Start by marking “The Do-Over” as Want to Read:
The Do-Over

Read Excerpt

The Do-Over

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  8,541 Ratings  ·  738 Reviews
Arrogant womanizer Kyle Manchester hates blind dates; however, when best friend, Brad calls in a favor, insisting Kyle take out his girlfriend’s sister, Kyle reluctantly agrees. Attorney Lanie Carmichael’s appearance is no surprise. She is dowdy, awkward, and dressed in so many layers she resembles a wedding cake, but not in an edible way. Her brazen attitude though, aston ...more
Published October 7th 2013 by Loose Id

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!!!

Imagine my surprise when I discovered M.K. Schiller had a new book out?!?!?! It wasn't even on Goodreads....I stumbled upon it on Amazon. And I LOVE LOVE LOVED The Other C-Word!

The Do-Over was like Sex-Ed 101....and as another friend pointed out (thanks Sara)...it also reminded me of the movie 27 Dresses.

The story revolves around 4 characters for the most part--Brad, Kyle (the hero), Lanie (the heroine) and Cassie.

Lanie--28 year old virgin lawyer, hiding behind frumpy clothes.

Cas
Mysza
Nov 10, 2013 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
I forking loved this book! One of the best romantic, funny books I've read. And Kyle could fork me anytime, just saying...

Real life and work is kicking my butt so this gonna be quick and in gifs.

She was adorable...

He was adorable...

And them together...

So simply...

that I've read this book!.

And to all you my friends who didn't kick my butt to read this earlier...

just kidding, love you all!!!
Pearl Angeli
5 Kyle Manchester Stars!

"You can't plan love; it just happens."

There are so many underrated but great romance books that everyone should pay attention to. This book is one of them. I loved it so much that I found myself smiling, laughing, and totally swooning the entire time I was reading it.

The Do-Over is a friends-with-benefits and friends-to-lovers kind of romance book. It does sound cliché but for me, this is a good kind of cliché because it's not a shallow romance book to begin with.

The s
Mo
Oct 12, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it
This is the story of sexy, arrogant, journalist, Kyle Manchester, who has women dropping at his feet at every turn …. And dowdy, awkward, lawyer, Lanie Carmichael. Kyle’s friend, Brad, sets him up for a blind date with Lanie….. I think he wishes he was “blind” when he saw first her….. problem is, Lanie WANTs Brad! And Brad is dating Lanie’s sister ….

He was Mr Fantastic while Kyle was Mr Fucktastic

I don’t want to say much but the banter between these two is great. Lanie dresses in layers, in d
Lisa Jayne
Jan 05, 2014 Lisa Jayne rated it it was amazing
FIVE FORK ME STARS.

description

I got to about a quarter of a way through completing this novel, and thought to myself 'I need to go in search of more books by this author'. What a brilliantly put together story, it was witty, heartfelt, sexy and utterly charming. 'The Do-Over' left me with a smile on my face, a longing for more and an unhealthy addiction to this story. From beginning to end this was a thoroughly gorgeous tale that was begging me to read it right from reading the blurb. I'm excited to discov
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5* FORKing Hot & Hilarious Stars!!

BEST. BOOK. I. HAVE. READ. IN. MONTHS.

I always love a story about a nerdy gal landing the hot guy, but how Lanie goes about landing Kyle in The Do-Over was down right hilarious and hot. I am now a big fan of this author!

Lanie is a brilliant but frumpy 28 y/o lawyer who has spent her life focused on building her career, and now she wants to focus on falling in love. She has a BIG secret crush on her co-worker Brad, and she knows they could be perfect toget
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Forking Laugh Out Loud Stars

I'm not into set ups. You know that."
"Lanie is very nice. She's an attorney too and works at my firm. She's very successful."
"Yep, and I bet she wears granny panties."
"You're disgusting. Do you know how offensive you are?"
"Offensive? To grandmas?"
"She's not bad looking."
"Yeah, well, 'not bad looking' doesn't mean good-looking, and even if it did, that's way below hot."

That quote there? I was pretty much sold into the story the second I read that. 3% in, and I kn
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4 Funny Stars

You have frumpy, 28-year old virgin lawyer, Lanie.

You have hot journalist, playboy Kyle.

You have Lanie's awful wench of a sister, Cassie.

And you have Cassie's boyfriend Brad, who is also Kyle's friend, Lanie's co-worker and love interest.

Lanie thinks Brad would be the perfect life partner for her. They have similar goals and work together and he is her ideal man.

photo tumblr_lmcbngGUZs1qa9fb5o1_500_zps3b63aef3.gif

Unfortunately Brad is dating mega bitch, moocher Cassie. Lanie knows a break-up is inevitable since Cassie is a serial c
Catarina
4 Sweet Stars
Lanie is a lawyer with some image issues, thanks to her sister and mother, and she’s completely dedicated to her work, but no so much herself.
Kyle is a journalist and a ladies-man. He’s charismatic, successful, extremely good looking and he knows it and uses it to his advantage.
He is the best-friend of Brad, the guy Lanie’s in love with… and that is currently dating her sister.
So they make a deal: They will pretend to date and meanwhile Kyle will help her improve her image and be
Jill
Feb 14, 2014 Jill rated it liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Stephanie D

All-in-all a cute and enjoyable read. Yes, it's fairly predictable (what romance isn't?) and it's pretty full of well-worn tropes and clichés. But, it's still fun with two very likable protagonists.

Can't add much more to what's already been said in other reviews. But if you enjoy contemporary romances, à la My Fair Lady, where the heroine goes from this....

to this....

description

....you'll enjoy The Do-Over .

Steam: 3-3.5

*Thanks for the original rec, Stephanie.....and to everyone else for the next
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 07, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
What a funny, sexy, enjoyable, light read!

description

M.K. Schiller delivered a well paced story that has the right ingredients to bring smiles to readers’ faces!!

It starts with a set up...

"She's not bad looking."
"She's a nice girl, and she's very intelligent...and articulate...and successful."
"Just the kind of girl I avoid."

Then a switch up…

”I’m in love with Brad.”

Kyle agrees to help Lanie win Brad (her
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 4.5 "I forking LOVED it!!" stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I'm in love with Brad."
"What?"
"Yes, I love Brad, and you're Brad's best friend. Or at least a close friend, and I thought maybe you could help me."

"...Then I guess we have an understanding."
"We do."
●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Just from the blurb alone, I knew I would really enjoy this book. I'm glad to say that this book didn't disappoint me...at all. I loved it!!

The story start
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
2 stars. DNF at 48 %. Not my cup of tea. I won't even bother reviewing this.

photo pFPyb_zps8f9c5bcf.gif

photo tumblr_ms79ftnOiP1qaobbko1_500_zpsbed75df8.gif
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***5 Melt My Heart and My Panties Stars***

Sooooo, basically...

I'm not going to go into any type of detail about anything....I'm just going to give you the emotion that pretty much sums up my thoughts on this book. So here you have it...

That feeling when you finish watching a movie, a romantic comedy would suit this book the best, and immediately go buy the DVD so that you can add it to your collection because you know you're going to watch it over and over again. But also know that when you're f
KatLynne
4.5 Fantastic, Fun Stars!

Humor and steam are two of my favorite combinations and this book delivers! It's very well written and the mixture of passion, romance, tenderness and laughter is served up in spades.

Lanie Carmichael is an intelligent, young attorney whose appearance can only be described as frumpy. Her outdated, mismatched, baggy apparel leaves much to be desired and while her outer shell may have you thinking mousy as well as uninteresting, looks can be deceiving. As the physical lay
Sophie
Oct 13, 2014 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: bad-boys
★ 4 Forking Stars ★

This was such a light, fun read! Exactly what I needed at the moment! :)

The story reminded me a lot of the movie 27 Dresses ! Brad is Kyle's best friend and asks him as a favor to go out on a date with his girlfriend's sister, Lannie. Kyle is the typical selfish, manwhore, avoiding commitment and having only one night stand with girls, so he doesn't want to accept, but Brad makes him accept in the end.

Kyle meets Lannie and he is surprised by her personality. She doesn't act
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lanie is a very successful lawyer, living in Chicago and supporting her nasty sister. Lanie is a wallflower at best...she disguises herself underneath layers of unfashionable clothing, wears no-making...nothing alluring about her. Her sister, on the other hand, is tall, blonde and dates every successful man around...namely Brad, Lanie's business associate and secret love interest. Cassie treats Lanie like garbage and Lanie takes it. If anything will drive you crazy in this book, it's Lanie's ab
Didi
Jan 02, 2014 Didi rated it really liked it
4 STARS OR 8/10!!

I'm really beginning to think MK Schiller is fast becoming one of my go-to authors! This is the second book I've read by her and I loved it. This reminded me of an ugly duckling turned swan story. But Lanie was never an ugly duckling. She did hide behind layers of clothes and bulky glasses, hiding herself behind layers meant to discourage any admirers.

But Lanie needed help. She needed Kyle's help in scoring favour with his best friend and boyfriend to Lanie's sister, Cassie. But
Amanda
OMG! This was one the the best romantic comedy I have read in a long while. It was funny, sexy, the dialog was smart and witty. Kyle was so swoon-worthy!!! Sweetest pretend-boyfriend ever!!

I love Lanie. This frumpy 28 year old virgin was an oddball, but she was seriously smart. She was a lawyer after all. She had never been interested in love life until she had a crush on her colleague, Brad. Too bad he was in love with her bitch of a sister, Cassie. Cassie was the epitome of a bombshell and Lan
Harriet ~ bookworm
*5 CRAZY BEAUTIFUL, SWOON WORTHY, HILARIOUS STARS!*

This may turn in to a gush more than a review. I cant get over how truly amazing this book was. It was a feel good, happy, fluffy and sexy read that made my grin stretch from ear to ear the whole time reading it. There was a bit of drama but not too much. This book was a perfect amount of funny that made me at times laugh out loud. If I could, this review would be just full of quotes and nothing else as the banter and swoon worthy thoughts espe
Maayan
One of the sweetest books I've ever read! Kyle & Lanie are such a cute couple! Their chemistry was astounding and I enjoyed so much to fall in love with them!
Deeksha
Feb 03, 2014 Deeksha rated it did not like it
1.5 Nothing New Stars

Why, why do I torture myself ??

description

I read these raving reviews and then I'm like maybe I should give this a try, but as usual I am left disappointed .

description

There was nothing wrong with this book , don't get me wrong . The problem is it seems like the book was a mix of a lot of books and given that the book was released in October 2013 , which is pretty recent , I can't even say that other books were released with a similar concept after it .

There were some different elements but the
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
“You’re definitely not the hero in my story.”
“I’m not the hero in anyone’s story.”

What an adorable, funny read! It was awesome, and the characters were great. Not Lanie family though. Hated them. Lanie and Kyle on the other hand...loved them. Specially Kyle. I loved how Kyle was with Lanie, how he made her feel beautiful. For those who read this book, and didn't fall for Kyle; you have no heart. He was amazing.
“I’ve got news for you, buster. She is beautiful,” Rachael said with some admoni
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 12, 2014 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Light, HEA, Friends to Lovers, Stand Alone
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Allison, Lisa Jayne, Mo
4 Totally Enjoyable Transformative Stars * * * *

I love my GR feed... yes, I said it. I love seeing all of the books and personal comments from my friends and their friends updating my page. My page is a window to so many things... trends in the types of books which are hot... information which I value about what they are reading and wonderfully entertaining reviews.... some of which are on the scale of any blockbuster playing on the silver screen. I have learned who has similar tastes to mine a
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Feb 11, 2014 Crystal~BIG book addict~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
4.5 Player Stars!

This was a great read. It was sweet and hot at the same time. Absolutely loved this author's writing.

Kyle Masterson is a player. He doesn't do relationships and is happy living the bachelor life. He is also a successful journalist.

He is asked by his best friend, Brad, to go on a blind date with his girlfriend's sister. Kyle doesn't want to but he caves.

Meet Lanie, a frumpy lawyer who tends to wear five layers of clothes. Her sister is the beautiful one, but she made something o
Katerina
Dec 31, 2016 Katerina rated it liked it
3.5 stars because of the llama-drama towards the end. I still need a Kyle Manchester though! ❤ ...more
Sara
Oct 11, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
This book was a blast! The story kinda reminds me of 27 dresses (with a much bitchier sister) and was fun to read like Wallbanger!

Brad is dating Cassie. Cassie is living with her sister Lanie, and Lanie not only works with Brad but is seriously crushing on Brad. Kyle is Brads womanizing friend.

First of all, I loved Lanie! She was so freaking fun to read. She's shy yet assertive. Sexy under all her layers and a heart of gold even though the object of her affection is her sisters boyfriend.

Cass
Malika

FINALLY!! THANK U GOD!!!

This is the best comtempory rom i've read in months, maybe years?! Lol really really good ^_*
I freakin loved the heroine, she is so smart and ... Oh gawd she was jst so awesome! I wanna giv her a big fat hug right after I bitch slap her mommy dearest and sis!! Gawd i hated them! I loved the set down she gave the skanky mole sis of hers but im so disappointed mommy dearest didnt get her just dessert! I'll be coming up wit very violent very unpleasant ending to that witch i
Dilek VT
This book is kind of 3,5 for me, but because of its fun moments, I have rounded it up to"4".

It is in fact a very sweet book. Whenever you need a light, fun read, you can go with this book. I liked the hero and the heroine and the dialogues between them were enjoyable.

So, well, why not more stars?

As sweet as it was, there were too many clichés in the book, the transformation of the characters and their feelings seemed to be rushed a little bit and the book was totally predictable. Nothing surpr
Erika
Lots of my GR friends love this, so I may end up changing my mind at some point in the future. But that manwhore getting the virgin trope just .... ugh. Hate it! Plus (view spoiler)
Fifty Shades Supp...: ARR # 36. - THE DO-OVER by M.K. Schiller 68 231 Mar 04, 2014 07:39AM
  • The Virgin Sex Queen
  • Never Been Kissed (Never Been, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #1-3)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • The Dysfunctional Test
  • Seducing the Enemy (Heirs of Damon, #1)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love, #3)
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Isn't She Lovely (Redemption, #0.5)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • The Fifth Favor
  • From Rags
  • On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)
Not knowing a word of English, MK Schiller came to America at the age of four from India. Since then, all she’s done is collect words. After receiving the best gift ever from her parents—her very own library card—she began reading everything she could get her greedy hands on. At sixteen, a friend asked her to make up a story featuring the popular bad boy at school. This wasn’t fan fiction…it was f ...more
More about M.K. Schiller...

“Fork you, Kyle," she said and took a bite of her duck, chewing it with deliberate slowness.
"Fork yourself, Lanie," he replied, irritated by her rant.
She got quiet for a minute, swallowed, and then said barely above a whisper, "I tried but it didn't work. That's why I have you.”
19 likes
“If you think you’re doing some charity work with me… something altruistic by taking pity on poor little Lanie, get over it now, mister—”

Her fork flew right out of her hand, past Kyle’s shoulder. She sat there for a second staring disbelievingly at her empty hand. Then she narrowed her eyes at Kyle and snatched the fork out of his hand and used it.
-“That’s my fork, Lanie.”
-“Fork you, Kyle,”