Start by marking “Forged by Fate (Bound by Hades #1)” as Want to Read:
Forged by Fate (Bound by Hades #1)

Forged by Fate (Bound by Hades #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  189 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...

He’s waited more than 900 years to love her…

Being the Gatekeeper to Hades is no small feat, and waiting almost a millennia to meet your mate is damn near impossible. But Theo Bradford’s mark has finally surfaced on his intended. Now all he has to do is find her and convince her to embrace her supernatural heritage.

Young
Published December 9th 2013 by Entangled: Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Forged by Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forged by Fate

Full Measures by Rebecca YarrosDefinitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia LondonRuined by Jus AccardoSneaking Candy by Lisa BursteinHushed by Kelley York
Entangled Embrace Collection (NA)
9th out of 21 books — 59 voters
Easy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverHopeless by Colleen HooverWait for You by Jennifer L. ArmentroutPoint of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
The Gentlemen of New Adult
212th out of 286 books — 465 voters

More lists with this book...

AJ
“I’m the Gatekeeper of Hades.” He bowed his head. “And you…are my Mate.”

Yes, Theo is a Gatekeeper of Hades. That means that it is his job to monitor the presence of any demons escaping from the underworld so that he can banish them back to hell. He is strong, wise, and very experienced at what he does. He has spent 900 years protecting the US with his brother and Companion, Justin, all the while waiting for his Ahavah / mate – the one person that he is destined to be with, who he knows he will l
Katrina
Dec 11, 2013 Katrina rated it it was amazing
Overall, I am ecstatic to have found another book by one of my favourite authors with a clear talent and love for writing in this genre.

This paranormal read is certainly unique of its own.

Filled with a great combination of suspense, romance, mystery, and action , which keeps the story moving at a rapid pace.

The chemistry between Theo and Sadie is toe curling - I loved there story and every aspect within.

It is Full of intrigue and twists and turns throughout the story, many happy moments * wink
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 08, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
What I liked:

1) The story after the first 25%.
2) The bond between Theo and Sadie.
3) The world I introduced to.
4 )Sadie's friend Dasha.

What I didn't like:

1) The first 25%. It might have been a good reason to stop the book. I felt that it was drugging and that it was a little.
2) Sadie's behavior on that part. She was acting like a five year old. Later though she changed and became better, stronger (as a character) and was able to embrace everything.
3) The confusion on what Theo was exactly.

Just
Vanessa
Dec 04, 2013 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC Copy from the publisher. After today I finished reading this books. I normally don't post this in a review but OMFG THIS WOMAN CAN WRITE, and by WRITE I mean she can WRITE A WONDERFUL Paranormal romance novel for the NA audience. I found myself not wanting to stop reading, I was especially drawn to her writing style. An excellent read, I highly recommend.
Erin
Mar 09, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it
***3.5 stars***

This was one of those pleasant surprise reads for me, because Theo swept me up and won me over in a heartbeat with his unexpectedly charming yet alpha-male ways. He’s waited 900 years to be with his Ahavah, his mate (Edward Cullen’s got nothing on this guy!), and unsuspecting Sadie was the lucky winner of his heart and devotion. Whether she was ready for it or not!

I know a lot of readers are turned off by the whole “insta-connection” concept, but I’ve always been a fan when it’s d
Rachel Firasek
Dec 09, 2013 Rachel Firasek rated it it was amazing
Forged by Fate sucked me in and chewed me up--fangs and all. I'm so excited about this new series by Reese Monroe and looking forward to more from this world. The characters were awesome! I loved Theo's alpha tendencies, Sadie's fierce strength, Justin's loyalty and calm demeanor, Helena's wisdom, and Dasha's quirks.

There's a sweet passion in this book that builds and builds--and has plenty of happy endings. *winks* I never knew if this time was going to be "the time" and I loved how the author
Gabbie (Rampant Readers)
Favorite Quote(s):

“He’d been open and brutally honest about who he was, more what he was. All his actions showed he had her best interest in heart, to the point that he was downright bossy and controlling. Sure, it pissed her off a little, but mostly…it felt good. Someone totally dedicated to her, focused on her well-being. For so many years she’d had to take care of herself–the only one she’d ever been able to depend on.”

Favorite Character: Sadie.
First Line:

“‘Just because you can’t find a girl
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Dec 12, 2013 Jenny - Book Sojourner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013, e-arc
Loved it! I was completely hooked on this book from the start. The characters, the action, the pacing, the clean writing, the romance - all were winners for me. Thrusting ourselves into Theo's world as a Gatekeeper to Hades, where he has patiently waited nearly a millennia to find his Mate, we start this story right where Sadie is thrust into this world as well. But the road to fate is not easy or risk-free. There are demons intent on destroying their potential before it even has a chance to blo ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Apr 13, 2014 Johnnie-Marie Howard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
So if your a lover of Mythology & Paranormal just like me mixed of course with Romance then this is a story for you. This was an amazingly well written story for paranormal mixed in with mythology that kept me turning the pages. I had found it really hard to stop and put it down. The hole story plot kept me very interested on where it was heading.

MUST READ!!!

*** I received this story for free in exchange for an honest review, see more of my review @ http://jmhoward2007.blogspot.com on 4-15-
Samantha
When I first read about this book I figured it would be one of those thats good but nothing to great or a flop but I was pleasantly surprised. I truly enjoyed this story and Can't wait to share with friends and family.

Theo has been a gatekeeper for 911 years. In those years he's been pure and waiting desperately for his mate. Sadie is 17 and has gone through life by herself. She graduated high school @ 16 and completed college before she turned 18.

Now they will experience mating, demons, angel
Micheala

This book was not what I expected at all! And that's a good thing.

Upon reading the summary I assumed it'd be a little bit of insta-love, must-need-mate-now sorta deal. But it's incorrect.

The story starts out with Theo going into the diner where he knows his long-awaited (911 years) mate is. The attraction is there for both him and Sadie. Theo tries to of course be there with her and she resists. We learn he's a Gatekeeper. Basically he makes sure demons stay in their realm.

I'll skip th
Patty T
Aug 17, 2014 Patty T rated it it was ok
***Received a free copy for an honest review.

"I found her." Justin froze, eyes wide. "Her? As in--" "My Mate." Heat stampeded through Theo's stomach and up his chest. Finally. His Mate had received his Mark.

So, you read the line above and think this would fall somewhere at the end of the book, right? But it doesn't. The line is page 2 (1% into the story), and the author is already giving us the ending. It spoiled it for me. Why continue reading? I mean we already know Sadie will be his mate. In
Katie O'Sullivan
Mar 10, 2014 Katie O'Sullivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
In this New Adult tale of Good versus Evil, Reese Monroe gives us a new take on angels and demons, with the addition of a supernatural being called a "Gatekeeper," or "Shomrei," created by the breath of God. They may look like incredibly hot humans, (male and female) but they have extraordinary powers to battle the demons who sneak into the human world.

Theo Bradford is the 911-year-old Gatekeeper to Hades, charged with sending escaped demons back below. His territory is the continental US, appar
Daria
Feb 27, 2014 Daria rated it really liked it
***** Book Received from the author for a honest review*****

Where there is evil there is good, its a balance that is always maintained. The Good a Gatekeeper named Theo. I loved the story line, gatekeepers and having mates... hella yeah.
Cant even imagine waiting for your mate for 900 years!! Just wow... then to be patient enough to wait until she is ready. Theo puts a whole new meaning to the word patient.
A young woman with a plan for her life, with intelligence and a quick wit. She is about
Kat Smith
Apr 08, 2014 Kat Smith rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal readers
Recommended to Kat by: Booksniffer Reviews
Forged By Fate by Reese Monroe

I give this book 5 stars

This review is my own opinion and will be posted on my blog and linked with Booksniffer Review Tours, for the release of Book 2 Marked by Hades.

I don’t like to give away a great story in a review, so the book synopsis is as follows:

He’s waited more than 900 years to love her…
Tawney
Jan 29, 2014 Tawney rated it really liked it
Forged by Fate is a sexy paranormal romance book that just kicked ass! I was immediately drawn to Reese Monroe’s world of demons and fangs. At the first chapter I loved Theo, the ancient hot man who was looking for his Mate. Now, don’t groan over the whole soulmate thing. Who wouldn’t want one? Reese makes it Theo’s quest to make sure his Mate will be at ease coming into his world. I mean, his world is full of fighting demons. Btu Sadie, is destined mate, doesn’t go down easily without a fight. ...more
Kimberley Jade
I read the synopsis for Forged by Fate and I was intrigued. The book for me surpassed my expectations and I couldn't put it down. I admit that I'm a sucker for a good romance and this book is definitely up there.

I'm sure bu now you've read the synopsis but what it doesn't tell you is that Theo is a romantic at heart, Sadie is heading on a journey to become a strong woman and Jason is a really likable and very loyal.

I loved that Theo was the ultimate boyfriend. He was so patient with Sadie and r
Felicia Semmler
Apr 12, 2014 Felicia Semmler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I read this book in all of 3 hours I was so into it. I don't think I moved to drink or even reposition. I go so caught up in the story the emotions and the deep connection between all the characters.

Theo (totally swoon worthy) is a badass gatekeeper of hell and has his trusty brother sidekick Justin by his side for almost 1000 years and it's always just been them kicking demon butt. While Justin is a man whore Theo has saved himself for his intended only.

Then we have Sadie the genius college s
Apr 22, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Forged by Fate is the first book of the Bound by Hades Series. I really liked it and gave it four stars. I kept on wanting to come back to this story and finish it, but I had a hard time staying on track. At first I felt like I had to make myself read until I finally hit a certain point that had me hooked. Once I got into it, I had to know what was going to happen. Theo is the gatekeeper to Hades. He has waited almost a millennium to meet his mate. Can you imagine saving yourself for that long w ...more
Tash
Apr 20, 2014 Tash rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

First of all when I sat down to read this book and got to the end I was surprised to find out who wrote this book as I didn’t know she wrote under this name. We have featured her on the blog before under her other name and have being meaning to read one of her books. This lady was one of the early ones that caught my eye in the paranormal new adult scene and I enjoyed this book a lot. I’m glad that I took a chance with the story and discover a beautiful se
Kristi
Nov 29, 2013 Kristi rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

hmmmmm...... thought i would really like this one, something was just off. almost stopped reading many times.

didn't connect with or care about the characters and wasn't really into the story. i need more time to digest.

review to come.
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
May 10, 2014 Kumiko Lei ~Lost In A Book~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2014
Reviewed at Lost In A Book

I really wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started this. I had never read anything by Reese Monroe before. So, I jumped in with both feet.

Am I glad I did? Absolutely!

I was immediately pulled into this world of Shomrei, companions, mates and demons. I loved, loved, loved the paranormal elements to this story.

Other than that, the thing that really stuck with me was how the mated pairs draw their strength from one another. They can calm each other, heal each other
Olivia
Jul 29, 2014 Olivia rated it liked it
3 STAR Fantasy/Paranormal/Romance Read

I liked this story. I didn’t REALLY like it or love it, but it was definitely a good read.
I loved Theo. He was so fierce yet loving and gentle, he totally made me swoon. The connection the author created between Theo and Sadie was incredible. I couldn’t wait to get to their interactions and see how they responded to each other.
I thought the supporting characters were great too although sometimes the dialogue and who was talking to who was a bit hard to follo
Samantha Marin
Jan 19, 2014 Samantha Marin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this book. I haven't read a paranormal book this good in a while. Sadie was a kick a** heroin, and we can't forget about Theo... so sweet and loving. LOVE HIM!! Can't wait for book two ;)
Megan
Aug 05, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. I thought it was a unique take on angels and demons. Theo was a great character - very patient with Sadie and having an instant love for her that was so sweet. I even liked the secondary characters - Justin and Dasha specifically - because they provided some funny moments through out the book. The beginning may have started off slow, but I really got pulled in once the action started happening.

I would read more from the author involving these characters. Recommended to tho
Lori Palle
Dec 27, 2013 Lori Palle rated it really liked it
“For so many years she’d had to take care of herself—the only one she’d ever been able to depend on.”—Sadie’s thoughts

Abandoned as a baby, Sadie has spend her entire life—all eighteen years of it—working hard to make something out of herself. She’s almost made it, too; after a few more days, she’ll graduate college, follow a lead to find the nurse who found her, and then start a prestigious new job. She has everything she could ever want. That is, until demons come out to get her and she meets T
Xylina Diaz
Apr 24, 2014 Xylina Diaz rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. The only issue I had was that Sadie was so smart yet could be so dumb at the same time, but I guess the stupidness came from her age. I guess having graduated from high school at 16 and graduated college at 18 didn't give her too much life experience there for she tended to not have a whole lot of common sense, but in the end I grew to like her. Her naive side is what irked me but hey I remember being 18 and not knowing a damn thing. This story was really action packed ...more
Jassie
Dec 19, 2013 Jassie rated it really liked it
I had been stuck on reading New Adult nowadays – those on the sides of real life: bad boy types or awkward ladies, typical, right? I was seeking for more “oomph” and I missed reading paranormal stuffs then lucky, Ink Slinger PR had this and boy this I grabbed at the opportunity! This story was awesome, enticing and paranormal in the NA genre just amped up things up!

The first thing that popped in my mind was that: Hercules met Constantine. I could not thing of a girl version though; oh, how about
Maghon Thomas
I loved this fun read! I am so glad this is a series and I can't wait for more. :) So, Theo is the Gatekeeper of Hades. He monitors the demons that coming into our world from the underworld. AND he needs to bring them back. He's very good at his job. He's had 900 years experience doing it. His brother is Justin, who is his right hand man in this job. And Theo has found his mate, which is good an bad. Theo will get his full powers when he mates, but they are completely vulnerable once mated. And ...more
Henna
Mar 04, 2015 Henna rated it it was ok
This far I've loved every Entangled Embrace story that I've read, but sadly I must say that this one was a huge disappointment in many ways. Biggest disappointment was the whole subject. The name, synopsis, it all threw word Hades and demons around, and honestly, I was so sure it was going to be great story about Hades and all Underworld things. Maybe I just should have researched about the story more, because the book was more about angels than Hades. Angels. I confess that when they mentioned ...more
  • Temptation by Fire
  • Trouble Comes Knocking (Trouble #1)
  • The Handler (Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club #2)
  • Violet Midnight (Violet Night, #1)
  • Baiting the Boss
  • The Mean Girl Apologies
  • Fall with Me
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Racing To Love: Eli's Honor (Racing to Love, #3)
  • Bittersweet Darkness (The Order, #3)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • Sneaking Candy
  • Seeds Volume Two (Seeds, #2)
  • One Hot Knight
  • Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)
  • Pan's Conquest
Originally from Minnesota, Reese Monroe currently enjoys living in the sunny Arizona desert with her husband of seventeen years and her loveable Shetland Sheep dog, Maddux. Monroe holds a degree in psychology from Southwest Minnesota State University and a master’s degree from the University of Iowa. When she’s not busy writing her next trilogy, she can be found pounding the pavement, training to ...more
More about Reese Monroe...

Bound by Hades (3 books)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
  • Claimed By Light (Bound by Hades #3)