Start by marking “Beyond the Pillars: An Anthology of Pagan Fantasy” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Pillars: An Anthology of Pagan Fantasy

Beyond the Pillars: An Anthology of Pagan Fantasy

Fantasy literature is a sprawling tapestry of possibility. From cities built in the skies to an entire world locked inside a dusty old wardrobe, the opportunities are as boundless as the imagination.

But what of Pagan-themed fantasy? Tamora Pierce, Holly Black, and J.K. Rowling draw inspiration from Pagan myths and monsters when constructing their worlds. Urban fantasy
Published October 2nd 2013 by Bibliotheca Alexandrina

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Pillars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Pillars

Start your review of Beyond the Pillars: An Anthology of Pagan Fantasy
Aj
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pagans, Polytheists, those interested in mythology
This anthology is a mixture of Pagan-themed tales. I enjoyed reading them all. (Though I should point out that I do have a poem within the book.) Like any anthology with a broad theme, it is hard to describe this book as anything other than a look into modern mythologies across the world. I think my favorite tale is "Something there is that doesn't love a wall" which is a tale of Loki returning to Asgard with Sleipnir told from Sigyn's point of view.
Eva Kenieva
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loki
I only read the stories about Loki; there are three of them. “loki’s advice for my first job interview” is a very short humorous piece. “Another Fine Mess” is a story about Loki getting himself and Thor out of trouble with his wits, told in the form of a folk tale. “Something there is that doesn’t love a wall” is an excellent story. Told from Sigyn’s point of view, it will be enjoyed by those of us who sympathize with Loki in his many guises. Also, there’s horse jokes.
E.M. Taggart
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loki
I only read the stories about Loki; there are three of them. "loki's advice for my first job interview" is a very short humorous piece. "Another Fine Mess" is a story about Loki getting himself and Thor out of trouble with his wits, told in the form of a folk tale. "Something there is that doesn't love a wall" is an excellent story. Told from Sigyn's point of view, it will be enjoyed by those of us who sympathize with Loki in his many guises. Also, there's horse jokes. ^-^
Kharm
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
DISCLOSURE: I was published in this.

This was an interesting anthology to read. I am a fan of anthologies in general, and like any anthology there are some stories that I enjoy more than others. "Something there is that doesn't love a wall" and "The Girl Whose Name Means Girl" were two of my favorites. It was interesting to read an anthology written by Pagans about their (our) gods, and I hope to see more such anthologies in the future.
Haliation
Dec 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: witchy
Got this from the lovely Diana! Very excited to give it a read. Oooooo.
Tina
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Blossom