Start by marking “One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #2)

One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  560 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
Sarah Cooley has come home to Last Chance, New Mexico, for one reason–because it doesn’t change. After an engagement gone bad with a man who wanted to change everything about her, Sarah is more than ready for the town whose motto may as well be, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
Published May 6th 2014 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published April 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about One More Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Last Chance

Carole Jarvis
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sometimes a story or author's style will just click with me, and that is the case here. This is not a deep or difficult story to read, but rather charming and entertaining, with good characterization and well-developed plot - a "feel good" story that often had me reading with a smile. (Review continued at http://tinyurl.com/mzyt6qs)
April
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful and wonderful story!

Cathleen Armstrong has become one of my absolute favorite authors. She writes clean, emotionally gripping and character-driven stories that reach out and wraps itself around the reader. I loved the characters in this story and the way I quickly was able to get hooked within their story. There was humor, heart-wrenching, smile inducing moments all the way through. I can't wait to dive into the 3rd story of this series!
Brittany
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I recently read Welcome to Last Chance and fell in love with the small town and the people of Last Chance, New Mexico. So, I was very excited to read the second book in the series. I was not disappointed. If you have not read the first book in the series, don’t worry, you won’t be lost. One More Last Chance can definitely stand alone. But I am glad I have read both books. Each one is very good.

In One More Last Chance, Sarah Cooley has come home after college and is ready to start her teaching ca
Dawn
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sarah Cooley has returned to her hometown of Last Chance, New Mexico as a new 2nd grade teacher. She's thrilled to be back in Last Chance because nothing ever changes there. Yet, unknown to Sarah, change is coming. Chris Reed is the new owner of the Dip-n-Dine diner and would love to change things on the menu. Yet everything that he tries is consistently vetoed by his cook.When he suddenly finds himself caring for his seven year old niece, he comes to realize that sometimes change is good.

This
Kav
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the A Place to Call Home series is just as incredible as the first! And we're right back in Last Chance, New Mexico with the same collection of well-meaning town busy bodies who don't know the meaning of the word 'no'. They just bulldoze their way through any situation with enough love to make up for their lack of finesse. I want to live in Last Chance!

And everyone needs a grandmother like Elizabeth. Spunky and gracious and full of unconditional love. There are life lessons
Karen
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

This is actually the second book in a series, but it is very easily a stand along book. I have not read the first book and I did not feel that I had missed anything important to this story.

Sarah is a recent college grad who has returned to her hometown of Last Chance to begin her teaching career. One of the first people she meets when she returns home is Chris, the new owner of (apparently the
Steven D. Davey
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book. A day in the life of Last Chance.

A wonderful story about how some places never appear to change, yet they do in a constant stream of time. Sarah returns to Last Chance running away from someone and running to a familiar place. She learns the truth about her past relationship with Brandon, and with a little guidance she learns the truth about her future. GOD has a way of letting you know when you're with the right person. Sarah learns to listen to that still small voice.
Barbara Griffin
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I suppose I should have read book #1 first. But that did not pose a problem, really. I enjoyed the visit to Last Chance, New Mexico. A fun read with intriguing characters. If you like lite fiction, this might be the book for you.
Colletta Miller
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable read :)
Rachel Marie
This review first appears on

Let's just get it out of the way: I had huge problems with the main character. From the get-go, she annoyed me. Although that was one of the reasons I couldn't fully enjoy this book, I also found myself not really being able to get into it, fully emmerse myself in the story.

Now, I will say, I didn't read the first book in the series. But as this was one of those series where the MC's of the first book only make an appearance, and there are all new MC's, I didn't have
Shana Taylor
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the characters and storylines.
Wanda
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Present Day - Last Chance, New Mexico

"...If you end the Lord's Day more tired than you began it, you might need to rethink the way you spend it." -Elizabeth

This is book two in the 'A Place to Call Home' series and it's about Sarah Cooley and Chris Reed. Sarah had recently returned to her hometown of Last Chance after graduating college and breaking it off with Brandon, the guy she had been dating since her sophomore year. Brandon was controlling and always making her decisions for her and Sarah
Lisa Johnson
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Title: One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home #2)
Author: Cathleen Armstrong
Pages: 304
Year: 2014
Publisher: Revell
The novel that begins this series is titled, Welcome to Last Chance, which was released August 2013, and here is the sequel. One of the positives about this sequel is that some of the main characters have remained while others are in the background, along with some new players who want to bring changes to Last Chance. The small town, however, fights change at first even the menu at
Mercedes Cordero
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Sarah is not a character that’s difficult to figure out. Things have not gone the way she wanted in her love life; she’s been hurt, she’s disillusioned, and she feels lonely so now she just want the security, love and assurance of home. Haven’t we all felt the same way at some point? Chris, however, wants change, well, at least change a few things around the Dip ‘n’ Dine; maybe add a new plate to the menu, but he soon finds out the towns’ people are pretty much as stubborn and as completely agai ...more
Jimmie
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked it!
Amy Dewey
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am truly enjoying this series. I can't wait to see who comes into Last Chance in need of healing next. This book touched my heart as I can identify with poor little Olivia. Mrs. Armstrong paints a portrait of a small town everyone would want to call home with rich characters you find yourself falling in love with. Thank you...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
The scene where Chris is speaking to Kaitlyn about becoming Olivia's legal guardian was desperately needed for my own personal healing. I truly hope
Faith
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series.
Cathleen Armstrong's books are delectable. Sometimes bittersweet, very down-to-earth and always uplifting, they've got a perfect tagline: Grace with a side of Green Chile.

How could I not love last Chance, New Mexico? The folk of this town are salt of the earth, from Juanita who ends every piece of advice with "Just a word to the wise," to Ben, the Sheriff's Deputy who's right there when you need him.
They appreciate their humble roots, retain their rural ranching heritage, an
Jalynn Patterson
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Chris Reed, on the other hand, wants nothing more than to spark some change in the little town. As the new owner of the Dip ‘n’ Dine, he’s shaking things up to draw folks from all over the Southwest into h
Victor Gentile
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cathleen Armstrong in her new book, “One More Last Chance” Book Two in the A Place To Call Home series published by Revell introduces us to Sarah Cooley.

From the back cover: Some things never change…and some things change you forever.

Sandra
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sarah Cooley is happy to be home in Last Chance, New Mexico---a place where nothing ever changes---until she meets the new owner of the Dip 'n' Dine.

Chris Reed sees nothing wrong with shaking things up a bit if it will bring people into his diner. It's the residents of Last Chance, including Sarah, who insist on leaving well enough alone.

Some things never change ... and some things change you forever.

That tagline sums up the theme of One More Last Chance, the second book in Cathleen Armstrong'
Iola
It seems I'm in the minority in not enjoying this book.

Chef Chris Reed has recently moved to the small town of Last Chance where he has taken over the Dip ‘n’ Dine diner with the hope of turning it into a destination restaurant—a plan that might be foiled by stuck-in-the-mud employees, and the fact he now has to care for his seven-year-old niece, Olivia. Sarah Cooley has returned to Last Chance to teach second grade, having recently broken up with her college boyfriend, Brandon Miller, as he wa
Carolyn
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As seen on my blog:

Hey, Folks!

I just finished reading Cathleen Armstrong's "One More Last Chance," book number two in the "A Place to Call Home" series. This title was preceded by 2013's "Welcome to Last Chance," which I offered my thoughts about in an earlier post on this site. Access to this particular novel was granted to me free of charge by the "Revell Reads" program. In exchange, I am to share my candid feedback with everyone looking at this.

Sarah Cooley came home from college after grad
Mardell
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
A lot of people go to college with the express idea of getting out of town and looking for a new life that is more exciting than their home town. For Sarah Cooley coming home to Last Chance, New Mexico has always been her plan. Last Chance never changes and that is exactly why she wanted to come home and teach school like her grandmother before her. Sarah left behind a broken relationship with her college sweetheart who wanted to live the high life with his upward climb to success.

Chris Reed bou
Sally
Welcome back to Last Chance, New Mexico. There have been a few changes since we last visited in Welcome to Last Chance. There’s no longer a bar in town, since Ray and Lainie moved to Santa Fe. The Dip ‘n’ Dine is still open, but it’s now owned by outsider Chris Reed. He wants to put some creative southwestern dishes on the menu, but the locals seem to prefer what’s already there. The town busybody – and Lainie’s former nemesis – is on his staff, and she’s never short of an opinion. The town’s ma ...more
Rambling Readers
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the second novel of "A Place to Call Home" series, readers will re-visit the small town of Last Chance, New Mexico. Although "One More Last Chance" is a stand-alone novel, Cathleen Armstrong introduces two new main characters while also highlighting colorful supporting characters that are well-known to readers of "Welcome to Last Chance."

While Sarah Cooley is a Last Chance native who is returning to town to find stability and comfort after breaking up with her boyfriend, Chris Reed is a new
Tamara Tilley
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
ONE MORE LAST CHANCE is the second book in the A Place Called Home series by Cathleen Armstrong. ONE MORE LAST CHANCE is an easy read, with a simple love story. Nothing too outlandish to stretch the imagination, but a feel good book just the same.

Sarah Cooley has returned to Last Chance, New Mexico, her hometown. Taking a job as a school teacher and being near family were perks, but the main reason she’s returned to Last Chance is because nothing ever changes there. Ever. After a failed relation
Maureen Timerman
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Oh how wonderful to be reunited with loved ones, that is exactly how I felt when I picked up Cathleen Armstrong’s new book One More Last Chance. This is a story of a returning college graduate, and Granddaughter of Elizabeth, Sarah Cooley. She wants to return to Last Chance, the place she grew up in and begin her teaching career.
A new comer, Chris Reed, now owns the Dip ‘n’ Dine, and we enjoy again the antics of Juanita and the famous cook Carlos. You will enjoy the banter between these folks; t
Meagan Myhren-bennett
One More Last Chance
A Place to Call Home 2
By Cathleen Armstrong

Chris Reed is determined to make the Dip 'n' Dine his own, but Last Chance, New Mexico, doesn't like change at least not at the Dip 'n' Dine. But this has been Chris's dream to own his own place and to create the food he loves. But in typical fashion of a small town everyone seems to be against his ideas. Or do they?

Sarah Cooley has just returned home with her teaching degree in hand and she's determined that everything in Last Chanc
Kate (The Shelf Life)

I have really started to enjoy contemporary fiction lately, so when I saw One More Last Chance, I knew I wanted to try it. I had heard some good things about Cathleen Armstrong's first book, Welcome to Last Chance.

I enjoyed this small town community. People looked out for each other and helped. It amplified my desire to move to a small town. The main characters really popped in this story, along with the minor characters.

Sarah is desperate to get back to her old way of life. To live in the norm
Beckie Burnham
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked Cathleen Armstrong’s novel, Welcome to Last Chance. But I think I liked this book even more. She introduces three new characters to the already strong cast found in book 1. And while this book may be contemporary romance, the small town feel and the themes of change and fitting in make this more than a simple love story.

Chris Reed is the new owner of the Dip n Dine in Last Chance, New Mexico. He has great hopes for adding creative new dishes to the diner’s menu, but there’s strong
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 04, 2015 11:30AM
  • At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads, #1)
  • A Bouquet of Love (Weddings by Design #4)
  • Here to Stay (Where Love Begins, #2)
  • One Perfect Spring
  • Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family, #4)
  • Fatal Exchange (Southern Crimes #2)
  • A Reason to Stay (Texas Gold, #3)
  • Gone Without a Trace (Logan Point, #3)
  • While Love Stirs (The Gregory Sisters, #2)
  • Betting on Hope (Four of Hearts Ranch Romance #1)
  • The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #1)
  • Meant to be Mine (Porter Family, #2)
  • Wildwood Creek (Moses Lake, #4)
  • Blind Trust (Port Aster Secrets, #2)
  • A Broken Kind of Beautiful
  • Beyond the Silence

A Place to Call Home (4 books)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #1)
  • At Home in Last Chance (A Place to Call Home, #3)
  • Last Chance Hero (A Place to Call Home, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be