Start by marking “The Confetti Killer” as Want to Read:
The Confetti Killer

Read Book

The Confetti Killer

In the 1980s, the Confetti Killer terrorized Chicago, leaving a trail of blood and glitter. Fifty years after the infamous unsolved slayings, a copycat killer thrusts Kylie Watts’ upcoming book into the limelight. Normally, she holes up in her Virginia home and writes true crime, using her dreams of the past to solve cold cases. She hopes to put the original Confetti Kille ...more
Published November 2013 by Books on the Edge

To ask other readers questions about The Confetti Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Confetti Killer

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5

Triggers: (view spoiler)

There are two unlikeable main characters. Detective Egan is a weak man. I both hated and liked him if that is possible. Kylie Watts is a well-know
Online Critic
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up all night to finish The Confetti Killer early this morning. This is Myers' best one so far and so different from her other two series. This thriller has a much edgier tone. Though like her other books, the characters get to you.

thriller

The Confetti Killer is definitely a thriller with a couple steamy sex scenes.

This book opens up with a bang, one of Kylie's brutal nightmares. Her dreams are so real she's missing a chunk of hair the next morning. Kylie solves cold cases using her dreams of long
Dakota
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! This is a definite page-turner and I could not put it down. Kylie's story is both gritty and captivating as you delve deeper and deeper into her mystery. I love Chris' writing and can't wait to read her next one!
Holly
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting mystery set in the future and tied with reincarnation. Glad it had a good ending
RoloPoloBookBlog
The Confetti Killer by Chris Myers
Source: Purchase
Rating: 4/5 stars

Recluse, genius, professor and author Kylie Watts has a gift, she dreams of the lives of others and more specifically, their deaths. Kylie dreams of deaths throughout time, many of which have gone unsolved until Kylie dreams of them. Parlaying what she learns in her dreams into her teaching and her books has earned Kylie a tidy income and a world-wide reputation. For Kylie, the income allows her to remain as she likes to be, a re
Heather
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think I understood this book, and I think I liked it.

It's a mash-up of different genres: science fiction, futuristic, murder mystery, suspense, crime, action, some sexual content, some vampire stuff, maybe some romance?

The story follows two main story lines from 1983 and 2033. I could have used a little more description on the futuristic items, like Tranquility. I eventually figured it out, but you have to infer a lot to understand what some of the modern gadgets are.

There is a third storylin
Online Critic
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stayed up all night to finish The Confetti Killer early this morning. I couldn't help but notice the 1 star on Nov 26. The book didn't come out until the 27th because I've been waiting on this one. So no way that person read the book. Also because this is Myers' best one so far and so different from her other two series. This thriller has a much edgier tone. Though like her other books, the characters get to you.

Cindi
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kylie Watts uses her nightmares of the past, not only to solve cold cases but to write true fiction best sellers. When a present day copy killer uses the same MO as the Confetti Killer in the 1980s, Kylie must solve the current killing spree as well as the unsolved case committed years ago to clear her name. Detective Egan doesn’t trust her and for good reason. With her uncanny ability, she knows more than the police about both killers.

The writing is clean and the mystery well-plotted, and the e
Chris
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
KILLER THRILLER.
I love the premise of a writer solving real murders via clues revealed in her dreams, and I especially appreciate the great personal cost that comes with this for the writer. The broken detective is compelling--his faults only make him more loveable and interesting. Myers uses a deft hand as she sprinkles in details about the future world, making the environment come alive and the atmosphere ring true for me, and the connection between the future and the past is a hook that doesn
Ellon
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, own
I won this book as part of a goodreads first reads giveaway.

Pros- the book was exciting. I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next. The characters actions and the reveal of the murderer were not predictable at all.

Cons- it got really confusing at the end. I don't want to say more because I don't want do spoil anything. I definitely had to keep rereading done paragraphs at the end many times until they made a little bit of sense. I also didn't care for the futuristic setting. Some
Chris Myers
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Confetti Killer won first place in the Paul Gillette literary contest. Hope you enjoy.

Kylie Watts
Confetti Killer

Detective Egan

Renee Voltz

Hyacinth
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't understand the one star rating. This book was very good. It was filled with action, suspense, mayhem, reincarnation, you name it. I was blown out of the water when I found out who the killer was. I won't spoil it for you but you need to read it. It's good.
Cindy
Apr 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Confusing but I don't like paranormal and this had touches of that. TTS-enabled.
Courtney Waltz
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book had a lot of great reviews, but I really struggled to get into the story and plot line.
Delta
Feb 22, 2014 marked it as free-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Free on Amazon today, 02-22-14 (gritty romantic suspense)

SimyCat
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really couldn't get into this book. It's just not what I like to read.
Danita
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The book has a very interesting plot, but the author has a strange writing style which does not appeal to me.
Like To
Feb 24, 2014
Donna Charles
May 19, 2014
theresa britchford
rated it did not like it
May 23, 2016
Mar 20, 2014
Lee Chalmers
Dec 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • Groomed (Going to the Dogs #2)
  • Deadly Dram  (Whisky Business Mystery #3)
  • The Advice Column Murders (The Oakwood Mystery Series, #3)
  • Whit's End (Willow Springs Ranch #6)
  • Paying for It (Gus Dury, #1)
  • Gilded Hearts (The Shadow Guild, #1)
  • White Ghost (Graham Gage #4)
  • True Deceptions (True Lies, #2)
  • Allusion
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • A Scandalous Secret (Scandalous #2.5)
  • Trailer on the Fly (The Time Travel Trailer Book 2)
  • On Best Behavior (Conduct #3)
  • Framed for Murder
EARLY REVIEWERS PROGRAM
***Interested in becoming an early reviewer?***
Limited copies available on every title. Please contact me to find out details. An ebook copy is given in exchange for an Amazon and Goodreads reviews.