Start by marking “Fraud at Snowfields” as Want to Read:
Fraud at Snowfields

Fraud at Snowfields

Bluerorcs! Six, seven, a dozen? He cannot tell because the tiny bright blue explosions of light keep blinding him. Will, running as fast as he can. Flashes of blue, flashes of yellow, brilliant flashes of blue and yellow together like fireworks—Will is as frightened as he has ever been. He keeps running...

Only a short time after a strange nightmare Will again feels like h
Published October 10th 2013 by Daniel Klockenbrink (first published September 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fraud at Snowfields, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fraud at Snowfields

Dianne
Get ready for the tale that REALLY CAN satisfy EVERYONE! Like mystery? Like magic? Like fantasy? Intrigue? Still want to believe in Santa Claus? That good conquers evil? That children can be heroes and do the impossible? Get ready to renew your “kid card” with Daniel Klock’s Fraud at Snowfield’s, the perfect read for the entire family.

Imagine being chosen to attend a special school as part of The White Christmas Organization? One learns how to help Father Christmas manage to make every delivery
Lenora
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is aimed at tweenagers and early teens and I think it would appeal very much to the Harry Potter audience as well. However much Hogwarts may have inspired Snowfields, the allure of the boarding school as a place of adventure and mystery has been around longer than Harry Potter, the world of Snowfields is very different Hogwarts. Klock has Snowfields and the White Christmas Organisation using a cunning blend of Christmas Magic alongside modern techno wizardry. As Arthur C Clarke said "A ...more
Irene
Nov 19, 2018 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I gave up at around 6% after reading the list of every color of every tree ornament and the order in which they are placed on the tree. I don't think this would hold a middle schooler's attention. Not enough action. Show me don't tell me.
Tara Kolsrud
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

"The whole story is full of wonder and Christmas delight."- From My review on Obviously Opinionated. Read the whole review here: http://www.obviouslyopinionated.com/f...
Tracy Terry
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Take Hogwarts and replace it with another unique school, a railway station and the Hogwarts Express with, well, an equally fun way of transportation, 'Defence Against the Dark Arts' and 'Care of Magical Creatures' with more festive lessons, traditional wands with those a tad more modern and you have Fraud At Snowfields.

Whether a good thing or bad I suppose comparisons with the Harry Potter series were inevitable as Will finds himself at this rather unusual boarding school.

One of those books tha
Ericka Greer
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(I was given this free book by the author in exchange for an honest review)

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it and I love to get people into the holiday spirit. I found that Christmas feeling while reading Fraud At Snowfields. I absolutely loved reading this book! It put me right into the Christmas Spirit. It reminded me of the Christmas shows that are apart of the 25 days of Christmas but that is my thought :).

Will is asked to join a secret organization called The Whit
Seraphia
Fraud at Snowfields is a children’s story that is ideal for the Christmas holidays. The author takes elements of a story that we are all familiar with, Harry Potter, and blends certain aspects of it together with the magic of Christmas. Now please keep in mind I said certain aspects of that famous series. There will be certain elements that you’ll find familiar in this story compared to that one and it will remind you, but the stories are distinctly different.
Fraud at Snowfields by Daniel Klock
Lee
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Christmas book! This is a great children's book all about a magical land of Christmas. Will Burns is a twelve year old who still believes in the magic of the holidays. He loves decorations and presents and all that is involved with Christmas. As long as he can remember, he has believed deep down in the existence of Father Christmas. He's the family appointed Christmas tree decorator, and is very good at what he does, even though school bullies give him a hard time about enjoying all ...more
Valerie
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not care for this story. It was not everything I had hoped it would be after reading the blurb. The author missed a smash hit with this storyline and delivered an adequate story at best. I read this with my 10 year old niece and she was bored and couldn't relate to any of the characters as they were too simple. Just because it's a "children's" book doesn't mean that it needs to be overtly simple and boring. I ended up finishing the story by myself, but only because my niece kept falling as ...more
Pat Eroh
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great concept! Of course, new people will be integrated into Father Christmas; magical enterprise, I was intrigued by the strictly British look at Santa Claus and the magical elves who keep Christmas. While a bit slow at times, it was a wonderful story that helped me see Christmas from a different point of view.

Judith Price
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not just a Christmas read. An enchanted teen suspense!

The story brings back memories of a hodgepodge of stories about the magic of Christmas, family and the Hardy Boys adventures. From the very first chapter, you start to get excited about where the story is going. With believable scenes, I sometimes found myself in them.

The book has several 'read-between-the-lines' life lessons for a young teen and full of fun.

I highly recommend this book at any time of the year!
Priscilla Gough
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is aimed at a slightly younger reader than the usual YA books I read but nevertheless it was an enjoyable easy light read. I would definitely recommend it for tween (mid group) readers in particular.
Rebecca
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great kids book. Both of my boys loved the story. It was wonderfully written and is actually great for kids of all ages...I even enjoyed it! I voluntarily read and reviewed this book in exchange for a free copy.
Tanya
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He had a strange dream and He is about to have an offer he cannot refuse. He is given a chance to help Santa. This is such a delightful read which would be good for a bedtime story

Cindy Marsch
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stopped-reading
I received an ARC for purposes of honest review. I did not complete the reading of the story.

The concept of a Christmas-y Hogwarts is intriguing and has potential to be delightfully British, but the treatment here is simply not compelling. It’s unfortunately realistic that the place is labeled “Snowfields, Official Training School of the Christmas Service, Part of the White Christmas Organization (WCO).” But all the imagination that could be there is just drained out by the very “told,” not “sho
Kathryn Svendsen
Fraud at Snowfields is a great Christmas novel for tweenagers and teens. It’s full of Christmas magic and mystery. Imagine being invited to attend school where you are trained to assist Santa Claus himself! That would be so much fun! Will Burns receives the invitation and is amazed by all the wonders he sees at the school in Snowfields. What he doesn’t expect is the mystery and intrigue he ends up being involved in and the danger the conspiracy puts him in.

The author has a wonderful imagination
Indiebrag
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that FRAUD AT SNOWFIELDS by Daniel Klock is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!

YI
Lana
Jan 27, 2018
RABT Book Tours: Fraud at Snowfields by Daniel Klock 1 1 Nov 24, 2018 04:45AM
Teen Books: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 5 Oct 15, 2013 03:11PM
SciFi and Fantasy...: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 4 Oct 15, 2013 03:09PM
Crazy for Young A...: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 6 Oct 15, 2013 02:59PM
Book Haven: Daniel Klock - Fraud at Snowfields 1 4 Oct 13, 2013 01:11PM