Start by marking “Dark Exorcist” as Want to Read:
Dark Exorcist

Dark Exorcist

Peter Roman is a police officer on what should be a typical disturbance call. He encounters a teenage girl who is anything but typical. Her level of strength and violence surpasses some of the strongest suspects he's encountered.Father Pierce is a hospital chaplain who despite his lack of belief in the supernatural, is forced to stare down the pure evil within the girl.Fat ...more
Published September 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Dark Exorcist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Exorcist

Start your review of Dark Exorcist
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4 Fucking Frightful Stars

What a way to send 2014 away....WITH A HORROR!

Take a 15 year old girl possessed by a demon...a guilty cop...2 priests and a full hospital and what do you get?

Fuck if I know...but I would definitely be running in the opposite direction!!
Caroline Gebbie
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kinda-horror
I am so far behind on my reviews, but I finished this last night and decided to review while it is fresh in my mind.
Dark Exorcist was my first read of a Tim Miller book and I loved it. Amanda is a teenage girl in trouble and whether she survives is down to three very different people.

Peter Roman is a cop with a past, Father Pierce is a hospital chaplain and Father Dietrich Harlan is a Vatican trained exorcist. Together these three will face an evil that could destroy them all.

Tim grabs you by t
Andrew Lennon
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first story I've read from this author. Have to say that I really enjoyed it.
I was concerned with it being a possession novel that it would just start ripping things off from the usual stories, but it didn't. It was a great story in its own right.
Definitely checking out more from this author.

All reviews can be found at http://lennonslair.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
Tim Miller
Oct 23, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Max Ellendale
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It moved quickly, kept my attention and touched on a few of my favorite things to read: darkness, demons, secrets, theory, and mayhem! The cover is also pretty awesome. I'd recommend this read to horror lovers.
Dawn
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, demonic
I really loved this story! Never tire of the demons. This was so well written from different characters' points of view throughout the book! Great fun
Brianda
Not entirely bad, but the writing is so... Basic? It seemed like a story a highschooler might come up with for a class, a good one, but a student nonetheless.

And whats with having a female narrator with all male POVs?

Besides, she sounds like shes reading the constitution or something equally dull, and not a horror story! Im guessing the book might be better if you read it, instead of listening to it, like I did.

Another thing. The time tables dont fit. Also, theres this part where the doc says th
Michelle Hofacker
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-my-kindle
This story comes screaming off the pages at you in the beginning and dares you to look away. Don't. Look. Away. You won't be able to. This a fast paced eerie tale of a seeming mentally ill girl brought in to a hospital by an honest police officer going beyond his call of duty. It quickly escalates into an insane battle of good and evil, demons from Hell and mind games galore. It was well written, well researched and definitely exciting. I found it unique in the version of possession and exorcis ...more
Amber
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dark Exorcist is a different take on your typical possession stories. I really liked the little twist at the end with Amanda's realization of the truth. Miller's writing flows easily although at times their is a bit of repetition it is necessary to the story as you get to see each characters perspective of the bizarre happenings going on throughout the hospital. I would recommend this to anyone who is obsessed with stories of possession and exorcism. Like I said it is a different take on a story ...more
Jenna Fox
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book by Tim Miller-the first one of his titles that I've read. There were some interesting twists throughout the story and I was hoping for a big twist at the end, but when I finished the book I still wasn't disappointed.

I see some reviews slapping the author for similarities to The Exorcist, but I think the book stood plenty strong all on its own. Miller's characters, their motives, scenes, setting and dialogue were completely original. I hope the author has more creepiness in
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic short story, well worth the read.

A little girl named Amanda gets found, she is possessed by a demon. In the effort it takes to help her get rid of the demon, a lot of destruction and death occurs. It contain adult language.

Good for horror fans and those who like to read stories about demon possession.
Brianne Secorsky
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced possession thriller set in a hospital. It kept me on the edge of my seat, I couldn't put it down. I also had a hard time sleeping afterwards for the obvious reasons!!
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read! If you're a fan of possession and horror this book is for you. Just when you think you have it all figured out Tim Miller takes an unexpected turn that leaves you wanting more!
Samantha
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book started off with a touch of humor and then moved into bone-chilling terror. Amanda seemed unstoppable and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what could be done for her. There was also the mystery surrounding Officer Roman that had me very curious. Dark Exorcist took me on quite the wild mental ride. I really enjoyed this dark and twisted story.
Patricia Kaniasty
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was like rereading the original "The Exorcist". Even some of the names seemed all too familiar. Maybe I am just imagining it.
Harriett
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this authors imagination, nothing more than a sheer genius at work. This is a must read for anyone who likes a good scare..Waiting for a Dark Exorcist 2 !!
Kyle Atwood
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying I LOVE Tim Miller's work, he's certainly one of my favorite horror authors, but this book is probably his worst. The plot is very predictable and, often times, strays a little too off topic. Tim also seemed a lot less motivated to get this one done.

Mr. Miller is, by no means, a bad horror author, but if you want to get into his work I recommend The Country Club, Clown Apocalypse, Curse of the Gut Ripper, or any others.

Maybe this book would be your cup of tea, however, an
Amethyst
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you loved the original Exorcist I can guarantee you will love this one as its far better...(yes I did say better ).
This is a fast moving read right from the very first page. As a film you will be hiding behind the cushion and jumping at every sound; it will make you think "What was that noise" you just heard. Just make sure you read it with at least 1 light on, it almost creeped me out...I said almost...after 30 years of reading horror that's unusual for me to get creeped. ;-)

So back to my
Daniel
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it

I'm reviewing another novel by horror author Tim Miller(The Hand of God, Revenge of the Three, and Hell, Texas)

In Dark Exorcist, Peter Roman is a normal police officer on what should have been a typical disturbance, but when a violent teenage girl challenges him like no other criminal; things spiral out of control. By nights end, he and hospital residents will battle a vile demon hell bent on destruction.

The author switches viewpoints throughout the story giving the readers a perspective from ot
A.R.
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The indentations weren't uniform, some different from others or not indented at all. The story was also too much like William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist and Legion, the sequel.

Too-similar similarities:

The Exorcist had Father Karras, this had Dr. Karras.

This one had a protagonist who was a cop with a mother now dead and a guilt complex about killing her; The Exorcist had a co-protagonist priest whose mother died, and he had guilt that he could've taken better care of her and prevented her death.
A Girl Among Books
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I haven't read a horror book in a long time, so when the chance to review the "Dark Exorcist" came up, I jumped at it.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It's a short story, so it is a fast read. I liked the different perspectives throughout the book, especially Amanda's. The only thing I didn't like was there wasn't enough of a scare factor for me. Yes, there were demons...but I was hoping for that "creepy" feeling and I didn't really g
Tiffany Lagrone
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Ok, So the "Dark Exorcist" was very entertaining to say the least. Did I love it? No, But I didn't hate it. I guess I am saying that I really enjoyed it. If you asked me if I would recommend it, then I would say yes. The "Dark Exorcist" is a story of, you guessed it, an exorcism, but unlike any of the exorcism movies, this one takes place in a hospital and it isn't just the one person that is being possessed. Without giving too much away, if you want gore and blood and violence, then this would ...more
Alex Apostol
Excitingly creepy

Weird events started from the get go and only got scarier as the story progressed. It was unlike any other possession book I've read. The hospital was truly a house of horror that night. At the end of every chapter I had to keep reading. It was too exciting to put down.
Aderyn Wood
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
It had a lot of promise with a strong start that hooked me. However, the character development was sacrificed for an extremely fast pace. It was very dialogue heavy too. Little bits of supernatural practices were interesting and I would have liked a bit more depth with them. Horror fans who enjoy a quick pace and an 'action movie' feel would enjoy this book.
Alex Bough
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very different from the usual Tim Miller, more of a sort of suspense feel to it. Nevertheless I really enjoyed it and look forward to getting into the sequel some time soon. 4/5 stars!
Abby
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It produces very afraid , the more and more have Imagion can visualize what you 're reading will be more interest in completing the book
Alison
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this just didn't do anything for me - it was a pacy read, but I didn't get any atmosphere from it at all.
Paul Knerr
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

not bad a different way of the possession story. I enjoyed reading this book .I Will try another one. ok
christina cooper
Scary goodness

Read this in almost one sitting, it was like I was possessed. Wasn't sure what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed this and am headed straight for part 2!
Chrissy
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I really enjoy stories about demons and possession. This story was right on the mark. A good amount of terror and it had a nice ending. I really enjoyed it

• Day Care
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams #2)
  • Grave Girl: The Complete Trilogy
  • DYING WISH  (Detective Jeff Temple Book 4)
  • Paranoid
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Midnight in the Graveyard
  • Hysteria (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #2)
  • For Her Sins (DCI Jack Callum #3)
  • Seven Days
  • Taken to the Grave (Detective Jo Fournier, #2)
  • Undercover Connection
  • True Ghost Stories: Real Haunted Woods and Forests
  • True Ghost Stories: Real Police Ghost Stories: True Tales of the Paranormal as Told by Cops and Other Law Enforcement Officials
  • True Ghost Stories
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • The Harvest (The Bell Witch #1)
  • The Carrow Haunt
Tim Miller is a horror author with over 40 books in print in the U.S. and Germany. He lives in Texas which provides him lots of scary locations and ideas to pass on to his readers. His trusty sidekick, a chihuahua named Sancho sits by his side and supervises his writing activities.

Tim is very active on social media and loves interacting with his readers. You can find him at his website at http://t