Start by marking “Grounded By You” as Want to Read:
Grounded By You

Grounded By You

(A Willoughby Inn Love Story #2)

Lights, camera, and passions flare when a small town boy gets the break of his career. As the lines of life and art blur together, can he also find a way to win the love of the girl who got away?

Carter Samuel Groveson.

His name is on the lips of every woman in the country who has a pulse. An actor plucked from obscurity to star in the most anticipated movie of the century,
Published November 20th 2013 by Createspace (first published November 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Grounded By You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grounded By You

Rose
Quick review for a quick read. Ivy Sinclair's "Grounded by You" is a decent story in the scheme of new adult, probably one I'd give 2.5 stars to overall for how it held my attention. The story toggles between two perspectives. Millie (Amelia St. Clair) is a young woman brought up with a silver spoon, but wants to break away from her wealthy and well-to-do family to pursue an art career. Yet, things don't quite go as planned as her family pressures her into the business. Sam (or Carter Samuel Gro ...more
Alyse
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews, please follow my blog:

This book wasn't all that believable to me. Granted, I don't understand "Hollywood" life, but what Sam did to Millie, to further his career, is unforgivable. And how he did it... was just cruel to me. Sam just rubbed me the wrong way. He was a pushover to his agent and a coward with his feelings. Actually the more I write this review, the more and more I dislike Sam.

Also, I didn't think felt completed to me. Millie just seems
Tami
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5

This review is based on an ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

Sam was unnecessarily rough in the dumping of Millie. Then she just forgave him? If he wanted to leave a logical window open to get back together after the film was finished, then realistically it wouldn't have happened that way. My heroine has to have more backbone than poor Millie. She let her brother get away with pushing her around about working for the family like that? Nuh uh.
Kate (GirlReading)
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A cute and romantic read. Sam was gorgeous and I loved seeing Millie's character grow throughout the story. There were a lot of cliches and it was pretty predictable but it was also a really fun and lovely read. I ended up enjoying this a lot more than I expected too.
TeriLyn
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**ARC generously provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Grounded By You is the sweet story of Sam and Millie. The story and the writing is simplistic making the story sweet and enjoyable. It was not an axis shifting read for me. While we did get a sense of who the characters actually are, it was only surface deep. The story flowed naturally though and moves at a fluid pace; never laboring over a particular scene or event.

Sam and Millie are friends from a summer sp
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Great read. Quick and easy. Sam and Millie's characters were intense in some parts but they worked well together. Considering the circumstances some things went better than others but it all came to a head eventually. A fun quick read and I'd be interested to read more about the other characters as well. Kate and Reeds story which came before this, and Delaney's story which is apparently next.

Would recommend.
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

As you probably guessed by my rating of this book, it won’t make my favorites list, not by a long shot. Where to even start?! I guess by the positives, right?

I will try to keep this SPOILER free, although there are a couple of points of the plot that I’ll mention because I really need to, ok?

I liked the writing, it flows easily and fast, and it also conveys perfectly well the emotions, sceneries, situations, etc. Unfortunately, these are the things I had a huge problem with.
Cátia
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews click HERE

*I was provided a eARC by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

What can I say about this book? Most of the time I was frustrated, angry and confused with most of the things in this book. I don’t even know where to start. By the way, I’m already warning you that the word frustrated will appear a lot on this review. First let’s start with the characters. I didn’t care about them I really didn’t. I didn’t care about Millie’s dream to be an artist es
Sherley Vazquez
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
**I was gifted with an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review**
Grounded By You (A Willoughby Inn Love Story, #2) by Ivy SinclairBY Ivy Sinclair

Millie & Sam are instant swoon. I love that they actually started out as being friends and neither knew the actual attraction that the other had so they never crossed the line for the sake of their friendship. They became really close during her summer. They convince one way or another that they needed to follow their dreams and stop doing what others wanted them to do. Thats true friendship and they believed i
Beth
Oct 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
 photo GroundedbyYou-IvySinclair-cover_zps9a6d8269.jpg
(Click Picture to Enter Giveaway Post)

Cover Reveal and Giveaway
• One (1) $10 Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift card {INT}
• One (1) signed paperback copy of Where My Heart Breaks by Ivy Sinclair {US only}
• Two (2) eBook copies of Where My Heart Breaks by Ivy Sinclair {INT}
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was a nice love story. I thought the plot was great, but I did not like how Sam treated her when he was forced to break up with her. I thought that was harsh and mean. Other than that, the characters were really great and interesting. I really like Millie. She was feisty yet smart. I thought Sam was a really interesting character. He was smart yet naive at times. I hope to read more of Ivy Sinclair books
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
I fondly remember Millie and Sam from Where My Heart Breaks so I was pretty excited to read this one. Unfortunately both characters rubbed me the wrong way and I couldn't connect with either. I think it's partially because I'm not a fan of Hollywood romances, and very rarely do I read them. That being said, I may revisit this book sometime as Ivy is a talented author and I loved her debut book.

ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review
Brooke
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the storyline on this book and the first one, but it was really hard to want to keep reading with all the grammar problems and just an all around poor editing job. There were countless mistakes that made this harder to get through than it should’ve been. Again, enjoyed the story and characters but it just goes to show how much of a difference a detail oriented editor can make.
Kim
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I was so excited when I realized that two minor characters from Sinclair’s Where My Heart Breaks were the centerpiece of this book. I really liked Sam in Where My Heart Breaks, but he was just no competition for Reed when it came to Kate. They belonged together. Millie didn’t really stand out too much for me in Where My Heart Breaks, but I was thrilled that she got her own book so I could learn more about her.
“At twenty-three with a college deg
Books A-Brewin'
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

I received an e-copy of this book from the publishers at NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Okay. I will admit it. I requested this book completely on cover appeal. I didn't even real the synopsis. I saw the cover and it reminded me of the beauty of the The Truth about Me & You by Amanda Grace cover (not surprising since they're the same picture). I knew that this book was a New Adult read by an author I didn't know much about who produced a gorgeous cover. That is all it took. So
Rebecca
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
ARC provided by author for an honest review - Review posted on The Fairest of All Book Reviews Blog

“Making a relationship work, which is a hard thing to begin with, becomes that much harder when you’re doing it in the spotlight.”

Readers met Millie and Sam as minor characters in Sinclair’s Where My Heart Breaks, and there was an attraction there but nothing that Millie wanted to pursue because they came from two different worlds, and she did not want to fall in love and commit. After running away
Lustful Literature
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
**BETH'S REVIEW**

*3.5 Stars*

Grounded by You is a quick sweet and heartwarming read about the friendship between two friends, Amelia “Millie” St. John and Sam Groveson and how they finally took it to the next step.

Millie comes from a life of privilege but with that comes the expectations of once she is done college she is expected to join her father and brother with the family business. But Millie has other plans, she wants to be an artist, but now must break the news to the family. Upon moving b
Karen
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Grounded By You is book two in A Willoughby Inn Love Story series, but can easily be read as a stand-alone book. However, even though I already read this one, I did go back and read the first book in this series, When My Heart Breaks. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed both books, and look forward to reading more by Ivy Sinclair.

The series is centered around The Willoughby Inn, and in this book, the story is about Millie St. John and a small-town boy that made it big named Sam (Carter Samuel
Lissette
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Millie St. John has always done what her parents have told her to do. She's lived a privileged life, and has never known what it's like to live with the simplicities of life. Until now, that is.

Determined to make something of herself, Millie has decided that she'll forgo working for her parent's company. In her mind, working for herself, and achieving her dreams is the boost she needs to reassert herself. She knows that breaking the news to her parents won't be easy. They're sure to disown her,
Julie
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Millie St John has come from a life of privilege. Now that she is through with college, she is expected to join her family’s business. Despite those expectations and the threat that her father will quit helping her financially, Millie wants to follow her dreams. An elective in her senior year of college led her to discover her love of painting. Now she is planning to disappoint her family by sharing with them she will not be joining her father’s firm.

Sam Groveson has finally landed his ‘big bre
Michelle Pickett
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it
“Grounded By You,” by Ivy Sinclair was a sweet romance about two friends who realize that their friendship had slid into love. But nothing is ever easy and so it goes for Millie and Sam.
I liked Millie and Sam a lot. Their characters were well written and they each had flaws and dealt with insecurities and doubts in their lives and choices, which made them feel real. They dealt with a lot of conflicting emotions, both personal and external that will resonate well with readers.

The, plot was intere
Nicola
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review copy granted in exchange for an honest review

This book follows on from Ivy Sinclair's first novel Where My Heart Breaks but focuses on secondary characters from the novel - Sam and Millie. You don't have to have read the previous novel to enjoy this one, everything you need to know about it is mentioned in Grounded by You, but it probably enhances the story a bit.

When we met Sam in the previous book he was nice, but bland. He kinda reminded me of Matt from the Vampire Diaries. Y'know the
Kathleen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This is Amelia (MIllie) and Carter's (Sam) story.
Millie is a society girl who has always had everything she wanted except possible someone who listened to her. Her summer spent at Willoughby Inn changed her. She saw her best friend find her true calling and the love of her life. She met Sam who changed her by being her friend. Millie leaves the Inn with mixed feelings. She realizes she wants to change her life. And she is trying to figure out what her feelings for Sam means.
Sam is a small town g
Donna Sweeney
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.....

3.5 Stars from me.

This is Millie and Sam's story and I very much enjoyed this read, the reason I gave it 3.5 was because I found at times I was a little frustrated with both characters and did a few shouts to my kindle. Not good for my health.......okay Donna what did you bellow ?.......

Millie.......for god sake girl grab your man !!! So what if he becomes America's most sort after.......HE IS YOURS !!. PLUS, you giv
Roxanne
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this novel.

This book is a follow up of sorts to Ivy Sinclair's "Where My Heart Breaks", which I also received via Netgalley and reviewed a few months ago. While I was very impressed with the character development and plot of "Where My Heart Breaks", some of this seemed to be missing in "Grounded by You", and I can't help but compare the two.

"Grounded by You" was still a sweet read with good characters and a de
Brianna C
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, netgalley
This was certainly a surprise read! I was expected another so-so contemporary romance in the new adult genre. There was certainly more to it which is always refreshing.

What I Liked:

I really enjoyed the characters. They were relatable and despite living unrealistic lives, they still seemed real. Millie was a socialite who is determined to make her own life. She doesn't want to fall into her family's trap and do what makes herself happy-which is paint. Sam is a working actor, trying to find his ne
Ava
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-netgalley
¤¤¤ ARC generously provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review ¤¤¤

First, reading the description and reading this book was somehow different and unexpected and with a greatly sweet outcome.
I wouldn't have read this book if it wasn't from NetGalley and I would have missed a book like this.

Why did "Grounded by you" got 4/5 ?
- Well written
- Quite different, somehow unexpected
- Meaningful
- A little of heartbreaking
- reality vs makers
- growing and maturity -> lead
Catherine
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fast and engaging read, but as with a lot of NA novels nowadays, it wasn't groundbreaking. I foresaw the twists and the misunderstandings seemed contrived. I didn't agree with a lot of the decisions the characters made; it felt like all the things that kept them apart were very forced. I personally didn't appreciate one particular plot twist, but I know this is an issue of taste and not a problem with the
Cassandra
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.6/5

Big thank you to NetGalley and Shadow Creek Press for the advance copy in exchange for an honest review!

Amelia “Millie” St. John has been avoiding settling down. She doesn’t want to settle – not for the job her father has lined up for her, for her family, for a guy, or for anything. She just wants to be happy, and live a happy life. When she meets Sam, or Carter Samuel Groveson this is made abundantly clear. After spending the beginning of the friendship flirting her ass off,
Carolina Godinho
I was given a ARC in exchange of a honest review.

Millie and Sam, Amelia and Carter. While Millie and Sam were two people discovering themselves and in love. Carter and Amelia were people with the weight of another persons expectations.
And for some time they let that weight drove them apart. Until their hearts spoke louder than anything.
It's an interesting reading. Fast paced, not so drama-free as I wished it was, but it wasnt so bad that I want to rip my hair off.

Millie e Sam. Amelia e Carter. E

• Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • My Life for Yours
  • The Sound of Shooting Stars
  • Fighting for the Edge (Edge, #3)
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • Tempting Trouble
  • Then There Was You (So Much It Hurts, #2)
  • Broken Chords (Love in London, #2)
  • Almost Matched (Almost Bad Boys, #1)
  • In the Blood
  • Unsettled (Unsettled, #1)
  • Solving for Nic (Southern Style, #2)
  • Here for You
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
  • If You Dare
  • Heart Breaths
  • Last Summer
  • Journey to Landaran (Spirit Mage Saga #1)
Ivy Sinclair cut her romance teeth on classics like Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, An Affair to Remember, and Sabrina. She is a firm believer in true love, a happily ever after ending, and the medicinal use of chocolate to cure any ailment of the heart. Ivy's guilty pleasures include sushi, endless Starbucks lattes, and wine. Readers of Ivy's stories can expect smoldering sweet stories of romance ...more

A Willoughby Inn Love Story (2 books)
  • Where My Heart Breaks (A Willoughby Inn Love Story, #1)