Start by marking “Endless (Shadowlands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Endless (Shadowlands, #3)

Endless

(Shadowlands #3)

An unthinkable betrayal threatens everyone Rory loves in the third installment of our dark, thrilling Shadowlands series from New York Times best-selling author Kate Brian.

Rory Miller didn't just fall in love with Tristan Parrish. She fell in love with the idea of forever. He was the one who told her the truth about her existence in Juniper Landing: that her mortal life is
Published July 22nd 2014 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Endless, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Julie Nope guess not huh? Good question
Julie It's better to understand in order the first one shadow lands changed my life as it is you can't get the same effect out of order though

Veronica Morfi
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is a very fast read. With mystery and suspense and it will always keep you guessing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Carolyn
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
UGH. I AM SO MAD. THIS BOOK WAS SO BAD.

I preordered this book and was so excited to read it. I absolutely loved the first two books of this series, but this finale was utterly disappointing. The plot was choppy, with too many events occurring without any thought given. It's like all these things happen, and we're just supposed to roll with it. I can accept that to an extent, given that this is fantasy/supernatural themed, but there were way too many unexplained events and plot holes. Even the en
Ferdy
Spoilers

Bleh, there wasn't really anything I liked. It was cliche after cliche after cliche, there was nothing remotely original in the book.

-The story was uninteresting and utterly predictable. Everything I thought would happen happened - I knew Rory would act like an insufferable martyr, I knew she'd constantly whine and feel sorry for herself because the guy she liked (Tristan) was supposedly evil, I knew Tristan would turn out to be a good guy, I knew the actual bad guy would be stereotypic
Deanna
I was really into the book series, as I'm a huge fan of Kieran Scott's/Kate Brian's writing. I really loved her So trilogy, Ex-Mas, and Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys.
So when I found out about the Shadowland trilogy, I just had to find out what it's about. As a fan of fantasy, this book pretty much caught my attention. The first book was pretty shocking with its plot twists, as it managed to keep me hooked with the series enough to read the second book.
Now, I really liked the second boo
Heather
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing way to finish the series! I loved all three of these books. I assumed who the "bad guy" was about halfway through. I just couldn't figure out why. I really liked the ending as far as Rory and her family. But poor, poor Joaquin...I'll dry your tears. *XOXO*
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Kate Brian (aka *Kieran Scott) is the most inconsistent author I have ever come across. Some of her novels are fantastic (the Privilege and Private series springs to mind) and others are just plain awful (Fake Boyfriend for instance.) Still, I loved both of her previous series' enough that I had to give the Shadowlands trilogy a chance.

Boy, was I let down.

Without getting into the problems with the first two novels, I have to say that Endless is a less than satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. T
Rachel
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*MAJOR SPOILERS*

To start off this review I just really want to point out how much I've loved this series from the first page of Shadowlands to the last page of Endless. I read Shadowlands in one day, same with Hereafter & Endless because this series is that amazing. All though Endless isn't as intense or mysterious as Shadowlands, I still loved this book, and to be honest I kind of expected that going into this book.

I personally thought some parts were rushed with how Darcy became a lifer,
Shilo
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Ugh. UGH. All this book did was make me hate Rory. I wanted to punch her in the face the entire time. That, and I'm still confused as to how the ending of the whole mystery makes sense. There are a few things that I don't quite understand but I guess I'll have to suck it up. I wish the whole series had been as good as book one, but I guess that tends to happen. So anyway, here goes my more like a rant than a review:

(view spoiler)
Gabby
This book was not as good as Shadowlands and Hereafter, but it was still a very enjoyable read and this is one of my favorite series of all time. This book came out today and so right when I woke up I went down to Barnes And Noble and picked up a copy. I started reading it around 1:45pm and then finished it by 5pm. I couldn't put it down because I needed to know how this series was gonna play out. To be honest, I do have mixed feelings about the way it ended, but I really enjoyed this book as a ...more
Shelley
*Source* Library*
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Endless is the finale to the Shadowlands trilogy by author Kate Brian. After the shocking cliffhanger ending to Hereafter, Rory Miller is fit to be tied after what happened to her father and others. She's just found out a devastating secret about her romantic interest Tristan Parrish which sends her off into the arms of another. If you've read the previous installments, then you know that Rory and her family moved to Juniper L
Ashley

I had so much fun with this series. It was so addicting and I'm kind of sad it is over. I WANT MORE!! I really just flew through this whole series. It's crazy to me that the whole series took place in the span of 2 weeks.
I don't know if I was a fan too much of the love triangle, but my pick for Rory would have been Joaquin. He was more stable and never deserted her. I was disappointed that some questions about Tristan didn't get answered. Some things he did in the second book and this book didn'
Trisha
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Wow, this one did not end how I thought it would. lots of surprises and lots of twists and turns - something I've come to know this series for.

It was great to see how all the characters worked out their stuff and how this all ended. I'm so glad I read this one.

I think my reasoning for 3 stars is just....I was a little sad with some unnecessary things that were added to the story. I think they distracted from the main theme and really...weren't needed. (view spoiler)
Bridget
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-favorites
4.5/5 Stars

I think this book just may have pulled me out of my slump. It took me more than a week to finish it because I was just not feeling the reading at most times, but once I really sat down and started "forcing" myself to read...I really got into it and it didn't take much time to get through it.

Endless is the final book in what is a trilogy, so, I won't be giving too much information. I can say that even though I was going through my "slump" (wanting to read, but at the same time, not re
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, series

I really loved the whole concept of The Shadowlands series. Book one blew me away and I really loved book 2. So when book 3 came out I was beyond excited to see how this would all wrap up. The twist and turns in the first book kept me sitting in the end of my seat and I hoped Endless would do. And although it did at times and I think the series wrapped up things nicely, or as nicely as it could, I didn’t love it as much as I hoped.

Endless is really a hard book to review and describe as
Clay
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say: this book was awesome!! This series as a whole was a thrill ride from start to finish - which is exactly what I look for. I was hesitant at first, feeling like I had forgotten too much to pick up the third book, but thanks to my friend Kim I started reading and I was hooked immediately. Kate Brian does an excellent job of recapping for the people who need it, like me!

This series was crazy entertaining and unique!! I loved it. I only docked this book one star because I have way too
Vicki
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this last book in Brian's trilogy! It kept me wondering the entire time, but there were aspects of it that I predicted but not with full accuracy.

Rory is on Jupiter Landing as a Lifer, and somehow the universe has been changed, so people who should go to the Light are sometimes being sent to the Shadowlands. It's impossible for all of the Lifers to know who is truly responsible for people being sent to the wrong place.

The ending was beautiful, although not 100% satisfying because we si
Natalie
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
So I gave the first book a 2, the second book a 4 and came full circle to give the third and final book a 2.

There was a whole lot here that didn't make any sense and everything seemed to be wrapped up super quickly. The second book made it sound like everything was insurmountable and hard to accomplish but it was fixed up in 3 chapters.

I was not happy with Rory or the choice she made. It seemed so out of character for her. I didn't mind Tristan in the first book, but he was really annoying in
Camila
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything a final book needs. The beginning, the mystery, the unexpected turn of events, the drama, romance, everything!!! This book have me the feels in some parts and aghhh I just can't get over it.

~I reached out to touch my fingertips to his chest. " I want this. I want you. Forever. "
Tristan let out a shaky relieved sigh. He ran both his hands over my head and down the long tangled braid of my hair. " I am in love with you Rory Miller, " he said, using my real name, which sen
Jada Hope
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I rolled my eyes far too many times to say that I really liked this book. It had its moments and the plot was fairly good. Shadowlands was such an amazing first book to the series, I think the following books have just been dragging everything out a bit too long.
Simone
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So much suspense! It won't end like you think it might end! Such a good book! Such a good trilogy!!!
Chenise
First line: "Rory, stop!"

This series turned into a big ol' cheese fest. Everything became so obvious and tropey and if they weren't such quick reads I would have left this series after the first book.

- The timeline of this series is whack. All three books probably take place over the course of like a month and a half, maybe two? Definitely not enough time for characters to be declaring their love for each other. HELL NO.
- Rory is such a special snowflake. I know I was praising her for really
Alysha Roberts
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book ENDLESS by Kate Brian takes place during medieval times and in Juniper Landing the in between of light and dark. The main character Rory Miller has to find a way why the coins that send people to the light or dark are sending innocent people to the Shadowlands, why its happening, who is doing it, and why would they do it? Rory and the Mayor have search parties looking for Pete the guy who has been sending innocent people to the Shadowlands. They send one innocent person to make sure the ...more
Jenny
4 stars

This whole series was a solid 4 stars for me. I was so intrigued by the storyline that as soon as I finished one book I NEEDED to move on to the next. I read all 3 books in only a 10 day timeframe.

And in the end with the big reveal of the "bad guy" I was surprised. It wasn't someone who I had suspected even in the least. Total shock which made the ending of the trilogy even better.
Gregory Stevenson
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Like the other books in the series, there are some plot holes to the story and some characters with motivations that are not well-developed, but I still found it to be a fun, easy read that brought the series to a satisfying conclusion.
Briana G.
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rory Miller is exactly who I want to be as a person. Dedicated to her family, doing anything she can to bring them to safety, being there for others, etc. The plot was amazing the concept was superb and I was upset that I was finished with the series.
Louisa
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why it took me so long to read this book! It was so fantastic, wrapped up the trilogy so well, and such a great read! Lots of emotions and a roller coaster of action, just so freaking great! Loved it!
Kaitlyn Fiegl
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book series is honestly one of the best. It was really hard for me to put the book down. It really kept you guessing it was honestly the best series ever
Tamara Weller
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopia
I totally got sucked into the trilogy and had to read the third book!
Pambam
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book . It really is a great series!! Must read list.
Jessica
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
Finished the series. Felt there were more holes than answers. *shrug
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Crazy for Young A...: Endless (Shadowland #3) by Kate Brian → Start Date: November 5th, 2014 33 28 Nov 11, 2014 09:51PM
Tristan 1 8 Jul 29, 2014 01:04PM

• The Book of Shade
  • Super Dark 3 (Super Dark, #3)
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • The Binding (Chronicles of Azaria, #1)
  • The Dark Water (The Well's End, #2)
  • Love is Poison (Snow White, #1-3)
  • A Place Beyond (The Danaan Trilogy, #3)
  • The Locket (The Locket, #1)
  • Freakshow
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Night Shade (Dreamweaver, #1)
  • The Hierophant (The Arcana Series #1)
  • Complete Nothing (True Love, #2)
  • Keep Me in Your Heart: Letting Go of Lisa / Saving Jessica / Telling Christina Goodbye
  • The Alignment  (The Alignment #1)
  • Ravencliffe (Blythewood, #2)
  • Hell Inc.
  • The One Place (The One Series, #1)
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.

Shadowlands (3 books)
  • Shadowlands (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Hereafter (Shadowlands, #2)