Start by marking “Ryan's Legend” as Want to Read:

Ryan's Legend

When Ryan discovers strange tracks outside the old chicken coop in his backyard, his curious nature leads him on an amazing adventure. He knows he shouldn’t keep secrets from his parents, but if they knew where he spent his days, they’d ground him for life!

In a room underground, Ryan learns to communicate with a mythical creature. Through these chats, he begins to understa
ebook
Published December 2013 by Morning Rain Publishing (first published November 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ryan's Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ryan's Legend

C.s. Ulyate
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ryan’s Legend is a great story ready to read by young children for the holiday break. It’s filled with mystery and likeable characters while being delivered in a fast-paced easy to read style. L.F. Young makes his story compelling in that he gets us straight to the heart of the story.

I liked the viewpoint of Ryan because it felt like I was looking over his shoulder, and like Ryan, I worried that someone would find out his secret. I can relate to Ryan because I also have an older brother that wou
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
This is a lovely little story about a boy, a mythical friend with a difference, an annoying brother and an old wooden chicken shed.
I really enjoyed it and hope the next book comes out soon to find out what happens next!

See my review also at:

Lisa Toohey
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An enchanting story, perfect for any child's bookshelf!
Scott Butcher
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ryan's Legend is a book you could read to your children or grand children. Its the story of a young lad, Ryan, who, like many young boys, gets in trouble more times than he should. it doesn't help having an older brother whose a bit of a bully.
But Ryan's life is about to change. Something strange is happening around the old chicken coop, and Ryan is determined to find out what.
This book was well written and easy to read. It has a very Canadian feel to it with a wintery setting, but also 'having
J.M. Bogart
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful book about a little boy and his secret, legendary friend. At ten, Ryan knows he shouldn't keep secrets from his parents, but when his new friend's life depends on it, he goes to great lengths to protect him.

Ideal for emergent readers, "Ryan's Legend" draws the young reader into the story,using kid-friendly language, and just the right pacing. I can't wait to see the final product, complete with illustrations.

Yves Chiasson
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The young and the young at heart
Ryan's Legend is a wonderfully written, environmentally conscious, feelgood children's book that leaves you with that "fuzzy feeling" inside. I am 44 years old, but reading this I was delightfully brought back to an innocent time of my childhood when things like having a dragon as a friend were worth much more than money or success.
Read this for yourself (guilty pleasure) and your kids will love it too!
Allan Hudson
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
You can't help but like this story. Mr. Young is a down to earth writer and keeps you interested.. You don't have to be a young adult to enjoy this tale. I liked it and recommend it.
Robin Witt
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, solid kids story, fast paced with likable characters. I'm looking forward to the launch of the sequel later this week.
I would recommend it for boys or girls.
Tracy Ehlers
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome story for young readers....
A fantasy tale all children will enjoy! One of my son favourite saying 'cool story bro needs more Dragons' not in this case!
It's exciting to find a story that can be enjoyed by boys and girls alike and yes it has Dragons!!
A well written feel good book for young readers. Opening their mind to not just a world of fantasy but real life issues such as looking out for our
environment and loyalty between friends..

If you have a child that's looking for a new
Rosie Amber
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ryan's Legend is a short story for young children, Ryan is ten years old and this book mixes adventure, mystery and fantasy.

When Ryan spots a green tale disappearing inside the old chicken coop he wants to investigate. He finds the opening to a tunnel and bravely sets off on an adventure that leads to the discovery of a new friend.

An easy read and the first book in a series which should appeal to young readers.
E. Graziani
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful little book filled with whimsy and magic. A must read for any child!
L.
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ryan's legend is a sweet story of friendship between a boy and a very special magical being.

Read my review at:

Cheryl Schenk
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book a while back. Yes I'm tardy in my reviews, sorry Mr. Young.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fantasy and I can hardly wait until my grandson is a bit older so that I can read it to him. Now what I need to find out is whether this and subsequent books are available in hardcopy.
Morning Rain Publishing
Dec 10, 2015
R.A. Webb
Jan 15, 2015
L.F. Young
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danny Brown
Victoria Zigler
Apr 18, 2014
Heather Stewart
Oct 25, 2014
I am a retired Plumber. I enjoy writing and fishing as hobbies. In my spare time you will find me enjoying a good book, watching Television, or banging away on the keyboard at my favorite pastime, writing.
I live in Rural New Brunswick with my wife and lots of rescued pets. I am also a proud father to 2 sons, both in the Canadian Navy.
Ryan's Legend was written in 1995, and published 18 years later