Start by marking “Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)” as Want to Read:
Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)

Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc.

(Butterman Travel series #1)

It’s the year 2069 and even though eighteen-year-old Bianca Butterman is heir to the family biz, she may never see the day her time-craft license becomes official. When a government agent starts nosing around the operation, Butterman Travel, Inc. gets stuck with a full audit—part of a government take-over scheme to shut down all private time travel agencies. Enter former b ...more
Published November 12th 2013 (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc.

Start your review of Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)
Richard Derus
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindled
Real Rating: 1.5* of five

Libertarian nonsense. Most specious, selfish, childish "philosophy" I've ever rejected with scorn and contempt, and dressing it up with an adolescent female lead with a crush on an Aryan celebrity made it no more appealing. I want my 99¢ back.
Hallie
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
More like a 2.5, really, but I'm rounding up because I was negatively influenced by the poor quality of the audiobook. (Entirely irrelevant, but there was an Irish character, and the narrator kept calling him "Deh-CLAN" and I kept going "???" until I finally figured it must have been Declan. Maybe in 2069 Irish people will have started pronouncing the name that way, but they sure don't now.)

Anyway, I stumbled across this in one of my searches through all the new releases in SF/fantasy and YA and
Mad Scientist
Concoction of a Review:

Taking on this Speculative fiction was not a choice but a must. Truly, Mad Scientist does not read enough of this genre.

Too start MS will say that this is indeed not a literary masterpiece but oh so close. New favorite is now found!

Enjoying this book is saying as if MS liked it. This is not the case.

When the pages were not being flipped thoughts were whirling about the characters.
When the pages were not being flipped dreams of the characters adventures and what will hap
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

When reading books about time-travel it's mostly people from present who travel to past, or at least that's what I've been reading about, but this one is quite different. Now we're in the future and it's time to go and visit past.

Welcome to the year 2069, not far from now, but it's time of time-travel agencies. Yes, my dear friends time-travel is now part of people's lives by following certain set of rules and with enough money you can travel back in past.
Silver Thistle
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, time-travel
I was thrilled to win this in a Booklikes Giveaway and was very excited to read it. TIME TRAVEL! I'm all over that!

With time travel stories the mechanics of the how can make or break a book and in this one the 'how' is a bit different. Usually is all a big mistake and the time traveler has no control over how/why/when they jump to a different time but here it's all pre-arranged and paid for. It's a time travel business! Commercialized time travel! Book a trip to the past like you would any othe
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’ll be perfectly honest here and say, not for the first time, that the very idea of time travel confuses the hell out of me. Perhaps I’m not overly bright when it comes to these things, or perhaps the concept is just too complicated… or maybe it’s a little bit of both. From where I’m standing, time travel is nothing to be messed with, so I can’t help but admire authors who tackle it so bravely. Although science is not at the forefront of this book, the little that was offered was both convincin ...more
Cally Jackson
I was given a free e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review…

I have a new favourite self-published author. Honestly, I adored this book and had a hard time putting it down (even when it was finished!). I love time travel stories (hence why I'm writing one myself) and I'm also a big fan of books about the music scene, so Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc was the perfect combo for me. PK does an excellent job of conveying the intensity of music through her words, and I could almost hear the
Alexandra
Really enjoyed this. A well-written fun and interesting story. The main character is likable and feels like a real person. There's a bit of romance here, but develops in a way that feels believable. No insta-love here. I like very much that although there is a bit of romance it does not overpower the story, just a realistic part of it. I listened to the audio version and the narrator does a good job.

I definitely plan to read the next in the series, already waiting for me on my Kindle. Unfortunat
Suzanne Rooyen
Nov 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
A little while ago I had the extreme pleasure of reading the first chapter. It was only supposed to be the first chapter, but I couldn't help myself and kept turning the pages until the excerpt I received ran out - after which I pouted and vowed to devour the entire book once it came out. This is still my goal and I plan to do it soon. But if the rest of this book is anything like those first two chapters, then readers are in for a treat! ...more
Candace
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*I had this rated 4 stars but after sitting on it day I decided that it is a 5 star read for me. I can't stop thinking about it!*

I was all over this book the moment I heard of it. Time travel?! Total WIN! And that cover? Stunning! But the description, while really awesome, doesn't tell you much about what happens in the story. So let me see if I can fill you in in a non-spoilery way.

This is about Bianca and golden boy (ex boy band star) Tristan. Bianca works at her parents time travel agency whe
S.J. Pajonas
What an absolutely fantastic book! I fell in love with Bianca (love that name so much!) and Tristan right away. Their personalities jump off the page and envelope you from the first chapter. Each time I thought I had them figured out, the curtain was lifted a little more, and I learned something new.

I loved seeing Manhattan of the future and trying to guess where each bend in the story would take me. I haven't read many time travel books, but I've been a fan of Star Trek my whole life, so that
Kellye
I really enjoyed this book. Of course, I'm always completely stoked to get a free book in the mail when I win a Goodreads giveaway, but I also have a special affinity for time-travel fiction.

This story is done well and is a solid read. I enjoyed the voice of the narrator and the flow of events. I felt like maybe it could be even better with one more edit to tighten it up, but solidly readable and enjoyable. I loved the visit to Woodstock and the discussion of vehicle-less time travel possibilit
Ginny  Gallagher
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would love to book a trip with Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc.! How could you not after reading the blurb? As far as synopses go it has to be one of the better ones that I have read. I was immediately contemplating which direction I would pick. Would I book a trip to the past or would I pick the future?

Washed up pop star, Tristan Helms, picks the past and gets way more than he bargained for when he hires “soon to be licensed” Bianca Butterman to escort him on his first ever time travel journey.
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I read every free chance I had.

Bianca Butterman can’t wait to get her license to run the time-craft of Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. This is her family’s legacy. Her future. Her past. Her everything. She is a by-the-book operator until she meets Tristan Helms, a former boy band star who wants to go back to help salvage his career. From the first time they meet, you know they are meant to take this journey tog
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love a good time travel romance, throw in some really great detailed world building that is completely believable and so vivid you feel like you are there, and you have one heck of a fun read.

I know what you are thinking, you get all of that based on the synopsis? But don’t' let that synopsis fool you, this really was a great read, so much so that I ended up reading it all in one sitting. There is just something about the writing that sucks you in and makes you really see the future. Makes it
Masquerade Crew
SAFFRON'S REVIEW

Firstly, the concept for this book is fantastic; commercialised time travel where you book a time trip like you would a holiday to Hawaii. Unfortunately I feel that this great concept wasn’t carried to its full potential.

The editing on this book was pretty good. There were a few minor typos and the tense changed a couple of times which kind of jarred me out of the train of narrative. Aside from that, the formatting etc. were great.

The problem I had was with the story itself. I wa
J.T. Lewis
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love time travel!

Even though I have never attempted to write much in that realm, my mind spins at the possibilities.

P.K. Hrezo blew me away with her story, Butterman Time Travel Inc. There were so many Temporal Paradoxes that I lost track of where I was in time and space...and I LOVE that! P.K.'s mind should be studied by scientists!

The action starts quickly in this New Adult Sci-Fy adventure, when we discover that the DOT is trying to get their tentacles into the whole of the time-travel ind
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
clock gif photo: Countdown GIF White Countdown-GIF-white-1.gif

Imagine using a travel agent to book your vacation that takes care of you and makes sure that you are happy until your final day of departure. Well now you can work with Butterman Travel Inc. - family owned time travel company that lets you visit any part of the past or future for great price. When it's time to take her first solo trip by herself, Bianca meets Tristen and her life of time travel and regular futurastic things might be more interesting than ever before.

Time travel always fasc
Michael McAndrew
I was really interested in reading this book because it had the topic of time travel in it. As I started reading, I kept thinking how frustrating this book was going to be. It was for a few chapters, but then it got more interesting with all of the elements of time travel that kept coming up. I would say the first 80% of this book would get like a 6/10 for me, but then the last 20% would be like a 3.5/10. I do believe the ending could have been a lot better. Overall though, it was a good read an ...more
Karsyn
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a reason I wish GR had 1-10 ratings. I recently read the time travel book TimeBound, which is leaps and bounds better than this one, but this one was still quite different and enjoyable. 2 time travel books, completely different, both enjoyable but this one not nearly as good as that one, but have same ratings. UGH. If I had a 1-10 system, TimeBound would have been an 8/9, and this book would be a 6.

Different and enjoyable still. More detailed review to come.
Jen
Excellent take on time travel but this book is really all about music, how it moves and changes you.

The science didn't trip me up but was just enough. The idea of a continuous time loop was interesting -

Likable characters, just enough romance not to gag those romance-haters. This is good YA.
Erin
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
3.5 stars. I actually liked this a lot despite there still being a bunch of unanswered questions at the end and a bit of (admittedly better than most) insta-ish love (it occurs over 3 days time and at least she has the sense to try to ignore it and not give in right away).
Jena
Nov 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
One of the coolest, most wish-it-was-real concepts for a book I've ever seen!
I cannot wait to read this!
Kris Sterner
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting time travel book. Something of a combination of science fiction, love story and adventure. Not the most compelling book I have read - but a quick read and pretty good.
Sofia Li
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own-it, blog-tour
*This was from a blog tour stop at my blog Loving the Language of Literacy and you can check out the full review here: http://lovingthelanguageofliteracy.bl...

Interview
While writing Butterman (Time) Travel, did you ever experience writer's block, or did the ideas flow?
I don’t believe in writer’s block, so no. I do get what I call “revision impotence” sometimes when I know major rewrites are looming, but in first draft mode I usually can’t keep up with the thoughts flowing from my head. I had a l
Autumn
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Great novel. See my review on BookLikes.
Dzenita
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I'm making it a goal to work through my "to-read" shelf and pick off the books that have been there for years. I added this book in 2014 and I might have enjoyed it more if I had read it then. As it was, the main character is someone that I've read before. We're meant to believe that she is responsible, level-headed and capable but she quickly demonstrates a lack of those strong characteristics.

She's the outcast "black betty" who can't believe that she's falling for a pop star. She doesn't follo
Kim
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-for-me
Meh. I found this book oddly annoying. Maybe it was the insta-love, the nonchalant attitude of the recovering addict when offered drugs, or the message that following the rules makes you a "dud" but I just couldn't connect to it.

I'll skip the next book.
Ray (user2637)
What Are The Results of Savage Grow Plus? 1 1 Dec 17, 2020 10:51PM

• Love Scene, Take Two
  • Why We're Polarized
  • The Lost Girls
  • What the Cat Dragged In (The Celtic Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Once Upon a Time Travel
  • Malamander (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #1)
  • Paths Not Taken (Nightside, #5)
  • Awakenings (Guardians of Aandor, #1)
  • Storm of Locusts (The Sixth World, #2)
  • Jane Steele
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Mad Science Institute
  • Hollywood Homicide (Detective by Day, #1)
  • How Not To Make a Wish (As You Wish, #1)
  • Alienated (Alienated, #1)
  • Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls
Join my email list and be among an exclusive group to receive special offers, info on new releases, and first to hear announcements!

Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/O0s5b

PK Hrezo is a an author, artist, and fairy fashion designer. She writes both fiction and nonfiction, and is the creator of PK's Pixies. She's a native Floridian who shares her home with her firefighter husband, two children, and a

Butterman Travel series (2 books)
  • Induction Day (Butterman Travel series #2)