Start by marking “Greta and the Glass Kingdom (Mylena Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Greta and the Glass Kingdom (Mylena Chronicles, #2)

Greta and the Glass Kingdom

(Mylena Chronicles #2)

Once upon a dark time…

Greta the human bounty hunter never quite fit into the shadowed, icy world of Mylena. Yet she's managed to defeat the demon Agramon and win the love of the darkly intense Goblin King, Isaac. Now Isaac wants her to rule by his side—a human queen. And the very announcement is enough to incite rebellion…

To make matters worse, defeating Agramon left Greta
Published February 9th 2015 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Greta and the Glass Kingdom, please sign up.
Meaghan I messaged Chloe Jacobs and she said that the release date is wrong and that have been delays and even she is not sure when the book is to be…moreI messaged Chloe Jacobs and she said that the release date is wrong and that have been delays and even she is not sure when the book is to be released.(less)

Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the first book, Greta and the Goblin King! I have been dying for this book and I'm so happy it didn't disappoint. My major worry was that there wouldn't be enough Isaac. LOL I mean I'm not sure there can ever really be enough but I was still happy that even though this story has Greta making a journey on her own Isaac is never far from her thoughts or dreams. If you have not read the first book and met this sexy and sweet Goblin King then you really must!

I love the fantasy set
Beth
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two years is a long time to wait for the next book...but all is forgiven with Chloe Jacobs ability to weave pure magic into her pages.

Greta and the Goblin King, took on a Demon in the previous installment. During their battle some of the demon's taint has dug deep into Greta. Together Greta and Issac, the king, are facing the prejudiced against Greta's humanity while they are struggling through her ability to keep the evil tainted magic under control.

I was not surprised that I loved this story.
Morgan E
I received this from Netgalley for my honest review. Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC

Well looks like I'm in the minority here. I didn't enjoy this book.

In the beginning, I thought it was going good. It starts out where we were left off but the feel was different. Greta was no longer bad ass bounty hunter but a whinny, insecure girl. I didn't like the direction that the book took right off the bat and I have to say, I only made it like 60 pages in. The whole story felt contrived and strained
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I have been waiting so long to get my hands on this book. I had been building up the anticipation for over two years now. I’m not going to lie, I was nervous. What if the sequel didn’t live up to my expectations? What if I didn’t love the series as much anymore? I mean I love Isaac and I had so much hope for the sequel, but as with any sequel I always have those little voices of doubt in my head. I shouldn't have worried though because Greta and th
Farrah
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
With thrills, twists, and an unexpected betrayal, Greta and the Glass Kingdom was a wonderful sequel that topped the first. It upped the stakes, revealed a few secrets, and the ending changed the game. I thought it was great.

Greta was as strong as always and she went through some growth. In book 1, she came across as narrow-minded and somewhat cold. But, in this book, she became more accepting of the land she found herself in and more willing to hope for the impossible. It made her a more likabl
Lexie
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't know how I feel about this! I'm serious. Everything felt so...sudden. At least everything after the party scene. Greta goes on a adventure. Things go badly. Isaac comes for her. Things go even worse. Greta keeps traveling and things get even worse. There is literally NO GOOD things that happen. Every step Greta takes is one step further into misery and despair.

And I just couldn't understand why.

This is a pretty standard length book by today's YA fantasy standards. And while the first bo
Elizabeth
Dec 30, 2014 marked it as to-read
Puedes ver la entrada original aquí

Cuando vi la portada no supe reconocer la saga, pero fue porque volvieron a diseñar la portada del primer libro, y este, el segundo libro es con estilo del primero.

Tengo que decir que adoro la portada. Me parece hermosa, muy limpia y muy bien realizada. El juego del cambio de la tipografía y sus colores es perfecto.

El libro es el segundo de la saga Mylena Chronicles, y saldrá a la venta en febrero de 2015 (así que podría ser una o
Simone
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2015
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review.

Greta and the Glass Kingdom is book two of The Mylena Chronicles. This book continues where book one left off. Greta is living in the Goblin King’s palace. Every night she has nightmares and the dark magick that seeped into her at the portal fights to overtake her. Siona, Issac’s cousin seems to be the only one capable of helping her tamp it down. When the rest of Mylena gets word that the Goblin King has chosen a human to be
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chloe Jacobs' Greta and the Glass Kingdom was a long time coming! But the wait was totally worth it because this read was epic!

We pick up the story where we left off for the most part, and naturally my over-stuffed brain has read wayyyyy too much since this read and I couldn't remember everything that happened. But there's enough detailed weaved through the pages that I was able to get enough details to know what's going on. Greta is living in Isaac's palace, but is still plagued with nightmares
Jaime Lester
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read Greta and the Goblin King just a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. It was full of emotion, passion, romance, adventure, magic. I had a feeling that I would like it, but I had no idea just how much. I read it in a couple of hours. Just couldn't put it down! I wanted Glass Kingdom in my hands, immediately after reading Goblin King. Thankfully, I am a part of this wonderful tour, so I didn't have to wait too long!

Glass Kingdom starts off right after the events at the end of G
Magen Corrie
My Review:

**ARC received in exchange for a fair and honest review**

I'm so happy to finally get the next part of Greta and Isaac's story. I have really missed being in the world of Mylena.

The world that Chloe created is by far one of my favorite aspects of this series. She really created a fantastical world filled with creatures that are both scary and amazing. I love the little bits of lore and culture she wove into her story. The land itself was really amazing, not just the creatures that inha
Maghon Thomas
Sweet baby Jesus, I was not prepared for this. I did not expect the author to have such a devilish streak that she likes to torture her characters so much! And then make it better to have to throw you for a big ole loop at the last second of the ending. And boy oh boy have I become a die hard fan after this one. I don't even know what to say except that this writer has made me love these characters so much that I'm a mess at the end of the book.

Greta saved a lot of people at the end of book one
Linda
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, fae, young-adult
Expect to be blitzed with loads of surprises, twists and turns, heartbreak and unexpected betrayals!

Isaac: "Visiting the provinces has made me realize it's far past time I make it clear to one and all that my heart is claimed and my commitment to you is true."

Greta: She’d finally realized how rare and special what they’d started together was. No king and queen anywhere were going to be as good together as they would be. She was finally going to prove that not only was she good enough for Isaac a
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)

My second grade class has been working on their fairy tale unit in Language Arts where they have been writing their own twists on the fairy tale of their choice. So, I way beyond excited to
Staci
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A mystical story that will completely change the way you think about fantasy novels!

When we left Greta, she had won the heart of the Goblin King and defeated Agramon, but unbeknownst to readers, another trial was heading Greta's way. In this next installment of the Mylena Chronicles we discover that Isaac wants Greta to rule his kingdom with him. While this seems romantic to the literary audience, it is anything but to the people of Mylena. To them it feels like betrayal. How can their kingdom
Faye
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book better than the last especially because of Greta's character. It was a vast improvement. The story of Greta continues with Isaac wanting her to be his queen (loved that) and something within Greta is going on that she needs to journey to the Glass Kingdom with the gang (some new and minus Isaac).

I loved Isaac. He was my favorite character in book 1 and is still is. I was shocked about what happened to him and I was like please let it not be like Dimitri's situation in VA. It's
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian-ya
After the events of Greta and the Goblin King, there is a lot of craziness going on in Greta and the Glass Kingdom. Ever since Isaac pulled Greta back into Mylena through the black portal, she's had a dark magick inside her soul that she isn't fully able to control. Plus, she's been outed as a human in a world that hates humans, so when Isaac wants to publicly announce his intentions for her among his people, it doesn't go so well.

Greta is convinced to go on a journey to the faeries world, the
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Entangled Teen) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

When Greta was 13, she tried to save her brother from a witch’s fire and ended up falling through a portal to the land of Mylena where humans are the scum of the earth. Everyone believes that humans are to blame for the constant winter conditions. For 4
Tara
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
Greta and Issac are finally together, but their happiness is interrupted by Greta's recurring nightmares after the events with Agramon. Greta also feels a dark magick slowly spreading inside her which not only affects her but Issac too, leading him to draw nearer to becoming Lost. In order to stop the darkness, Greta journies to the glass kingdom to enlist the help of the faerie queen, but her journey is full of obstacles from ogres guarding bridges to blood wraiths and even the betrayal of a su ...more
Bree
Feb 07, 2017 marked it as to-read
Ktomishima
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Jasprit
Greta and The Goblin King was a story which I absolutely adored, I loved the unusual but believable relationship that Greta found herself in, but most of all I loved Greta’s feistiness, her strength in that she never gave up. So I was thrilled that Greta and The Goblin King wasn’t the last that we would be seeing of this crazy world and fantastic characters that Jacob’s created.

I loved how the story immediately kicked off from where we were left off, Greta was still stuck in Mylena, but it seeme
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

In GRETA AND THE GLASS KINGDOM, Chloe Jacobs has created a fun and unique world, filled with lots of interesting characters. The main character, Greta, starts off with lots of problems to overcome, and they all seem to get worse quickly. Yet despite that the book starts out very slow, taking far too long to get the ball rolling.

I also had a few problems with the main relationship in the Mylena Chronicles series. I think Jacobs relied too heavily on the
Rhianna
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Didn't like the plot but the ending was sooooo good!

I loved Greta and the Goblin King so I feel really awful that I didn't quite share the same enthusiasm for GRETA AND THE GLASS KINGDOM. It started off very slowly and it wasn't long before it was one out-of-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire situation after another, after another, and so on. A lot was happening but strangely it felt like nothing was happening at the same time.

Greta, like many a heroine before her, has gotten stuck with some bad magic
Hannah (fullybookedreviews)
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Unfortunately, this book just wasn't a winner for me. I think with the three year gap between when I read the first book and when I read this one, my tastes changed rather substantially. I really did enjoy Greta and the Goblin King upon its release, but the series has lost its magic for me.

Things that irked me in the previous book were exacerbated in this one, namely:

1. The very colloquial/slangy language in a high fantasy setting. While it makes sense in that Greta is from the human/modern wor
Becki
My goal this year is to finish some of these series I have started (cough, cough) years ago.

Well this sure didn't suffer from second book syndrome.
Mikelle
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's taken me so much time to finish finally but I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anybody one interested in reading it!!!
Oriza Amouri
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
WE NEED ISAAC MOREEEEEEE.
Casey
3 stars

I received an e-ARC copy of Greta and the Glass Kingdom from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I received this book, opened it up and didn't understand anything. So after days of trying I went looking for the first book. Found the kindle edition for 99 cents. (thank you amazon). To understand this book you really really need to read the first one. There is no summary or good explanation for readers who pick up the second book first. My review of Greta and the Go
Liz Calderone
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Descent (Kissed by Death, #3)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • A Witch's Memory (The Council, #1)
  • The Devil: Episode 5 (Sacrifice Me #5)
  • Flawed (Perfection, #2)
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • Awakening
  • The Fiercest Joy (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • Faith (Soul Savers, #7)
  • Mother May I (Knight Games, #4)
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #8)
  • The Phoenix Born (A Dance of Dragons, #3)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • Second Stone (Souls of the Stones, #2)
  • Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy, #1)
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • After Death (Fractured Souls, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
Chloe Jacobs is a native of nowhere and everywhere, having jumped around to practically every Province of Canada before finally settling in Ontario where she has now been living for a respectable number of years. Her husband and son are the two best people in the entire world, but they also make her wish she'd at least gotten a female cat. No such luck. And although the day job keeps her busy, she ...more

Mylena Chronicles (3 books)
  • Greta and the Goblin King (Mylena Chronicles, #1)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
“Please, Isaac. I just want..."
"What wishes do you make of me now?" His voice was a low murmur that teased the wispy strands at her temple until she felt the hesitant press of his lips. "I'll grant every one.”
1 likes
“Not when she’d finally realized how rare and special what they’d started together was. No king and queen anywhere were going to be as good together as they would be. She was finally going to prove that not only was she good enough for Isaac and good enough to stay in Myena, she was good enough to rule Myena.” 1 likes