Start by marking “Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #3)” as Want to Read:
Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #3)

Lady of Pleasure

(School of Gallantry #3)

Educating one's self in the art of love takes time...

Lady Caroline Arabella Starling has been in love with her older brother's best friend, Caldwell, since she was thirteen. Unfortunately, too many things keep getting in the way of proving her love. Her four younger sisters, her mother, her brother, all of society and the man she loves himself. But where there is a will, t
Published March 12th 2013 by Delilah Marvelle Productions, LLC (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Pleasure

Delilah Marvelle
Aug 24, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dear Reader,
Many of you have been waiting ever so patiently for the arrival of book 3 in the School of Gallantry series. You will be tickled to know that the Hawksford family (including Little Miss Morbid Mary) is about to sweep back into town and cause trouble. Think you know the Hawksfords? Think again. Trouble is about to be redefined. And more importantly, everyone's idea of respectability and love is about to get spanked.
Yours Truly,
Delilah Marvelle
Keri
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Settle in ladies, because this is going to be a long fan-gurl squee review...can't be helped. :-) I wrote to Delilah after I read the 2nd SoG book and told her I couldn't wait for the next book in the series. I was heartbroken when she told me that the series wasn't going to continue because the publishing issues. So it was with a happy heart when I saw that she never gave up getting the series restarted and so here we are. The book takes place in tandem with Alex's book, (Lord of Pleasure). You ...more
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I was a bit on the fence about this series, it was enjoyable but fairly lightweight. Lady of Pleasure managed to combine a fairly serious subject (view spoiler) with the irreverent School of Gallantry theme for a much more rounded story. Thus the four star rating.

This series is definitely growing on me.
Verity
Tracy T.
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, amazing series, amazing narration by Delilah Marvelle (audible review)
Wow I loved this story. I loved the whole series. Caroline is an amazing character. She was strong, smart, funny, outspoken and forthright. And she loved Caldwell times 1000. Caroline's mother, father and sisters were a hoot. I love that they were so unconventional and open with everything. Such a nice change from the normal historical romance books.

Caldwell was awesome too. He was strong, handsome and sexy. He
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
LADY OF PLEASURE is very different in tone to the previous two books in the series, MISTRESS OF PLEASURE AND LORD OF PLEASURE. Whilst these two were uproariously funny, this book is much darker…a compelling and intensely emotional story of friendship, heartache, love, understanding, forgiveness and redemption. It’s a story that really drew me in and elicited so many emotions as I was reading it. Ms Marvelle is an author who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of historical romance. I admire her ...more
Mary Gramlich
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone has a right to expect that you will have someone to love

Caroline has known since she was thirteen years old the Ronan was the man she would love forever. Her only goal was to grow up so they could marry and live happily ever after regardless of what it takes to achieve that goal. Caroline did not know that while Ronan may have wanted all these things as well he understood they would never happen, his family responsibilities demanded he choose another path for his life.

Ronan had to fight
Carol
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been BEGGING Delilah, on my knees, for years to add to the incredible pleasure read of the School of Gallantry. Finally the planets aligned and Lady of Pleasure is the incredible result. If you think this will be "more of the same" you would be wrong. After all this IS Delilah Marvelle, in all her glorious historical, romantic, splendor. Kind of Fielding meets Euripides. The two sided lucky coin of comedy and tragedy.

If you thought you knew Caldwell from the second book in the series, you
Wench
Y'all. This book. I could NOT.

1. Trigger warning for rape, pedophilia, and coerced consent.

2. DEBRETT'S. LEARN IT. LOVE IT. NO ONE'S CORRECT FORM OF ADDRESS IS "DOWAGER". SHE ALSO ISN'T ONE YET.

3. SAME WITH WIKTIONARY.

4. ALSO AN ANATOMY LESSON, UNLESS YOU DELIBERATELY MEANT TO EVOKE MOTHERFUCKING SERIAL KILLERS.

5. The school the series is built around doesn't make an appearance until 65% through the book. WHY.

6. If you don't like sexual behavior beyond monogamous, vanilla, heterosexual pen
Sophie Barnes
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The characters in this story were extraordinarily well crafted and real. The heroine was both sweet and funny, her devotion to the man she loved incredibly endearing, while the hero invited endless amounts of sympathy throughout, due to his tragic past.

When Caroline Arabella Starling meets her brother's best friend, Ronan Henry Dearborn, the fourth Marquess of Caldwell, for the first time at the age of thirteen, she takes an instant liking to him. In spite of the twelve year difference between t
Cerian
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I absolutely loved it.
I've previously read books by Delilah Marvelle, but this is the first in the School of Gallantry series I've read, and the first thing on my to do list is to get my hands on the previous two books!

I immediately felt myself drawn into the story. Starting with Lady Caroline as a rather wise and precocious 13 year old who befriends the outwardly rakish Ronan, Marquess of Caldwell. Their friendship is very sweet, and you can easily see why Caroline swiftly falls in love wi
Dana Delamar
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun installment in the School of Gallantry series. I really enjoyed the first two books, Mistress of Pleasure and Lord of Pleasure, so I'm pleased Delilah Marvelle is continuing the series!

As usual, the hero and heroine are intriguing and entertaining. Caroline is more forthright than Ronan, despite being his junior by over a decade, and I enjoyed seeing how her direct manner kept him both fascinated and off-kilter. Ronan has some very dark secrets, and as they unfold, we see how they'v
Marquita Valentine
I loved the story of Ronan and Caroline. And I stayed up waaaay late into the night finishing their story, because I JUST had to experience their happily ever after.

I'll definitely being waiting (impatiently) for the next book Ms. Marvelle publishes.

Also: That cover!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. :)
Jessie
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rcrw-members
Full Disclosure: I am a huge fan of the School of Gallantry series and even though I had to wait three years for book 3, I was extremely lucky enough to be one of the author's beta readers. So of course, I love this book. :-)
a & e
I loved it! I like how with each book we're going more into the past. Chronologically the first book's events were the last to happen
Kati
Review coming soon. I must figure out words *sigh* Amazing
Lynn
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fine, but a little too modern in it's tart-iness considering the historical setting. Kinda trashy.
Tin
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Disclosure: I requested for a review copy of this book from the author. Thank you to Delilah Marvelle for the opportunity. Yes, this is an honest review.

Ronan Henry Dearborn, Marquess of Caldwell has looks, a lofty title and nothing more. He inherited a crumbling estate, an aunt in France in need of financial assistance, and debts in staggering amounts. His last-ditch plan to raise funds resulted in disaster -- and even greater debts.

His one salvation is his friendship with Lady Caroline, the yo
Jen Davis
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A deliciously angsty hero; a heroine who is steadfast, loyal and knows her own heart. Fabulous sexual tension and a love story to pull on the heartstrings. Simply put, this book rocked my socks off. In her letter to readers at the before the story begins, Delilah Marvelle says the publishing industry has no place for a book like this one. Perhaps the industry needs its head examined, because this book gave me absolutely everything I want in a historical romance.

Still need convincing? Let me give
Margaret Foxe
I am a big fan of Delilah Marvelle. Her novels are consistently good, with great story lines and great heat in the bedroom. That said, this book had one big problem. I would probably give this 3 1/2 stars if I could, just because it wasn't my favorite novel that she has done, and the heroine is really unlikeable. I was really shaking my head when the heroine rushed off to that house party, knowing the kind of scum that would be there. She really was clueless about her own safety and the possible ...more
Shh I'm reading!
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I was first introduced to Marvelle with Mistress of Pleasure and really enjoyed it. It was a historical romance that finally embraced people as being the flawed beings they are, and didn't shy away from the taboo aspects of sexuality generally ignored in historical romance. Now that she is finally continuing the series I had to scoop up Lady of Pleasure and loved it as well.
Ronan, is a deeply scarred man, twelve years older than Caroline, the oldest sister in a scandalous, free-spoken family. Du
Vanetta Quintana
This was the first series I read of Delilah’s and it was years after it was published, I read books one and two back to back, and for the past several years been counting down till she finally had this published.
NOTE: I try not to put spoilers in my reviews.
I loved how this story began, for some reason it reminded me of me when I was younger..lol I remember being 13 and falling in love… so I could put myself in Lady Caroline’s place. I loved Caldwell from the previous book, and he is nothing li
Sondra
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far my favorite book in the Pleasure series!! I was afraid when I started this book that I would have to go back an re-read the other books because it has been a while since I last read them, but you DO NOT have to worry about it. This book could easily stand alone but the great thing is that it doesnt have too, and if anything I really want to go back even more now to re-read the others!! The main character in this book, Caroline is one of the best heroine's I have read about in a long time. ...more
Nancy Goodman
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a new romance hero and his name is Rohan Caldwell. what can I say, I have a penchant for deep tortured lords. Delilah Marvelle has once again brought us to to the School of Gallantry, now with the story of Lord Caldwell and Lady Caroline.
Caroline has loved him since she was a child, but Caldwell is too busy trying to shore up his finances and push away intimacy. This is a story of sexual abuse and redemption, of hope and love. You need to carve out time to curl up with this book and if yo
Michele Lacroix
What can I say, but I loved this book and it was hard for me to put it down at night. I'm so glad that Ms. Marvell, I was so disappointed when I heard that she wasn't going to write anymore of the School of Gallantry, then suddenly discovered that there were two more books. This book hit me hard, because I could sympathize with Ronan. I started feeling the old hurt comeback again from my childhood, I loved how Caroline loved her Lord and knew her own mind. Now I have to find book 2 Alex's book a ...more
Ashley Lauren
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Marvelle does it again. This is a great continuation of the "Pleasure" series - Caldwell and Caroline are wonderful characters. It was so much fun to read and their love for each other is one of the best, and believable, you could get. However, when it comes to smuttiness, I have to say there's not nearly enough. I understand why - more with this storyline would have been forced. So, I couldn't quite make the 5 stars with this but I enjoyed it all the same!
Natasha
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but probably not quite as much as her previous books. You really can't go wrong with Delilah though. She tells stories so amazingly well and is obviously well researched. I loved getting back to the school and can't wait to get the other stories from them all!
Amy Alvis
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since reading the other books in the series, I have been anxiously awaiting its continuation. I was not disappointed. I will not summarize the story as it's been done already, but I will say that I stayed up until 2 am on a work night to finish reading it. I just couldn't put it down.
Olivia
very heart warming second chance for hero and heroine who loves him unconditionally. I was moved and a bit sad when he relays his trauma that I just wanted to hug Ronan. Caroline is smart and knows what she wants. I loved that about her. This was beautifully told, and handled well.
Maria
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ronan & Caroline's story was fantastic. His story made me cry and her real love for him brought me joy. This story had a very serious topic of his past. She was relentless since she was 13 and very forthright. I loved their witty banter. I know you will enjoy this fourth book in the series.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 08, 2015 12:14PM
  • The Problem with Seduction (The Scandalous Spinsters, #2)
  • His Wicked Heart (Secrets & Scandals, #2)
  • Tempting the Marquess (Weston, #2)
  • The Letter
  • To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield (Wicked Wagers, #1)
  • A Dangerous Invitation (The Rookery Rogues, #1)
  • Dark Surrender (Passion & Promises #2)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)
  • Not Proper Enough (Reforming the Scoundrels, #2)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • The Price of Temptation
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • A Wicked Liaison
  • A Study in Seduction (Daring Hearts, #1)
  • Lady Mercy Danforthe Flirts with Scandal (Sydney Dovedale, #3)
  • The Unclaimed Duchess (Billingham Bastards, #2)
  • Wayward One (Waywroth Academy #1)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
I spent my youth studying various languages, reading voraciously, and playing the pianoforte. I confess that here ends the extent of my gentle breeding. I was a naughty child who was forever torturing her parents with countless adventures that they did not deem respectable. Confined to my room on many occasions due to these misadventures, I soon discovered the quill and its amazing power. I scribe ...more

School of Gallantry (7 books)
  • Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1)
  • Lord of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #2)
  • Night of Pleasure (School of Gallantry, #4)
  • Master of Pleasure (School of Gallantry, #5)
  • Romancing Lady Stone (School of Gallantry, # 6)
  • The Duke of Andelot (School of Gallantry #7)