Start by marking “Mother of a King (KIYA Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mother of a King (KIYA Trilogy, #2)

Mother of a King

(KIYA Trilogy #2)

Nefertiti has forced Naomi to flee Amarna with Malachi and the three children. But even under the protection of Naomi's family in Thebes, Nefertiti still hunts her and Tut. Nefertiti sends assassins to kill them, and while Naomi fights to protect the children, Malachi fights to keep her safe.

With three children in tow, one of which isn't her own, she is labeled the harlot
Published October 25th 2013 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Mother of a King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother of a King

Jenks
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-faves
Another great book in the Kiya series! Naomi (Kiya) is now on the run, forced into hiding to protect herself and her child, the true pharaoh, Tut. This book takes us to Naomi's Hebrew roots. She has returned to her people, her family, and she wants nothing more than to live a safe, normal life with the man she loves. I love how well Hamstead builds the ancient worlds, the Hebrew life such a stark contrast to Kiya's days as an Egyptian Queen. This story follows Naomi as she raises Tut and starts ...more
Donna
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book 'not to be missed'. This is a continuation of Kiya's story. She is now Naomi. Hebrew woman. Labeled a harlot, a woman rejected by Pharaoh Akhenaten. We learn about her struggles after leaving the Egyptian court. Kiya returns to her home as Naomi. She has her children and the daughter of her dear friend. The jealous Nefertiti is still trying to kill her and her son, Tut, heir to the Egyptian throne.

Naomi is a strong woman. A woman who faces adversity and shines. This is
Carrie Slager
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: I requested and received a free ebook copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.]

Somewhere around a third of the way into the book I told myself, “Just finish the chapter, then you should go to bed. You’re working tomorrow.”

Then at around 50% I told myself, “You should really go to bed now. It’s one in the morning.”

By 75% I told myself, “Ah, screw it. You’ll be tired tomorrow anyway so you might as well just finish the book!”

And so, at 2:30am I finished Kiya: Mother
Monique
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, netgalley, series
Originally posted here

I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This time in Kiya's journey she's running for her life, always unsure of when one of Nefertiti's assassins will be come for her and her son's life. Along with Malachi and her children she goes into hiding with her family, and goes back to her Hebrew roots as well as her name. At first things are hard but with the help of her very suppo
Galea Rain
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kiya has fled to her home village to avoid assassination by Nefertiti and taken back her Hebrew name of Naomi. With her are her three children, including Tut, and her protector Malachi.

This book was amazing. I could not put it down! It captured my attention so well that I didn't even realize two hours had gone by and I was almost finished with the book. The story was so exciting and well written, especially with all the familiar Egyptian names. The romance was very intense.

Naomi is usually very
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Curiosity Quills for providing a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

At the behest of her husband the Pharaoh Queen Kiya has fled Armana with her children and the daughter of another wife who died protecting her. With only the Hebrew guard Malachi to protect them the journey is perilous as they need to stay off the well-traveled roads and cross the desert to Thebes. Queen Nefertiti and her father Ay will do anything to make sure Kiya and her son Tut, the
Elien
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, netgalley, na-books
This review and more on So Bookalicious

I read the previous book KIYA: Hope of the pharaoh last summer and I was pleasantly surprised by it. So I was eager to found out what happened next to Kiya, her friends and her family. The book takes of right after we left the first book. But you don’t have to read the first book in order to understand this one. The author gives the backstory in the beginning and refers to some point of the previous book throughout the story.

Kiya has fled Amarna with her
Mara Valderran
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is the problem with starting a really good book: You can't put it down and finish it within the span of two days.

KIYA: Mother of a King was everything Hope of the Pharaoh was and more. Katie Hamstead really took everything up a notch, especially the tension as Tut took his place as pharaoh and the love triangle from book one came to a head. There were times I wanted to slap both Malachi and Horemheb.

I love that we get to see that Naomi's strength--her heart--is also her biggest weakness i
Charissa
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book starts out with Kiya, Queen of Egypt, fleeing with the king’s Hebrew guard, Malachi so that Nefertiti doesn’t destroy Kiya and her son, Tut, the true heir to the throne. Kiya throws off her Egyptian name and costume and becomes Naomi again, a simple Hebrew girl. But with two of her own children from the Pharoah and another of his concubine’s children, she is an outcast among her own people and treated as a harlot for being thrown out by her husband—even though the pharaoh sent her away ...more
AnaPIN
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this second book of the trilogy we find a stronger Naomi, fighting for protecting her son and the daughter of her dear friend. She faces prejudice and rejection from her people. But also she struggles with love and duty.
It’s a great second book moving forward the story of a strong woman in the middle of war of power.
I really love how Katie Hamstead makes us see a woman that is so intelligent and that can and will do everything for the ones she loves. She’ll never accept anything without know
Shelby von Wahl
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book we meet more of the people in Kiya's life, and her relationships with them, this book was less action-oriented and more emotional, she struggles with what she believes is right and what she wants. We see her warm heartedness as she raises her best friends daughter and even though she is shunned and reviled by her community she remains strong for her children. She struggles with losses and gains and still manages to keep her son alive and strong, making sacrifice after sacrifice for ...more
Dena
Aw inspiring

I just keep falling in love with the feisty Kiya. I liked that she was loved and desired. I liked the fact that she included her happiness within her duty. I realized how the deaths and ages coincided with the story and it kept my amazement because of the cultural differences. I just loved how the author told the story without us (the readers) thinking that it is wrong or disguising. I just fell in love with everything it was quite remarkable.
RICHARD BRADLEY
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of Suspense

Well written and suspenseful. Has an abundance of historical facts that transport one to a far different time. Has a continuing thread of romance that keeps you guessing. Life portrayed in an Egyptian palace is eye opening.Take a day off and enjoy this book!
Faye Irvine
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

Katie does it again, another homerun! I love a good tale with a strong women behind it all....I want to tell you more, but YOU, must experience Kiya's life story on your own. Gotta go read the 3rd book now. Happy tales!
Michelle Austin
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannot get enough of this series.

Brave Naomi struggling with the conflict of her heart and the troubles of being a mother. Her tribulations have you eager to read more of her story.
Tori
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Book II was just as good as the first! Though there wasn't a lot of crazy action, the political and family conflict was so good!
Mollyjr
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit

Like the first book in this series, I read this in less than a day. That is an indicator for me. The faster I read, the more I like it!
Teresa Miller
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am looking forward to the third book. Took me less than 24 hours to read book 2
April Lemen
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again, I couldn't put it down! I just had to know and just kept reading...very good story, on to #3
Samantha Rooney
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Engrossing fictional read about the how Akhenaten was viewed by the commen people during the waing years of his rule, as seen through the eyes of his Hebrew wife in hiding
T
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great follow up book to the first book in the series. The excitement of the book was amazing.The story-line was perfect.
Carla Mullen
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

The cover of this book was so intriguing that I downloaded it. When I started it I didn't want to stop. Now I'm on the third book and wish there were more
Joyce Sanderson
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I hated to put it down reading it in record time. I can't wait to read the third book it must be as great as the other two
Danielle Bonam
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
**Spoiler Alert**

As happens in most forms of media, the second novel of the Kiya trilogy did not hold up to the expectations of the first.

As Kiya returns home to avoid assassination attempts from Nefertiti she once again becomes Naomi. A young Hebrew woman raising 3 children. Her trials in the first half of the second novel revolve around her becoming reacquainted with her family and traditions. The assassination attempts continue but thankfully she is protected by her love interested from Amar
Darsie
Part two of a trilogy (I hadn't read part one but it didn't spoil this story)

Set in ancient Egypt, Kiya, Beloved Wife of the King, escapes the palace in the dead of night with three children and a palace guard for protection. They run from the evil, murderous and far reaching grasp of Nefertiti. Barely escaping with their lives from a terrifying wild animal attack in the process. Numerous attempts on all their lives ensue as Kiya (now Naomi) attempts to safely raise the royal children in a small
Stephanie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Jean
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Life among the ancient Hebrews

If this is your interest , this may be the book for you . The details may not be accurate , though , so take care.
More care was required in the study of both Kiya and her son as the now known physical appearance of Tut is not the dashing young prince of this novel but a semi deformed cripple.
So sad , too , to remember the end of the story .The mummies of even the premature babies salvaged from Tut's tomb.
So much effort , suffering and bloodshed to become museum exhi
Sharon M. Turner
another great book by Katie Hamstead

Kiya, mother of King Tut. Follow the saving of Tut and several of the other Royal Children as they flee the assassin's of Queen Nefertiti with the Grand Beloved Wife of Akhenaten, Pharaoh of Egypt. The most important thing to Kiya or Naomi as she is called now is the safety of her children. Read along to see what she goes through to see to their safety. Then read book 3.
S
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book was even better than the first book of the series. Kiya, the main character, is a strong-willed, caring mother who always seeks the best for her family. The series stays true to the customs and ways of the people during this time. Have thoroughly enjoyed the series and can't wait for the last book. If you want something to keep your attention, then grab this series. Definitely a worthwhile read.
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
  • The Problem With Heartache (Crazy in Love, #3)
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Fight for Me
  • Dead Man's Drive
  • The Wrong Book
  • The Field of Reeds (Imhotep #4)
  • The Conjurer: A Martha Beale Mystery
  • Cassandra (Delphic Women, #2)
  • The Dagger of Isis
  • Sovereign of Stars (The She-King, #3)
  • The King's Man (The King's Man, #3)
  • Lucid Dreaming (Lucid Dreaming, #1)
  • Dancing on Knives
Born and raised in Australia, Katie's early years of day dreaming in the "bush," and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughters, and their dogs.
She has a diploma in travel and t

KIYA Trilogy (3 books)
  • Hope of the Pharaoh (KIYA Trilogy, #1)
  • Rise of a New Dynasty (KIYA Trilogy, #3)