Start by marking “All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1)” as Want to Read:
All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1)

All the Pretty Lies

(Pretty #1)

“Live, no regrets”

Her…
Sloane Locke has led a sheltered life. However, with a history like hers, she can understand why her brothers and her father want so much to protect her. She has gone along with it for twenty long years, but those days are over. For the girl who never makes promises, Sloane has made a pact with herself that things will change on her twenty-first birth
Published November 11th 2013 by M. Leighton (first published November 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about All the Pretty Lies, please sign up.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile" All the Pretty Poses (The Pretty Series Book 2) is out now - $1.99 on Amazon today

Start your review of All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!!!

Loved this one!!!! It seemed to get mixed reviews amongst my GRs friends but I'm really glad I took a chance on it. I don't know if it was timing, mood or what but it worked for me. Loved Sloane and Hemi!

"Live, no regrets”

Sloane, our heroine...has grown up with her dad and three brothers. She lost her mom to cancer at a young age and ever since her "boys" have kept her on a tight leash. Trying to protect her from the world.

Sloane is sheltered. Inexperienced. Naive. And yes...s
Patrycja
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
img

Sloane is finally twenty one years old and she has had enough of being treated like a child by overprotective father and brothers. Long years constantly spend in the ‘cage’ are over. Sloane needs to spread her wings and live with no regrets. She feels like life is slipping through her fingers and if she doesn’t do something about it she won’t have a taste of real life.
To celebrate her birthday she’s going to tattoo parlour to mark her body with new motto. She didn’t expect to meet Hemi, a man t
DKristin
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read for number 200. I really, really, really enjoyed it!!! I loved that Hemi was teaching Sloane the ins and outs of tats!!! :D That was so different and as a lover of tattoos I really enjoyed it. The secrets that they were keeping from one another were deep and led to some really ugly crying/OH NO moments... Hemi was hot as balls, all alpha and smoldering yumminess! Sloane was adorable, a sheltered girl with a fighting spirit. I can't really say more than that without giv ...more
**ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

HOLY MOLY....M. Leighton has done it again. This book was a masterpiece. Have you been looking for a book that will keep you intrigued and on the edge of your seat at the same time? Well All the Pretty Lies is just that book. This book kept me intrigued and on the edge of my seat from the very first page to the very last. I love M. Leighton's writing. It is flawless!!!! Right from the beginning you know that Sloane and Hemi ar
Kiki
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
STEAMY. SEXY. SULTRY. MYSTERIOUS. SORROW. PAIN. HURT. GUILT. PASSION.

This books is... WOW... Jumps right in, no messing around. "HEMI THE HOTTIE" is true to the name, you are all about to melt like butter in his presence. His eyes are full of passion, lust, betrayal & hurt. His mind, body & soul are so deep. He is the predator who stalks his prey. Such a beautiful mysterious creature hiding his secrets deep within. Prepare yourself ladies bc you are about to get Rocked Hard!!

The day Sloan turne
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “butterflies” ‘Live, no regrets’ “little girl” ‘Frick!’ Kisses

Oh my...she did it again. M. Leighton turned me into a googley eyed happy little book worm. How??? How does she continually come up with these amazingly wonderful BBF’s, fabulous heroine’s you can’t help but love and these stories that just melt my heart? I don’t understand! Wait…I don’t want to understand! Because I love it!

Sloane Annelle Locke - first of all, love her name. Second of all, lo
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
This woman wrote a damn good book :)
 LEAH⇢
Book Title: All The Pretty Lies
Author: M. Leighton
Series: Pretty #1
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Own Kindle E-Book

OVERALL RATING: 3.8/5 STARS

Find my full review with video included for book song at Leah's Bookish Obsession

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪
Fly by Hilary Duff --these words are a perfect motto for Sloan…Hilary Duff isn't quite the right feel but the words are..
Fly
Open up the part of you that wants to hide away
You can shine,
Forget about the reasons why you can't in lif
Eya
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
3 stars
I must say I was quite dissapointed with this book as I expected much more from it. I can't say I didn't like it, but I definitely can't say I liked it. Does that make sense? Oh well. The first half of the book was amazing and I'd rate it with 4.5 stars... but the other half was just bleh. I think there was just too much of cheesy and cliche and straight out stupid moments. I don't know how to put it really, but the heroine was at some point just too naive and too stupid for my understand
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 18, 2013 marked it as considering
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Melissa
I need to read another M. Leighton book.... I usually don't go for naked girls on the cover... but I am willing to over look that. It has really great reviews.

“Live, no regrets”

Her…
Autumn Review
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
Intriguing. Mysterious. Sexy. All The Pretty Lies was all of this things and more! I was quickly pulled into this story and within the first few chapters already trying to make a guess about what was really happening. This was a fast paced read for me and I devoured it in one afternoon!

Sloane has been a bit sheltered her whole life. After her mother's death, she was raised by her cop father and her brother's. They kept her close and treasured her. As a result, she feels a bit stifled. Now that s
Loverlysbookblog
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
ONE OF MY FAVS THIS YEAR

When I first started the book I was a little hesitant. You have Sloane, a 21 year old virgin who decides to finally let herself live, steps into a tattoo parlor only to meet Hemi, the tattoo hottie. I was really worried, afraid that it was going to be like so many others I’ve read, but I was definitely wrong.

I absolutely loved it! I adored Sloane. She was strong willed, trying to gain her independence from her overprotective cop brothers and cop father. She wanted to live
Andrea
*ARC received in return for honest review*

There's hot and then there's Hemi!!

All The Pretty Lies is one damn HOT read...Michelle, I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
5 stars just aren't enough, I want to give it more.

I read ATPL in one sitting, not stopping til I finished at 3.15 a.m. couldn't put it down.
I had a serious book hangover for days after, didn't think it possible but Hemi kept me away from Jax Teller!!!

Get this on your TBR list NOW, you will absolutely love it.

Full review on makemydaybooks.
Kathryn
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There's not enough stars on here to show how much this book freakin rocked...
EPIC... Beyond phenomenal...
And new book boyfriend... OMG... So flippin in love with HEMI!!!!
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Full review:
*sighs*
I am so nervous about writing this review. You know when you come across a book that you just LOVE and you really hope people will see how much you LOVE it?? Well, yeah, that's me with ALL THE PRETTY LIES.
You see, truthfully, LOVE doesn't really describe the way I feel about this book. At leas
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Guys… if it wasn’t official before, it is definitely official now. M. Leighton does not know how to disappoint. I just absolutely head over heels loved this book. From beginning to end, I loved every little bit of it. It is just one of those books that digs its way into your heart and stays there. It’s a book that you do not shake easily, but you don’t really want to shake it.

I’m starting with Hemi, because guys, I absolutely loved Hemi. He is just
Shannon
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book..

The last few chapters fell a little flat for me, I wanted to see a bit more drama or something not really sure exactly what I was looking for but I wanted a bit more with the end.. Even the epilogue left me a bit 'eh' ish.

The rest of the book was great.. Great writing.. Hemi is amazing, Sloane is a great girl, they both share their own secrets. Hemi's bothered me a bit more, I knew what Sloane's were from the get go.. But Hemi, just him using Sloane for anything bothered me..

This boo
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
I have never wanted to march straight into a tattoo parlor to get some new ink more in my life.

M. Leighton has done it again! This is my third time reading one of her novels and each one is better than the last. All the Pretty Lies is a gripping, emotional read that will keep you guessing until the very end. It doesn’t hurt that it involves a tattooed hunk of a man… I’m telling you, this book was right up my alley.

Imagine living your life under the thumb of 3 older brothers and one very protecti
Kelli C
Im not sure who I love more M Leighton for her damn good books or her fictional bad boys. Holy S***, hello Hemi Spencer! Tattoo...ummm yes please, ill be right in to The Ink Stain! Damn, what a super quick, well developed little dynamo of a read. This book had all the right elements I needed in a romance...a scorching hot male with wicked bedroom talk, a strong female lead, a web of lies and deceit, suspenseful moments, and most importantly a very real relationship that built over time.

Hemi and
Loz
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was ok

i found this book predictable and cheesy at times. some of the things hemi would say to sloane in private moments made me roll my eyes. i just didnt feel the chemistry all that much between him and sloane and the underlying storyline and conflict that connected them felt rushed and almost like an after thought. sloane didnt have much of a personality either, which kills a book pretty fast for me. there's such high ratings and glowing reviews for this book that i went in expecting someth
★Ruth★
It was OK. Nothing particularly new. Even though the girl was a virgin it didn't bother me as much as usual due to her upbringing. And Hemi was hot enough.
Overall I guess it was a bit too sweet & cheesy for my tastes and it didn't seem from the first half that it was gonna be that way. Oh Well.
Laci
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-read
M Leighton is one of the first Authors I read when discovering romance and I can honestly say her books never fall short of five star reads for me. This one was no different. Outstanding!
A.L. Jackson
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
M. Leighton never disappoints...just loved Pretty Little Lies, love the innocence mixed with the insane hotness.
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog

I loved Michelle leighton's Bad Boys Series, so when I heard she had a new book out, I jumped and read it right away. I couldn't wait to read something new from her, especially a book about an inked up bad boy and an innocent good girl.
"Live everyday like it's your last, none of us are promised tomorrow."

Sloane is turning 21, but due to something that happened when she was younger, her dad (who raised her alone),  and her 3 brothe
Lyndsie
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Review will be posted Nov 6th on http://storiesandswag.blogspot.com/ ***

First off I am a huge fan of Michelle Leighton. The Wild Ones has been my number one book from her up until now. All The Pretty Lies blew me away!

Hemi, 28 year old, tattooed, 68 cameo driving, aviator sunglass wearing, Hemi. He is your bad boy to the core, and I am head over heels for him! Hemi has been on a mission for about two years to bring justice f
Cristina
It's been a long time since I've read something from a new author. That being said, I came to buy this book for two reasons. One being that I need new material to read, one can only re-read so much. And second, this book has great reviews.
When I read the blurb for the first time, my thoughts were something like this, "she's innocent, he's not. He's obviously a bad-ass and he has a secret. Hmm, I want to reveal those secrets..."
Needless to say, it wasn't what I expected. It wasn't bad and it wa
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Leighton has done it once again. She gives us the characters we love and the storyline we ache to read. ALL THE PRETTY LIES was absolutely fabulous and left me happy and eager for the next one.

Man, I just loved these characters so very much. Hemi and Sloane were both feisty and fun...complicated and endearing...protective and loving. In the beginning I felt a connection with them. I felt like I knew them even though we only just met them. From the start it is a given that Hemi and Sloane were ho
Michelle
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
DATE FINISHED: 2013/11/25 ----- RATING: 4.5 stars ----- TYPE OF NOVEL: Mature Adult Romance ----- REVIEW: Stand alone book. Sequels to be about related characters. This book grabs you from the start. Innocent girl finds bad boy and they both have secrets. Twist of a mystery along with mature romance keeps this story line interesting. Very good read. I will read the next in the series once released.
Hollie
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this read. Didn't fall totally in love with it because I found the heroine a bit annoying. She always seemed to complain about being treated like a child yet continually acted like a teenager. I'm not much of a fan of book heroines that are unrealistically virgins in there early 20s either. That being said it was still a good book although easily predictable. I liked Hemi but the name makes me think hemoroid which doesn't make me think of it as sexy. Lol.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Holy shit! Michelle has done it again. Love! Hemi!!! Swoon!!! Fantastic! Amazing! I want to read it again! *giddy claps!* bravo!!! I think I want to start it all over again! Full review to follow for the blog tour.
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Great story and I love how Michelle weaves a story, leaving you with enough questions and mystery to want to keep chasing them. The chemistry is amazing and I look forward to reading more in this series!!!

• Perché la notte appartiene a noi
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • Hard Body Rock (Body Rock, #1)
  • Dirty Money (Roughneck Billionaires, #1)
  • Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1)
  • Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)
  • Per una notte o per sempre
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
  • Chasing Butterflies (Chasing Butterflies #1)
  • The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • L'amore è sempre in ritardo
  • Dirty (Dive Bar, #1)
  • Forever (Friends, #3)
  • King
  • Mai come te (The Heartbeats Series Vol. 1)
  • For the Love of English
  • Rock Me Deep
  • Crossing the Lines
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more

Pretty (4 books)
  • All the Pretty Poses (Pretty, #2)
  • All Things Pretty (Pretty, #3)
  • All Things Pretty, Part Two (Pretty, #3.5)

News & Interviews

“—Tú eres mi esperanza. Tú eres la promesa de mi furuto. Sin ti, solo hay pesar, No hay bondad, ni color, ni belleza..., solo muerte y desolación. Tú me has traído de nuevo a la vida, Sloane, y no quiero volver a alejarme de ti.” 1 likes
“There are customers in the chairs in the lobby. They must be waiting. ” 0 likes