Start by marking “Mad World: Desperation” as Want to Read:
Mad World: Desperation

Mad World: Desperation

“Forget what you thought you knew about this story, because everything is about to change.
With Alyssa near death, Luke, Jacob and their companions make a desperate attempt to reach Boston with the final ingredient needed for the plague antidote. They must travel through the Canadian wilderness, some of the roughest country in North America. Along the way they are joined
Published October 4th 2013 by Black Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about Mad World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad World

Start your review of Mad World: Desperation
Debbie
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
An amazing follow up in the nail biting zombie series,this book promises excitement and thrill and delivers over and over again. Non stop danger follow the sanctuary team as they battle one of the most difficult wars of their life. It is a race to save a loved one and a race to save the world. Will they complete their journey or will the destruction of the world continue? Pick up this read and find out.
Ashlee Elizabeth
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god!!!! Definitely a nail biting, the edge of your seat (not just a whole book ... But...) by every page that's been turned!!! I definitely chewed the crap out of my nails!!! Got to get them growing again!!! I enjoyed the zombie apocalypse trilogy ride!!! Great job, Samaire!!!! So damn proud of your work!!!! ...more
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I have been waiting for its release for months and I couldn’t wait to see how this series ended. I was not disappointed.

This final installment of Mad World is narrated by Luke. You can tell it is narrated by a young man. It took a while to get into that groove/mindset of a twenty-something male but once I did, this book moved and was every bit as exciting as the first two books. I couldn’t put it down until I was finished with it. And there wasn’t a
Samantha March
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Samaire Provost is now on tour with CLP Blog Tours and Mad World: Desperation

I have been following this series from book one, and I was actually surprised by how much I liked these reads. I’m not a huge fan of zombies or apocalyptic books, but I found myself very much looking forward to the second and the third books. The third is different from the first two as we hear the story from Luke’s POV instead of Alyssa’s. Alyssa is actually near death after a battle with zombies, and her family,
Step Into Fiction
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ashley
This story is told from Luke's POV. I was surprised to be honest, bu I'm not sure why. The first two books were from Alyssa's POV but it makes sense with her being put into a medical induced coma and everything. I really enjoyed seeing this world through Luke's eyes though. It gave you a different perspective on everyone and everything.

Read full review at Step Into Fiction

Review completed by: Ashley
Jennifer Delgado
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I must say I loved this book. I had been waiting for a while for the final book in the Mad World series to come out. The wait was definitely worth it. I am truly not a zombie fan, but this series had me hooked. The ending of Desperation was awesome. Even if you're not a zombie fan, read this and you definitely will be!
Edy Branscom
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-reads
Another wonderful page turning zombie romp! As the third book in the Mad World series, Desperation takes us on a journey to save Allyssa. The zombies are evolving and getting to where the team needs to be takes new twists and turns as they fight ever smarter zombies on their race to get there in time. I have had a blast reading this series. Thank you Samaire for writing such fun books.
Brittany
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: samaire-provost
besides it taking a little while for me to finish reading this book, it was really good. I would agree that this was probably the best in the series. I'm really happy how the book went and ended. If Samaire does decide to make another book, I can't wait for it and would be happy to read it!
Ashley Byland
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Jon Latham
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A 204 page Mad World novel. Unlike the first two novels of the series, Epidemic and Sanctuary which were told through the eyes of Alyssa, this novel is told through the eyes of Luke.

Alyssa, Luke’s adopted mother, was infected at the end of Sanctuary and lies unconscious at the sanctuary in Winnipeg. Luke sets out with his remaining adopted family, dad Jake, Uncle DeAndre, sister Risa and her husband Jonathan, in an effort to reach Boston to get the cure for his mother.

As you would expect from
Natacha Lalande
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I have not read the other books of the series yet, but i received this one for having participated to it's creation as french translator, for the french Canadian slang in it.

What is great about this book is that as everything is about to change, you do not need to have read the first book to understand. All you need to know as you jump into it, if it's the first book of the series you read, is that there is a plague happening where people turn into zombies if bitten.

A family and other survivors
Charli
May 15, 2014
Braincloud
Jan 13, 2014
Denise Cartisser
rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2015
Dec 10, 2013
shante mackey
Feb 25, 2015
Zombies everywhere 1 4 Nov 22, 2013 09:50PM

• Broken World (Broken World, #1)
  • Mad World (Broken World, #3)
  • Llewellyn's 2019 Witches' Datebook (Annuals - Witches' Datebook)
  • Fire in the Belly: On Being a Man
  • Pocket PCRef
  • Norse Magic
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • New Fix-It-Yourself Manual
  • Second Life: The Official Guide
  • How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic
Samaire Wynne grew up in a lot of different places, and now happily resides on the
East Coast of America, laboring away at writing stories every day. She is an animal lover with far too many pets, yet she still muses how she’d like to add even more. A lover of all things night and gothic, she also loves to read and reread her favorite books. Owned by a cat named Tyrion, she can be found haunting