Start by marking “Sapphire Universe (The Universe Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire Universe (The Universe Series, #1)

Sapphire Universe

(The Universe #1)

Rule #1 Do not ignore the signs.
Rule #2 Pay attention.
Rule #3 The less they know about you, the harder it is for them to hurt you.
Rule #4 Comfort is dangerous. It can be taken away.
Rule #5 Need is a handicap. It can cripple you.
Rule #6 He isn’t what he seems. Don’t trust him.

Simple rules made for a simple purpose. Nina Ryan learned early on in life that if you want to avo
Published February 1st 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire Universe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sapphire Universe

Christy
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

photo ea992f83-7a85-4038-8d29-0672f92bd87f_zps1a2e6743.jpg

Nina is a twenty six year old music teacher. She doesn’t have any family, and only one close friend. She secludes herself. Something happened to her when she was a teenager that changed her world forever. It was terrible and tragic. She saw the signs the Universe was sending, and she ignored them. She won’t let that happen again. Now she pays attention to everything, and she doesn’t take risks.

photo 33eaa860-82d9-430f-8712-9afc31dbe870_zps1be5f859.jpg

Nina lives her life very cautiously. She doesn’t get involved with people, and she doesn’t
Smitten's Book Blog

This book has it all...
Action, drama, swoonworthy romance, kidnapping, tragic pasts, uncertain futures, an abundance of tequila, steaming hot sex and chocolate sauce, naked bodies and the imaginative use of a kitchen table... need I say more?!

I loved this. Sometimes I like to just skim the blurb so that I don't really know what to expect. That's what I did with this. I had a vague idea, but nothing concrete, and I got so much more than I'd bargained for...

I love that the book throws you straight
Chris- Bookaddict
Fabulous NEW COVER

I was sent this book By Devon in return for an honest review . Last night she posted on her page on Fb that she was scared because I was reading it . As I told her I only give my honest opinion about books and I only write awesome reviews about books LOL .. With that being said her goes my thoughts about Sapphire Universe :

Book Blurb :

Some people are so focused on themselves that they miss out on the world around them. These people are consumed with their own pain, trials an
Christina
6 Beautiful loving Stars!!. This is what Romance is all about!!!!!!!

I am so happy I read this book! I seem to have stumbled across it, wasn't sure what to expect, but it blew me away! Devon Herrera, the author, has written this as her first book...well I can tell you...she will be at the top of my list to read again! Her writing style flows so easily, I was enthralled and entranced, the plot was so interesting and the romance was just simply beautiful. There is a bit of suspense mixed in, as wel
Beth Michele
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll start by saying that I'm one of those people who believes in the power of the universe...that people are put in your life for a reason, and that the energy and desires you put out into the world, will eventually come back to you.

Nina believed in the universe and its ability to both please her and hurt her. Without giving too much away, she's experienced trauma. She's been damaged and unfortunately for her, not looking for anyone to repair that damage.

Enter Connor. Sweet, adorable, dreamy Co
Devon Herrera
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am so excited for you all to read this book!

I wrote this for a few reasons. I LOVE a good love story. I mean the kind of love that can endure anything. That unexplainable, magnetic draw, goosebumps and butterflies kind of love that turns into something huge. I am female after all. :)

I also wrote this book because I have met so many people over the years that are so completely focused on themselves that they forget that there are other things out there in life besides there own trials. They try
Nikki Groom
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-o-t
'Some People are so focused on themselves that they miss out on the world around them. Those people are consumed with their own pain, trials and live inside their world never noticing what the universe has to offer outside their bubble. They don't see the paths set before them as is the law of the universe, when you set out on the wrong path, you lose. Nina Ryan was one of those people.'

Nina has had her fair share of pain and grief. Since a tragedy when she was 17, she has taken control of her
J
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

~ Comfort is dangerous. Need is a handicap. Once you get comfortable with something, you stop paying attention. You lose focus on the things that matter and you take things for granted. Comfort gives you a false sense of security and you start to ignore you instincts, you forgot to look around you and defend yourself. Need is much more lethal though, because when you need something, you can't live without it and nothing is forever.~

Well that was Not what I was expecting at all!

Nina has experie
Didi
HMMMM...What to say...

Can I start out with it was okay to good? No. That's too cliche. How about I've read better? No. Still cliche and overdone. Okay, it was your typical new adult with a bit of suspense and action thrown in? Yes. Definitely.

I honestly wanted to like this more. And don't get me wrong, it was decent to good. I wasn't bored and didn't skim or skip any parts. However I was disappointed--a disappointment that happened gradually. This was a typical story of a woman's scarred past ge
Funzee Shu
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Have you been in some kind situation, when you pick one book to read and suddenly you just got "that feels", like, "This one gonna be something ", some kind like that ?

Well, that is exactly what I feel when I first saw and read about this book on Goodreads.
I just "knew" it !
Plop ! Like that !

Maybe, without my knowing it, “the universe” has led me to this book, and wanted me to read it immediately, so that I can meet with a man who has hypnotized all ladies with his sapphire blue eyes. *grinnin
Derna
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
********I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.********

I have to say when I saw the title for this book I thought it was going to be a paranormal romance and not my normal cup of tea, but after reading the synopsis I couldn’t have been more wrong, I knew I wanted to read this one. The reason being is that I’m a strong believer in the power of the Universe and that all things happen for a reason.

I liked the main characters, Nina Ryan was strong, smart, funny
Lelyana
THIS ONE IS ANOTHER 5 STARS READ FROM ME, CONSUMED ME A LOT. BIG TIME!!! AND I FALL IN LOVE WITH CONNOR WRIGHT!!!!

"Come on Nina, you can't avoid doing things just because you're afraid you will get hurt."
"I'll fall. I always fall and I don't do it gracefully. I land hard and I usually break something. I'm a walking disaster just waiting to happen. Don't you understand?"
"I understand Nina, but this time it's different."
"Why? How could this time possibly be any different than the others?"
"It's d
Angie **loves angst**
Reading this book was like inhaling pounds and pounds of sugar. Its just so sweet. if you're looking for a light, sweet romance read with a hint of drama then this is the book for you. I didn't really know much about this book before reading it and went into it completely blind. I'll tell you a little bit about it, for the purpose of this review. When Nina and Connor first meet she does everything to resist the pull she feels towards him and eventually she pushes him away. She's been hurt in the ...more
Heather andrews
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Connor and Nina first meet, something like that doesn't happen very often so to me it was original. I fell in love with Connor right off that and that smart mouth of his, "Your got all defensive. Women always get defensive about their single status. Did you just get dumped or something?" Then there's his intense brutal honesty which is hard to come by now and days from men (well in my experience) "For some crazy, insane reason that I don't even really understand, I want to be with you ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
You can't like them all. I saw this floating around my feed and then saw that it was a Freebie on Amazon so I figured, why not? It has some really good reviews and I believe all of them, this just didn't work for me. I did finish it and didn't give up. I thought for sure I would end up loving this book. It started out perfectly and I really liked Nina. I liked how her and Connor met and enjoyed her inner dialogue. Then, I don't know, they got together and I didn't like Nina anymore or her inner ...more
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
I really need to look at the blurb before I start reading a book. Perhaps I misinterpreted the title, but I was somehow mistakenly under the impression that this was a Sci-Fi novel. Imagine my surprise when Sapphire Universe turned out to be a New Adult romance novel by debut author, Devon Herrera. Only s few pages in to the book and I was mesmerized, laughing at the spunky personality of protagonist, Nina Ryan, as she ranted about surly bus drivers and dodged the attention of a particularly cha ...more
Natalie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am going to let you in on a little secret. Now don't go thinking I am some crazy new aged hippie but like Nina, the main character in the book, I truly do believe in the power of the Universe. If you pay close enough attention to what is happening around you, you are able to see that the Universe is guiding you. It is pushing you into certain situations like in Nina's case taking the bus to work because your car wont start. If Nina was not guided by the Universe in that moment she may have nev ...more
Laura Elizabeth
Wow. What a diamond in the rough, needle in a haystack! What do I mean? I mean that I got this off Amazon FOR FREE, and it turned out to be one of the better reads this year. And truth the fact, I've read a lot this year and its only May.

The story picks up immediately (which I love, especially when you have trouble jumping from finishing one book to another); the characters leave an impression and you find yourself wanting to know them- everythign about them.

I loved the story, and how the char
Crystal
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK first off.....what a freaking incredible read!!! I almost got away without shedding a tear and then BAM...it happened.

The Universe has a way of working; this we all know. But for Nina Ryan, it seems like the Universe is always against her. Then she meets HIM on the bus. And her whole Universe is thrown upside down and back again. Conner weaseled his way into her life and now she can't seem to live without him.

Sapphire Universe is all about finding love and forgiveness. Devon did such an amaz
Stephanie Morrow
Holy batman,......what an awesome read. Ms Herrera had me from the bus ride. I love Connoe and Nina together. These two compliment each other so well. He's hot and sexy and she's sure that he's gonna break her heart. Connor convinces her to put her insecurities aside and take a chance. Nina agrees, knowing that Connor is caught in the middle of a murder investigation. Nina has a troubled past and can't trust because of what happened to her parents.
The secondary characters are just as lovable. L
Hooked On Books
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: most-read-2013
Sapphire universe is a dramatic story with lots and lots of action. A well written novel that keeps the reader engaged and wondering what will happen next. I found this book an exciting read and it kept me guessing as to how it would unfold. The characters (a music teacher and a CEO's assistant) were well described. The storyline grips the reader and I found myself not being able to put this book down until completion. You will become attached to the characters because of the mystery surrounding ...more
Meh. This was a little too cute, good, cliche, and predictable.

I think Connor needed to be more dynamic. He was kinda flat. Also, I like a bad boy and Connor wasn't bad enough for me :(.

I really liked Nina. I liked her sass and wit.

The story wasn't believable. Everything that happened, I was like, "really?"

I was holding out for the "secret" that Connor had in New York. I thought maybe was in the mafia or something really dangerous, but the actual "secret" was a let-down :( and anti-climactic. I
Amanda
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me forever to finish this book. I would put it down and then go back to it saying I was going to finally finish it! I did that several times before I thankfully got to the end. Can't really pin point what it was about this book that didn't hold my interest? The book was well written and the story had a nice flow too it...maybe I am just crazy. Yes, I will read Book 2 just because I want to see how the other couples turn out! Although Conner is an ultimate HOTTIE!!!
Lorie Berger
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read
I love that this book gets straight in from the start. Nina is having one of those days where everything seems to be going wrong for her. Late to work because of car problems she has to ride the bus. In steps Connor and though she tries to ignore him she just can't seem to. I don't like to give to much away on my reviews so let me just say if you like drama,angst,action,suspense,romance and heroes, this book has it all!
Lesa
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a wonderful book! I literally read this in two days. The author gives you so much detail and you fall in love with the characters immediately! I could not put this book down. I laughed, I cried, and it kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. This author does not disappoint and I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone!! I cannot wait to see what the author comes out with next!!
Kimberly
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
A nice relaxing read perfect for a rainy afternoon with some good music and a glass of wine.

The characters are not perfect, which I think makes the story all the more enjoyable.

The drama, love, friendship along with a touch of the criminal aspect make for a perfect chick lit. Can't wait for the next story in the series - Lola is a hoot.
Theresa
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Only doing quick reviews lately so I'll just say loved it! But I only give 5 stars to books I just can't get enough of or out of my mind so maybe in another few weeks I'll change this to a 5. I love a book with an actual story, action, suspense besides the romance that is well written & this has it all. Great Job!!
Kendra Yurek
I totally loved this book! It the first book I have read in a very long time. The book keep me interested and the charter relationships were cute, fun and made you want one just like it. The mystery of the story line was great. All around the author did a great job in her first release and I believe she will do well! I would yup of buy it again.
Ashley
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have given this book four stars if she didn't keep going on and on about his "sapphire eyes". There's only so much I can take! Also, I felt like their relationship moved way too fast. Slow it down folks!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sebastian: The Complete Series
  • MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Play With You (Loneliness, #1)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Love of Truth
  • Beneath the Stain - Part Seven
  • Dangerous Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Broken to Pieces
  • Block and Strike
  • Reunited (Rescued Hearts, #2)
  • Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2)
  • Can't Let Go
  • Dalton (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #4)
  • Seeing Red (Seeing Red, #1)
  • Nexus (Supernova Saga, #3)
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
I am a wife of a U.S Army Soldier and mother of a beautiful little girl. I work for the Wyoming Department of Revenue in Cheyenne Wyoming, and no we don't still ride horses out here. I've been in love with reading since I first discovered the Harry Potter series in 4th grade. I don't just read a good book I devour it. After reading hundreds of novels I finally bit the bullet and sat down to write ...more

The Universe (2 books)
  • Dark Universe (The Universe Series #2)
“I will always carry you Princess. Not everyone can say they have held their entire Universe in their arms.” 8 likes
“What do I need to do to get you to trust me?   What do you want from me?”   He yells. I steel myself and look up into his panicked eyes and fight the pull I feel at coming in contact with those sapphires again.   “Nothing! I don’t want anything from you!”   I shout out the biggest lie I have ever told in my entire life.   Connor’s eyes widen at my words and his face falls, every ounce of fire gone from his gaze.   He backs away then smiles weakly at me.
“Well, Merry Fucking Christmas Nina, because you have it all anyway.”
7 likes