Start by marking “Fraud at Snowfields” as Want to Read:
Fraud at Snowfields

Fraud at Snowfields

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Bluerorcs! Six, seven, a dozen? He cannot tell because the tiny bright blue explosions of light keep blinding him. Will, running as fast as he can. Flashes of blue, flashes of yellow, brilliant flashes of blue and yellow together like fireworks—Will is as frightened as he has ever been. He keeps running...

Only a short time after a strange nightmare Will again feels like h
Published October 10th 2013 by Daniel Klockenbrink (first published September 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fraud at Snowfields, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fraud at Snowfields

Dianne
Get ready for the tale that REALLY CAN satisfy EVERYONE! Like mystery? Like magic? Like fantasy? Intrigue? Still want to believe in Santa Claus? That good conquers evil? That children can be heroes and do the impossible? Get ready to renew your “kid card” with Daniel Klock’s Fraud at Snowfield’s, the perfect read for the entire family.

Imagine being chosen to attend a special school as part of The White Christmas Organization? One learns how to help Father Christmas manage to make every delivery
Lenora
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is aimed at tweenagers and early teens and I think it would appeal very much to the Harry Potter audience as well. However much Hogwarts may have inspired Snowfields, the allure of the boarding school as a place of adventure and mystery has been around longer than Harry Potter, the world of Snowfields is very different Hogwarts. Klock has Snowfields and the White Christmas Organisation using a cunning blend of Christmas Magic alongside modern techno wizardry. As Arthur C Clarke said "A ...more
Tara Kolsrud
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

"The whole story is full of wonder and Christmas delight."- From My review on Obviously Opinionated. Read the whole review here: http://www.obviouslyopinionated.com/f...
Tracy Terry
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take Hogwarts and replace it with another unique school, a railway station and the Hogwarts Express with, well, an equally fun way of transportation, 'Defence Against the Dark Arts' and 'Care of Magical Creatures' with more festive lessons, traditional wands with those a tad more modern and you have Fraud At Snowfields.

Whether a good thing or bad I suppose comparisons with the Harry Potter series were inevitable as Will finds himself at this rather unusual boarding school.

One of those books tha
Ericka Greer
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(I was given this free book by the author in exchange for an honest review)

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it and I love to get people into the holiday spirit. I found that Christmas feeling while reading Fraud At Snowfields. I absolutely loved reading this book! It put me right into the Christmas Spirit. It reminded me of the Christmas shows that are apart of the 25 days of Christmas but that is my thought :).

Will is asked to join a secret organization called The Whit
Priscilla Gough
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is aimed at a slightly younger reader than the usual YA books I read but nevertheless it was an enjoyable easy light read. I would definitely recommend it for tween (mid group) readers in particular.
Cindy Marsch
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stopped-reading
I received an ARC for purposes of honest review. I did not complete the reading of the story.

The concept of a Christmas-y Hogwarts is intriguing and has potential to be delightfully British, but the treatment here is simply not compelling. It’s unfortunately realistic that the place is labeled “Snowfields, Official Training School of the Christmas Service, Part of the White Christmas Organization (WCO).” But all the imagination that could be there is just drained out by the very “told,” not “sho
Kathryn Svendsen
Fraud at Snowfields is a great Christmas novel for tweenagers and teens. It’s full of Christmas magic and mystery. Imagine being invited to attend school where you are trained to assist Santa Claus himself! That would be so much fun! Will Burns receives the invitation and is amazed by all the wonders he sees at the school in Snowfields. What he doesn’t expect is the mystery and intrigue he ends up being involved in and the danger the conspiracy puts him in.

The author has a wonderful imagination
Indiebrag
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that FRAUD AT SNOWFIELDS by Daniel Klock is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!

Rachel Jones
Jan 27, 2018
Lilian Roberts
Oct 27, 2013
Daniel Klock
Oct 10, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Denise Kuntz
Bonnie Platt
is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2017
Teen Books: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 5 Oct 15, 2013 03:11PM
SciFi and Fantasy...: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 4 Oct 15, 2013 03:09PM
Crazy for Young A...: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 6 Oct 15, 2013 02:59PM
Book Haven: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 4 Oct 13, 2013 01:11PM