Start by marking “Paper Magic” as Want to Read:
Paper Magic

Paper Magic

A magical journey. Marina's legs might not work but she has clever hands. The park calls to Marina. It tugs at a place deep in her chest but the thought of meeting the children who play there sends her into a breathless panic. On the last day of the holidays, before starting at a new school, Nana arrives with a magical gift to change Marina's life.
Published September 10th 2013 by Ifwg Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Paper Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Magic

Billy Buttons
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was entered and was a RED RIBBON winner in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our young readers thought:

FEEDBACK

Author: Jeffery E Doherty
Title: Paper Magic

COVER: 4/10
Generally, our young readers thought the cover was ok or poor. Most of them thought the lettering was fun and they liked the butterfly. A few of them thought the cover was a little pale – sort of washed-out, and they thought the girl should be folding paper on the front cover. They also felt the blurb was rather p
Molly
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is a stunning piece of poetry to show children how to see the magic in life. It tells us how we are only limited by our imagination, not by what we are given. Doherty's writing is pure and picturesque, using the simplest of phrases to conjure up the most complex of images. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Lynette Oxley
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inf533
A gentle story about a young girl in a wheelchair. Her legs don't work, but her hands do and the gift she's given helps her accept herself and make new friends. For primary school readers (8-12 years). Contains B&W illustrations and is also available as a paperback.
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A tale of acceptance. Acceptance of self, and of others. Paper Magic will teach your child that it is OK to be different; to be you. There is a little magic in everyone, if only we all shared it.
Lyn Battersby
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: awards
Lyn is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. Any reviews or ratings offered by Lyn do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Aurealis Awards Panel or Committee.

I shall be rating this work once the awards are announced.
Lynette Oxley
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inf533, children-s
A thoughtful story about a young girl in a wheelchair and how she overcomes shyness to make new friends.
Tawnya Peltonen
Kelsey
Jul 12, 2017
Chelsea Holland
Jul 01, 2018
Jeffery E Doherty – (Bio)
I make up stuff, I’m arty and I’m a bit of a nerd.
I love telling stories. One of those stories starts with "No, when I was in the Wiggles they already had a Jeff so I had to use my middle name..." Whole bunches of kids at the school where I work believe I was once Eddie the Evil Wiggle. Writing stories down for others to read and enjoy is one of the most special thing any