Start by marking “Sinful Seconds” as Want to Read:
Sinful Seconds

Sinful Seconds

(Rapture #2)

From the six USA Today and New York Times bestselling authors who brought you WICKED FIRSTS, comes an all new contemporary set of six sexy, suspenseful and very SINFUL SECONDS.

Sinful Surrender by Elisabeth Naughton
He's been watching her, and now he's here, in the dimly lit bar of the swanky Vail resort, pretending not to notice her. Songwriter Grace Ryder has never liked t
Published March 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Sinful Seconds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinful Seconds

Start your review of Sinful Seconds
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars-I've only read the Cynthia Eden story which I loved. I've noticed that her heroes are getting a bit darker lately. I have to admit I kind of like it.

I love all of these authors, so I'll go back and read the rest of this later.
Sheryl C. Nash
Oct 19, 2013 is currently reading it
OMG!!! I CANNOT WAIT for this anthology, considering that Wicked Firsts was hands down, THE BEST ANTHOLOGY I have EVER read!!! ...more
Heather
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sinful Seconds is the second anthology by the authors of Wicked Firsts, Elisabeth Naughton, Alexandra Ivy, Cynthia Eden, Laura Wright, Katie Reus and Joan Swan. I picked up this book because these authors are among my favorite to read. Sinful seconds did not disappoint. Each book in this anthology was between eight and fourteen chapters and a great read.

Sinful Surrender – Elisabeth Naughton – Aegis Security Series. Grace Ryder is a songwriter. She needs to write two more songs to fulfill her c
Tanya
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I didn't review each and every novella in this anthology, but gave each story a rating and/or review on it's own page. I would say the anthology overall is 3.5 to 4 stars. I didn't love each and every selection, but none were terrible and some were fantastic. Overall, it was a very solid anthology.
Victoria
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another excellent anthology. With these great authors it had to be :). I enjoyed all of the stories. They were all very different. It was also really nice to see some old friends sort of pop up within the reads.
Cindy
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
SINFUL SURRENDER by Elisabeth Naughton
In each of these novelettes about the agents who work for Jake Ryder at Aegis the author gives us a perfect blend of suspense and off the charts sexy romances. This one is about Jake’s sister Grace. It seems she has a stalker of sorts and with her aversion to dealing with anyone in the security field her brother secretly assigns Brian Walker to watch her. Brian has been emotionally closed off for so long that his sudden attraction to this woman who is hands
Debbie
Shelves: box-sets-read
sinful seconds....flipping great so far! (reading out of order, but they are all stand alones) all these books are related in that they are set in, around, or talk about Playhouse, a high class sex club in Vegas. (Wicked Firsts was a tattoo shop)

Sinful Surrender, an novella from Elisabeth Naughton, from the Aegis Security guys. short, sexy read, with a twist I did not see coming, but some others might. Grace is on a short break, hiding from a stalker. her brother sends one of his guys to keep a
Victoria

4-4.5 "TOTALLY WORTH IT" STARS

I've had this anthology on my wish list for a while and was waiting for it to go on sale but got impatient. I was happy to see it was lendable and was able to borrow it instead of having to keep waiting for it to go on sale. This anthology had a few of my "must read" authors and that fact that all of them are together in one collection is awesome!

I haven't read all of the stories but here are some brief thoughts on what I have read

Sinful Surrender by Elizabeth Naug
Djg
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 - 4 stars Second Anthology with the same writers (after Wicked Firsts) In each book a BDSM Club in Las Vegas called "The Playhouse" is either featured or mentioned.

Sinful Surrender by Elisabeth Naughton 3 1/2 stars
Songwriter Grace is working through some song-writer's-block at a resort in Vail. She's been eyeing a sexy guy all week and finally works up the nerve to approach him.
Brian is private security who's been hired (secretly by her brother) to watch Grace due to some threats she's re
Erin Burns
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-google
I picked this up for the Katie Reus and Cynthia Eden stories. All the entries in this anthology tie in to a club called ThePlayhouse.

Sinful Surrender (Aegis Security 0.6)
by Elisabeth Naughton

Grace is a too stupid to live heroine sucking back booze at a bar and letting her equally moronic best friend Holly goad her into picking up a stranger in a bar when she knows she has a stalker. This is a novella so naturally they hop into bed pretty damned quick. And the villain is ridiculously obvious. It'
Michelle
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is honestly one of the best collections- as is the first.

Why is that? I have not really figured it out. I just know that more often than not, if I buy an anthology, I end reading only one or two stories. But when I bought Sinful Seconds (as well as Wicked Firsts), I read all six stories and thoroughly enjoyed them.
Maybe what makes me like this collection is the tie that most of them do. All but one of the stories mentioned the Playhouse.

Did I have a favorite story? Mmmmmm, that would be a
Dulcinea
Common thread throughout the stories: Playhouse sex club

SINFUL SURRENDER by Elisabeth Naughton
Good stuff; sexy, steamy; mystery/thriller.

SINFUL RAPTURE by Alexandra Ivy
Sexy, steamy; very much liked Liam's character - arrogant, demanding, tender, caring.

SINFUL SECRETS by Cynthia Eden
Mystery/thriller. One of the steamiest books by Ms. Eden. This is part of her "Mine" series; I had previously read book 1 and found the male to be a bit too possessive for my tastes, but now I understand t
Darcy
This review is based only on the stories by Cynthia Eden and Katie Reus

Cynthia Eden - This was an interesting story and if you read the authors Mine series you will recognize one of the characters that shows up in passing. I felt bad for Cat, because it seemed like Jason was playing her. Just when they were getting along, Jason's actions made things worse. I did think it was very easy to figure out who the bad guy was, even thought most of the men weren't what you would call "good" guys. I think
Andi
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone get me a fan! Wicked Firsts was an amazing anthology. I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked all of the stories in that one. Sinful Seconds blew Wicked Firsts out of the water! I enjoyed all of the books in this anthology even better! From snarky security to Knights on White Horses, girls who know what they want from bull riders, British bad boys, heiresses with football players to keeping our borders safe. All of these stories were sinful and worth the read. THANK GOD reading do ...more
Shannon
Just like with Wicked Firsts, I wanted to read this mostly for Naughton' s story. However, they were all wonderful. They only one that didn't click for me was Cynthia Eden' s story. I love how they all tie together, this time being The Playhouse located in Las Vegas, even if they don't all take place there. I definitely want to read more of Katie Reus' Red Stone Security series. Here's to hoping for a third.
Zendastark
Laura Wright's Sinful in spurs: 2/5* I'm sorry but just, BDSM's boring me...

Cynthia Eden's Sinful Secrets: 3/5* I liked it but really, nothing new and very predictable. There was what I call the "Eden's touch" with her very alpha male and I like that because the story feels so intense but really no surprise about the suspense part.

Katie Reus's Sinful Seduction: Currently reading

Ash P Reads
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance
Wow! what a great anthology and follow up to Wicked Firsts and all from some of my favorite authors and now I'm hooked onto a couple of new ones as well. I wonder if we're going to be getting and Tempting Thirds ;-D
Izy
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rating~ 4.5 avg stars.

One of the best romance Anthology I've read. The books are by highly successful authors and there is something for everyone in it.

The stories are all well written and Enjoyable.
Michelle the Romance Witch
overall 6 awesome stories with all different levels of and kinds of awesome, but all filled with sensuality, passion, and imagination. some of a my favorite authors all coming together... what could be better. looking forward to the third one.
Mya
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sinful Surrender: Loved it. What a great quick read! I think Naughton's Novella's are my favourite. They feel like perfectly filled out stories. Looking forward to the next in the Aegis series... a full length book! OOh it shall be good!!!
Glenda Bettin
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
awesome, awesome, what a great collection.
Michelle
I loved each of these six stories, there wasn't a weak one amongst them. Well worth the money!
Bethany D Coop
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun novella by some fun authors

three new series to read now.. yay fantastic collection. l loved all of them... quick reads for on the go
Melissa Vasquez
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great variety of stories. I enjoyed reading this one.
Alison
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
6 novelllas that I really enjoyed!
Felice Foster
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed all the stories in this box set. Standouts for me,Cynthia Eden, Laura Wright and Alexandra Ivy's contributions. Intense and Hot!!
Janee
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You can go wrong with this book. With the authors like Laure Wright, Alexandra Ivy, and a cast of all my favorite authors!!!!!!
Joanne
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved everyone of the books in this boxed set
‘Sup?
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed each novella--somewhat unusual for a boxed set! Each author's writing is fantastic.
Nicoled1179 DiIorio
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading all six novellas. I plan to read more books written by all of them.
Win!!! 1 7 Mar 12, 2014 05:58AM

• Snow Angel
  • Doctor Dave
  • Adrian (Love Under the Lights, #3)
  • Stumbling into Love (Fluke My Life, #2)
  • Securing Brenae (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #1.5)
  • Plumbing the Virgin
  • Wynter's Captive
  • His Mimosa (The Cocktail Girls)
  • Dancer
  • Bride
  • Maid
  • Destined to the Alpha (Alphas In Heat #3)
  • Push the Envelope (Blythe College, #1)
  • Hitman's Prey
  • Tossed Into Love (Fluke My Life, #3)
  • A BEARy Happily Ever After (Bear Clan, 6)
  • His Deadly Darling
  • Taken by Her Mate (Northern Silver Pack, #1)
Before topping multiple bestseller lists—including those of the New York Times, USA Today, and the Wall Street Journal—award winning author Elisabeth Naughton taught middle school science. A voracious reader, she soon discovered she had a knack for creating stories with a chemistry of their own. The spark turned into a flame, and Elisabeth now writes full-time.

Though primarily known for her romant

Rapture (3 books)
  • First Rapture (The Rapture, #1)
  • Sinful Rapture (The Rapture Series)
  • Sweet Rapture (Rapture Series, #3)

News & Interviews