Start by marking “Eyes on You” as Want to Read:

A Los Angeles Times "Best of Summer" Read

From New York Times bestselling author Kate White comes a riveting psychological suspense in which a media star must battle a malevolent enemy who may be disturbingly close to her.

After losing her on-air job two years ago, television host Robin Trainer has fought her way back and now she’s hotter than ever. With her new show climbi
Published June 24th 2014 by Harper

Suzanne
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-donated
I really had fun with this book. I had a quiet week with only myself and one other family member. (This situation will cease to be in about 3 hours, bummer). This was sublime, peaceful and quite indulgent, to be honest! This was also how I felt about reading this psychological thriller. So I was a happy gal!

I loved the splattering of red herrings, little things to put me off/confuse/mix me up.. all nicely placed little occurrences and characters to keep me questioning things. It was fun!

Of cours
Nadine Jones
My e-libraries have declared this book to be the Big Library Read. Your library may have declared this too. This doesn't look like the kind of book I'd normally check out, but this year I'm intentionally reading things I wouldn't normally read, so ... here goes ... (I'll start as soon as my loan of The God Delusion expires, in 7 days ....)

Well, this book and I are getting off on the wrong foot, so to speak, because the opening sentences encapsulate all that I loathe about chick lit.
The shoes h
DJ =^^=
The audiobook is horrible!!!! I will not listen to anything that is narrated by that person again. Book wise: didn't enjoy that much
Bren
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery Readers.
review to follow.

Eyes between is was an interesting read. Robin works in television. She has her own show and a book due to come out. She is on top of the world.

Until someone decides she shouldn't be.

It starts with small pranks but quickly escalates into major threats and even bodily harm. Robin has no idea who is doing this to her but she has a few ideas. Unfortunetly she is not being taken as seriously as she would like.

This was a nasty "who done it" that I moderately enjoyed. I have seen one
Patty
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
4.5 Stars

I KNEW IT!!!

**Originally posted on Bookish Wanderlove.**

Opening Lines
“The shoes had made a nasty dent in my paycheck, but I wasn’t sorry I’d splurged. They were Chanel, black-textured with a peep toe and a gold zipper up the back, really more of a booty than a stiletto. And not what you’d ever call “Fuck me” shoes-there was nothing about them that would make a guy want to bed you, unless he was the type who liked a razor-sharp heel at his throat.”
Finally getting around to writing some r
Hayley
Jun 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Trisha
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I've read the first three Bailey Weggins books, and I feel about this stand-alone the way I do about those. I want to like Kate White's books better than I do. They are fast reads; the settings and their peripheral details interest me (magazines, publishing, television, affluent New York, fashion, Society doings); and once I've started the book I have to keep reading to find out what happened. But I can't tell if I actually like the books or enjoy reading them, so it's hard for me to recommend t ...more
Linda Strong
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I have been a fan of Kate White's books since reading Hush and The Sixes.This one certainly did not disappoint.

Robin is on top of the world. She's written a book that's heading for the Top Ten and she's co-anchor of a prospering TV show. But things are starting to fall part. First there's the note stuffed in her purse calling her a not-so-nice name. Then there' the cockroach in her coffee, which I actually thought was worse than the Barbie Doll left for her with the eyes gouged out.

And until the
Dale Harcombe
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Two and a half stars.
Divorce and losing her on air career has left Robin Trainer vulnerable. As a result she feels she must work harder and be better to maintain her role as co-host of a nightly entertainment show. As well she has written a book with sales that have started to take off, so it all seems to be finally going well for her. That is, until things start to go wrong. At first it’s little things but over time the nasty incidents escalate. Until eventually more than her career is at stake
Julie
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eyes On You by Kate White is a 2014 Harper publication.

This book is a part of a “Big Library Read” promotion and so I decided to play along and check this one out with my Overdrive account.

This one starts off strong with the lead character, Robin Trainer, a co-host on a television news magazine show, celebrating her new book, and really feeling her stride, until it becomes apparent that someone wants her out as the host of the TV show and will resort to all manner of cunning to get their way.
Sarah Beth
I received an uncorrected proof copy of this book from HarperCollins.

Eyes On You covers the span of about three weeks in the life of rising television host Robin Trainer, who seems to have an enemy that is stalking and sabotaging her work and career. Beginning with an aggressive note found in her purse, the events escalate to Robin finding a Barbie doll in her office with the eyes slashed out and having her face chemically burned when her set makeup is tampered with. Robin desperately seeks ans
Denise Cornelius
Camie
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Robin Trainer has had a tough background but finally things are going her way. She has a new television talk show and has published a new book that is doing well. Someone however, is not so thrilled about all of her success and sets out to make it known .
This was a quickly read who dunnit which actually was better than I expected. It had some interesting twists, and kept me guessing until the end. A great book for beach or inflight reading. It was chosen for the Overdrive Big Read project , whi
Denise
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Easy, fast summer read. A page turner that does not require a lot of focus. A little like Mary Higgins Clark' mysteries but with a little sex included, a few suspects and the big reveal at the end. I will read more books by Kate White this summer.
Amy Lignor
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The word ‘sharp’ is always used when it comes to this amazing author’s writing, and this new roller-coaster thriller is no exception. In fact, like a great wine, it seems that Kate White’s writing is aging to perfection.

This tale surrounds a definite career woman working in a truly glamorous, not-to-mention, backbiting and mean – business. Robin Trainer has dealt with some pretty serious issues to re-enter that job market; from a divorce that practically annihilated her to losing her on-air job
Laurel-Rain
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Robin Trainer is back at her on-air job as a co-host, after a two-year hiatus. Ratings are climbing and a book she has written is turning into a bestseller.

But a dark and malevolent presence is threatening her very existence, not to mention her career. It is obviously someone she works with, because of the nature and timing of the incidents, but just when she thinks she has figured it out, her bosses turn against her with a startling decision.

How can Robin find out who has been destroying her li
Michal Lynn
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was so close to giving this one star, but I finished it, didn't I?

This book was the equivalent of a terrible Lifetime movie. The plot is cheesy, the end of a chapter means a new bit of suspense, and each character was just unbelievable enough to keep you guessing. But hey, that's why we watch those dumb movies, right?

I wanted a quick and easy thriller and I kinda got one. I was happy to find out that the person I suspected the whole time was, indeed, the guilty party. If they had thrown it a d
Kandice
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive
This month, Eyes on You was featured as OverDrive's Big Library Read. The synopsis made it sound like a quick, suspenseful read and I decided to give it a try.

It was okay, but I wasn't hooked and aching to get back to the story. It's formulaic and somewhat predictable.

I have no idea how books are selected for The Big Library Read, but after reading this one, I'm hesitant to participate in future rounds.
Patricia Williams
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This book a very good light mystery. I did not figure how "who done it" until the very end because there were clues during the story making you think different people were the one so it was a surprise to me and I did think it was some of the different people. So that part of it was a surprise which I enjoyed. Very quick read and interesting mystery. Good insight into tabloid type TV.
Jodi
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Always love Kate White...fun, fast reads.
Shannon Brown
Jun 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ugh. I read this as part of my library's Big Read, and I don't know if I'm more mad at them for suckering me into this or at myself for slogging through to the end.

I've read a couple of White's Bailey Weggins novels, which are mostly dumb fun - quick summer beach reads where everyone's clothes are described in breathless detail and everyone's hair is artfully tousled - so it's not like I was expecting great literature, but this was so irritating.

Every woman but the heroine is evil, two-faced a
April
Eyes on You had me riveted. I literally gobbled 3/4th's of the book in one night and if I hadn't needed sleep I would've finished it all. I don't often fly through a book in one night but this was an easy breezy read and I was definitely in the mood for it, which helps a lot.

There's not that particularly "special" about Eyes on You, it's the typical mystery - someone is stalking Robin the main character who is a co-anchor on a show called The Pulse that deals with various celebrity issues, etc,
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

All eyes on you every night on your TV show can sometimes be hazardous to your health as Robin Trainer has found out.

Was someone jealous of Robin's success or was Robin imagining all the death threats and incidents happening to her at the TV station. Hate notes, voodoo dolls, poison-laced makeup, drug-laced brownies, what else can happen?

As you follow Robin through her days, you will feel her terror at thinking someone is following her or share her fear of wondering what is going to happen next.
Kathy
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes psychological thrillers
I received a copy of Eyes on You by Kate White through Goodreads first-reads program in return for an honest review.

The book description gives a fine description of what the story is about so I won't repeat it here; but no one could have prepared me for the fast-paced, constantly twisting & turning, edge-of-your-seat, psychological suspense that I found inside. This is a book that's a quick-read because you'll find it difficult to put down!

Robin seems to have it all coming together for her
Cynthia Corral
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was chosen as our "Big Library Read" and I'm going to assume was picked by blindfolding a librarian and having her throw a dart at the Fiction section.

WHY??

First, we have our protagonist, who has THE NERVE to be career minded and have a desire to move ahead. We are told this is a bad thing over and over and over. Then we have not one but TWO female villains whose sole motive is that they are jealous. Oh, you know how females are!!! So those women terrorize our heroine, who is portrayed as a
L.E. Fidler
i sort of love kate white books but i also recognize that they're all repetitive, pulpy trash.

do with that what you will.

here, the protagonist's voice (robin trainer!) is remarkably bailey weggins-esque. and the plot is also something vaguely bailey-esque - tv personality lives glamorous but lonely single life in new york after rebuilding her career after her messy-ish divorce! then, SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT HER TO SUCCEED!!!

and crazy shit happens...like cockroaches in coffee and ambien-laced browni
Ann
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another fast paced mystery from Kate White. And, again, it kept me guessing till the end.
Mary
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was NOT a psychological thriller. This was more of a Hallmark chick lit mystery movie. I read so many glowing reviews, all about the twists and turns and who could believe who the culprit was??? Seriously? This wasn't the worst book I've read, but it wasn't what everyone cracked it up to be.
Tamara
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted: Traveling With T

Traveling With T was given a copy of EYES ON YOU at BEA 2014.

Eyes on You

Robin Trainer is on top of the world. After losing her on-aire job 2 years ago, she has written a book that has everyone talking and is co-host of a show that is getting rave reviews. Basically, Robin is feeling pretty good about life! Then things start to happen. Her book jackets are torn and a viciously nasty note is left in her purse. When she comes back to her office to find a gr
Buffyanna
Jun 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
How is this a Big Library Read? I didn't like this book. I usually enjoy mysteries/thrillers but when Robin ripped up the threatening note in chapter one, surely I wasn't the only one to say "uh-oh, that's a bad idea, getting rid of evidence." (That's not really a spoiler since it's CHAPTER 1, and you get the gist of it in the book blurb). But she never got any smarter or more sensible from then on. Her obtuseness was a real obstacle to empathizing with Robin's plight or giving a damn what happe ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: Eyes on You by Kate White 1 12 Aug 24, 2015 06:51AM
How did you like this book? 6 29 Jun 30, 2015 06:31AM
Sterling Readers: Eyes on You - Overdrive Summer Read 1 9 Jun 18, 2015 03:08PM
SOS: Serious Over...: Big Library Read, June 9-23 (Public Libraries) 3 28 Jun 11, 2015 09:44PM

• The Girl Next Door
  • House of Glass
  • Death at Gills Rock (Dave Cubiak, #2)
  • The Midnight Side
  • Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)
  • Isa & May
  • Monster's Chef
  • In Malice, Quite Close
  • Came a Shadow
  • The Hot Flash Club Chills Out
  • While America Sleeps: A Wake-up Call for the Post-9/11 Era
  • All the Way Home
  • Under a Silent Moon (DCI Louisa Smith #1)
  • On the Clock (Market Garden, #8)
  • The Bone Seeker (Edie Kiglatuk #3)
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • The Customer is Always Wrong: The Retail Chronicles
  • Dominance
Kate White is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels of suspense: seven Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep. Her next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, will be published on May 7, 2019.

For fourteen years she served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beau
“At forty-one, he was still the quintessential bad boy—charming, at ease in his skin, and great-looking, with deep blue eyes, slicked-back brown hair, and the kind of full, sensuous mouth that bad boys seemed to have an unfair market on.” 2 likes
“I closed the door and sank into my desk chair. My heart was pounding even harder. I felt like someone who had just staggered out of her car after an accident on a freeway. This was different from the cockroach and the books and the Barbie. I’d been injured. Someone had tried to physically harm me.” 2 likes