertaining read. I really enjoyed the story and the main characters were very easy to like. The present story and the glimpses of their past were very well woven. The ending was very sweet and I couldn't help but want more.
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: first-love, teenagers, regret, sweet, funny.

Don't you love freebies?

This was a very sweet little read. I loved the way the story was told and thought the memories were fantastic. They really let you feel for Georgie and wonder where and why it had all gone wrong.

This is the perfect read for a rainy day to cheer you up and make you smile. It certainly made me smile.

And best of all, it was free!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Georgie & Nate where childhood sweethearts. This is their story of first love. I enjoyed how it jumped back and forth through time to explain what was happening. This is definetly a lovely short read.
Received in return for an honest review.
Preena
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Emily Goodman
It started with a Kiss was a good book. For me, I stuggle when the author is from another part of the world than I. Sometimes the dialect barrier gets to me and I can't really get "into" the book as much as others. This book had a consistently good story. I like how it flashed back to their times as teenagers and to the current day. It was a good quick read.
stephanie sedillo
Started with a kiss

I picked this book because it is a short book. I would recommend it to anyone. Once I read it I wished it would of been a full length novel. A good story line.
Books&Dreams
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
I gave this book 5 stars.

This is a very short book only 66 pages. I am usually not a short book kinda person, I like to have tons of details and I like my books to be on the longer side. That being said, this is definitely a great read. I just finished two books back to back that literally tore out my heart. And I was looking for something light and sweet, and just plain amazing. And I found it. This book is full of very detailed memories an
Kathleen
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
It Started With A Kiss is an enchanting story about first love and second chances. Author Lindy Dale weaves a fun tale set in Perth, Australia, that follows the love story of Georgie Bird and Nate Adams.

Georgie and Nate met when they were eight years old, when Georgie's family moved from Melbourne to Perth and she was the new girl in school. Their friendship grew and they became inseparable best friends over the years: they pretend married each other at the age of ten, and shared their first rea
xXForever_LoveXx
I’ve never liked Australian fiction.

I know this may seem surprising, considering I am Australian myself, but for some reason I’ve never enjoyed reading it. Maybe because I feel some authors overdo it with Aussie lingo or try to add too many colloquial terms to seem “unique” and “relatable” to Australians, but really all it does is aggravate me to no end.

But, boy, what a pleasant surprise I got when I picked up It Started With A Kiss and found myself, dare I say it, laughing and enjoying readin
Kristy Gillespie
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Some people meet their first love when they’re thirteen, others when they’re thirty-three. In the novelette, It Started With a Kiss, Georgie Bird and Nate Adams meet when they’re eight. Georgie is the awkward, gangly new girl and Nate is the coolest yet nicest boy in their second grade class. Nate and Georgie were so inseparable that at age ten, Nate proposed to Georgie in a closet. “When we grow up do you wanna get married to me? If we get married we can live in the same house and we’d never ha ...more
Jessica
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out for a jog one Saturday afternoon, Georgie Bird is greeted by two things she never expected to see ~ a huge lump of dog doings on the sole of her shoe and her old boyfriend Nate. Nate and Georgie had been the only peas in the pod growing up and in the twelve years since they’ve seen each other, neither of them seems to have forgotten. Over a cup of coffee and a series of shared recollections, Georgie and Nate begin to rekindle the embers of the love they lost.
But can they save the relationshi
Lee Murray
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Chick-lit lovers
Recommended to Lee by: Chick-lit group
Actually, it started with a comparison of their chicken pox scabs. A couple of sleepovers, an argument over the Lego box, and next thing, they’re married in a closet at the ripe old age of eight. But the teenage years can be tough, and Nate and Georgie’s romance struggles to survive the petty jealousies, the spilled popcorn, and their parents’ expectations. What makes them think anything’s different now? It Started With a Kiss is the latest romantic comedy from Lindy Dale, and everything we’ve c ...more
Dianne Sidebottom
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story. I could relate to Riverside Drive n dog poo having lived in Perth. The story reflected back when Georgie n Nate met in primary school n onto making a decision about what direction to go after high school. Seemed the parents were against the relationship n tried breaking it up n Georgie was into pleasing her parents over what made her happy. The result being 12 years later back in Perth n a chance meeting of Nate n sorting out what they found about their past decisions n now re ...more
Pearl
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
check out my review here

I love this book. It's so nice. A story of Georgie and Nate who were childhood best friends and how they fall in love after being apart.
Together since forever. Elementary school then middle and high school, they went through all the drama by each other's side, fighting their attraction for as long as they could and finally succumbing to it. They part ways before college, and twelve years hence fate works to bring them back together
Melody Cox
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully sweet novella. I loved this story

Georgie Bird was out for a jog one day and happened to run into her childhood and high school boyfriend Nate. They had loved each other most of their lives but split up when she left for college. It's been twelve years since they last saw each other and neither has married. They begin to rekindle the love they lost, the love that kept them from marrying another.

This is one of the sweetest stories I have read and it held a love so true that my h
Victoria Brinius
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet story about first love. Your first kiss. The first boy that notices you and holds you hand. The first time you think of your wedding day. Now imagine dating that boy since you were 8, just to lose him in high school. What would you have to say to him if your met him 12 years later? This was a good book. I liked the ending and it was not about the sex, or a lot of different characters. It was about being in love, losing love, and trying to get it back. I am giving this book a 5/5 ...more
Anais Torres
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, Cute, Fairytale.

This story is about two people who fell in love as children, then because parents always think they know best, broke up to appease their parents. Years later they find each other again and while I wish there was more and I craved for something with more thickness this short story is a cute to the point read. I'd recommend it for anyone in a reading slump or between books.
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Much to my surprise, I enjoyed this novella. I didn't know a single thing about Lindy Dale, I just bought it on Amazon because it was free (and probaby still is), but I was pleasantly surprised. The story was balanced, well-paced and the characters were pretty round for such a short piece of writing. I wish Georgie and Nate from the present had a better story between them, I would have liked to see more development. Not just bam wam thank you m'am.
Jacqueline
cute story

This was a cute story, it started out silly and funny. The only thing I didn't care about even though it was a short story was the way it ended. One minute your reading and then the next that's it, It's just over the end. It didn't feel like an ending. But for a short story it was cute
Change211
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute, sweet and a quick read. I love the transition from present to the past and vice versa. It has the right ingredient into it. Since, it's just short you won't get bored reading. It will be a perfect read during a break time. I enjoyed reading ISWAK, it gave me the memories back of my childhood crush. Who doesn't have a childhood crush anyways?
Melissa
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, fun read

This was a short but fun read. I enjoyed reading about Georgie and Nate. It was a cute storyline and held my attention. I wish there were more to the ending though. I would've liked to have seen what the future holds for them.
Crystal
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This is not my typical book, but I was in the mood for something different. I enjoyed how real the characters were. I also enjoyed the whole idea of being united with, not only your childhood best friend but, your first love. This story was beautiful and would recommend it to all readers.
Jade aka MrsTosh
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
For a short story I thought this book was great.

First love is a subject we all experience and meeting them years later and thinking could this go somewhere now, is something alot of people can relate to.
Peni
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
A sweet romance that takes you back to being a child through the years to growing up and the many phases toward adulthood. Ms Dale does an excellent job of relating a life long long into a fabulous story.

I recommend the story to everyone.
Justine
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
«found free on the kindle app»
Cute short story about first love. was a quick read. its worth the time to read the book. and for a free book i have no complaints which is rare. if your not lucky enough to get it for free..its definitely worth paying for.
Claire  (Jst1MoreChapter)
Nawwww this was such a sweet book...
It was a tad too short, it only took me a few hours to read, it would have been nice to have a few more chapters and to get to know the characters a bit better, but it was so stinkin' cute! I loved it! :)
Claire Graves
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice short story, but lacking in details.
Not having read any short stories or novellas before, I am not sure if that is the norm. But a sweet love story nonetheless.
Deanna Diederich
A novella.
Cute but predictable.
Jocys Mommy
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great short story
Lourdes Tolaram
M'kay

Reading this book, I knew that It Started With A Kiss, is perfect for those people who are intimately in love with romance and sweetness overload
  • A Place in Her Heart
  • Summer and the Groomsman
  • Freeways to Flip-Flops: A Family's Year of Gutsy Living on a Tropical Island
  • The Art of Always Being Right: The 38 Subtle Ways of Persuation
  • The Peppercorn Project
  • Shadows Of Hunters Ridge (Hunters Ridge #2)
  • Ryders Ridge
  • Along Country Roads
  • You Are Here
  • The Emergence of Judy Taylor
  • Executive Lunch (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery #1)
  • 12 Days at Silver Bells House (Swallow's Fall #2)
  • The Gift of a Good Start
  • Spend Game (Lovejoy, #4)
  • And in Time... (Time, #1)
  • Under the Hood (Under the Law #2)
  • Love Will Find You (Australian Sports Stars #1)
  • Crimson Dawn
Lindy began writing at University but never really wanted to be 'an author'. She wanted to be a Princess or at worst a Kindergarten teacher. Her first novel, Heart of Glass, was penned in 2007 and since then she become known for writing funny, forthright romantic fiction with a cast of crazy, comic characters. Lindy is also well-known for her short, romantic novellas which have repeatedly topped t ...more
“Georgie had never laid eyes on half of them, but that was nothing new. Tara collected friends like Imelda Marcos had collected shoes.” 2 likes
“Life was for having fun, not sitting on the side of a pool trying to look pretty.” 1 likes