Start by marking “Promise Me Always (Always, #1)” as Want to Read:
Promise Me Always (Always, #1)

Promise Me Always (Always #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,770 Ratings  ·  183 Reviews
Blake Bentley had a rough upbringing, never fully believing he was good enough for anything or anyone. After being left with a broken heart by his only girlfriend, Blake swore off relationships for good and turned to the only two things that made him feel sufficient - sex and firefighting.

Tessa Collins was brought up in the traditional 'perfect' family - loving parents, g
296 pages
Published February 11th 2014 (first published February 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me Always, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Me Always

Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,383 books — 5,837 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverUgly Love by Colleen HooverPlay by Kylie ScottBeautiful Player by Christina Lauren
Top Ten Romances Of 2014
787 books — 3,143 voters

More lists with this book...

Sara
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
DNF AT 35%. The characters sounded cheesy, they didn't talk much and spent years being friends when they really liked each other. There were tons of "ugh" and exclamation points that was distracting. I got to the point where I wasn't even interested in skimming the book. And I could tell the asshat was going stalker and I was like "IM OUT"!!!!
Cara Arthur
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I FLOVED this book by new author Kari March! So excited to read more about the rest of the gang!
Full review coming soon!
Sassy Savvy Fabulous
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story! It had all the components I look for in a book. Wonderful characters that are relatable, Great plot, fun banter and most important DRAMA!!!!! This book brought angst to a whole new level, The miscommunications between Tessa and Blake were so prevalent I almost wanted to bash my kindle in a few times but thats what made the story so fun! Tessa and Blake had a wonderful friendship but there chemistry was just plain hot ! Promise me always was a steamy read that I just ...more
Lisa
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is an emotional rollercoaster, mis-communication, lack of communication, unrequited love, jealousy, nutter of an ex-boyfriend and an arse of a best mate....this is in the first two thirds of the book....then the sweet sticky stuff starts and ends in a warm and fuzzy epilogue which I wanted to lick...it was that good!!! Blake and Tessa had a hard road to their HEA and at times it looked like they were never going to get a break and at one point my lungs stopped functioning!!! Their bein ...more
Shanean
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review"

Holy hot and delicious batman!!!

Author Kari March didn't hold back when creating these characters and I would like to thank her for giving us BLAKE BENTLEY *fanning self*
But she didn't just gives us one totally hot and hunky man but three more and a few extras, well Shane doesn't really count because he's an ass.

I loved this book from start to end. It has all the elements you need to create a great love story. Angst, friends, lovers, mystery
Reanell Tisdale
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4.5 holy hell stars!

Let me start off by saying that Kari did wonderful with her debut novel! I absolutely adored this story. And I loved the characters Cara and Cam (wink, wink) HA! Cara you lucky bitch finally got Cam ;)

So we meet Blake who happens to be best friends with Tessa's sister Palmer and he's heartbroken because his girlfriend broke up with him and he had no clue why. In walks Tessa and he completely forgets about his ex. But he knows that she is different so he just wants to be frien
 ⇝LEAH⇜
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot com.

“You can love someone and not be in love with them.”

Book Title: Promise Me Always
Author: Kari March
Narration: Melissa Barr
Series: Always Series #1
Genre: New Adult
Source: Audiobook via Audiobook Blast

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Why I picked that quote: This is so true, and I go on and tell you the story of why I know this to be true, but that's
C.M. Lema
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Promise? ALways

Those words made me love this story. Why, because very few people value a promise and Blake and Tess did. They were friends and their first time was

photo descarga_zpsa27ca1b6.jpg

then

they went back to being friends eventhought they both wanted more, times passes and their friendship is still strong.

photo fireman_zps9193c783.jpg

Blake

photo images_zpsece5461b.jpg

Tess

Their love is strong but their doubts and fears are stronger and somehow it takes an almost tragedy to make them both realize they are just meant
Kristen
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

"Why do I keep walking away from the one person that make me feel alive?"

Promise Me Always includes one of my favorite elements in a story...a recurring phrase that keeps popping up, neatly woven throughout the story to tie everything together.

I really, really wanted to love this story, but it was just okay for me. I liked the repetition of the "Promise me? Always." exchange, and I thought that it was great that the book didn't wrap up too quickly but gave readers more of Blake and Tes
Tina
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it
There is definitely a lack of communication between the main characters Tessa and Blake in this story. This could have been the perfect relationship, except neither characters will share their true feelings for each other. They spend the majority of the story avoiding their true feelings and jump to conclusions. Tessa got on my nerves a bit. This girl cried non-stop. Happy tears, sad tears, frustrated tears etc. etc. Overall a good story but a little predictable.
Jamee
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amber Dicks
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, favorites
wow, this book was totally not what I was expecting, but I absolutely loved it! I was hooked from the very first page and really hope that there will be more on Blake and Tess.
Melanie Charlesworth
Once I started I couldn't put it down!!!

Sometimes when you love someone you have to let them go. If they come back to you, they were always yours. And if they don't, then they were never yours to begin with.

Once I started reading Promise Me Always, I couldn't put it down!. The book in written in the POV of both Tess and Blake. They met through friends while in high school and he thought that she was breathtakingly beautiful, but they were friends... except for one time when they hooked up in his
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
Kari March shows off an incredible talent in her debut novel, Promise Me Always. This is a beautiful tale of finding love, holding on to it and not letting the demons from the past consume you to the point of ruining your future. Kari takes us on a beautiful journey for an amazing couple that you don’t want to miss. It broke my heart and pieced it back together again. It made me fall desperately in love with a very broken man with scars in his past that would be hard for most to overcome.

Blake a
Chu
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

What happens when friends crossed that line?

Blake Bentley had a huge self-esteem problem. No thanks to his younger days where he was made to believe he was good for nothing. Despite his looks, his new job, and all the girls lined up to be with him – he still feel inadequate and not good enough for anyone most especially Tessa.

Tessa came from a perfect upbringing. But it didn’t save her from the heartache her boyfriend caused her when she caught him cheating
Books&Dreams
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
I gave this book 5 stars.
This is Tessa and Blake's story.

Tessa has had a beautiful life, she loves her family and her friends. Her love life not so great. She has been cheated on more then once and she is tired of being used. She has known Blake since High School and although she has been attracted to him she has settled for being his friend. She would rather have him as a friend then not have him in her life at all.

Blake his life is not a
Megan Noelle
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was not just given a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review but I worked as one of the last beta readers. As a beta reader I figured I was doing something wrong because I couldn’t find things to critique. I was so pulled into the story that I forgot that I was reading in general. PMA provides us with a dual POV between Tess and Blake and I loved it so much.

From the very beginning we see how close Tessa and Blake are and have been for quite a while. As Tess immediately goes t
Heidi Sturgess
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-books-read
This was given to me by Author Groupies in exchange for an honest review

Cover had me instantly! This guy's eyes mmmmm you can drown in them!  The author's dedication is beautiful and reflects the love and admiration between her and her husband♥

Now for the story of Promise me Always!

Jared is such a doucehbag! Fortunately he just goes 'poof' into nothing when Blake makes his appearance!  Chiseled and inked is my kryptonite! To top it he's a fireman and all I can think of is Severide from "Chicago
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
This is a great debut novel by Kari March. The main characters Blake and Tess have a wonderful and at times flirtatious friendship. They are pulled to each other whenever their group is together and it is a tight nit group. Blake is known for having fun but not having relationships and Tess is just getting out of a very rocky one. It would be a good time to finally see what could happen if they got together, the problem is they both don't know what the other is thinking. Blake has doubts about h ...more
Tash
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
From my book blog review- http://www.booklitlove.com

The emotions and character driven narrative of Promise Me Always did more than make me want to turn the page to see what happens next. In what so many strive to do in writing a novel; Kari March had my attention and love for Promise Me Always from the beginning.

A guy with a heart of gold and protective strength is always hard to find. The inter connection of Tessa and Blake grabbed my attention from the beginning pages as Tessa struggles with f
Rebecca
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
***ARC was provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

Promise Me Always is a friends to lovers' story; it's a story that exposes what the lack of communication and the lack of self worth can do to a relationship. What will draw readers to the story are the realistic issues that Blake and Tessa face both individually and as a couple. For most of the text, they struggle to admit their true feelings to one another and incidences occur that threaten to tear them apart – whether it be Blak
Becky
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I love when I get a book from a new author that I have never read before and I can't put the book down. It means that I have have another author to put on my list of must reads. Kari March will definitely be on my radar from now on.

Promise Me Always is the story of Blake and Tessa. They meet when they are in high school and become the best of friends. There is an instant attraction, yet neither of them act on it. Well, wait, there is that one time that they hooked up for a "friends with
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
This book was so good I could not put it down. I started it Tuesday night and finished it by Wednesday early afternoon. It was that good !!
Congrats to Kari I am amazed that this is her first !!

Anyone who has been following Kari on facebook knows a lot about these characters from her fabulous picture teasers !! Let me just say actually reading those teasers in the book, WOW HOT !! It was also a pleasant surprise that her muse actually fit this character so well I had no desire to mess with it whi
Rachel Hicks
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blake and Tessa both have demons that are lurking in the shadows. Blake doesn't think he is worthy of loving anyone, and Tessa let a past relationship ruin her forever. Blake is pulled to Tessa from the first time he laid eyes on her. After three years apart they both realize that the other was never far from there mind during there time apart. These two will go on a journey that will leave them battered and broken, fighting for love and destiny will be harder than they ever thought it could be. ...more
Michaela
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow. Talk about a lack of communication! Tessa and Blake could have the perfect relationship, all except for the fact that neither will share their true feelings for each other. Instead, they spend the majority of the time almost admitting how they feel... only to back off.

On one hand, we have Blake. A handsome, protective, well-meaning fire-fighter. Coming from an abusive past, the last thing he believes is that he could ever be worth the time and effort for anyone truly worthwhile. Rather t
Jamie Taylor
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sigh. This book reminds me in a way of my own relationship. Sometimes you find that your best friend is even better when they are more than a friend. I loved this book. It was sweet and I just couldn’t put it down!!

Blake Bentley is hot. Of course it helps that he is also a fireman, all those muscles sure don’t hurt anything! He has only found love once in his life and when his heart is crushed by her he decides that he doesn’t need that in his life anymore.

Tessa Collins is a kind, trusting, lovi
Southern Belle Book Blog
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read a book that you weren’t quite sure the main characters would ever get together and make it work? That was Promise Me Always. Kari March did a great job at keeping you in suspense as to if it would work out. Tessa and Blake had both of their pasts and his lack of self-confidence working against them.

Tessa and Blake had been friends since high school. Always flirty. One time, they slept together but decided nothing was going to change between them. Blake went on to sleep with e
EndlessReading
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
First off I need to thank this wonderful author for providing me with an ARC copy of this book to read and review for this awesomeness of a blog tour <3 much loveage <3

You could relate to both Tessa & Blake. They are normal people that are battling their way through life. Trying to find a way to be together, but yet keep their friendship in tact.

Having being brought up having a shit childhood I loved that Blake had his own "voice" and that Tessa kept him on his toes by questioning him.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

Holy Moly! That is the first thought that came to my mind when thinking about this book. If you like a book filled with drama, this is the book for you. This book was non stop drama from the first page!! Fighting, cheating, stalking, breaking up, making up, lies... you name it. This book had it all.... and somehow it worked!

Blake and Tessa are the couple you want to be together and pull for no matter what. Even when things go wrong. I was literally yelling "OH NO!! fix this!!"

Blake has
Jamie
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First I will say the author did and Amazing job writing this book. You will meet Blake a guy that grew up thinking he was and never will be worth Love of a good woman. His growing up was hard and abusive . Tessa grew up in your typical family home with love. Blake and Tessa have known each other since school became the best of friends. Tessa has been in a long term relationship with Jeff since High School, the rich boy climbing up his daddy's company ladder. Blake vowed after his high school lov ...more
  • Freeing Tuesday (Save Me, #2)
  • Evil of Love
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Unspoken Promises (Unspoken, #2)
  • Worth It (It, #1)
  • Matter of Choice (Dreams, #1)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Wanting Reed (Break Me, #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Alexander Twins, #2)
  • He Belongs with Me
  • Before You (Before You, #1)
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1)
  • Love's Suicide (Love's Suicide, #1)
  • Finding Me (Finding, #2)
  • Mine Would Be You (Sweet Home Alabama #1)
  • Eye of the Storm (Storm, #2)
  • Soul Of A Woman (The Dark Souls, #2)
I am an Amazon bestselling, new adult, contemporary romance author. My first novel Promise Me Always was more of a success than I ever imagined and I can't wait to share more of my stories with you all.

I am a wife, mother of 2, daughter, sister, friend, photographer, graphic designer, cover designer, blogger and avid reader!

I was born in the great state of Colorado and still reside their today wi
More about Kari March

Always (3 books)
  • Always Yours (Always, #2)
  • Love Always (Always, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“It isn’t like that with her, Devin. She’s different. I don’t want to just fuck her…. If I mess this up with her, if I lose her, it will destroy me.” 1 likes