Start by marking “License to Spill (Pretenders, #2)” as Want to Read:
License to Spill (Pretenders, #2)

License to Spill

(Pretenders #2)

Three girls, two guys, five secret journals.

The five most popular students at Noble High have secrets to hide; secrets they wrote down in their journals. Now one of their own exposes the private entries...

When our parents were growing up they were encouraged to make mistakes. That's how they learned. But us? Our mistakes go viral. There is no delete button on the Internet.
Published June 24th 2014 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about License to Spill, please sign up.
anti-aesthetic The author wanted to continue it, but the publisher decided to end it at the second book. She says she might post the ending on her website/blog(?)

Start your review of License to Spill (Pretenders, #2)
Liliana
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
GAHHHHH THAT ENDING DROVE ME CRAZY
Colette
Such a great sequel! Hope book 3 comes soon!
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-2014
The journals continue and new lies and secrets are revealed... Jagger isn't at all what he seems... then again he never was, was he? Sheridan is still shooting to be a star at all costs and struggling to accept herself, Andrew is basking in the glory of basketball fame while trying to get Trandemic off his back, Vanessa is still Vanessa, and Lily is just trying to fit in one way or another.

My Thoughts:
This is my guilty pleasure series!! Is it Earth-shattering? Of course not. Is it going to
Beezoo
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I WISH THAT THE 3RD BOOK WAS PUBLISHED!!! Oh my goodness guys... This book was just, wow! I loved it SO much! Both books are incredible! <3
emma
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I only read this book bc the first one cut off so abruptly I was curious to see if Harrison was pulling a power move or just desperate to keep her readership by leaving them hanging, and it was definitely the latter. this is somehow even worse than Pretenders.
Mirkat
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not all that Pretendy I'm going to link back to my last progress update on this book, as I don't feel I have all that much to add to it, even twice+ as many pages later.  The things that didn't make sense as of page 151 still didn't make sense on page 335, and the punning/wordplay only grew more obnoxious.  The epilogue called back to the prologue by hoping that this middle installment had provided more resolution than it predecessor.  Well, okay--I'll give it that.

I didn't hate the
Abby Robinson
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the squeal to Lisi Harrison's first "Pretenders" novel, we follow our five main characters right where we left off. This novel is written to entertain and relate to teenagers going through awkward and stressful moments like Vanessa, "Jagger", Sheridan, Lily, and Duffy. No matter what kind of person you are, you can relate to one of these individuals. Whether you're a nerd, lire, actress, geek, or jock, you'll find someone to love. This book is great for any teen.
The theme of this book is that
TJL
...What?

This is the last book in the series. There is no indicator that a third is coming (this was written in 2014, as I write this it's 2017), and that ending was...

Not representative of that. There really was no closure to this book/series at all, barring a third book being written.
Jamie Oberheu
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
It was better than the first one. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long between the two, but it still was just okay...
Deborah Morgan
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book 2 - picks up right where 1 left off continuing the adventures of the Phoenix Five. I loved the twist at the very end for Jagger.
Aliena Jackson
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Better than the last book, but its been five years and I need to know where the conclusion is. ...more
Mariah
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This book wasnt much better than the first book in its series however the main thing that kept me from rating it lower than 3 stars was the fabulous cliff hanger at the end that made me want to keep reading it. Overall though, this book still features the same over dramatic and stereotypical high schoolers that the first book features so if the first book was hard for you to get through this isnt that much better of a sequel. Outside of the cliffhanger at the end the book itself and the drama ...more
Brianna
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was an alright follow up to The Pretenders. I read this book in a short two days because it's easy to get sucked into, but I didn't love it as much as the first. It might've been because I haven't read the first one since December, but I think it was because they're wasn't as much mystery around the book. It's comforting to see that Jagger isn't who we really think he is and that everyone's trying to figure out how to make their freshman year great, but it gets a little ...more
Speetah
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just like with the first book of the Pretenders series, this one was full of high school drama. Very "90210", but more PG. I enjoyed the switch in POVs, and it was an easy read. It does end on a cliff-hanger, however, so be ready with the third book (I haven't gotten that far... and I don't think I will be looking around desperately for it).
Kennedy Dunsing
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
License to spill is a great book if you like teen dramas. You have to read the first book, because this is the second one in the series. I gave it a 3/5 because it wasn't my style of book. It is almost like reading peoples journal entries, which is very entertaining. But I would definetly recommend to others who need a different type of book to read.
Anessa
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a lot because i love to see the different perspectives of all the characters because if one thing happens then every character can say how they feel about that one thing. i also love the characters a lot and my favorite characters were Duffy and Sheridan and i loved their relationship with each other.
Bill Fish
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicely done book. Each character has a voice and a mystery that adds to the story while offering insight piecemeal, teasing and enlightening their interactions with each other. Very nicely written. I am a little worried we will never find out who "X" is, since I still haven't heard anything about part 3.
Olivia
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked it but was very disappointed with the ending as it lacked closure on a lot of story lines. All will be forgiven if a sequel comes out though so fingers crossed for a 3rd book in the series!! 🤞
abigail
Jan 13, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020
i mean there was an honest to god reference to how to rock in here so how mad can i really be?
706Kaya
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, it had great suspense but sometimes it was hard to follow all the characters.
706Eleanora
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was a really good book and the end was a cliffhanger. I love all the characters and it made me want to read it more.
Emily
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good! Hope there will be another otherwise this was a pretty decent cliffhanger too
Yralda Cortorreal
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like these pretenders books, but when is the number 3 coming out? Because if this is the end it'll be the worst series ever.
Lacey
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: tbr
Characters sucked. Pretty much everything that happened what completely predictable or completely unrealistic. Only read this because of the cliff hanger.
Claire
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, a much needed follow up of book one. Still, the ending is a bit of a cliff hanger...
Savannah Pire
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
26 lily has a innocent crush on Duffy and it is her first time in a real school
706Kaya
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was very daring and suspenseful, it was always making wonder what was going to come next.
Daniel
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
If you read my review of the Pretenders (the first book in this series), you'll know that it was a pretty dreadful book. Trashy, pretentious, and filled with stupid, annoying characters. But you'll also know that I happened to enjoy it a little bit too, in all its trashiness. License to Spill is no different- the trash factor is still the same, but the only reason I gave it 3 stars was because I learned to enjoy it more.

What do I mean by that? Well, I figured that paying attention to every
Gaele
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 2 Narration 3 Story 2
I had read the first book in this series, and was hoping that the second would actually provide far more resolution than it did. A prologue indicates that the first book ended where it did specifically to test demand for more. For me, that feel manipulative and leaves a bad taste. But, I was hopeful as I started, and prayed that gossip and a what I did today didnt substitute for characters, and the emotions were less overly dramatic
Amy
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
LICENSE TO SPILL is the continuation of the series THE PRETENDERS, which exposes the journal entries of the "Phoenix Five", the 5 most-popular sophomores at Noble High, revealing their secrets and lies they told to others (or themselves) and their struggles from the bottom of the social order to the top. This series lies more on the "young" side of YA, focusing on middle-school-to-high-school tween issues and relationships -- nothing too racy in this book, apart from the occasional make-out ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Bumped (Bumped, #1)
  • What We Buried
  • The Fixer (The Fixer #1)
  • All We Can Do Is Wait
  • Other Broken Things
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Twin
  • Four Three Two One
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Night We Said Yes (The Night We Said Yes, #1)
  • The Art of Losing
  • Making a Play (The Field Party, #5)
  • Just Another Girl
  • The Maddie Diaries: A Memoir
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer
Lisi Harrison is the author of the #1 New York Times best-selling series "The Clique", "Alphas", "Monster High," Pretenders," and her first adult novel: "The Dirty Book Club" out 10.10.17. Lisi was born in Toronto, Canada, and lived in NYC for 15 years while she worked at MTV. She now lives in Laguna Beach, CA and is a member or her own Dirty Book Club.

Pretenders (2 books)
  • Pretenders (Pretenders, #1)

News & Interviews