Start by marking “Zombies vs The Living Dead (Surviving The Evacuation #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Zombies vs The Living Dead (Surviving The Evacuation #0.5)

Zombies vs The Living Dead

(Surviving The Evacuation 0.5)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

The outbreak began in New York. Within days the world descended into chaos as the infection spread to every corner of the globe. Across Britain, millions of people are told to leave the less defensible villages, towns and cities for the safety of one of the enclaves being established around the coast.

For George Tull and the ot
Kindle Edition, Amazon, 39 pages
Published September 26th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Zombies vs The Living Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies vs The Living Dead

Daniel
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ovo je bilo simpaticno :) Penzioneri u starackom domu - Zivi Mrtvaci - protiv zombija. Fina ideja mada ovo je ozbiljan serijal tako da ocekujte dosta timornih situacija. Ali sama postavka je gold. I izgleda da je self contained story... mada ko zna.
Christy
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
George Tull is a 69 year old retiree who lives in a carehome with his bedbound friend, a bunch of grumpy residents, and a staff that doesn't seem to give two hoots about any of them. He nicknames the other residents "The Living Dead", an ironic tongue-in-cheek name given that the zombie apocalypse breaks out and the staff leave the pensioners behind to fend for themselves.

This is a short story, just a little glimpse into a sensitive subject that post apocalyptic books never seem to touch - how
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
Quick but really good set up for the series.

My Thoughts: I don't know if you've ever seen the film Cockney's vs. Zombies but this story reminded me of it. In a nutshell the living dead are geriatric pensioners who are abandoned by their caretakers at the onset of a zombie apocalypse. This is a very short story but the character George and the actions he takes will stick with you right up until the bittersweet end. This story has no winners, no grand rescues, only the last moments of a group of
1000 Cutts
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice little prequel with a great little story of OAP's getting stuck in..
Michelle de Vries
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great short story! I feel really bad for mrs. O'Leary though...
Jason Bradley
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! And wow...what a place to stop. Definitely reading on.
Brittani (Hope, Faith & Books)
Brian's Book Blog
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens to senior citizens once the world ends. Well, the world has ended, but it is ending. Zombies are rising up and killing and infecting anything they can lay their hands on. Zombies vs. the Living Dead takes a look inside a senior home during the apocalypse. What would happen? How would the "living dead" survive a zombie attack?

Tim Bruce provides the narration for this story and does a really nice job. I really felt like he was there when all of this went down. Bruce provides the perfe
Scott Norris
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it
the series gives a different perspective on the concept. no big heroes in grand quests, just average people, mostly on their own, dealing with the more mundane aspects of live as the apocalypse unfolds. That makes it interesting in a "not the same old thing" way, but this stand-alone - of a man in an old folks home - is like the pilot to a show that maybe didn't get picked up. If this story ends up merging into the larger series the author is penning that it would redeem itself, but on its own i ...more
Leandro López
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Not sure what to think

This short story added nothing to the main story, at least nothing to books one and two. And it's so short you don't get enough time to familiarize with the characters.
John Love IV
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Short story attached to the main series. Fairly good story but could have been more.
Tasha
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorable story of a zombie outbreak occurring in New York and how it affects the inhabitants of a retirement home in the U.K. Main character was loveable and eccentric. Adorable short story.
Linda
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great, short story that's connected to the main series and it was free.
Mr Peter Heasman
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice tale from a new angle

Liked this one - short and sweet and to the point. We possibly had some space for a little more character building, but that's a zombie pandemic for you - they ain't hanging about for their dinner! Fortunately, the zombies in this town are 'wanderers', giving our aged heroes half a chance (unlike the 'aggressive sprinters' we have met in 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Living Dead) - go on George, impale him/her/it!

I will be taking a look at Mr Tayell's other work - if yo
Ann O'Nymos
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short story about some characters that appear in book #3 of the Surviving the Evacuation series, so you can read it before book 3 or after. I have read it before and I don't know, it helped me a bit to see the main character as a nice guy which I otherwise maybe wouldn't have.
I don't recommand it as the first book in the series! It's better to start with book 1 and Bill's journals, that way you get better into the story and the world described.
Technically, it's a good book and it gave me some
Doctor Doom
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Part of a series but good stand alone story with a good, but not conclusive, end. Good writing, no cursing [or very little- I may have missed something though I don't think so], interesting premise. I kept wondering why the other residents looked down on the main character and it was finally revealed about midway through [just seemed odd not to explain the first time their dislike was mentioned- not a big secret].
Carien
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
This is a nice short read with zombies.

George Tull is a character I could sympathize with and I cheered him on as he's trying to find out where all the staff is gone when a zombie invasion is imminent. He's resourceful and can kick zombie ass better than many younger guys could.

For a short story there's a really decent story line and the suspense and action build up nicely towards the ending.

All in all an entertaining read.
Holly
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love this book! It's a great quick read. I like that it reads from a personal point of view. This book takes place in a retirement home when the zombie apocalypse comes. It tells of an older couple that try to survive and the aftermath of what happens when the care takers just leave. If you are into zombie apocalypse books then pick this one up.
Evelyn LaDue
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
W

I really enjoyed the back story of George and Mary and how am older couple with their wisdom and knowledge might survive such an apocalyptic event and go on to be the leaders of one of the last strongholds of humanity. It takes incredible strength and spirit to pull this off. And shows shear guts and common sense can save the day when all else fails.
April Parrish
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is my least favorite in this series. This could be my own fault because I assumed this would tell me how Tull got to Anglesey so I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did. Don't judge the series based on this novella, need to read the third book to find out more about Tull.
Lou
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2nd reading!

I am reading this series for the second time as it was so good. This is like a nice little prequel before the main event, both of which I highly recommend if zombie survival novels are your thing.
wendy
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

A must read. Almost had me in tears . can't wait to read the next book. Keeping my hopes up for poor George!
Jason Masters
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant little novella introduction to the Surviving the Evacuation series. Will definitely read more
Cheryl Viner
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
great prequel
anthony
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping.

Well written and enjoyable. Leads into the next books in the series. Worth a read for you zombie and end of the world lovers.
Jane Wynne
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little short story setting up for the Surviving the Evacuation series. Not often you have a pensioner as a zombie killer...
Mark Gordon
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say is Frank Tayell writes the most addictive post apocalyptic books I know, better than The Living Army series. Highly recommended
Shana Festa
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
Nutshell: Zombies and old people. It's Bubba Ho-Tep with less Elvis and JFK. Also, less laughs.

Atmosphere: I like how slowly it builds up. Time is so important, and so inconsequential, the minutes and the seasons. Very calm and peaceful, rolling along with the apocalypse.

Characters: 4 out of 5. I like how you can feel Dora's character a little even though she's dead. The "living dead" are written well as a class, as is the main character himself and his friend.

Plot: 4 out of 5. This is only the
Lisa
This well-written, absorbing, very relatable work of short fiction, told from the perspective of a senior home resident, provides a refreshing take on the zombie genre. I devoured the book quickly, am now happily reading Surviving the Evacuation Book One: London , and am gearing up to obtain the sequels.

Reading Surviving the Evacuation Book 0.5: Zombies vs The Living Dead was especially poignant for me, as the (mis)treatment of the senior home residents featured in the book and the plundering o
  • Extinction End (The Extinction Cycle, #5)
  • Necrophobia (Zombie Apocalypse #1)
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • Apex Cypher (Code Breakers #0)
  • Gods of the Dead (Rising #1)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • Death Inception (Death, #3)
  • Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)
  • The Sickness: Monte's Story (Rise of the Plague Series)
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • Trauma (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 5)
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #2)
  • Dead Things
  • Outbreak (Z-Risen #1)
  • This Plague of Days, Season 1
  • Sunrise (The Daylight Cycle, #2)
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
Author of post-apocalyptic and near-future science fiction, with a focus on democracies struggling against dystopia.

For more information, or to join the mailing list, please visit; www.FrankTayell.com, facebook.com/FrankTayell, or facebook.com/TheEvacuation

Surviving The Evacuation (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • London (Surviving The Evacuation #1)
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • Family (Surviving The Evacuation #3)
  • Unsafe Haven (Surviving The Evacuation #4)
  • Reunion (Surviving The Evacuation #5)
  • Harvest (Surviving The Evacuation #6)
  • Home (Surviving The Evacuation #7)
  • Anglesey (Surviving The Evacuation, #8)
  • Ireland (Surviving The Evacuation, #9)
  • The Last Candidate (Surviving The Evacuation, #10)