Start by marking “The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #4.75)” as Want to Read:
The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #4.75)

The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat

(Simon's Cat #4.75)

In the last five years, Simon's Cat has become a national treasure and a global phenomenon. Star of over twenty-five films, which have been watched over 350 million times, and winner of a dozen major industry awards, Simon's Cat has captured the hearts of a global audience. In this first major paperback edition author, animator and illustrator Simon Tofield brings together ...more
Published October 3rd 2013 by Canongate Books Ltd (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat

Start your review of The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #4.75)
Robin
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: illustration, humor
The jokes where the cat is just being a cat--selfish, fickle, affectionate but with sharp claws, a fluffy ball of destruction--are the best. These are to the cat owner what Dilbert strips are to any office worker. They are loved because they are The Truth.

Any anthromorphization (handing the woodpecker an electric drill, bribing the magpie with a shiny watch, making snowmen), Wile E. Coyote antics (the numerous variations where it pretends to be a birdhouse), Garfield-Odie sequences (trying to fo
Jackie
Simon's Cat is always fun, especially when you are familiar with cats yourself. There are tons of situations depicted in a hilarious and extremely accurate way, it's awesome!

However, I must say I prefer the animated videos to the book. Not that the latter one wouldn't be funny and entertaining as well, but in my opinion, it's just not quite as brilliant... Plus, the more pages I flipped, the less entertaining it seemed to be. Still good though.

description
Jason
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I love Simon's cat, I dare any cat owner to read this book and not see stuff on the pages that their cat has done.

The drawing are brilliant, I think the best ones are those with so much detail in them.

This book also teaches you how to draw the characters, I tried but was rubbish.
Camilo Guerra
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Simon Tofield es un animador que vive con gatos que el adopta, los cuales utiliza como modelos apra sus tiras las cuales son muy buenas, llenas de emociones,situaciones y sobre todo TERNURA, y si, dan ganas de salir a adoptar un gato, pero uno se aguanta las ganas.
Elle
Always enjoyable, but I'm not sure there was new material in this book...
Antonio De la Torre
Humor blanco y adorable muy agradable con dibujos increíbles.
Roxs Goncalves
AMO LOS GATOS

Y amo Simon's Cat. Leer esta novela gráfica me tomó unos minutos. La caricatura de Simon Tofield es una de las más divertidas y refrescantes que he visto, desde esa primera vez cuando vi uno de los vídeos con la caricatura animada del autor. ¡No sabía que había libros gráficos! Me llevé una sorpresa al encontrarlos.

Cada página tiene una imagen de la caricatura relatando las aventuras, travesuras y peripecias de este gato y sus compañeros. Me reí mucho, me divertí y a cada momento te
Soho_Black
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, reviewed
When a musical artist is successful, they will eventually release a “Greatest Hits” package, collecting their most successful songs, alongside a few newer ones. Essentially, after a number of successful books and millions of views for his videos on YouTube, “The Bumper Book of Simon’s Cat” is Simon Tofield’s “Greatest Hits” compilation, celebrating 5 years of “Simon’s Cat”.

This book covers the full range of Simon’s Cat cartoons, featuring everything that so many have come to love about him over
Mehsi
I decided to read this after I have seen multiple animated videos about Simon's Cat.

It was an adorable book, however I felt with most of the comics that it would have been better had it been made in an animation. Most of the jokes were still funny but lacked the punch that the animation has.

However I did enjoy seeing the 2 cats again. They are so adorable, smart and fun. Especially the older one, though the smaller one also takes his/her revenge on the older cat.
Though, I also felt annoyance fo
Leonardo
Simon's Cat es una verdadera sensación de Youtube (al menos para los amantes de los gatos), pero su contraparte impresa no es menos menos hilarante y un vivo retrato de la naturaleza de los gatos: su curiosidad insaciable, su instinto de cacería y su relación de amor/dominio con sus humanos. Toda persona que haya convivido con gatos reconocerá su ánimo lúdico que raya en lo perverso en las viñetas que nos presentan al gato de Simon u su compañero y rival Kitten Chaos. Simon Tofield es un agudo o ...more
Ingrid
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Más Simon's cat, qué voy a decir. Sus viñetas y vídeos son imprescindibles para cualquiera a quien le gusten los gatos.

Este libro es una recopilación de los tres que ya había publicados, y tiene un anexo con un paso a paso para dibujar a los personajes de las viñetas. Y como siempre, una descripción de los cuatro gatos de Simon.
Satu
Cats are Cats and Torfield captures the essence of being a cat perfectly. The drawings are wonderful in the way they tell stories in a few pictures simple or even just one. It made me regret that I can't have a cat.
Stephanie
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For a review by a real cat, watch this YouTube video. . https://youtu.be/WCAnS9tWFPM
The Bumper Book of Simon's Cat is full of laughs for cat lovers as they recognize bits of their cats in Simon's cat.
Sophie
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I saw my cats in there:)
Stephen Reid
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A soaring epic of wordless feline proportions.
Jenny
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gift-books
CUTE!
Rachel (Sfogs)
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My new book! I just love it!!
Caro
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography, cats, comics, humor
you can't expect something more. nice funny book. but then a book about a cat can't be bad....
Johanna H.
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
So cute! but the videos are funnier!
Paweł
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming, amusing, hilarious Simon's cat mannerism life captured to pantomime comics like story e-book.
Wing Leung
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The big cat and the tiny kitten are so adorable. Wanna hug that two little cutties in my own hands.
Sue Mosher
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I like the videos on YouTube better.
Hannah
Shelves: ebook, humor
So cute and relaxing! :)
Bladestryke
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you watched the videos of Simons cat, the book might be a little flat. Plenty of funny stuff and any cat person can totally picture any of the going ons in the book. A good quickie read.
Lucy King
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-english
Jako bych viděla sebe a svoje kočky :D:D
Silvia Schroeck
Jul 28, 2020
Jarno
Dec 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Gatti e letteratura: [ottobre 2013] Il grande libro di Simon's Cat 1 3 Oct 09, 2013 05:16AM

• All My Friends Are Dead
  • All My Friends Are Still Dead
  • My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend
  • Lady Stuff: Secrets to Being a Woman
  • Lyreleï la Fantastaque (Danthrakon, #2)
  • What We See in the Stars: An Illustrated Tour of the Night Sky
  • Stitches
  • Small Gods: A Discworld Graphic Novel
  • Cat Getting Out of a Bag and Other Observations
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • The Foundling
  • Putain de chat T06 (Putain de chat (6))
  • The Falling in Love Montage
  • The Girl in the Video
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
  • Elmer and Wilbur
  • The Big Bang Theory Trivia Quiz Book
Simon started drawing cartoons at an early age and went to study Graphics and Animation at De Montfort University. He has a great interest in British wildlife, painting, the great outdoors and of course cats. He now works in London as an animator and director at Tandem Films.
Simon lives in Bedfordshire with this three cats: Hugh, Maisie, Jess and Teddy.

Simon's Cat (6 books)
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence (Simon's Cat, #2)
  • Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)
  • Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)
  • Simon's Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes (Simon's Cat, #5)
  • Simon's Cat: It's a Dog's Life (Simon's Cat, #6)