Start by marking “The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)

The Muse (Dark Art Mystery Series #1)

"What happens when Death is the Muse?"

Published October 12th 2013 by K. Wright Press

To ask other readers questions about The Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Muse

Kenya Wright
Warning: I wrote this awesomeness!

What happens when Death is the Muse?

This story goes deep into the intriguing world of dark art.

We have a broken-hearted nude model. . .

that begins working for one of the most famous dark artist in the world. She's trying to revive her career, and it seems she's made the right choice of modeling for him . . .

until the dead girls are discovered in his garden.

Did I mention that th
Jamie
Oct 10, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it
The promise of eccentric characters, promising mystery, and the hint of romance is what drew me in. What kept me reading was the need for more!

The characters were all very likeable and easy to relate to. I immediately felt a connection to Elle, the nude model, as she was just looking to find herself on her own, for the first time, without her possessive and mentally abusive ex-boyfriend controlling her every move and career. She is thrown into this new world full of art, magic, mental illness, a
Kathy Horsman
Oct 11, 2013 Kathy Horsman rated it it was amazing
This book was so F***** up.

I am not even kidding when I say that either. It was messed up, gory, traumatic, scary, nightmare inducing.....and I loved every page. The fact is that along with all the screwed up dark art psychological thriller-ness that was going on, it still managed to have a love story that was beautiful within it as well. The idea that light could come out darkness was obviously a theme throughout and when we find Elle at the door to a castle that belongs to the rival artist of
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

"What happens when Death is the Muse?"
On the first day of her nude modeling job, Elle deals with a corpse, an eccentric dark artist, his sexy brother, and a grandmother that can see someone's future by just touching their hands. Although these crazy distractions shove her on edge, it's just what she needs to mend her battered heart and forget about her ex-boyfriend. Besides, she does get to live in their castle for the whole three months.
Everyt
Dicey Grenor
Jan 02, 2014 Dicey Grenor rated it it was amazing
Well, well, well, Kenya Wright. What a way to kick off my 2014 reading.

Admittedly, I've been admiring this black author of multicultural fiction from afar for a while now. Her name keeps popping up in various author circles, and that's a good sign. I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Now I know.

I'm so glad I dived into this dark art story that she offered for free on Amazon. I don't think it will be leaving my conscious or subconscious mind any time soon. Romance, murder mystery, paran
Autumn
Oct 22, 2013 Autumn rated it it was amazing

I received this book to give an honest review. But I did just pick up my copy today from amazon.

I actually was suckered into this book from the beginning. You are following not only a model within this book but an artist who makes art well from Death. Which I think is beyond cool, only because you know you can get more of a reaction from death being displayed rather than living and things with color. Okay I know that totally sounded morbid.

I like the main character Elle and how she was willing
J.N. Sheats
Oct 16, 2013 J.N. Sheats rated it it was amazing
My buddy Kenya likes my unfiltered feed back, and gave me The Muse to beta read for her. Mainly because it has to do with art, and I have about a foot and 3/4 in the art door.
To my surprise this book was actually kind of lengthy, but I didn't care (I never have time to read anything over 100 pages). I started it one night before bed, and read right through the night. By noon the next day I had finished, still buzzing from its awesomeness!
Yeah that’s right, you heard me. I was drunk off this book
Mindy
Dec 02, 2013 Mindy rated it it was amazing
A cross between a murder mystery and a romance. Muse to one artist, called “Archangel” due to his angel paintings of her, Elle has been abused and mistreated for years. First by her father then by her supposed rescuer, Elle expects only abuse at the hands of men. She come to model for the “enemy” or her last artist to pay him back and for proof that she can still be a muse. However things are not all what they seem at the castle. Then imagine her surprise to find true love in the stoic brother o ...more
Marisa
Nov 21, 2013 Marisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, dark, horror
I can't even put into words how I felt about this book. It was so difficult to rate. I definitely enjoyed it, but it was so twisted and left me...gah, I don't even know.

Me while reading this book:

I mean....what? I can't....

That ending....

(I wish I had a "Dark as fuck" shelf, bc "Dark" doesn't seem to be enough, lol)
Camylle
Oct 09, 2013 Camylle rated it really liked it
Shelves: naughty-bits
This was a great read. Not at all what I expected. First of all this sucker has some meat to it (which is not a bad thing). The story flows well and Elle was cool. I liked Hex believe his weird family. The only downside to this book was that I got kinda lost in some of the cultural/religious explanations. Other than that! this is a great read that is perfect for a cool weekend, a blanket and a Hot Totty!!
Tammi
Oct 25, 2013 Tammi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books
Free on amazon. Check it out!! Great book

This is a great dark book.
Danita Minnis
Oct 12, 2013 Danita Minnis rated it it was amazing
I love Kenya Wright's poetic style in this captivating story of love and murder. Expect to be drawn in to the mystery, the color and emotions of The Muse's world as the truth unfolds. Ms. Wright never lets you go.
Takeisha
Nov 04, 2013 Takeisha rated it it was amazing
Loved how Kenya just has this dark twisted way of penning a book. Crazy book I was on the edge the whole wondering who's the killer.....
Alicia Garner
Nov 21, 2016 Alicia Garner rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This book was so thought provoking and imaginative. You never knew what to expect from each chapter and each character. I loved it!
A.R. Von
Dec 29, 2016 A.R. Von rated it really liked it
A 3.5 rounded to a solid 4 rating.
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

The Muse was an interesting story, at times shocking and a little disturbing, at times romantic and sweet. Our main character, Elle, has just gotten out of an emotional abusive relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Michael. He got famous painting her, and her nickname as a model is the “Archangel”, based on a series of portraits he did featuring her. However, she’s now gotten a job offering from Hex, an artist of the ma
SN the Viking
Oct 09, 2013 SN the Viking rated it it was amazing

Free on Amazon right now, go get it!!!

I am not usually a cover slut but this cover is just gorgeous and I love it. It is also goes very well with the story in the book and looks like the heroine.

This book took me by surprise in a really good way. I have never read anything like it before and it was brilliant, AMAZING.

photo friendsexcited_zpsb7704021.gif

In this book the author has made the most strange, bizarre, sick, crazy, fabulous characters I have read in my whole life wow just wow. Th
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Lovers of mysteries intertwined with irresistible contemporary romance will thoroughly enjoy The Muse, the first book in the Dark Art Mystery series by Kenya Wright. The author’s graceful writing style and lush attention to detail draw the reader into her intriguing work of edgy artists. Wright compellingly tells this story, alternating between the viewpoints of Elle and Alvarez.

Elle, nude model, leaves an abusive relationship and travels across
Lynelle Clark
I received this book from the Touring Host for an honest review.

This was definitely a different book than the normal Erotic Romance. Do not understand me wrong, this is an erotic romance but with a bizarre story line that I could not do nothing else but give it five stars. I loved the cover as well, it just says so much about the story itself.
The story was excellently planned and written with enough suspense to keep you baffled with the main characters till the very end.
When women started to die
Effie {Quite the Novel Idea}
So I received this book to read a while back and I’ve finally gotten around to read it and I must say that while interesting and a little disturbing at times, the book couldn’t hold my attention all the way through. I had trouble reading it, despite the fact that it’s very nicely written, with great descriptions and some really great characters too.

The story is actually quite nice and we start with meeting Elle who has just come out an abusive relationship and wants to start over. To do that, sh
Georgina
Sep 27, 2014 Georgina rated it liked it
This book was shocking. I never read a book categorized as "Dark" before and don't think I will again. I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them. I guess I just can't deal with the madness, mutilation and such. I like reading psychological thrillers and can usually guess who the murderer is, but in this case, I had no clue and what was revealed at the end I never would of guessed. The grandmother practicing "Corazon Muerto" religion. The artist, Hex showcasing death as his art form ...more
Ann-Kristin
Not my cup of tea really :/
The most interesting character (Hex) was pushed a bit back because of the "I've known you one day and I want to marry you"-drama.
If it hadn't been for the utterly wicked granny and the (view spoiler)
Sanasai
Jan 22, 2014 Sanasai rated it liked it
Very good, but there were some odd and distracting formatting issues coming up on my Kindle - mostly lines that were spaced strangely.
Shantel D
Shantel D rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Tena Dorn
Tena Dorn rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2014
Kirsikka
Kirsikka rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2015
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Shanell Woodard
Shanell Woodard rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Kynea Armstead
Kynea Armstead rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Consuela
Consuela rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kenya Wright Fanclub: The Muse 21 24 Nov 26, 2013 08:25AM
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Academy of Love
  • Resolutions
  • Nordic Lessons
  • Warrior
  • For Love or Money
  • Deep Rising (Outside the Lines, #1)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Blackness Takes Over (The Blackness, #1)
  • Enchanted & Desired (Enchanted, #2)
  • Second Chances Boxset 1 + 2 (Second Chances, #1-2)
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • Trust: Pandora's Box (Trust Trilogy, #3)
  • The Exhibition (The Executive Decision Trilogy, #3)
  • The Diamond Ring (Unbreakable Trilogy, #3)
  • Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2)
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)

JOIN THE MAILING LIST to stay up-to-date with free books, giveaways, and new releases!

MAILING LIST LINK:

Instagram: @kenya_patra
Facebook: https://goo.gl/vjjkSb
Twitter: @Kenyawright77

You can FOLLOW me Here on Amazon and you will be notified of new releases, or subscribe to my new release mailing list. http://eepurl.com/AcDbj

Kenya Wright wrote her
More about Kenya Wright...

“I'd loved for five long years, where pain had mingled with kisses and Michael's hugs suffocated me so much that I wasn't sure I could wriggle away enough to gasp for air. It was purple love, ugly and endearing, passionate and bruising like the tiny plum marks one left from sucking on a lover's neck. After loving like that, one needed a break....” 2 likes
“Are you both drunk?” I headed up the ladder and propped myself on a swing with no problem.

“Correction, dear brother.” Hex held one finger in the air. “We’re exquisitely tipsy. There’s a difference. Drunkenness is done at a shady bar, in ugly clothing, surrounded by the mundane. While exquisite tipsiness is performed in an art setting among geniuses.”

“Thanks so much for the distinction.” I rolled my eyes.”
1 likes