Start by marking “Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)” as Want to Read:
Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)

Grave Destinations

(Grave #2)

She’s sexy-fierce, resourceful—and will do anything to protect victims as innocent as she once was. But this kick-ass reaper never bargained on meeting her not-quite-human match…or putting their very souls on the line.

A luxury Caribbean cruise is Ruby Dawson’s idea of hell even under the best circumstances. Too many bad memories bubble up—especially of the wrenching injust
Published January 2nd 2014 by eKensington (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Grave Destinations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grave Destinations

Dianne
Click on Banner to Enter

GRAND PRIZE:
$20 Amazon gift card

RUNNERS UP:  E-copy of Grave Intentions to two (2) runners
up (Kindle or Nook format)

A Reaper and a soul cursed with a Demon both take a Caribbean cruise…is it possible for them to find love against the background of the high seas, murder and mayhem? Lori Sjorberg’s Grave Destinations, book two of her Grave Series spotlights Ruby, a reaper who hates anything nautical, but she has an assignment, capture a soul scheduled to depart this wor
Coco.V
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/1/2019)! 🎁
Laylaw
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review
3.5 Demon worthy stars. Okay- lately I have not been in a sci-fi, paranormal mood- but shame on me because I am missing alot. Grave Destinations is book 2 in the Grave series by Lori Sjorberg but to me it was a stand alone book. The story follows Ruby who is a reaper sent to reap the souls of those who are dying. Ruby's mortal life ended tragically but she is given a chance to continue on as a reaper. Ruby's latest mission is aboard a majestic cruise ship set forth in the Carribean. Sounds like ...more
Marta Cox
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the second in this new paranormal series featuring Reapers, yes those that come to claim our souls at the moment of death . This follows on from the authors previous book Grave Intentions and still has some of the original characters playing a part.
Ruby has been dead for a long time and serves as a Reaper. Her job is simple, be there at time of death and remove the soul until it can be safely sent on its way. Not the worse job but still at times it can be harrowing. This time her b
Douglas Meeks
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ruby is a Reaper and made a bit of an appearance in book 1 of the series Grave Intentions (The Grave Series) and this one will keep you on your toes.

This is a romance at heart but spends most of its time as a murder mystery interspersed with a bit of humor all of which makes this a great reading experience.

Jack has been cursed and Ruby is a Reaper, neither of them are looking for a relationship because they both think they really have nothing to offer to a long term relationship. They are wrong
Michelle Hauck
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed this sequel more than the first version. Ruby is a reaper who keeps her emotions and her feelings on a tight leash. Then she's assigned to a job on a cruise ship and she meets Jack. But Jack has a secret too.

In this book we focus on Ruby who was a secondary character in the first Grave story line. She tough. She's resourceful and she's nobody's fool, which makes her a character easy to like when she lets down her walls.

So much more than a romance story, Grave Destinations has action e
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
It's not often I wish I could give a book a rating higher than the highest. While, and after reading this book though, I really really wished I could.
Grave Destinations takes us back to the world of reapers, and this time we're with Ruby, the flirty no-strings-attached redhead, and the man of mystery Jack Deverell.

When I read a book, I usually take notes on the side of the things I either liked or disliked about it. It helps me remember all that I want to say about the book, but in this case I
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Book source ~ NetGalley

Ruby Dawson is a kickass reaper, but when her boss sends her on a cruise to collect a soul she’s not so happy. Ruby hates the water - for good reason, too. When she meets sexy and charming Jack Deverell, things start looking up. But the shit hits the fan before they can really heat up the sheets and they end up hunting a killer.

This is a great read. The characters are well-rounded with great back stories, the plot is interesting, there’s humor and steaminess, and reaper
Nicky Peacock
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a 2nd book in a series, but I was assured you don’t need to read the first to enjoy the second – and they were right! I adored this book. I’ve been reading a lot of paranormal romance recently and this one really stands out for three reasons: The Relationship, The Setting and The Mystery. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and although I’m not really into murder mysterious, there was enough paranormal in there to keep me happy as I Agatha Christie’d my way to the end.

From a writer’s
TheGeekyBlogger
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Review (NetGalley)
Tracking Books Read Review (short)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.75
Character Rating: 4.25

First Thought when Finished: Grave Destinations was another fun entry in the Grave series. I love Reapers!

Overall Thoughts: I want to thank Lori Sjoberg for writing a series with Reapers. There just aren't enough of them out there. I really like the Grave series so far. The characters are fantastic, complicated, and damaged. I really liked Ruby in book 1 and knew I wanted her
Monique
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Ms. Sjoberg's first book, Grave Intentions, I searched, and to my dismay it was her only book. At last, the wait is over, her second book is out and she does not disappoint. She is a master at world building, and with a solid story, fantastically appealing characters, she takes you along an action-packed ride, all the while introducing the romantic part, and giving us a fresh, exciting angle on paranormal romance. At some point, a character tells another they know what they are, ...more
A. Gorman
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read the first book in the series, however, I don't think I missed out on anything, other than reading a good book, in this book.

Ruby Dawson is a reaper and Jack Deverell is a collector of souls that has been cursed... And the only person who can save him is Ruby.

These two are a great couple even when they don't have what it takes to be a couple. I really liked reading this story because it was full of mystery and you didn't know what was going to happen until it happened.

I am going bac
Angel
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Lori Sjoberg creates characters with such great chemistry. Much like the first book in this series, Grave Intentions, the reader has the pleasure of actually seeing and understanding why and how the characters fall for each other. I really like that in a romance - too often I feel like readers are simply told the two characters want each other, without any real explanation.

Anyway, very sexy story, lots of action and mystery, demons and reapers on a cruise ship. Very enj
Michele Glenewinkel
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jack and Ruby are HOT...HOT...HOT!! Someone get me a fruity drink with a colorful umbrella in it so I can sit by the poolside with this fast paced steamy paranormal romance. Ruby has attitude in spades and Jack is just delicious. Put those two together and the sparks fly!
Marie Andersson
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack is a yummy hero!Great Paranormal Romance.The writing is fun and intelligent.Can't wait to read more books in this series.:)Really recommend that you read this if you love Paranormal Romance.
Michele
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm really diggin this series. A new twist of paranormal romance with great characters and storylines.
☕️Kimberly
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Maybe I am creepy, or maybe I should blame Darynda Jones but I have a thing for Reapers. Grave Destinations is the second book in the Grave Series by Lori Sjoberg. Her twist on why these souls are reapers, combined with suspense and romance have made this a fun series. Each can be read as a standalone, but each time we learn a little more about Fate, and the organization running this elite team of Reapers. Mini review: spicy but clean, suspenseful and action packed.

Reaper, Ruby Dawson, hates
Sandy S
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it

: GRAVE DESTINATIONS is the second instalment in Lori Sjoberg’s contemporary paranormal Grave Series but can be read as a stand alone-the first two stories are not connected although one or two characters will overlap. The premise focuses on Ruby Dawson-a reaper-whose latest assignment is to ‘reap’ a soul on board a cruise ship but when a second death occurs within a short time period, Ruby knows something is wrong.

Enter Jack Deverell- Ruby’s prime suspect-and the man who would steal
Heather andrews
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Ruby in the first installment of this series so I was so excited to see her getting a book, she's one of those women who are high powered, and strong, "I'll let you go back to checking out all the pretty girls. See you around, Jack." He watched while she took a leisurely stroll across the deck, appreciating the rear view almost as much as he'd enjoyed the front." With Ruby there is nothing off the table for subject matter, "then why didn't you accept my invitation last night?" She looped ...more
Misty Gee
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-reviewed
Grave Destinations is book 2 of the Grave series. This is an excellent addition to the series. I couldn't put it down till I reached the end of the book.
Grave Destinations is the story of Ruby Dawson who is a reaper and Jack Deverell who is not all human. Ruby meets Jack on a cruise to the Caribbean. Ruby hates boats because it drums up bad memories for her. Jack is on his way to find a cure to his curse.
Ruby was chosen by Fate for the reap job to test her. She is attracted and intrigued by Jack
Rosa Maria Garcia
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent

Book two was just as awesome as the first one. I was glad to see the characters from the other book mention in the story. It makes it more interesting, how they do for each other? I loved everything about it; that once you start reading; you won't be as to put in down. Anxious to see who's next to find love.
Stacy
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Second book in the series, but could be a stand-alone, though you would miss knowing the characters as their lives change. All in Fates hands.
Mallory Crowe
Feb 05, 2015
Mark D Stults
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2018
Mar 21, 2015
Lynne
Dec 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • Once a Charmer (Charmed in Texas, #3)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3)
  • Tap Out (Worth the Fight, #2)
  • Last Kiss of Summer (Destiny Bay, #1)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
Sign up for news on Lori's latest releases, contests, giveaways, and more at http://www.lorisjoberg.com

Grave (4 books)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • Grave Vengeance (Grave, #3)
  • Grave Attraction (Grave, #4)