Start by marking “The Miracle of the Artist's Date: 52 Ideas for Activities that will Nourish Your Creative Soul: A Special from Tarcher/Penguin [Kindle Edition]” as Want to Read:

Julia Cameron’s groundbreaking Artist's Way program has helped millions of individuals around the world discover their creative selves. In this invaluable companion to The Artist’s Way, Cameron provides further insight into one of her most powerful Artist’s Way tools: The Artist’s Date. The Artist's Date is a block of time that aspiring and established artists devote to st ...more
Published June 25th 2013 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle of the Artist's Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle of the Artist's Date

Start your review of The Miracle of the Artist's Date: 52 Ideas for Activities that will Nourish Your Creative Soul: A Special from Tarcher/Penguin [Kindle Edition]
Dearwassily
Nov 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I definitely would not buy this; get it from the library, if you must. Otherwise, 52 not very creative ideas for dates, most of which include buying things, or were items re-hashed: make guacamole; make soup; bake a pie—these were three separate ideas, not one. So much fluff and filler. Disappointing—or, it would have been had I had any expectations whatsoever.
Connie Darlene Dunn
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice and precise

Julia gave simple ideas that are easy to implement. She has a very easily read, quotable flow. The slight weakness in the artist date options were what gave the book its strength as well: simple, which in this case .
Elle
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful!

This was another quick yet insightful read. The book helped me explore ideas for artist's dates that I wouldn't have thought of before. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and looking forward to some playful fun!
K Kirby
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Another one of her books that I just thoroughly enjoyed. I don't consider myself an artist, but I think I would enjoy my life more living as one. That might also show me that I'm wrong...lots of ways to define being an artist. These books are helping me find mine. ...more
PollyAnna Joy
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Ideas!

Who doesn't love ideas/help when venturing out and trying something new? I've been reading Julia Cameron's books for more than 20 years, but I am finally going to attempt to give the Basics real effort rather than halfies it. I'm ready!! 💛
Maya
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I bought this as a companion to The Artist's Way. I've found it helpful to flip through when I can't think of an Artist Date. It is somewhat repetitive, but all it truly needs to do is inspire and that it does. ...more
Lisa
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-writers-life
Everyone who considers themselves an artist should read and do as this book says. Artist Dates are food for the soul. And the bonus chapters in the end are priceless. Your kids will thank you.
Frances
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting and chock full of good ideas for Artist's Dates. I'll keep it on hand for when I have No idea what to do. ...more
Cynthia Wheelehan
Quick little ebook
Maggie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-writing
excellent perspective on how to keep the creative impulse flowing
Barbara Storey
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-on-writing
Great little e-book with ideas for Artist's Dates, and a deeper explanation of what they are, and what they're meant to do. Recommended! ...more
jlsuttles
Feb 10, 2018
Kim Wilkinson
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • The Book of Longings
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less
  • Big Summer
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion
  • misUnderstood (The Birthright Series Book 4)
  • Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy
  • In the Dream House
  • How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind: Dealing with Your House's Dirty Little Secrets
  • The Plot
  • Disavowed (The Birthright Series Book 5)
  • A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live
  • Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff
  • The Power of Writing It Down: A Simple Habit to Unlock Your Brain and Reimagine Your Life
  • The Art of Noticing: 131 Ways to Spark Creativity, Find Inspiration, and Discover Joy in the Everyday
Julia Cameron has been an active artist for more than thirty years, with fifteen books (including bestsellers The Artist's Way, Walking In This World and The Right to Write) and countless television, film, and theater scripts to her credit. Writing since the age of 18, Cameron has a long list of screenplay and teleplay credits to her name, including an episode of Miami Vice, and Elvis and the Beau ...more

News & Interviews