Start by marking “Ghost Music (A Marcus Brace Mystery)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Music (A Marcus Brace Mystery)

Ghost Music (A Marcus Brace Mystery)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Seattle Detective Marcus Brace is falling apart, both professionally and personally. But a brutal murder and a phone call from family long-forgotten force Marcus to face everything he's been running from and consider how sins from the past haunt those in the present. With those closest to him targeted, Marcus is on a race to find not just a killer but also pieces of a fami ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Dark Oak Mysteries

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Music

Jody
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Had to read this quickly as the author was going to be at a wine tasting event and I wanted to be know what I was talking about. Went into the book knowing no more than that and was pleasantly surprised to find a locally set quick paced mystery. And it looked like Patrick Linder was selling out at the wine tasting!
Sami David
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I loved just about every second of this book. My favorite thing about it besides the story line is the vast amount of detail and thought put into every moment. I was easily able to picture everything in my head while reading. Defiantly will read it again!
Michael Kajdas
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Ghost Music is a two-for-one murder mystery that finds Detective Marcus Brace of the Seattle Police Department conducting an investigation of a brutal murder near Seattle’s Pike Place Market just as he receives news that Mr. Brey, his boyhood father figure, has died. Returning to his Kansas hometown for the funeral, he discovers not only that Mr. Brey has already been cremated but that he has also fallen victim to murder himself, one that Brace is determined to solve as well.

Complicating matters
Regan
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So many great thing about this book, but the one I want to lead off with is the fact that it is based in Seattle. I love anything that can bring me mentally back to where my heart resides. I can envision everything from the damp, dank, dark Seattle days to the trip Detective Brace takes to Puyallup. Thank you, Mr. Linder, for gifting me an ARC copy that held a greater gift within.

Broken.. from youth to adulthood, and constantly left abandoned, Det. Brace finds himself in a whirlwind of raw sexua
J.L. Greger
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ghost Music is fast paced psychological thriller/mystery. It starts with a bang and races along as the hero Marcus Brace risks everything to solve a murder case and learn about himself. It’s hard to mention points in this complicated plot without giving away clues, but be assured there’s just the right amount of sex too.

This book isn’t about supernatural beings; it’s more profound. Ghost music is the voices all of us, at least those of us who are ever introspective, hear and perhaps fear. You’ll
Shayla
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book in a giveaway and it was also my first introduction to the psychological thriller/ mystery genre. I loved the gritty Seattle setting and the characters and plot were okay too however, this book wasn't as enthralling as I had hoped. Still a decent book overall and worth picking up if you're in the mood for modest mystery novel.
John Wills
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Patrick Linder creates a hard-nosed gumshoe in his novel, Ghost Music. But the real protagonist in this well-crafted story is the author’s writing style. Mr. Linder’s effortless prose allows the readers to see and feel each detail in every chapter, almost as if being part of the story themselves. Ghost Music is a surefire hit.

John M. Wills, Author of The Year Without Christmas: A Novel
Adriana Curtis
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for anyone, especially those who like to be on the edge of their seats until the end. It's fast paced and has a fantastic surprise ending, and it keeps your heart racing.
Carol Ferry
  • A Fair to Die for
  • Island Casualty
  • Murder...A Way to Lose Weight
  • Confessions of a Do-Gooder Gone Bad
  • Angel Killer (Shari Markham Mystery, #1)
  • No Evidence of a Crime
  • Sweet Holy Motherfucking Everloving Delusional Bastard
  • Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants, #1)
  • Soul Repair: Recovering from Moral Injury after War
  • I am not a Buddhist
  • The Rainy Day Killer (Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel #4)
  • Sons of Fire: Volume 1
  • Ravenhill Court
Patrick Linder was born in Wichita, KS and moved to the Seattle area in 1997. Awarded a Mellon Fellowship for Humanistic Study, he earned his PhD in American Literature from the University of
Washington in 2005.

Also an avid runner, Patrick has competed several marathons and values his running as time to disconnect from everyday life and rummage through new ideas and old emotions.

Patrick lives with
More about Patrick Linder...