Start by marking “Home to Pebble Creek (The Pebble Creek Amish)” as Want to Read:
Home to Pebble Creek (The Pebble Creek Amish)

Home to Pebble Creek

(The Pebble Creek Amish #0.5)

This free short story e-romance is a prequel to The Pebble Creek Amish Series by Vannetta Chapman. Fans of the series will enjoy this chance to briefly revisit Pebble Creek, and new readers will be introduced to an Amish community that is more deeply explored in the three full novels, A Promise for Miriam, A Home for Lydia, and A Wedding for Julia. When Joseph Bontrager le ...more
Published September 1st 2013 by Harvest House Publishers

Start your review of Home to Pebble Creek (The Pebble Creek Amish)
Brittany
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Home to Pebble Creek is a very enjoyable short story by Vannetta Chapman. This sweet little story is told as a first person account by Esther. It was as if Esther was speaking directly to me and explaining the pain she felt as her love left the Amish community and the anger she experienced as he returned home.

I was able to read this short story in a few minutes. I must admit that I would have loved this short story to be even longer! However, I think it is a great introduction to the Pebble Cree
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 01/09/2013
Author: Vannetta Chapman
Recommended for: fans of short amish stories
Edition: Kindle

I found this short story (21 pages) on the Kindle Store for free and so I thought that I would give it a go. I thought that it was a sweet fun little romantic amish story which is well written with a couple of spelling mistakes but on the whole it was a very good short story to read, the characters that featured in it were quite well established with it been so short, it is a perfect read if y
Kara
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sigh….this short ebook is sweet, precious, hopeful, and the perfect indication of what the rest of the Pebble Creek Series brings in uniqueness, overcoming heart aches, and forgiveness. If you haven’t already read those three books, then this is the perfect start. If you have, you will be reminded of each book and the promises each one holds with incredible characters and the assurance of trusting in God’s will (Gotte’s wille). Loved it, there’s no place like Home.
Susan
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of the books in this series and by this author. A short, fast read. Delightful as always!
Leah
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet story about forgiveness and second chances.
Kelli Santistevan
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Carole Jarvis
Shelves: romance, amish
Home to Pebble Creek by Vannetta Chapman is a short-story prequel to The Pebble Creek Amish series, about 21 pages in length. I've always enjoyed Vannetta's writing style of simply telling an interesting story with character depth and inspirational thoughts.

Esther thought Joseph was the fulfillment of her dreams, until he left for eighteen months without any contact. With his efforts to make things right between then when he returned, Esther's wounded pride found forgiveness almost too much to
Nancee
Recommended to Nancee by: quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net
An introduction to Vannetta Chapman's The Pebble Creek Amish Series, this brief prequel to the three ensuing novels by Chapman sets the pace for the lives of two young Amish women and a look into the future. A lesson in forgiveness is learned, and sets the stage for a rekindled romance for Joseph and Esther. A young widower and his daughter arrive in the community sparking some interest for Esther's friend, Miriam. This is a well-told introduction to Vannetta Chapman's Pebble Creek novels. It's ...more
Clare O'Beara
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a nice light short story romance. I like that we see a little of the importance of horses to the Amish way of life. A young woman who teaches an Amish school is annoyed when the young man who left abruptly over a year ago, returns and expects her to carry on being his girlfriend as though he'd never left.
I must say, the lady has not done anything to improve her life or independence, teaching being something Amish girls do without college training and give up when they marry.

I downloade
Cindy Williams
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How sweet it is! This was such a darling read. Just enough to grab my interest and get the next book in this series lined up to read.

Gentle and good are the words that come to mind as I read this novella. I've just met the characters Esther, Jacob and Miriam and already in love with them. I want to know everything about them. and my heart is already singing... "Miriam's in love.........."
Judy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful read to introduce the readers to The Pebble Creek Amish Series. An intro to the life of Miriam King and her road to find love.

I loved how Miriam opened Esther's eyes to forgiveness; real forgiveness.

I urge those who read this review to pick up A Promise for Miriam, book one, in this great series.

Vannetta Chapman is one author you don't want to miss!
Joleen
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I’m not sure I’d classify this as a novella as it was far too brief. I think it took me less than twenty minutes to read it. But it was a well written introduction to the Pebble Creek series.

Well, I’m hooked. I’ve already fallen in love with the few characters included in this introduction.

I’ve pretty much gotten away from Amish Fiction, but Ms. Chapman's work stands apart from so many others that I’m looking forward to reading the rest.
Sherri L. Chasteen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
good book although very short
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing

When Joseph Bontrag
D.J.
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

Should Esther give Joseph another chance...

Home to Pebble Creek is the perfect prequel to A Promise For Miriam! Although I have no idea why I have never read the Pebble Creek Amish Series, I feel blessed that I was able to read Home to Pebble Creek first…

It’s such a great introduction to the series!

I love the peek at the characters in this short story, preparing us for the three novels in the series. And the funny part it, I can’t talk about how the first novel begins, because I haven’t read it
Jasmine
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This delightful short story takes readers back in time before A Promise For Miriam and tells the story of Miriam's fellow teacher, Esther.

Esther has some choices to make, the boy she loved is back and looking to settle down in Pebble Creek. Esther is still mad at him for leaving, will she truly forgive him or will she hang on to her anger? And when a storm comes up scaring her horse will she make it home safely? Will anyone find her before anything worse than a broken buggy wheel happens?

This t
Elizabeth
Home to Pebble Creek
by Vannetta Chapman

I enjoyed this free ebook by Vannetta Chapman. It is a short ebook romance prequel to The Pebble Creek Amish Series by Vannetta Chapman.
Joseph Bontrager leaves Pebble Creek without a word to Ester Schrock. Her world is turned upside down. She has always loved Joseph and cannot understand why he would leave Pebble Creek . Ester teaches at the Schoolhouse with Mirian King. Nineteen months goes by and Ester does not get one word from Joseph . Well Joseph retu
Bridget
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to a series I have yet to read. When I saw this novella, I was looking for a quick read and decided in this one.

I actually did enjoy this little novella. Of course, the story line went really fast, but it is really cute still. Again, this is the prequel to other books. I am considering at least looking into reading the first one after this (A Promise For Miriam).

This is a Christian series, about an Amish family & friends. When I do read Christian books, I do tend to like the Am
⚜️Trea
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenges-2013
This was an extremely short story that should be read before A Promise for Miriam. It is the backstory of how Esther and Joseph got engaged, which is a given fact in Promise for Miriam. I liked having the backstory, I just wish I had read it before reading A Promise for Miriam! ...more
Crystal
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had read Christmas at Pebble Creek and definitely enjoyed it, so I was pleased to find this short story as well. In this 2nd chance love story we meet Esther and Joseph. Joseph had left a devastated Esther when he left the area. Now he’s back and the first person he searches out is Esther. Having finally got over the initial devastation, she’s still hurt and angry and lets him know immediately. Will Esther be able to overcome her feelings and move on?
This story happens very quickly, but the c
Victoria Simcox
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miriam encouraged with her words, in spite of threatening situations. Esther was unpleasant to Joseph and she found it hard to be kind to him like in their past. He’d departed from Pebble Creek, and her visions and expectations for the forthcoming disappeared as well. Courageously moving on, she recommenced her teaching at the school, then Joseph came back. Esther grows cold instead of happy. In spite of her early enthusiasm, she feels resentment in place of love. Can she pardon Joseph for parti ...more
Rhonda Gayle
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story to read along with The Pebble Creek Amish Series. I had read the books in Vannetta's series and this book filled in some of the puzzle pieces for me. It was wonderful to read how Joseph and Esther got together as well as Miriam and Gabe and little Grace. I fell in love with "Pebble Creek" and the cabins when I read the books in the series, so this was a very special story to me. Thank you so much for offering this free short story, Vannetta! It was a pleasure to read.
Pam Pavkov
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There is someone for everyone!

Home to Pebble Creek was written by Vannetta Chapman as a lead in to her next book. I enjoyed this short story and I read the book that was released. I received this short story free but with no obligation to review it. I have rated this story with five stars for a great lead in. All opinions are strictly my own and I would highly recommend this book to all those who love the Amish genre. Congratulations to Vannetta Chapman and I look forward to more wonderful stori
Sunnie
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This little novella was a nice intro to the series. I was able to get this free on Amazon. It led the way into the wonderful Pebble Creek series. At the end you get a little inkling of what might be forthcoming. The novella is a reminder that pride over forgiveness isn't the Lord's way. I enjoyed it very much and since it's free you might want to get yourself a copy. I am sure you will enjoy it, too!
Christy
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Esther is in love with Joseph and she devastated when he leaves Pebble Creek. Esther teaches teaches children with Mariam in Pebble Creek and tries to go on with life..

After sometime, Joseph returns to Pebble Creek. He and Esther encounter each other a few times, but Esther refuses to talk with Him at first, but later the two find themselves together, talking.

Great read. I look forward to reading other books/stories in this series.
Peggy Beasley
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a heart for Amish writing and a heart for Vannetta Chapman specifically. This is such a sweet opening to her Pebble Creek series. The warmth of the characters and the beauty and peace of Pebble Creek make me long to read the series again. Vannetta has a soft, yet often humorous way of spinning an Amish tale that gets you so caught up in the families you begin looking for your Kapp
Madeline Meixner
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I usually read Cozy Mysteries so this was a bit out of my wheelhouse but I loved every word of it! It reminded me of the feeling I got from reading The Mitford Series. It's definitely "cozy" even without a mystery.

I look forward to reading Christmas at Pebble Creek just to be able to visit with these lovely characters again. Vannetta Chapman has a new fan!
Anne Marie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a short story that you can read very quickly. I love books that are about the Amish and I also like the author so that is another reason I got this ebook while it was free. It is a prequel for "A Promise For Miriam". If you are new to Amish stories then this is one that I would recommend since it's by a great author and a short story.
Jenny Propst
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good short story

Well written short story that left me wanting to hear more of Joseph and Ester's story. I can see this as an outline for a story if an author decided to make it a full book. It also left me wanting to read the three books in the series. Reading this short story will help you decide if you would like to read the series.
Anita
Sep 13, 2013 added it
It was pretty good, except there was no surprises. I knew what was going to happen before it did. I might read more of her books just to see if things change. And I like learning more about the Amish.
« previous 1 3 next »

• An Unforgivable Secret (Amish Secrets #1)
  • A Wedding for the Widower (Brush Creek Brides #1)
  • Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #1)
  • A Lancaster Amish Storm 1:1 (A Lancaster Amish Storm Kindle Unlimited Series)
  • Unexpected Family (A Lancaster County Courtship Romance)
  • The Hawaiian Quilt, SAMPLER
  • A Home In The West (The Amish of Apple Grove,  #3.5)
  • Amish Cinderella #1 (Amish Fairy Tales series)
  • Lilies on Daybreak Pond (The Men of Lancaster County)
  • Zane (The McKades of Texas, #1)
  • The Ultimate Amish Romance Boxed Set Collection (1-8)
  • Betting on You (Always a Bridesmaid #1)
  • An Amish Country Quarrel (Lancaster County Amish Shorts Book 1)
  • Promising a Rose (Peace in the Valley #0.5)
  • False Worship - Book 1 (Amish Faith (False Worship) Series)
  • The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets #1)
  • The Beloved Christmas Quilt, SAMPLE
  • Lancaster County Second Chances (An Amish Of Lancaster County Saga #1)
Vannetta Chapman writes inspirational fiction full of grace. She is the author of over twenty novels, including the Pebble Creek Amish series, Shipshewana Amish Mystery Series, and Plain and Simple Miracle series. Vannetta is a Carol award winner, a Christy finalist, and she also received more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She currently writes Christian susp ...more

The Pebble Creek Amish (3 books)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • A Home for Lydia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #2)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #3)

News & Interviews

“I taught the older grades—five through eight. They required my full attention and kept my mind busy.” 2 likes
“friends, but life eventually resumed its rhythm—Saturdays at” 2 likes