Start by marking “Dixon Grace: 1.9.7 Hamburg” as Want to Read:
Dixon Grace: 1.9.7 Hamburg

Dixon Grace: 1.9.7 Hamburg

(Dixon Grace #1)

Dixon's European sojourn goes awry when she's arrested for corporate espionage. She's just an innocent Australian teacher working abroad. Or is she? For Dixon, it's a matter of wrong place, wrong time. The investigating officers are convinced she's stolen the navigation and guidance technology from the plane manufacturer Flussair, and that she's behind the murder of a top- ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Rippple Books

To ask other readers questions about Dixon Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dixon Grace

Start your review of Dixon Grace: 1.9.7 Hamburg
Karen
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
A modern day industrial espionage tale, 1.9.7 HAMBURG, the debut novel from Alex Camouro is a very brave undertaking. Moving backwards and forwards in time in chapter jumps, it tells the story of much of Dixon Grace's past life as well as present circumstances. As befits the situation she finds herself in Germany, everything about Grace is complicated - her name, her ethnic background, her family, her current situation, the investigation she's involved in, her love life. Everything.

Part of the
MJ Symmonds
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Won from Good Reads First Reads

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I thought it was very well written although a little confusing at times. The confusion was only caused by the jumping around in the book between different places, times & storylines. I found myself having to check the heading of some chapters to refresh myself on where it was taking place & during what time period.
The story itself was a very good story. I enjoyed the characters, especially Dixon & Korner.
Th
Caroline
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dixon Grace is in a police interrogation room courtesy of a Hamburg, Germany SWAT team, but why? This classic Robert Lundlum like beginning...an everyday man thrust into a desperate, unreal situation....sends the reader as Dixon on a path of discovery. Who is Dixon Grace? An Australian ex-pat teaching English in Germany or is there more to this man? Through flashbacks, (thank heavens they are dated), the reader careens through Dixon's life and is constantly surprised by the events that eventuall ...more
Brochettes
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I received this as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers programme.

I mostly enjoyed this book, but have to say that the constant shifts both in perspective and timeline was a bit much for me.

It was great getting the view of so many characters whose motivations were thus fairly well explained, and all of whom were well rounded. On the other hand, the shifting between dates left me a little confused as to what happened when, as I found it difficult to keep track. Still I guess this
Mary Johnson
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
**I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway**

I'm not usually a fan of the whole espionage thriller-type novels, but 1.9.7 HAMBURG was surprisingly enjoyable. Dixon was a pretty badass main character, but not excessively so, and easy to empathize with. The writing was great, easy to follow, and I often found myself reading many many chapters at once. Even with the jumping between people and places, I was rarely lost.
Really my only issue was that some parts felt redundant. The
Stuart
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Joan Mitchell
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have-won
Started out like an easy story, but soon became so involved that at first I wasn't sure which plot was the main plot. In the end the plots were all interwoven and I wouldn't be surprised if I had the main plot wrong. This was a great book. The characters were multi directional and I even looked up how to play cricket, but that turned out to be just a minor thread. A great book, easy to read and really exciting. I was pulling for the heroine the whole time, but always thinking that maybe there wa ...more
Yannick Serres
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well written and suspenseful story.

It seems like Dixon Grace has been used to cover a big corporation crime. She will try to prove that she has nothing to do with what she's being accused, but it's not so easy when you seem like the most suspect person.

The story is great and the author has been able to make something original with a story that seemed, at first, like a 'déjà vu'.

You will be captured and dragged by the perseverance and personality of Dixon.

I received this
Amanda
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Received a copy of Dixon Grace 1.9.7 Hamburg by Alexa Camouro through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book. While it was a little confusing at times, I thought it was a good story. My confusion was with each chapter jumping to a different location, date or character. I had to keep looking back at the beginning of the chapter to see where I was in the storyline.

I would recommend this book.
Jeanette
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-readers
I was one of the lucky winners who won this book in the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

I must admit that I was a little confused at times, and am not a great fan whereby stories jump from past to present. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable read.
Seyoung
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Camouro created a character that was witty and engaging from the first encounter. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, because the storyline seemed to meander a bit, but that was part of its charm.
Louise Walsh
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I liked this book.I would recommend this book to my reading friends.
Scull17
If the author's intent was to portray a disgusting human being, then she succeeded by giving us Dixon Grace. Dixon has this holier-than-thou attitude towards her boyfriend even though she's the one sleeping around with his boss and her recruiter. She also loves her boyfriend's apartment more than her boyfriend. I also didn't like how she kept telling one of the investigators that his English was really bad: was she being ignorant? racist? disagreeable (by design)?

The book is also rep
Judy Ann
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this in a goodreads contest. It was a hard book to read and follow because of the jumping between time too much. Very confusing at times. Other than that it was a good story.
Katherine Hill
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I liked the basic story line of this book, but found it hard to read and get into. I think this is mainly because it changed narrator, time, and location with each chapter. It made it hard to just sit down and read. I also found it hard to put all the stories together and see the relevance of different chapters. I'm hoping that it will all come together throughout the series. I felt like the book missed a climactic ending, and it didn't really answer a lot of the questions raised in the book or ...more
Gentle
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime-novels
The story lines and settings could have transitioned smoother. I could have done without the date hopping. All in all a good story.
Øystein Dugstad
Debbi DuBose
Mar 04, 2017
Marilyn Stanley
Oct 30, 2015
An Australian author, Alexa's book 'Dixon Grace: 1.9.7 Hamburg' is the first in a planned trilogy of books featuring the Dixon Grace character.