Start by marking “The Third Heaven: The Rise of Fallen Stars” as Want to Read:
The Third Heaven: The Rise of Fallen Stars

The Third Heaven: The Rise of Fallen Stars

Long before the age of man there lived a race of beings called the Elohim: angels who worshiped and served the Creator. Chief among them was the Archangel known as Lucifer. God's perfect creation: a being who dwelled in the Creator s presence, and who walked in the midst of the Stones of Fire. He was perfect in all his ways...until iniquity was found in him. For never in a ...more
Published September 24th 2013 by Theonesutos Ministries (first published September 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Heaven, please sign up.
Donovan Neal The bible typically uses the term in reference to God that is correct. It was a creative decision to refer to angels as a species of creation in this …moreThe bible typically uses the term in reference to God that is correct. It was a creative decision to refer to angels as a species of creation in this fashion. I wanted to get away from what people were typically accustomed to.

Thanks for the compliment about what I wrote in the forward. Yeah despite the fact the book is fiction, I thought it prudent to emphasize that it is just a story with a Christian worldview, and not to make it more than what it is.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Donovan(less)
Donovan Neal Very glad you enjoyed the book! The second book is already out in print and ebook. The audio version will be out no later than June. We just started p…moreVery glad you enjoyed the book! The second book is already out in print and ebook. The audio version will be out no later than June. We just started production. (less)

Start your review of The Third Heaven: The Rise of Fallen Stars
Carolyn
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
War in heaven. The Bible tells us in Rev. 12:7-8, 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.

I have read this, and Isaiah 14:11-13 many times, and I have never truly thought about what these words mean. I never thought of a literal war in heaven. This book really opened my eyes to the meaning of war in heaven.

The book is intense and I had to p
Herb
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This speculative Christian fiction novel has been described as a prequel to the Bible. Please let me preface this review with a disclaimer. In no way is this book to be taken as a true scriptural approach to the events surrounding the fall of Satan and the rebellion of one third of God's angels. It is what it claims to be: A speculative book. Based on scripture, The Third Heaven gives us a possible behind the scenes look at the events of the great war and fall of Lucifer and his fallen angels. I ...more
Giovanni Gelati
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to have the author on my blogtalk show before I read the novel."The Third Heaven" is a very unique novel of Spiritual Warfare.I thoroughly enjoyed it.The action was intense, the Universe well thought out and formed. I am looking to forward to the next novel in the series.
Peter  Younghusband
This is the first work of writing of Neal's that I have read. But then again, this is the only novel he has written so far!! He does plan on future books. I look forward to them. I had bought this book in November 2013, and it stayed on my To Be Read list until the author contacted me (from finding my blog on a Google search) via email asking if I would review his book. That was not a hard decision to make seeing I had already bought his book and would have left a review anyway as I do for all t ...more
Kimberly A.
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I am always on the fence when it comes to angel-oriented speculative fiction. I decided to try this book because I had only read one other book that focused on the fall of Lucifer.

Plot – Grade A-

The main focus of this book is painting the backdrop of and the first war in heaven. It’s not solely focused on Lucifer, Michael is also one of the primary narrators. Michael and Lucifer, in particular, are referred to as brothers but as the book progress all of the angels refer to other angels as brothe
Hope
I received an electronic copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First Impression: I wanted to read this based of the Prologue sneak peek. It’s not too often someone writes a fictional account of the war between God and Lucifer.

Characters: Man is not the main focus of this story, but rather angels and the battle against their creator. Heaven ends up divided into those with El (God) or with Lucifer (Satan). All Biblical angels are part of “The Third Heaven”, and many that are not
Barbara Ann
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Third Heaven is an imaginative tale that blends biblical scripture from the King James version of the Holy Bible with a fictitious account of the events leading up to the War in Heaven led by an archangel known as Lucifer, the “Son of the Morning Star,” who tries to usurp God’s power, and as a result is cast out of Heaven along with the rogue angels who have chosen to serve him instead of God.

The story is narrated in third person and provides not only Lucifer’s perspective but those of the o
Elle Bee
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do I start? Creative, descriptive, vivid? I say all three. Creativity as well as extensive knowledge on the bible was needed to bring this book into fruition.

The author took something he loved and studied and mixed it with his creativity and vivid imagination to bake something sweet and tasty. Something that not only satisfies our sweet tooth but is also healthy for us!

This book grabs our attention from the start, and, instead of focusing our thoughts on worldly things, it spins our mind
Titan4Christ
Jan 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Larry B Gray
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Third Heaven: The Rise of Fallen Stars by Donovan M. Neal really grabbed me and would not let me go. The action and adventure is nonstop and takes your breath away.

The author did an excellent job of developing a fictional account of the God's creation of the earth and the events of that first week. This story is told from the viewpoint of the angels and shows both their joy at the creation and the jealousy of some. Even though it is fiction, it sticks to the common biblical views and shows t
Allison Kohn
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third Heaven: The Rise Of Fallen Stars by Donovan Neal uses the language especially created by King James for his translation of the Bible, creating an ambience of royalty. Pigment and power bring metaphor, symbol, image, and allusion to life as the artist weaves Bible lore and fable together in this thrilling tale of suspense.
Donovan uses earthly things to describe spiritual things. He makes things that happened in heaven a pre-curser to things that happened on earth – in a way, an explanation
Hadena James
Disclosure: I received this book free in exchange for my honest review. My review contains no spoilers.

In all fairness, this was a very good book. The prose was beautifully written and in some ways, lyrical. The plot was well thought out and developed. The characters were interesting and understandable.

Unfortunately for me, I got bogged down by all the details. There was so much descriptive prose, some of it very repetitive, that it had problems keeping my interest.

I gave it 3-stars because it
Misty Iputi
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Third Heaven is written that it could have been describing a picture or the actual place and event. This is more than a story about war in Heaven and creation there is the show of love and power along with justice of God or EL as the book calls Him.

This book is a page turner and one that could be read more than once.
Josephine
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

I loved the way he quoted from the Bible as so many verses can have meaning for more than one time. I loved the new ideas as to how this could have happened and the timeline for angels falling. It might not be true, but the ideas make sense, which in turn makes the Bible seem more understandable. It's easy to see how Lucifer, thinking so highly of himself, thought too highly, and made mistaken assumptions. I loved the question asked of him..." What shall I do to the one I wish t
Pamela S Eveland
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent work of fiction. Great imagery. Ingenious exploration of creation, Heaven, and the fall of Lucifer. While it does contain Biblical concepts and quotes, it also weaves in mythology and relies heavily on the author's creativity. This problem may be limited to the electronic translation, but improperly used and misused punctuation was so prevalent it often broke the flow of the storyline. I was also put off by Mr. Neal's use of the word Elohim, which traditionally means the Trinity, Fathe ...more
Arthur Schaffer
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a unique read and story overall. A little hard to follow at times due to the many names of the Angels and all involved in the story. After knowing the definitions of the many names thru out, it was a easier read. I know the names were all explained at the end of the story but maybe it should be in the front of the story as it is easier to go backwards to the front , than all the way to the end . Maybe even have a separate booklet for all the names for all mentioned in your future book ...more
Kimberly E. Soenyun
Well told!!

What an amazing read. This book pulled me into it like a vision, as I read the story the vision of all the writer is describing just pops out from his description and pulls you in. I loved every bit of this book. It oddly makes complete sense to me. I have no problem believing that this is the way things have been done throughout the beginning of creation. Can’t wait so find out how mankind fares in the end. As of the present, we can see Lucifer and his legions are not even bothering
Sean Helms
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars. If not for the numerous typos, which could have been eliminated by a decent proofreader, this would have been a five star read.
The story of creation by God and the fall of Lucifer with his misguided and malcontent followers was a riveting read for me. The Pastor who wrote this tale showed a full knowledge of the Bible as he used the scriptures for the main template for the story (as it had to be!). He brought the individual characters to life and distinction to the various types of
Mary A.
For a Christian, not very worthy

I was apalled that the word of God was misused in this book. For those who seek, words of Christ spoken by Lucipher is not acceptable....it is deceiving that Holy Scripture should be so misused. Great that God's word is spoken, but in such a way...NO!
Rhonda Lucas-Wright
Loved this book

This was an exciting book for me to read. I love the world of fantasy and fiction together. I found myself referring to my bible often to find the angels and demons within the pages. I would love to see within the author and his thought process as he writes his stories.
Sandy
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!

This book was fantastic. Full of excitement, great detail....I could picture everything in my head. It was very hard to put down. I absolutely recommend it! Fantastic read!!
Shannon Kelley
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, fantastic angelic fiction

While this book is a work of fiction, it allows the reader to glimpse what occurred during biblical creation through the imagination of a very talented writer.
June Sanderson saxton
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't like it much. Too much of a departure from what I have heard about the war in heaven. According to it, it didn't take much time for Lucifer to go from a beloved son of God to Satan!! His whole concept is just tooooo out there!!! I won't be reading any more in the series!
Styles
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You. Must. Read!

Read it. Just read it. Seriously, what are you waiting for? Don't bother reading anymore reviews when you could be experiencing this epic tale now!! Go read the story man!
S Hartje
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book one

I found this version of the ultimate beginning of everything both fascinating and horrific. That anyone who actually walked with God could ever go against Him is mind-numbing to me.
Franklin
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

I love this book, the story telling is amazing, the attention to detail and the way scripture was tied into, makes is wonderful read. Now, I’m about to start the next one
Kathie Davis
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best

I never wanted to put it down. It really gives you a new outlook on what always seemed vague. I just loved it. I just bought the other two books. Can't wait to get started reading them. Thanks Mr. Neal
Deane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Richly developed illuminating prose

A great book giving place and expanding upon many Celestial beings and realms which it seems the Scriptures are minimalist. A great thought provoking work.
Dennis Stevenson
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating imagination

Very creative take on heaven and the fall of Lucifer. The concept of the Angelic realm is as well thought out (and complex) as any I’ve seen. I found it stimulating.
Gary Salvato
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent imaginative perspective of the interaction between angels and God Almighty. I was hooked right from the start to the very end.
« previous 1 3 next »
Christian Readers: 2 free copy's of an aduiobook to giveaway 1 4 Aug 10, 2014 10:10PM
Willing To Review...: Review a book about the fall of Lucifer 4 14 Mar 28, 2014 01:38PM

• The Third Heaven: Realm of the Dead
  • The Loyal Angel
  • Bloodline of the Scrolls: Echoes of Truth; Clouds of Darkness (The Portal Series Book 2)
  • Enoch Primordial (Chronicles of the Nephilim #2)
  • Eden: Biblical Fiction of the World's First Family
  • Abraham Allegiant (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 4)
  • Joshua Valiant (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 5)
  • Gilgamesh Immortal (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 3)
  • Noah Primeval (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 1)
  • Guiding Emily: A Tale of Love, Loss, and Courage
  • When They Find Us (Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller Book 3)
  • The Last Orphan
  • The Preacher’s Pregnant Bride
  • Corrupt Justice: A Legal Thriller (Tex Hunter Book 3)
  • The Boat Man (Reed & Billie, #1)
  • Wildlife (Wildlife #1)
  • Don't Ever Forget (Adler and Dwyer, #1)
  • Star Kingdom Boxset (Star Kingdom #1-3)
Donovan Neal M. S. N. P. has served in the ordained ministry and as an instructor in the Bible for 20 years, and is the author of the self-published book, ‘The Gospel Explained.’ Donovan is also a prolific songwriter and singer having written over 50 different songs of praise and worship for the local church, and has performed in various schools and churches in the Ministry of Christian rap.

Donov

News & Interviews

“Objectivity begins with the realization that one is subjective.” 2 likes
“Knowledge is not necessary for obedience, nor doth information replace faith. El hast commanded. We shall obey” 0 likes