Start by marking “Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)” as Want to Read:
Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)

Catch Your Death

(Ruby Redfort #3)

This time, tigers are roaming the streets of Twinford, and it looks like someone has deliberately released some very rare and very dangerous animals. Things are going to get wild - and Ruby is going to get badly lost in the wilderness. The question is: will she ever make it out alive? Well, as always, you wouldn′t want to bet against her...
Published October 15th 2013 by HarperCollinsPublishers (first published September 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Catch Your Death, please sign up.
Bella Definitely would be confusing if you read them in disorder, like I did. I still don't know who Bug is... ;)

Attack Salmon
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it
One thing that sets Ruby Redfort apart from Nancy Drew and Alex Rider is that Ruby dont get called into Spectrum and LB or Hitch said oh you got a mission, this is the gadget you need bla bla bla. Or in Nancy Drew case we usually have an old woman crying :" Nancy someone stepped on my zuchinni pls help me find the culprit".

The style in Ruby Redfort is the case wasn't always clear cut. Clues and signs are dropped, is up to Ruby to figure out whether there is a crime or not. At the same time every
Karen Rowley
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
#3 “Catch your death” written by Lauren Child, is a thrilling adventure. Ruby works for a spy agency called Spectrum. She is the youngest agent and is always trying to live up to the expectations. With Spectrum she is trying to figure out why people are seeing strange animals, why jewelry has gone missing, and how to survive in the wild. I loved this book! This is the third book in the series and I still love it. It’s an exciting new adventure, with every book. I love how in this book it has sec ...more
Jadyn
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely!!!! It was an excellent plot with a good mystery to wrap it up and characters that seemed real. Lauren Child is quite an amazing writer, I must say. This is an incredibly well written book. 😸
Erin Milham
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE ENDING!!! It's just genius!
Amanda
Feb 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
I received this book as an ARC from Random House, and since I've been meaning to check out the Ruby Redfort series for a while, I figured it was a sign. I have never read the Clarice Bean books by Lauren Child, but from what I understand, Clarice reads the Ruby Redford books all the time in her books. It was this meta-fiction aspect that made me interested in the first place.

In this book Ruby is trying to learn survival skills as part of her secret agent training, but can't seem to stop overthin
Mia
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children-s
I really enjoy reading the Ruby Redfort series by Lauren Child but this one fell a bit flat for me. I don't believe it was as mysterious and charismatic as the last ones and ended very suddenly in a few chapters at the end.

Even though the book was so, so, so long (filled with a lot of unnecessary chapters) I loved being transported back into the world of Ruby Redfort and Clancy Crew. Also, the ending leads you onto the next book and leaves you asking many questions. I've always liked the charact
Tyra Jelly
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow I just really loved this book! When I saw that it was in the library I immediately got it since I had been waiting for a long time for the next ruby redfort book to come out. I really liked it. I loved the ending too. But it could have been a little more interesting like the other books ( I'm talking about the whole book not just the ending). Anyway I still loved it
When is the next one coming out?!?!!
Kelsey
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Another adventure featuring our favorite junior-high spy. This time Ruby will have to put her newly learned survival skills to the test to solve a perfumed puzzle involving offbeat characters, exotic animals, and a seemingly invisible jewel thief. So grab your bubblegum and follow your nose into the exciting third installment in the Ruby Redfort series.
Sara Waheed
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When i heard that this book was coming out, i excepted it to be quite less exiting then the first two books. But i found this book exciting and it builds up a lot of tension. It is extremely hard for me to put down this book along with the other two.
Tess
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found it a little harder to get into than the others, but once I did I could hardly put it down. I can't wait for the next one!
VictoriousViolinist
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great Book!! Fun and very mysterious and enjoyable
Gg
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruby Redfort is a thirteen year old genius, she works for a secret agency named Spectrum, which is absolutely secret, except to her best friend Clancy Crew. Ruby has never failed anything in her life. However, one day, Ruby took her survival test in Spectrum, got lost, got sick, and practically starved. She had failed and she wasn't liking it one bit.

One morning Sabina Redfort, Ruby’s mother, claimed she had seen a giant pig in their backyard pool, but it turned out to be a Pygmy hippo, native
Toa Tautakitaki
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why I decided to read this book:

I actually got this as a gift awhile back but it seemed WAY too lengthy. After a little bit of reading, I actually found myself enjoying this mystery book. It's written about a teen and I can relate to the stuff that Ruby goes through.

Why I liked the book:

I'm into Nancy Drew books so reading this was heaven for me. It was the perfect balance of teen and undercover and mystery. Even though there were a few chapters that could've been removed, I still loved the stor
Violet
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so engaging. I am hooked from the very start to the very end. I love all of the surprises that Lauren Child gives in catch your death. I cannot wait to read the fourth book feel the fear. I am sure that anyone who has read this book would agree with me when I say that this book is AMAZING!!!!!
I give this book five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🤩
Jessica
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pure fun. I love spunky Ruby with her outspoken t-shirts, best pal Clancy Crew, butler Hitch, and code-cracking adventures. I would totally recommend this series for any lovers of Nancy Drew mysteries. They have the same clean feel, but with an updated sense of humor. The codes and plot-lines are fun and unpredictable.
Sean Harding
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Third entry in the Ruby Redfort series and she is such a great character, that she helps overcome some of the faults the book, including the fact that it is a little overlong. This was my least favourite in the series so far, but I still think Ruby is a great character and worth reading.
Joseph
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
a very interesting book
Stella
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A massive cliffhanger
Emma
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And now I want some bubble gum.
RomyS
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you think Ruby is going to make it out alive? Well, this time she is questioning herself about her never dying.
Cara
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed
Christina Doyle
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
it was amazing!!!! I loved to spend the time to read it!!!!
Maryam
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read!
Abby (Serious Obsession) Lim
An action-packed and sprint-paced adventure. A seriously exquisite and complex plot that turns your head over. Every turn brings a new code and mystery, that finally ends satisfyingly.
jagle
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still loving this series.
Megan Liwanag
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: actually-have-it
It just keeps on getting better. The fact that it keeps me from putting the book down in each page is intriguing. My old habit of reading when it's dark is coming back.
Katie Fitzgerald
In her third adventure, Ruby Redfort faces her biggest challenge yet: survival using not just her wits, but her instincts. While Ruby is great at memorizing rules and solving intellectual puzzles, she has trouble trusting herself in moments when the rules don't matter. With her suitability for work with Spectrum called into question, she must work with Hitch to prepare for a second test. In the meantime, strange things are happening in Twinford: rare animals are on the loose, expensive jewelry i ...more
Ms. Yingling
Copy received from Young Adult Books Central and reviewed there.

Ruby is still working hard to train for Spectrum, this time taking wilderness survival training. She doesn't do especially well, and is worried that she will be let go, but there are several mysteries going on in Twinford. Jewelry is missing, and odd wild animals are seen around town. When Ms. Swann, a famous perfume maker, has a launch at the Twinsford department store, Ruby is assigned to go and watch for criminal activity, and j
Lavinia
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely outstanding - I couldn't put it down! I was reading it at the breakfast table, reading a page or two while the adverts came on between Ninja Warrior. This morning, when I woke up at seven (presumably so early because my mind was set on Ruby Redfort) I reached out a hand and took up my 'nook', the device I read this book on. Then I read and read for an hour, finished off the whole book, and downloaded the next, Feel the Fear, which I then started reading as well.

The book
Amelia
It is a truth universally acknowledged that the best super-sleuths are eccentric geniuses (I may or may not have just watched the latest episode of Sherlock) and Ruby is most certainly one eccentric super-sleuth (but a flawed one - not a special snowflake). I'm giving Ruby Redfort: Catch Your Death the four stars my pre-teen self would have rated it. It's fun, keeps you guessing, encourages you to crack codes and solve puzzles yourself, inspires and informs you about science (and helps you to fi ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Code Name 711 (Double Vision #2)
  • Comic Con Artist (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #21)
  • Money Run (Ashley Arthur, #1)
  • Dawn Undercover
  • Mapmaker
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Corby Flood (Far-Flung Adventures, #2)
  • Who Are You?
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • The School for the Insanely Gifted
  • Smells Like Pirates
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • In Harm's Way (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #4)
  • Spy High Mission Three: The Serpent Scenario
  • Neil Flambé and the Marco Polo Murders (The Neil Flambé Capers #1)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden, #16)
  • The Traveling Restaurant: Jasper's Voyage in Three Parts (Tales of Fontania, #1)
  • The Darkest Hour
Lauren Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, where Lauren admits that she did not learn much, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which caree ...more

Ruby Redfort (6 books)
  • Look Into My Eyes (Ruby Redfort, #1)
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)
  • Pick Your Poison (Ruby Redfort, #5)
  • Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)
“Any chance of a beverage?’ asked Ruby. ‘I’ll call for my house servant,’ said Clancy, picking up the phone. ‘Olive,’ he said dramatically, ‘do you want to know how it feels to have twenty cents in your pocket. . .? Very good, well, bring up two iced Coca-colas and the money will be yours.’ He replaced the receiver. ‘Nice going,’ said Ruby, nodding. Five-year-old Olive tottered into the room twenty minutes later with two less than full glasses of Coca-cola. It was clear that she had been sampling the drinks during the long journey to the third floor.” 1 likes