Start by marking “Damian (The Heartbreaker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Damian (The Heartbreaker, #1)

Damian (The Heartbreaker #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  3,585 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
Meet Damian Castillo. The man, the legend, the heartbreaker. As a self-proclaimed man-whore, Damian doesn’t believe in love or commitment. In fact, he can’t remember the last time he’s had feeling for a woman that went beyond hot, no-strings-attached sex. The only things he cares about are his bar, his appearance, and his needs.

But then he meets Alexis.

Meet Alexis Blythe.
Published December 21st 2013 by ERH Press (first published December 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Damian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damian

Stop driving me bonkers, GoodReads!! Full review is now posted.

1 Pretty-Outsides-Hide-Hideous-Insides Star

PopSugar Challenge 2016

Category: A Book with a protagonist with your occupation (Legal assistant, for all it’s mentioned about twice and never shown)

I have been a very, very shallow vampire ninja; and I have paid the price. Four dollars, to be precise. Do you see that cover model? He is beautiful. This book however was a complete and utter DISASTER, for me. I HATED Damian, both the titular
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

photo Free Ye xB by sb_zpsxv6xwmlp.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/16/2015)

BLURB:

But then he meets Alexis.

Meet Alexis Blythe. A small town girl that has lost a lot of love in her life. Wanting to leave her pas
Sheryl
Okay this was a pretty solid 4 star read; i mean i LOVE me a good MAN-WHORE who turns into absolute GOO over a girl... but then... I GOT TO THE END!!!! WTF???!!!! Seriously, anyone that KNOWS ME, KNOWS I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!! ARGH!!!! Now i NEED the next book to find out what happens!!!! *bangs head against table* WHY? WHY?
Candace
Damian is an over-the-top, stereotypical, man-whore commitment-phobe. He sleeps around A LOT. One day, while taking some random floozy up to his apartment for a quickie, he meets his new neighbor, Alexis. Sparks fly, etc., etc. He finds himself unable to get her out of his mind and, cocky guy that he is, he decides that he is going to have her in his bed.

Alexis has just moved to San Francisco after catching her long-time boyfriend cheating on her. She's taken aback by Damian's good looks, but pe
Sarah Darlington
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 MIXED FEELINGS stars!

I'm confused right now.  And no, my confusion has nothing to do with the cliffhanger.  I kinda of liked this novel (I mean I read it straight through without stopping...so something kept me going) but then at the same time...I've got some doubt in there. Let me explain...

So, Damian is a major playa-playa.  Before Alexis, we see him have sex with 3 different ladies.  And I'm not playing around.  During the first clip there was anal sex, during the second a threesome, and du
Michelle Dodd
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WHERE IN THE HELL DID JESSICA FIND THIS HOT SEX MACHINE
Ladies cool your panties because Damian is beyond HOT. This book my goodness(fans self) where do I start. Damian is hot the cover does not lie and he literally is like that buzz in your 3rd drink that lets you know every muscle south is about to come alive. I could not and would not stop reading this. The worst part is Damian is a jerk. You know the kind of guy your minds made up about until he breathes on you and your skin is like charged w
Christina (Little Miss Book-Hearted)
1.05 cringy, "rich blue" stars.

This book is a perfect example why I mainly stick to fantasy. Bear with me, my reviews are always scattered after just finishing a book.

I finished this in two days, mostly because once it hit the half mark, I started skimming all their useless conversations and pushed to just finish this so I could move onto something worth reading.

I think this author must have gone through a similar situation meeting a 'Damian' in her life, because I am convinced she has a deep ha
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I love an all alpha male, but Damian? Way too cocky! At first I was like go Alex!!! Show him he can't be all that, and then she too fell under his spell :(
Then Damian effs up, and I'm like you go girl again, and then she does the unthinkable and I'm screaming EFF YOU BOTH!.

a. I liked Alex in the beginning a lot, then she became one of those...

b. Damian grew on me for a 2.5 seconds and then he too became one of those...

c. In the end, he drops the L bomb, and 3 minutes later when she gets a random
нυgѕαи∂¢σσкιєѕ
Another read that could have been a little bit better with the characters.

Damian is one player of a man-whore that I didn't like at all. Alexis is sweet and I liked her but I wished that she had really given him something to ache about. I mean seriously he crushes on Alexis and yet he still tells himself he can't commit.

I don't know the story was OKAY but I still didn't feel convinced by Damian's character. I guess I need a little more of him being genuine (yet I still see him as a player). Now
Rachel
Dec 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Deniz
Mar 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-no
So let's just start with the positive.It does have it's moments... Though mere moments they are.

This is quite well written, actually, which is why I finished it. And I think if the writing style would have been bad, I would have felt less ...well.. disappointed, but as it is I am just asking myself, why?

The Character building was kinda interesting. There is a clear visible attempt made to make the two MCs unique-ish. Sadly it was not quite successful. It was very promising at first and then just
Heather andrews
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alexis sure knows how to bring Damian down a peg or two, "I -" I was again caught off guard by her. "Well s***. Way to bust my balls, Alexis." I felt a need to defend myself, and this was a feeling I wasn't used to. "First of all, I don't have a girlfriend. That blonde you saw on the stairs the other day was just some random girl I effed. Second of all, when I offered you the drink just now, I was honestly trying to be nice. You seemed really upset and you're covered in dried pain, so I figured ...more
Rebecca
This book was another just quick and easy read, I like books like these as they are just the right size and they keep readers interested but it doesn't require any afterthought.

The main characters are Alexis and Damian, Alexis has just moved to California from living in a small town her whole life however after she caught her boyfriend of four years cheating on her she decided to make the move. Damian is a self proclaimed man whore, he's willing to give a girl the best night of their life but n
Donna ~
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for me!!!

** I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review **

I had high expectations after meeting Damian in A Day to Remember and I knew going in that he was a man-whore but Damian just didn't do it for me. Now, I know that I will be in the minority on this one and I totally love me some hot, dominating alpha males but something just didn't click for me.

Alexis and Damian seem to compliment one another and she gives Damian a run for his money. Damian is more intrigued by Alexis
Amanda Sheila
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Damian's indeed a man-whore.

He literally sleeps with hundreds of girls, easily, if I may add, who came into his bar. They simply gave their number and bam! Damian bang them. I tried to grow fond of this character, but I can't. He simply can't stop, not even after he felt something towards Alexis.

Sure he has his own reason but really, why in the world dude? I just can't. Not to mention how easy Alexis forgive him. I want to see him suffer, at least show him that Alexis got around too. I want to
Nareh
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Marlin
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, Jessica Wood is an awesome author. If you read The Day to Remember that's were we met Damian, this cocky, drop dead gorgeous bartender. We loved him so much that Jessica decided to write his book <3

I was one of the lucky few to get an ARC copy :) and I read it in one day lol :D I couldn't put it down. I just wanted to know what happened next,

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL THIS BOOK DON'T KEEP ON READING...

SPOILER ALERTTTT...

SPOILERR...

Damian is this man whore bartender and Alexis
Brooke Emmich
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jessica WoodDamianWow! I am in LOVE with this book/series!! Who can resist a bad boy who finally finds real feelings for someone... And you know there will be freak outs, trials and tribulations, and most definitely realizations. As in most books the "bad boy" meets an "innocent beauty" and even though they both feel the instant attraction and pull, they must work through their issues to find true love and happiness. I was immediately hooked by the narrators tone and ease of storytelling but kee ...more
G.L. Jackson
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of female characters who lose their shit over arrogant guys just because the guy has a pretty body. I've said before in reviews that I don't mind lust at first sight, but if it's going to be everlasting love at first sight, it had better be believable. I don't believe that fairly innocent and sweet Alexis would turn into the exact sort of purring sex kitten Damien was used to abusing (and believe me, "bad boy" doesn't have to equate to "abusive" and "reprehensible"), leaving behind ...more
Saunders
Well I would really like to add to this page what I thought of Damian but I don't think I would be allowed to print my views. This story is overwhelming predictable.

Beautiful man has his pick of women he uses and abuses then he meet HER but he also doesn't do relationships - until he meets HER.

Damian automatically rated women from 1 - 10, surveyed them from head to toe and then fu**ed them. That's who he was and then he met her - she was a 10.

this book was very clichéd. Full of amazing, full o
Natasha
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I kick myself for not reading it sooner. It was 2am when I finished the book and when I got to that last line I was freaking out "OH MY GOD!!" I couldn't sleep I had to see what came next. I loved the character and the chemistry they had. I was so emotional yelling at Damian "you idiot!" "Don't do that!!" " WHY!!!!" I even had to PM Jessica Wood to vent. Great story.
Dawn Parker
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mixed with feelings on this. Damian is extremely cocky and the way he treats woman...I have a hard time with. There is a reason for his behavior but still, I don't like it and his cockiness about himself. He starts off one way at the beginning of the read and is a somewhat different individual at the end. He still has a long way to go.

♔ Marli ♔
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
Damian an Alexis... 3.5 stars!!!

I really liked the story and the characters. Would've liked some more sexiness in some of the scenes like where she teaches him how to work with clay, but that's just me.

The end was a bit cryptic, and not how I saw the book ending. But, I suppose that the author entices her readers to purchase the next book, so that is what I'm going to do!
Ambulur
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wtf ending??!!! I need the next book now!
Vieira
I already reviewed this in e-book format. Why doesn't goodreads know the difference?
Mindy M
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book although if I met someone like Damian I probably would have told him to kick rocks! I'm finding it hard to get into book two but we'll see. This one was a fun read though.
Ahana .M. Rao
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. Maybe it was my own fault...maybe I expected too much from it.

3.5 stars.
Gladys (glad4twilight)
This was a freebie... It was ok and not so memorable. Damian and Alexis romance story.
Deb B
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
didn't mind this one though it's not really on my re-read list. it was a bit cliched and in places a bit OTT but overall not a bad story. the editing failed too as every now and then there was a word that just didn't gel (sounded right but the spelling was word with a different context). hated the ending .. i am not one for cliff hangers and thank goodness i had the next book ready to keep right on reading.
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Wild Renegade (Renegade, #2)
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Shadow & Soul (The Night Horde SoCal, #2)
  • The Right Kind of Love (Blue Hearts Series Book One)
  • Stricken Unveiled (Stricken Rock, #2)
  • Faster Longer (Take Me..., #3)
  • Together Forever (Forever #2)
  • No One's Surrender (Chadwell Hearts, #3)
  • Beautiful Chances (Beautiful, #1)
  • Tripp (My Way, #2)
  • Misjudged (Misjudged, #1)
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • Then Came Alexandra (Southern Love, #1)
  • Channeling Cleopatra
  • It Was Me (Abby and West, #2)
  • Meant for Me (Take Me Now, #2)
  • Songbird (Songbird, #1)
If you wish to be notified of upcoming book releases and news from Jessica Wood, you can sign up for her mailing list: http://jessicawoodauthor.com/mailing-....

Jessica Wood writes contemporary romance.

While she has lived in countless cities throughout the U.S., her heart belongs to San Francisco. To her, there’s something seductively romantic about the Golden Gate Bridge, the steep rolling hills o
More about Jessica Wood

The Heartbreaker (2 books)
  • Taming Damian (The Heartbreaker, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be