Start by marking “Little Lola” as Want to Read:
Little Lola

Little Lola

When an apple hits Lola the cat on the head and wakes her up, she knows it is
Published April 22nd 2014 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Little Lola, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Lola

Start your review of Little Lola
Caryn Caldwell
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Lola the cat has checked off everything on her daily to-do list -- everything, that is, except having an adventure. When she sees a bus full of children, she knows exactly what that adventure will be: school!

This is an amusing picture book, with humor leaning toward the delightfully absurd -- after all, the likelihood that a cat would not only find a discarded outfit and backpack near a school bus, but also manage to make it to school and blend in is pretty low. Still, it's fun and the
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS HILARIOUS!!! I thought this was going to be a cute little kitty going to school book, but wow – Lola is one energetic kitty determined to have a great day! The story is great! I love how Lola wakes up and finds a complete school outfit and decides to go to school – not with other animals but with kids. The art is so carefree and humorous that I could spend hours looking at the illustrations. I think it’s a book that could really get kids excited about school.
*NOTE* I got a free copy
Terry
My son (3) and daughter (5) thought this book was hilarious and requested it over and over again. Lola is such a fantastic character and the illustrations are so detailed and fun. I wasn't surprised that my kids liked Little Lola, but I didn't anticipate just how much they would love it. Lola takes kids on a fun adventure with unexpected developments and a great deal of humor.
Rachel
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adorably cute illustrations take us on an adventure with Lola! She is a grey tabby kitten who awoke early one morning thanks to a well aimed apple! She finds some discarded children's clothing lying around, puts it on and ends up on a bus heading for school! Fortunately there are more Lola books planned!
Mary
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for picture books about cats. This would be a good one to share with kids who are starting school. When kids see how much fun Lola has at school, they will be ready to go themselves.
Rachel
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
A fun adventure with simple illustrations, has good connections to other school stories.
Katherine King
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Summary:
Little Lola is a cat who woke up early one day, eager to go on an adventure. Lola makes a to-do list of things a cat would do in a day, like stretch, hide, and play games. But the last thing on her list was “have an adventure.” Lola decides to have an adventure at school! Lola gets to do all the things we do at school, but she also creates a few messes and disasters. After her eventual day at school, she is proud to check off the last thing on her to-do list.

Activity:
Make a chart of the
Michelle
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the art and the story.
Drew Graham
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Little Lola has an adventure in mind, and that adventure involves plenty of learning.

This story doesn't make much sense but it doesn't have to. Lola is cute and fun and funny and brings a feline touch to recognizable school activities. This is pretty popular at our place.
Amber
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Purrfectly acceptable book about a cat with a to do list. This is perfect for a child about to start school.
Christine Turner
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: school
Hello, Little Lola! Lola is curious about everything . . . especially school. What is school like? Find out when Lola the cat heads to school herself and gets a paw (or two) into just about everything. Lively, funny, irresistible, and mischievous, Lola will appeal to fans of Olivia and Peppa Pig. When an apple hits Lola the cat on the head and wakes her up, she knows it is going to be that kind of day. So when she sees something curious, she decides to follow it . . . right onto a school bus ...more
Alice
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-50-stars
3.5 stars I liked this book! It is about a cat that goes to school. The problem is...all the kids are human kids...and May I state again...Lola is a cat. I would rate this book probably a 4 is all the students were cats or animals, but Lola had plans for the day and one one go on an adventure! I like that is promotes school as a fun and cool place. I like Lola...just confused why no one in school is confused why a cat is spelling and writing and reading, but lives on a park bench, licks itself ...more
Mary Ann
Lola is one cute little kitty, ready to pounce, play and explore. When she finds pink glasses, a stylish outfit and a backpack, she decides to join the rest of the kids on the school bus. "Hooray! Lola is going to school!" Lola has fun doing all sorts of activities at school -- writing, reading, painting, singing, and more. "Lola loved it all!" The story might be slight (dare I say fluffy like a kitty?), but it will help bring smiles to any little kid who's anxious about what happens at school. ...more
Samantha
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lola the cat finishes her to-do list early one day and stumbles into an adventure by dressing the part of a child and attending her first day of school. Lola loves every minute of it and excels at everything, but her choice of object for show-and-tell causes brings some chaos and mess to her beloved classroom.

Great back to school read aloud! The watercolor artwork is full of extra details that make for good conversations about the story with PreK-2.
Jocelyn
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I give this book 5 stars only because it is my 2 year old son's absolute favorite book. For me, it's not bad, and I don't mind reading it with him again and again. A book is always more enjoyable when your child engages in the story and wants to try to help read.

It was a library book, but I knew he would be so sad when we returned it that I ended up buying it. Usually it would be against my principles to buy a book about a cat, but I made an exception :)
Krista
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A cat named Lola - a book after my own heart!

The fun in this books is the whimsical notion of a kitten joining the other children in her neighborhood to become part of the class; perhaps a dream concocted during a "cat nap"? Busy little illustrations to capture an experience that will be fun for a lot of beginning readers excited to start the journey and transition from home to school.
Heydi Smith
Aug 12, 2014 rated it liked it
This book didn't wow me but it's a good introduction to what happens at school. I liked that she was a cat. I liked that she left her glasses and her mouse at school - good point to ask if anyone noticed.

I would use for story times about going to school and that's about it.

Melanie
When Lola the cat wakes up extra early she is excited because she has an adventure planned! She hops on a passing school bus and heads to school. During the school day she reads, writes, plays, paints, shares and sings. Her show-and-tell creates quite a stir, but Lola is sure to pick up the mess.
Emily
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
its a totally adorable story perfect for all ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way the photo in the back of the book is good right!!!! and also the words on the side of the book say photo by emily saab whos that???? ME!
Juliana Lee
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Husband and wife team collaborate to bring Little Lola to life. Little Lola is a cat with an agenda. This is the day, she planned on going to school. She enjoys it and excels at it. As she leaves, she shed her school clothes and returns home planning another adventure for tomorrow.
Mary
This is a cute book but it lacks substance and a message. There are manners and proper behaviors shared throughout the book, and it is silly to have a cat at school with kids, so those elements are great. The pictures are also fun and engaging! Good for ECE readers.
Elizabeth K.
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-lucy
I was very pleased to have this book about going to school for the first time (reasonably it could be kindergarten) that didn't present it as a huge trauma. The charismatic illustrations are another plus.
Megmerrilies
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Great for kids getting ready to start school! And would make a good read-aloud.
Scottsdale Public Library
This cat catalogs what's cool in school. - Monty K.
Kelly Dashiell
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest book in the world.
Kelly Ford
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a cute book. I would maybe use it for Toddler time or a school visit.
Fplyouth Staff
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
very cute book for Back-To School K-2nd!
Peacegal
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute book about a cat who goes to school.
Jodie
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
A cat has an adventure by going to school and discovering new things.
Amy Formanski Duffy
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-review
A sassy, adventurous cat gets dressed and goes to school, where she excels at show and tell and mischief. Adorable.

• Only a Witch Can Fly
  • Apple Cake: A Gratitude
  • The Rabbit Listened
  • Perfectly Norman
  • Ghosts in the House!
  • Little Elliot, Big Fun (Little Elliot, #3)
  • The House From Morning To Night
  • Where's Walrus? And Penguin?
  • Where's Walrus?