Start by marking “One Way” as Want to Read:

One Way

Barry Griffith doesn’t know it yet, but tonight is the night fate has chosen to be the night of his death… his murder. At a gas station in the middle of nowhere, late at night, his wife Jenny appears… no car… no coat and looking older than when he saw her last. That’s because this is not the woman he received a good-bye kiss from this morning. This woman has been a widow f ...more
Audiobook, 234 pages
Published November 10th 2013 (first published January 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Way

Jennifer Gaarder
Read my reviews at http://www.jenchaosreviews.com

By Jeff Lane

The author gave me this Ebook in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Jeff Lane!

"Barry Griffith doesn’t know it yet, but tonight is the night fate has chosen to be the night of his death… his murder. At a gas station in the middle of nowhere, late at night, his wife Jenny appears… no car… no coat and looking older than when he saw her last. That’s because this is not the woman he received a good-bye kiss from this morning
Katiria
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
I have been getting into audiobooks since last year and I quite enjoy listening to them, when I read the synopsis for One Way I had to check it out and see if I would like it or not. And Ohh boy did I ever love and really enjoyed this book. I really don't know what to write down in this review without getting too a spoiler, but you have to listen to this in audiobook in Librivox the narrator is the very own Author Jeff Lane and I thought he did a fantastic job narrating each character. I absolut ...more
MarytheBookLover
My Opinion:
I liked this book. I liked that we got into the heart of what happened to Barry and was able to see what the killer/s were doing. I did enjoy the element of time traveling but felt...Well, why wouldn't you prepare - body, mind, heart and soul? I don't know, it left a little bit (for me) to be desired.
Jenny is going back to help her husband live and you wouldn't get your stuff together to make sure the outcome is different?? That left me feeling this was a bit like a B rated horror fi
Nerdigirl
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I listened to it on Jeff`s podcast. He did an awesome job reading it as well. It pulled me in from the very beginning and I am so pleased with it. I can't wait to re-read it on my kindle and put a better review on my blog!!!

Can't wait to read his other books as well. They should be made into movies!!!!
Art the Turtle of Amazing Girth
While this did start a bit slow, and had more show than tell in the first chapter, it really picked up as soon as Barry saw an older version of his wife.

From that point on, it was fast paced, and a fun ride.

The technical parts were a bit tough for me to understand at times, but all in all, totally digging the story.

Jedidiah was amazing, I almost always enjoy a great bad guy, and this man was one of those for sure.
He even had his own code of honor, a balancing of the scales, which I was impressed
Renee
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, read-2015
This book had me enthralled the whole way through. The time travel aspect had me intrigued and the serial killer tension had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't work out what was going to happen until it happened.

The story is told in two alternating parts which come together at the end. One part is the story of Barry, whose wife turns up at a gas station and tries to help him avoid being killed. The other part is Jenny's story of dealing with her grief from Barry being murdered and how she wa
Jason
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I was completely pulled in, I couldn't stop listening until the end. Jeff Lane did a great job with the reading of his audiobook on podiobooks.com. His reading was crisp and well paced with superb sound quality. This is my first Jeff Lane book, but I don't think it will be the last. He tells a harrowing story that grabs you by the collar and shakes you violently until the blood splattered end. Lots of twists, laughs, intensity, love, and some downright terrifying moments! I was glad ...more
Becky Baldridge
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How far would you go for the one you love? As it turns out, Jenny Griffith will go as far as it takes. Admittedly, I don't read a lot of science fiction or time travel stories, but something about One Way grabbed my attention. Thankfully, this one wasn't overly technical in its explanations of how possible time travel would work. Instead, I found a fast-paced tale of what ifs. What if you could change one event in your life? What if you could go back and save that special someone you can't live ...more
Sandy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The initial aspect I absolutely loved about this book was the first-person views from the three main characters. That connection brought a sense of realism. I felt the overwhelming pain of loss. I felt the confused wonder. I noticed the story rushing by faster and faster as the hunt became more intense.
Being inside the mind of the murderer brought about a whole new level of creepy. His insane justifications were just that; he felt he was keeping the world in balance. His extraordinary senses, hi
Bill Warren
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
I really enjoyed this book, couldn't put it down. The story is a blend of Somewhere in Time, Quantum Leap, and Criminal Minds. Great scenes in the book that discuss the theories and possibilities of what can or can not be accomplished in time travel, something that many time travel stories fail to address and I find quite fascinating. The main characters are easily relatable and the villians are sufficiently creepy. The book was a quick read but not light on plot or development, great work!
Nyssa
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I usually hate time travel stories, so really cant explain why I even added this to my list. I am glad I did!!

Very pleasantly surprised by the book! Fun, interesting and easy to follow. It had some interesting ideas but didnt get too bogged down in the philosophy or physics. A fun survival tale!
Jaiden- The Literary Coffee Faerie
This was a great story. It had a refreshing twist on time travel and the theory of how it works. I loved the characters and the back and forth from present to future. I enjoyed seeing Jenny from all the points of view and reading her story of how she got where she was. This book was fantastic!
Fran
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An exciting ride! This is not your typical time-travel story....paradoxes and serial killers make this unique. Buckle up for action and twists.
Pam
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It sucked me in right from the start and kept me engaged to the last word.
Christine
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the genres of time travel and thriller meet, you get "One Way".

Full review at: https://thelastpageturnedbookblog.blo...
Ctina Alvarado
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the twists are so crazy in this book... every chapter left me wanting to know what happens next.. A++++ story... great writing
Diane Lynch
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This book tells the story of living a nightmare. Jenny becomes an unexpected widow. Her life no longer happy. Barely livable.

Grief counseling can be an amazing thing. Especially for Jenny. So much to be done to overcome her grief. Fortunately Jenny is the rare person who has what it takes to return to happiness.

The characters are well defined. This book is about time itself. It’s written in the past and present. The before and after. Very captivating. Unique. Page turner.
Charlotte
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing and cleverly written book about how a woman's love for her husband drives her to defy all odds! This book is bursting with suspense, drama and hold your breath moments which keep you hooked from beginning to end...The characters instantly evoke emotions within you and are easy to empathise with.!
Could definitely see "One Way" transferred onto the big screen and making an excellent movie! Looking forward to reading More from Jeff Lane.
Karin
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant story, jumping between the present and the past. A very impressive time-travel (okay - chronolocation as it's called in the book) story. Kept me on the edge of my seat whilst I just kept on thinking 'Kill him already'!!!
I prefer listening to the authors narrate their own books, such in this cast. The story just becomes so much more alive.
Erin
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! It's well written and the voice acting is good (I listened via podiobooks.com). I appreciated Lane's imaginative approach to time-travel and the subsequent exploration of its ripple-effect. And (view spoiler)
Connie
Jul 15, 2014
David
Feb 11, 2014
Karena
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author Jeff Lane contacted me on Twitter and suggested that I read this book. He told me that it was a sci-fi genre type of book. I told him that I wasn't an avid reader of that genre but I agreed to read it. As expected I struggled through some parts of the book particularly the more scientific parts of the book. Other than that, I found that the discussion of time travel and what lengths a person would through to go back in time if they had to was interesting.
Daryl