Start by marking “In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale, #3)” as Want to Read:
In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale, #3)

In Perfect Time

(Wings of the Nightingale #3)

Bold, sophisticated, and coy, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts wherever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her.

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and souther
Published August 5th 2014 by Revell

Start your review of In Perfect Time (Wings of the Nightingale, #3)
Andrea Cox
What a swell novel! This one charmed me all the way through. I admire how the author kept to chastity and high morals even when dealing with messy pasts, as well as presents, in both of her leads. That's a tricky balance to find, but Mrs. Sundin used artistry and creativity to perfection. This is by far my favorite of her novels that I've read. I have a feeling I'll be rereading it many times in the coming years. I wish I could gush about my favorite part... but it contains major spoilers. So, d ...more
Hannah
A delightful story! I loved Kay's story so much. This gal has been hurt so much in the past that she needs a whole lot, emotionally. She's played with fire by flirting with half the men she meets, and she's just about lost control of it. I especially enjoyed seeing more of Mellie and Georgie from the previous books (this series must be read in order).

Christian message: strong. Evangelical. How we become a new person and how our past will no longer define who we are in the future.

Conten
Faith
OHMYGOODNESS. This will take an eternity to review. But...I shall try....someday.

Bottom line, that last chapter was fab. Can't we please have a Nightingale follow-up though? All them five years later? That would be so awesome. :)
Maria
Flight nurse Kay Jobson has always used her beauty and body to flirt with lots of men. Having fun is the only thing that interests her and she loves that nobody can resist her. Only one man seems immune to her charm, pilot Roger Cooper, who does anything he can to avoid Kay, the most dangerous woman he has ever met. Intrigued by his behaviour, Kay tries to get to know him better but her past does not want to let her go. Will she find a way to prove herself and the others that there is more behin ...more
Abbi
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing! I loved every minute! Full review to come once I post it on my blog (if I remember!)
Kellyn Roth
Reread May 23rd 2018:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Okay, that's enough screaming. Let me just say ... this book is AMAZING. Once again, that is.

The thing that really stood out in this read-through to me: drummers are so annoying. I'm sorry, but my little brother and Roger just need to find a sound-proof somewhere away from me because THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Also, actual dialogue between me and my best friend after our last concert:

Bay: I saw you turn around and glare at James ... what happene
Jesseca Wheaton
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I'll start this review off by saying that I have loved every other book I have read by Sarah Sundin, however, this book I wasn't able to finish.
Once I realized that this book was about Kay, I was really looking forward to reading it! I started it, enjoyed the first couple chapter, and then. . .yeah.
Kay's past didn't really bother me. I think it really gave some insight into her character, and it really helped the reader understand her on a whole new level. (view spoiler)
Anne
Where to even begin? In Perfect Time was just that, perfect. A pure delight from start to finish with abundant descriptions, an exciting setting, a powerful romance, and enough adventure to last a lifetime. Complete with a sassy, independent and courageous heroine, and the most heroic of heroes (and one of the swooniest).

I knew from the moment I met him in With Every Letter (book 1) that I'd fall madly in love with Roger Cooper, but I remember being a little disappointed that Kay would be the he
Aerykah
What a great finale to this series! I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and regret putting off reading these books for so long. They are definitely not a waste of time. World War II is one of my favorite times to read about and this series "put a new spin on it" for me. I loved the characters-- thought they were well written. I was drawn into the story quite quickly and, whenever I finished one book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next one.

With this book in particular, I really liked seeing
Kate
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this may have been my favourite of the entire series, which is saying something, because I really enjoyed the first 2! I love how the author took 2 seemingly very different characters ('good boy' Roger and 'bad girl' Kay) and showed how, at their hearts, they were still struggling to overcome lies they'd been told about themselves for their entire lives.
I thought both character arcs were very well done, and I loved seeing how they both learned to overcome those nagging voices in the bac
Loraine
SUMMARY: Two hearts are about to learn the rhythm of love

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and sup
Shantelle
No one can write World War II tales quite like Sarah Sundin. In Perfect Time is the third book in the series Wings of the Nightingale, and we dive back into the world of flight nurses, plane crashes, and unexpected true love.

Kay's story finally comes to life. Being the group beauty, she accustomed to men flocking behind her, and having a new date for each day of the week. With her looks, she seeks to control men, and get back at her father for the deep wounds he caused her. Meanwhile, Cooper is
Sarita
The final segment of the Wings of Nightingale series was by far the strongest and most favourite for me.

Salvation and redemption through God was the key theme for me and so strong in both Kay and Roger's past. Sometimes it is so easy to accept God's salvation and know you are redeemed, but to actually understand that He has made you worthy through that process is so difficult to grasp. This was evident in both Roger and Kay's struggle to know they are good enough, their dreams have value no matt
Hayden
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
What I love about Sarah Sundin's books is that she really gets me emotionally invested in her characters; that doesn't normally happen for me in a lot of modern/Christian fiction, and so I always end up really surprised by how sucked into her books that I get! She always creates such unique, real characters that I feel like I really know.

I really enjoyed In Perfect Time. The characters were flawed, but so likable at the same time- I didn't think I was going to like the flirtatious Kay, but I was
Olivia
I tried to enjoy this book and I honestly feel like apologizing to all those that loved this book...I really tried! In some aspects I enjoyed it, but the back and forth of emotions drove me crazy and by the end I was like "Just TALK FOR GOODNESS SAKES!" The spiritual content was great and the setting superb (how could it not be?...Sarah Sundin writes it the best!). The drama, romance and repetitive statements really got to me. I understand that the particular things the characters dealt others w ...more
Staci
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
In Perfect Time was the final book of the Nightingale series. I enjoyed getting to know more about WWII flight nurses through reading the series. In Perfect Time is Kay and Roger's story. I was very excited to read Kay's story because I knew there had to be some pain behind the party girl persona.

I recommend In Perfect Time for those that enjoy WWII Fiction.

Tricia Mingerink
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great ending to the series! While Kay and Roger aren't my favorite couple in the series (I think Mellie and Tom will forever hold my heart), I still enjoyed seeing their romance. This book definitely had plenty of tense action scenes and times when I held my breath hoping both characters would survive!

Once thing I loved about this book and series is that it carries the characters all the way to the end of the war. The first series by Sarah Sundin I read (her Waves of Freedom series) ends mid-
Christian Fiction Addiction
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
"In Perfect Time" provides a wonderfully satisfying conclusion to the "Wings of the Nightingale" series. Although all the characters from the prior novels make an appearance in this final installment, the focus is on the story of Kay and Roger, and their story will certainly keep you turning the pages. Female readers especially will enjoy the sparks of romance that fly between these two, as they play the age old dance of advancing and retreating in their relationship. Sundin does a great job of ...more
Emilie Haney
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Wings of the Nightingale series, In Perfect Time follows the story of Kay Jobson, a flirt and a heart breaker. She's had her fair share of boyfriends no matter where her duties as a flight nurse take her, but there's one man who doesn't fall prey to her charms-- pilot Lt. Roger Cooper.

Kay is strong willed with a past that influences everything she does. Roger is focused and determined to accomplish his goals. How their story intertwines will keep you turning pages late int
Erin Laramore
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great ending to this series! This is book 3 in the Wings of the Nightingale series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. If you've read the other 2 books, you're familiar with the main characters, Roger "Coop" Cooper and Kay Jobson, as they've been background characters in both of the other books. I was glad to see both of them get their own story and to see what made them tick. As a perfectionist myself, I really related to these characters more than the others in the previous books. Thi ...more
Megan
I loved In Perfect Time so much! This book was another amazing work of writing by the talented Sarah Sundin. I don't know how she does it but every book is better than the last and In Perfect Time is definitely a new favorite.

I love the way the story overlaps with the previous book, On Distant Shores , and you get to see things from the new main characters' perspectives. I also love how interesting WWII history becomes with these books.

The only thing I hate is that this is the last book abou
Cathy
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tippy-top-tbr
This book was full of adventure, suspense, romance and deep spiritual truths. I will admit it took me awhile to relate to the heroine, Kay, but after her past is revealed I really began to admire and respect this character. Roger, the hero, was a model of bravery and courage. There was a really tough part of the book that I don't want to spoil for you, but if you decide to read it, you will see Roger and Kay's love grow through dire circumstances. This is a WWII historical romance and I am in aw ...more
Andrea
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice completion of the nightingale girls stories. It was a good story, but midway through some things started bugging me. Superior officers were either kind or hanging their status over others heads “I out rank you” was said by at least 5-6 people throughout the series. I also felt like Kay wallowed a bit much in her pity party when Roger rejected her. 🤷🏼‍♀️ But that’s one reason I usually don’t read and enjoy romances: I’m not a fan of the “she felt like she would die without him, even though t ...more
My least favorite of the series. I loved some of the faith aspects of the book, and Sundin did a great job with the characters. Yet, I didn't enjoy the story as much. Maybe I didn't connect with the characters like I did in the other books.
Chantel
Such a great book and series! I loved it so much. Review to come.
Bethany
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had heard about Sarah Sundin's books, and always wanted to one day read them. So when I was able to review the third book in her current series Wings of the Nightingale, I was very excited!

I enjoyed reading In Perfect Time a lot, and loved the story! This book is definitely one of those that heavily focuses the plot around the two characters, so occasionally I felt it could have had more sub-plots and further developed other characters in the story; or perhaps expand on the historical details
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
In Perfect Time is the third and final book in the Wings of the Nightingale series. What an incredible read it is! This series follows a group of female flight nurses in World War II. I love how each book builds on the last. (You don't have to read them in order, but I would definitely recommend that you do!) By the time I got to the end of this book, I felt like the characters were friends, and I was so sad to turn the last page.

There are three things that really have hooked me on Sarah Sundin
Jamie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
In the final installment of a Wings of the Nightingale series, readers get to experience Kay’s story as Sarah Sundin once again takes readers back into the European theater of World War II.

For fellow historical fiction fans, I have to say you’ll love the historical research and details. From the work of the nurses, to key events, to encounters of resistance workers, Sundin once again shows her immense strength in historical facts, without boring or overwhelming the reader.

It was also fun to see
Rachelle Cobb
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-read
WWII is not a time period I naturally gravitate toward, except when I'm reading a Sarah Sundin book. This book is no different.

The perils of war are compounded by the tension between two people on a foreign base, and not just any two people: pilot Roger who is redeemed but struggling, and Kay, whose troubled childhood has left her with scars she hides behind numerous boyfriends. Neither seems to let anyone very close, until they each get under the other's skin.

Roger is determined to stay away fr
Casey
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you have followed the Nightingale series at all, you have gotten the chance to really get to know these three nurses fighting to save our boys in WWII. While you don’t need to read them in order to enjoy each novel, I believe you’ll have a stronger appreciation for the depth of characterization-especially for our heroine, Kay.

Kay is the quintessential nurse with a string of boys at every base. To uncover the deep-seated desires she has buried away in her heart and the hurt from her past made
Christian Book Gi...: In Perfect Time by Sarah Sundin ends 8/31/14 1 10 Aug 27, 2014 07:11AM

• On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Where Treetops Glisten: Three Stories of Heartwarming Courage and Christmas Romance During World War II
  • Far Side of the Sea
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • Ring of Secrets (The Culper Ring, #1)
  • Not by Sight
  • A Song Unheard (Shadows Over England, #2)
  • The Best of Intentions (Canadian Crossings, #1)
  • High As the Heavens
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • A Gilded Lady (Hope and Glory, #2)
  • A Wing and a Prayer (The Cousins O'Connor, #1)
  • A Bound Heart
  • Head in the Clouds
  • A Desperate Hope (Empire State, #3)
  • A Name Unknown (Shadows Over England, #1)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
Sarah Sundin enjoys writing about the drama and romance of the World War II era. She is the bestselling author of The Land Beneath Us (February 2020), The Sky Above Us (2019) and The Sea Before Us (2018), as well as the Waves of Freedom, Wings of the Nightingale series, and Wings of Glory series. Her novel The Sky Above Us won the 2020 Carol Award, The Sea Before Us received the 2019 Reader's Choi ...more

Wings of the Nightingale (3 books)
  • With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale, #1)
  • On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale, #2)