Start by marking “The Perimeter (Outside, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Perimeter (Outside, #3)

The Perimeter

(Outside #3)

The Perimeter is a darkly captivating dystopian tale of adventure, danger, love and redemption that will have you on the edge of your seat and up at night turning the pages to find out what happens in the end.

In this fractured world, a sinister force is coming for Riley, and the only things keeping her safe are a perimeter fence and the people she loves. As her life is
Published November 18th 2013 by Adrenalin Books (first published November 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Perimeter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perimeter

Start your review of The Perimeter (Outside, #3)
❤Marie Gentilcore
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, e-book
I really liked this trilogy. I flew through book one and went pretty quickly through book two but it took forever to get through this final book. I liked that the writing was fast paced and I liked the characters and it was cool to read a dystopian story set in England. But for me book three just didn't have as compelling a story as the first two books; those two were hard to put down. But I'm glad to have read the series. I think it was very good overall.
Jasmyn
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Riley is still as adventurous as ever in book three. One would think that she might be a little more hesitant after her previous experiences. But her fear nothing attitude comes in handy once again. I loved the addition of the gypsies in this book. A group of people that live on their own outside the walls, with their own rules and laws - but instead of behaving poorly (like raiders), they take care of their own and keep their heads down - for the most part. The strange religious cult that Riley ...more
Abbie
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was an okay read, but it was defiantly the weakest installment in the series for me.

Riley was an okay character, but i didn't like her as much as i remember liking her in the first two.

I couldn't remember much from the last two books, so it took me a while to get into this one. When i did, i wasn't enjoying it as much as i remember enjoying the other two, and i was bored through a lot of it unfortunately.

Overall, Dissappointing.
Shayna Varadeaux
Riley and Luc have been in an awkward stage with little time together. Riley is out to trade with her Pa and the market erupts in a riot. Riley is rescued or led away anyways by a gypsy woman, Lou. She wants to get fuel or firewood for Lou and the gypsies but her dad is adamant about the supplies that they have being necessary for their perimeter.

Everything is dwindling and supplies are low all over since the zombified drones from The Close marched across the land taking what they wanted and
Suzy Turner
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW What a fantastic finale to the Outside series! I couldn't put it down and I certainly didn't want it to end. I'd love to read more about what happens to Riley in the future though - I just love that gal. Maybe another book in the series, Shalini?!
The Perimeter had me sitting on the edge of my seat, desperate for Riley to make it through the many trials and tribulations she faced. I loved how the author intertwined the tale of Jamie with that of Riley and Luc and the ending couldn't have
Sabrina
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Not as good as the 2nd book in the series. Again in this book parts seemed to drag on forever and other parts seemed rushed like the author had to put it in but couldn't fit everything. The pace of the book was little off. Even with that I did want to finish the book all the way through and the end of the story picked up and I was impressed all the way up to the last couple of pages. I felt the author could've done a better job in the prologue.
Joey Woolfardis
Mar 31, 2019 marked it as never-read
Read the first book Outside. 2 stars but will not continue with the series.
Heather Vern
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Riley and Luc's crazy post-end of the world journey continues in the last installment of the Outside series.
I feel in love with this series in the very first book, and I was lucky enough to recieve ARC's of the The Clearing and The Perimeter.

In this installment the ever wanting revenge and crazy control freak FJ, finally puts his plans back together to take revenge on Riley for taking James Grey. There is a back story with Jamie a outsider and the story behind who he is and what he plays in the
Jaime
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Give this woman a medal. This series is beyond amazing. To pull out 3 amazing books in a row is a massive achievement.

Riley is still as fantastic as ever. She has a bit of a hero complex like every major character out there, but she is also so real at the same time. She is the kind of character you can really connect with.

FJ is still as big a douche as ever and lets just say his ending of the book was poetic.

I was made to feel very old in regards to the lassie comment and i am not even 30 yet :O
Alicia Huxtable
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Here I was thinking one thing only to get face slapped with a whole other ending!!! Awesome doesn't even begin to describe this book. Luc and Riley seem to finally get things together but then Liss and Anna reappear in their lives to set everything completely off course again. I was close to the end and getting seriously excited cause too many things still seemed up in the air and I just knew something BIG had to happen.....or someone had to die.......
Amara
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Long awaited this 3rd book in the Outside series more than fulfils expectations. A roller coaster of a book surprizes,delights and shocks in equal measure. Threads of stories are woven in an expert manner culminating in a most satisfactory conclusion.
The reader is led along unexpected paths of adventure and just when you think that that is it, another heart stopping episode occurs.
A gem of a book!
cheryl
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An Apocalyptic Book you can count on

The 3 book series of Outside is a first for me. Never have I read books about the apocalypse. And let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Any book from Mrs. Shalini Boland is good. She's excellent!
I would really like to see a spin-off from this story. See what Riley and Luc are up to.
I highly recommend the Outside Series. You won't regret it.
Joanna Gawn
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Outside series, The Perimeter pulls all the loose threads together and ties them up perfectly. Riley is so easy to like, her courage steadfast even when she risks losing everything. Luc is loveable and strong, and her Pa is just the sort of man you want in a battle ... while new allies add an interesting flavour to the mix.

Packed with suspense and action - with a little romance along the way - this is a fine ending to the Outside series.

Jason O'neal
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
The series over all is enjoyable. The first part
Of this last book just didn't hold my attention like the first two and took me a while to finally get through it. My mark for a really good book is wanting to not out it Down. That is what happened with the last half of this third book. The action picked up and the conclusion to the series was great. As always with a good else ties I am sad to see these characters go.
Shirley
A fight to the end

This final book in the series was the best. Luc and Riley find that they belong together. Grey's army marches against Talbot woods and they almost overtake the community. They are saved by Riley's Gypsy friends. Great suspense and adventure throughout the book. You would never guess the ending. This was a good read.

Ann
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I am still reeling from this! I loved the action that was portrayed here. I could picture the battle in my mind as I read. I loved Riley's determination to save her family and friends. The ending was amazing and actually what I had hoped for! Great job, Shalini!!
Robyn
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good ending to a fast paced and very likable series. I would have given this book a 5, but I did guess the events leading to the outcome, and I think the author rushed the ending. I'll be looking for anything new this author writes.
Holly
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I really enjoyed this book and thought that overall it was a nice conclusion to the story. I wish that things at the very end would have been wrapped up in more detail.

This was a great series to read after enjoying Hunger Games, Divergent etc.
Maryjo English
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So good!!

I was on pins and needles all the way through this and I was relieved that Riley and Luc finally got together!!!!!! This story was well written and she had no problems killing off characters so don't get attached. :))
Elle Field
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Perimeter finishes the Outside series brilliantly! A must-read series for dystopian fans, though it's more than just a mere dystopian book with its mix of family, friendship and love weaved throughout. I love that this is set in England, too!
Andrea
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow

All I can say is wow.... I absolutely loved reading this trilogy.. It was fresh, new,,, it was romantic, dramatic, horrific, all wrapped up in a British accent:)
Sydney
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So so good! Definitely made up for the second book which lacked!
T. Jackson
While I did like it; it lacked the "nail biting" that the other books had. Still a great story.
Sophie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A beautiful ending. Wonderful!
Melanie
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love her books! The Outside series is well worth the read!!
Drojman
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great book

The story is soid and keeps you reading. Picks up right after the first book and takes the story to a good ending. It does leave room for a 3rd story at the end
Tere J
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So what make me give 4 stars over 5 - it's a book that just kept me engaged, reading whenever I wasn't at work. So that being said, this earned itself a 5.

I am shocked that I was able to "get into" a YA book (since I am NO WAY a YA). So bare my ignorance, but I figure YA books are for young adults, and the tone/subject matter would not be intense or strong..

Well, this is the last in the series, and the entire series was great. Dystopian future. Violence. Death. Morality choices. This 3rd book
Tim
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Last book in the series and a good ending.
Suzanneq
It's
Stephanie
Sep 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was my least favorite of the series. I was disappointed.
picture your own neighbourhood with no law and order 1 3 Dec 05, 2013 03:01AM

• Only Daughter
  • The Housekeeper
  • The Marriage Trap
  • The Woman Upstairs
  • Deceive Me
  • After He Killed Me (Emma Fern, #2)
  • The Second Wife
  • Don't Ever Tell
  • Secrets Between Us
  • Long Gone: A Detective Paul Cullen Mystery (Paul Cullen Mysteries)
  • The Body in the Attic (A Jazzi Zanders Mystery #1)
  • A Place Called Fear
  • Girl in the Shadows (Diamond Files Mystery #1)
  • Dead Giveaway
  • A Killer Plot (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #1)
  • Lending a Paw (A Bookmobile Cat Mystery, #1)
  • When She Returned
  • Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
Hello :) I write suspense thrillers and dark adventures, and I live in Dorset, England with my husband, two children and our dog. I only write reviews for books I enjoy!

*** Be the first to hear about my NEW THRILLER RELEASES here: http://eepurl.com/b4vb45 ***

*** Join up to get FREE eBOOK DEALS here: http://www.ebooksoda.com ***

Now available:
THE BEST FRIEND - a chilling psychological thriller
THE

Outside (3 books)
  • Outside (Outside, #1)
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
“moment with all that’s going on at the compound.” 0 likes