Start by marking “No Place To Run - Tiada Tempat Bersembunyi (KGI, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Place To Run - Tiada Tempat Bersembunyi (KGI, #2)

No Place To Run - Tiada Tempat Bersembunyi

(KGI #2)

Operasi penyelamatan Sophie Lundgren adalah satu hal yang paling tidak Sam Kelly harapkan. Mereka pernah menjalin cinta - singkat tetapi intens - sebelum Sophie tiba-tiba menghilang ketika Sam melakukan tugas penyamaran.

Sophie menghabiskan hari-harinya dengan melarikan diri, sadar kesalahan sekecil apapun akan membahayakan nyawanya... dan nyawa makhluk kecil yang tumbuh di
Published October 9th 2013 by Elex Media Komputindo (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about No Place To Run - Tiada Tempat Bersembunyi, please sign up.
Sharon Leali Alex Mouton is Sophie's father, and he and his brother Thomas are the Villains. They don't play much of a role, but they are the ones hunting down…moreAlex Mouton is Sophie's father, and he and his brother Thomas are the Villains. They don't play much of a role, but they are the ones hunting down Sophie and trying to capture her.(less)

Mimi Smith

I have finally figured out what was missing in this book. It wasn't easy, but here it is...

Characterization

1.Quirks, hobbies, likes and dislikes

I don't know why I missed this so much, but I did. I missed little things like:What is their favorite colour? Do they like pets? Are they grouchy in the morning? Are they slobs? Do they have nervous habits? Something that would make them feel unique, that would make identify with them and like them.

2. A little Show and Tell

The best way to mak
Auntee
Mar 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense a la Cindy Gerard
This is developing into a pretty good series about the Kelly family --a group of ex-military brothers whose family run business specializes in hostage/victim recovery and intelligence gathering. I think I probably enjoyed it a little more than the first book, The Darkest Hour, and I expect I’ll like the next book, Hidden Away, about cranky Garrett Kelly, even more. With each book Maya Banks tells us a little bit more about the whole Kelly family (although still holding back just a little bit on ...more
CC
Another Re-read via audible

Still really like this romantic suspense story! Sam was a little too distrusting at times, but I get why. These brothers are dreamy! Moving on to Garrett's book!

Safety Gang safe
(view spoiler)

Prior comments:

Liked the story, however, I wish there was a little more to explain the short affair that Sam and Sophie had in Mexico. The brief scene and
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

I didn't love this quite as much as The Darkest Hour, the first book in the fantastic Kelly/KGI series, but it's still a great romantic suspense read with lots of emotional twists, pulse pounding action, and erotic love scenes.

Sam is such a sexy, caring alpha hero (and a smokin' hot, attentive lover!), but his mistrust of Sophie frustrated and angered me at times. Although that suspicion certainly ran both ways, and Sophie's stubbornness, dishonesty, and TSTL moments a
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

"I want you, Sophie. I missed you. I can't lie here without touching you. I want what's mine again. I want to give you what's yours."

Another great installment in the series. I loved that Sophie was a strong heroine even though she was in a delicate condition. She admitted when she needed help, but also wasn't afraid to stand her ground and fight. Sam was a great combination of strength and vulnerability. He would do everything in his power to ensure his family and team's safety,
Amy
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’ll be better when you’re naked.” When I read a statement like that on the first page of a Maya Banks romantic suspense novel, I know to hold on to my panties for a smokin’ hot ride! After delivering an emotionally gripping opener to the KGI series with The Darkest Hour, Ms. Banks continues her action-packed quest with the Kelly brothers in No Place to Run.

Sam Kelly, a former Army Ranger, is in Mexico staking out an undercover mission with his brothers and their private, special ops team, KGI.
Jacqueline J
I liked this book. I did think there was a bit more bleed over from the erotic stories that MB writes than in the first of the series. I don't necessarily mind the word choices but I do think that love scenes in a romantic suspense should be kept to a minimum to allow more time for the actual plot. I was kind of 'yeah, yeah, move it along. What's going on meanwhile back at the ranch?' No real big surprises plot wise here.

I liked the heroine. She was a pretty strong woman. She was also smart eno
Susanne
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm surprised how much I liked it! Romantic suspense is not my favorite genre, but somehow Maya Banks makes it work! I just adore the Kelly family and I'm looking forward to continue with this story. I was so excited to read Sam's story and now I just want more of Rio! Will he even have a book? Marlene is the best mother ever!

"Sam Kelly, is that my grandchild you're allowing to stand in my kitchen with its mother shivering cold and barefooted?"

Sam is a wonderful, protective hero and he will do e
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romantic Suspense
Series : - Book 2 in the series.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

I much preferred this over book 1 in the series. Plot and character development much stronger.

The heroine here was strong, even when she decided sh
Dee
Re - read - December 2015

Originally read July 2011

*** 4.5 Stars ***

Great story I loved it!

We didn't really get too much detail into Sam's character in the last book and I seriously wondered if I would like him.....I needn't have worried as I absolutely melted at his response to realising that the child Sophie carried was his and how he wanted to love and protect them both. Sophie is an amazingly strong woman and she fought tooth and nail to try and protect her baby (which was pretty amazing co
Kathleen
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Action Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

I LOVED this book from the first page until the last. Lot's of action and movement so never a dull moment.

I loved that the whole family and KGI team members were once again involved in this story.

There were a few LOL moments along with some others that made me cry.

The heat level was REALLY GOOD right from the start. The H&h were very hot and heavy. The Hero Sam was s
Dana Ilie
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Place To Run is the second book in Maya Banks KGI series about a group of ex-military brothers who have formed there own business Kelly Group International, they specialise in hostage and victim recovery and intelligence gathering. I just love a book with secrets.
Jane Stewart
Yay 4 stars for chest hair! 3 stars for the story. It was ok but nothing special or different. Some weak logic.

CHEST HAIR:
I’d love to see more chest and abdomen hair on cover guys. I eagerly bought this book because there is a “little bit” if you look closely. They either airbrushed it on or airbrushed most of it off. I’m not sure if airbrush is the word, but something was done. Anyway, I’m tired of waxed guys on the covers. Please give me authentic men!!! If undecided about a book, I will buy i
Tilly Slaton
After a quick fling with a local waitress in Mexico during a classified mission, Sam must walk away from the woman he shares an explosive passion with.

After completing his mission, he returns for her. Aching for the woman who hasn’t left his thoughts since he left her sitting in his bed. She was nowhere to be found. Disappeared.

Five months later, Sam was unfocused. He rejected all incoming mission requests and his brothers were concerned and going stir crazy over their somewhat forced vacation
Gina
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Book 2 in the KGI Series and I gotta say I loved it! I sat down after dinner last night and didn't stop reading until I finished. This had everything I like in a story, a hot alpha man with a good heart, lots of action, great secondary characters i loved, and a heroine I would really get behind and of course enough steamy sex to make me happy happy happy!

The story starts with steamy sex between Sam and Sophie (oh my my). Sam is undercover on a mission and he thinks Sophie is a waitress. He gets
ValerieC
Dec 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book 2 of the KGI series. I will likely read all of these again. I'm a sucker for these 'brother' series and this is probably the best of them I have read so far (I like it more than the Rough Riders, and that's saying a lot).

I appreciated the way Ms. Banks incorporated the action of the KGI operatives without making it too technical, the way many male action authors do (as if they are bragging about all of their military knowledge - no Tom Clancy stuff here). It was still just as bel
Saly
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good but not as good or as emotional as the first book :)
I love the Kelly family!!I loved Sophie, she was just a kick-ass woman, who suffered a lot in life but damn never gave up.
MBR
My likes:

1- Boy, where do I start? This book packs everything and I don’t mean that lightly, EVERYTHING that I look for when I pick up a novel of the romantic suspense genre. Action packed, highly sensual and emotional with enough character development that keeps the pages turning, I resented the time I had to spend away from the story after I started reading. Yes, Maya Banks has done a splendid job with this one and I can’t literally wait for Garrett’s (*sigh* there goes the knee shaky thing ag
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
*****SLIGHT SPOILERS*****

I love the KGI world! I was a bit disappointed with book 1, but this one was just excellent! IMHO So much better.

There's only one word to describe Sam... HOT! I liked him so much better the hero of this story. He's so alpha and in command, but so soft and sweet like a teddy bear.

Sophie has a very strong personality, doesn't take bullshit from anyone since she's had to protect herself and do what she had to since being a little girl and living in the environment she did,
*Book-Lover*
When going with the KGI brothers, there really is no wrong!!

This story is on the oldest brother: Sam Kelly! For some reason, the older brother, gotta look out and protect everyone complex was very appealing to me.

This one started off with a steamy, passionate scene from Sam's POV!!

Sam and a few of his brothers are working a case in Mexico, when he meets Sophie. They start seeing each other, but nothing is at it seems, cause they both are hiding some pretty dangerous secrets from each other.
Fas
Blodeuedd Finland
Plot:
Sam was in town to spy on an arms dealer and while there he had a passionate fling with a woman. And 5 months later he her helps out of a lake, half-drowned and pregnant with his child. And he tells him that they both are in danger.

My thoughts:
I have not read much from this genre; make that 2 books that fit one way. But I like this romance sub-genre, because action is always good.

This is book 2 in the KGI series, but I could jump right in and did not feel like I had missed anything. It's a
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Shelby
I'm enjoying this series very much, but it never quite hits fabulous for me for some reason. I do enjoy my alpha males and their protective nature and this series is definitely chock full of that. Maybe it's that the women here, even when they ultimately play a part in solving things, still want their man to save them. Sophie was definitely stronger and fought for more, but she still wasn't has kick butt as I would have liked for a daughter of a warlord like her father.

Sam and Sophie met under u
Mou
It was an ok read. 3.5 stars. Why doesn't Goodreads have a half star option? I don't want to give it 3 stars and I can't give it 4 stars also.

Back to the point.

It was a second chance romance. The plot was based on deception and trust issues. But It was safe. Both of them were celibate during their separation time. Most importantly there was no OW drama. The heroine was strong. The hero was ok. Other characters were likable too. The plot was good and Maya bank's writing was as usual praiseworth
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
It's been awhile since I've read a book from Maya Banks but I really enjoyed this one. Sam and Sophie met when Sam was undercovery but their intense affair was cut short and with Sophie carrying his child which she didn't know at the time. Things became complicated. Sophie needed to vanish and was on the run for months before she went to warn Sam and the only man she believed she can trust but things went in a different direction and all hell broke loose.
Paige
NO PLACE TO RUN is an excellent addition to the KGI series. It’s also another difficult review to write with so much going on and much back and forth point of views happening. So here’s a shorter (hopefully!) review.

Sam Kelly was working undercover in Mexico going after Alex Mouton a mob typhoon is the possibility to go down dangerous paths. While down there he hooked up with Sophie Lundgren.

What he didn’t know was Alex is Sophie’s father who sent her to scope Sam out. However, Sophie not only
Kame
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“She kissed him. Just Once. With all the sweetness she’d brought into his life in just a short time.”

5 Stars and if I had more to give I would!

The first book in the Kelly Group International series by Maya Banks first chapter brought me to tears, in the second book in the series Maya Banks turns up the heat on the first page! Sam Kelly is in as he puts it “BumF* Mexico” on a mission, but he has been captivated by Sophie – a woman he meets in a bar. They have been sharing their evenings in his ho
Chan
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HUGE IMPROVEMENT FROM BOOK 1
description/

Writing: Maya Banks can do action! I was really into this one.

There were a couple of confusing bits with the writing that caused me to reread passages several times. Like - “A fist slammed into his gut.” I took this as literal, but figured out that it was a metaphor.

3rd person narration. Much fewer POVs than book 1.

Characters: You still have all of the characters from book 1, but the focus is on Sam and the newcomer Sophie. With fewer POVs, I had a chance to get to
MountainKat
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I am struggling to put into words what this book made me feel and what I thought of it...

I loved it! It grabbed me and didn't let go - finished it in one day even though I wanted to slow down and savor it! I think this story, that was so much about trust, was appropriate for the Sam we got to know in The Darkest Hour. Not sure why, but it feels right. I admired Sophie, she was struggling so hard with so little going for her. But she never gave up, even when there seemed to be little hope and she
The World of Maya...: 2. No Place To Run 28 48 Jan 22, 2015 07:04PM
Romance Lovers fo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. No Place to Run (KGI #2) by Maya Banks.....Start Date Feb 25 91 38 Mar 04, 2013 12:45AM

• Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)
  • Under Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #2)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

KGI (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)
  • Hidden Away (KGI, #3)
  • Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)
  • Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5)
  • Shades of Gray (KGI, #6)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • After the Storm (KGI, #8)
  • When Day Breaks (KGI, #9)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (KGI, #10)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
“It doesn’t matter. I love you. That’s it. That’s all. I hope to hell it’s enough.” 86 likes
“I know this woman.”
“Who the hell is she?”
He stared both his brothers down. “She’s mine.”
83 likes