Start by marking “Luminescence (Middle School Magic #3)” as Want to Read:
Luminescence (Middle School Magic #3)

Luminescence (Middle School Magic #3)

4.7  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Determined to rescue their favorite teacher, Conner, Lexa, and Melanie confront their worst fears and use their powers in unexpected ways to defeat Lady Nightwing, the treacherous Darkhand leader. But when the trio makes a terrible choice to save Dr. Timberi, their powers may not be enough to keep everyone alive. A thrilling conclusion to the Middle School Magic series!
Published March 11th 2014 by Cedar Fort Publishing & Media (first published March 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Luminescence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luminescence

Jinky
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The cliffhanger to book two was so good that I couldn't wait to put my nose into this finale. It did not disappoint! The trio and my fav, Pilaf, were back for new adventures that would test their powers and friendship even more. Their growth proved considerably in this conclusion, well, mainly to two of them.

Oh, Mr. Bell kept me on my toes! Was Dr. Timberi really alive or has Lexa gone bonkers? The supposed loss of Dr. Timberi seemed to put a strain on the trio, will their friendship endure? Lex
Melanie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book, liked the second book better and absolutely love the third book!! What a great middle-grade series!

At the end of the second book, it is believed that Dr. Timberi is dead but Lexa declares to everyone that he is, indeed, alive! Some believe her and some don't. Conner, Lexa and Melanie believe he is so it's up to them to rescue him from the torture they believe he's enduring.

Conner, Lexa and Melanie learn the power and strength they have when they actually work together.
Rebecca Talley
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series and this book is just as fantastic as the first two. Braden Bell has not only created a unique and intriguing story world, he's created realistic characters that have flaws and struggle to do what's right.

I love the bond between the main characters, Conner, Lexa, and Melanie. Even when the relationships are strained, it's obvious that these characters love each other. Dr. Timberi is my favorite adult in the series, but I also love Lee and his down-home common sense. And Pilaf
Paula Ratcliffe
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that this is one of my top three middle grade series. I have really, really loved the journey I've taken with Lexa, Conner and Melanie and friends and now that it is over, I'm kind of sad.

Sometimes it is hard in middle grade fiction to get the voices right. I often find that the characters seem too old or too young and therefore not realistic. That is definitely not the case in this series. The characters were always believable and the choices they made consistent with the age gr
Sheila
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series has been such a fun one to read. I love the main characters and the relationships that they have. There have been some rocky roads between Connor, Lexa and Melanie, but they work through the many ups and downs.This third and final book in the trilogy is full of action and many exciting things. As I read it, I thought of many of my students that would love to read this book.
It was great to see the ways the teen's powers manifested in Luminescence. I also loved to see how they grew in
Emmy
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful conclusion to this trilogy. Sometimes endings to Trilogies can be left with doubts, questions or things I don't like- as I finished this book it just left me with a big smile and feeling of happiness.

The book begins with the Trio not being fully united as guilt and sadness keep them apart after Dr. Timbre's supposed death. Lexa is sure he is still alive is and is willing to do anything to help find and rescue him.

The Trio must learn to overcome their problems and learn to real
Heather
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fire and Ice is so honored to announce and host the blog tour for Luminescence by Braden Bell!

In this thrilling conclusion to the Middle Grade Magic series, Dr. Timberi has been kidnapped, assumed dead. But Lexa knows better, and she is determined to save him. She must find a way to put aside her guilt and jealousy to work together with her brother and her best friend Melanie. The three of them have the potential to form a powerful force against evil... if they can overcome what it weighing them
Dorine White
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts-
In this thrilling conclusion the Middle School magic trilogy we find out the fate of the beloved Dr. Timberi. While the rest of the magi believe him to be dead, Conner, Lexa and Melanie are sure he is alive and being held captive by the evil Lady Nightwing.

The tension is strong as our trio turn against their leaders and befriend The Stalker, who once tried to kill them. They head off on a near impossible journey into the center of the Darkhands power. All three children must learn to
Shauna
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You watched them Kindle in The Kindling!

You saw them develop their powers and protect their school in Penumbras!

Now join Conner, Lexa, Melanie, and Pilaf as they join their magic...

AND their friendships...

As they come to the aid of their teacher, Dr. Timberi,

who is being tormented by Lady Nightwing and The Darkhands.

They will have to face their fears~

They will learn the importance of obeying their parents~

They will have to put everything on the line...even their powers to help each other~

And the
Rebecca
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy! I love this series. I’ve grown to adore these three teens, Conner, Lexa, and Melanie. They’re all battling insecurities and weakness of their own while trying to help save the world from the Darkhands threatening to destroy it. This third book does a great job keeping you reading, wondering and anxious for the three kids as well as their beloved mentor, Dr. Timberi.

I loved the overarching theme of redemption. It’s a story of forgiveness and overcoming for the
Cathy
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! Actually, I've loved the whole series. Braden Bell has done a great job getting into the head of these youngsters and making them come alive in these books. These are some of the most well done characters I've seen for middle grade readers. I love that you feel as though you are in the private school that Conner, Lexa, and Melanie go to, as well as everywhere else they go. I'm sad this is the end of the series,but I think it is a good ending. Can't wait to see what Braden B ...more
Michelle
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Braden Bell has finished off this series in a dramatic and satisfying way. His characters are so realistic - they are children with magical, wonderful powers but are still children with the real problems of self-doubt, lack of confidence, drama, and the regular fears of middle school. I completely understood Lexa, the drama queen, working out conversations in her head to make herself the center of attention. It was painful watching her try to change, knowing it is a life long battle! I will miss ...more
Sherrie
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series. Braden is a literary genius. This last book was definitely my favorite, which is saying a lot because typically when reading a series, the sequels fall short for me. Luminescence absolutely did not. I connected with the characters, felt like I was experiencing right along side them. It was the perfect ending to the series for me. I'm excited for my kids to read the whole series.
Kelly Nelson
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A five-star read! Filled with magic, non-stop action, and self sacrifice, Luminescence illustrates the power of working together and the value of friendship in a most imaginative way. A thrilling adventure for readers of all ages.
Rachael Anderson
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book! Braden's writing is his best yet, and the story pulled me in from the get-go (and I'm not much of a MG reader). It's the perfect blend of humor, poignancy, and adventure. Truly a series for all ages. My son can't wait to get his hands on this one!
Mindy
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful ending to a very enjoyable series. I loved the theme of love and sacrifice.
Danyelle Ferguson
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My daughter absolutely LOVES this series. She was invited to read a preview of the book and send in an endorsement blurb. So yep, already read, loved it, and reread it again. =)
Rhonda
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

I have loved this series. This conclusion to the series does not let you down. It is full of action, adventure, sacrifice. You don't want to put the book down.

I had reread Penumbras was only going to skim it and next thing I was reading the book again. Then started Luminescence right after.
Good way to spend a rainy day. Being immersed in Middle School Magic series.

The characters have grown up a little more with each book. Especially Lexa. The main characters are Conner & his twin
Rebecca McKinnon
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The end of a trilogy is always somewhat bittersweet for me, and this was no exception. Mr. Bell has taken us on a fun, magic-filled journey - and the worst thing I can say about it is: It's over.

Kids will love the magic, the adventure, the fun, the real-to-life characters. Parents will appreciate the examples of self-sacrifice and friendship, loyalty and teamwork. The kids stick up for what they know to be true, even when the some of the adults doubt them.

You might assume from that list of quali
Mary
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Luminescence by Braden Bell is the exciting conclusion to the Middle School Magic trilogy. After the cliffhanger at the end of Penumbras , I was exited to read it.
Luminescence does an excellent job of tying up the loose ends and answering the big questions, like who is the stalker, is Dr Timberi really dead, why does Melanie's Dad hate the Magi, why can Pilaf hear head talk, and many more.
The story starts with the kids Connor, Lexa and Melanie at odds because of their guilt and anger over Dr Ti
Jen C
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to the series. Bell did a wonderful job with these books. I was sad to see the book end because I enjoyed it so much.
Mad
Jul 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Willow Springs
  • Demon's Heart
  • The Ruby Pendant (Cleopatra's Legacy, #2)
  • A Nothing Named Silas
  • Discovering Peace
  • The Quantum Breach (Tanner Zane, #1)
  • How Much Do You Love Me?
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • Ella
  • Pierced by Love
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • The Sun, the Moon, and Maybe the Trains (John & Tess Book 1)
  • Sense and Sensibility: A Latter-Day Tale
  • A Way Back To You
  • Mile 21
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
  • Call to Arms: Nations Fall
  • The Accidental Marriage

Middle School Magic (3 books)
  • The Kindling (Middle School Magic #1)
  • Penumbras (Middle School Magic, #2)