Start by marking “Breathless” as Want to Read:
Breathless

Breathless

Eighteen-year-old Lainey is the only witness to her best friend losing her life to the depths of the ocean. She stays close to the water, a small part of her hoping to surrender to the same fate. On her birthday the waters almost overtake her, but a mysterious young man rescues her and disappears.

Lainey can't stop thinking about the stranger from the beach, and one night
ebook
Published April 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk

This was a short fluffy read. I kind guessed from the blurb that this book was going to have a paranormal element, and it turned out to be exactly what I expected. It had some cheesy moments, and a moment with a rubber duck that I found amusing, but it wasn’t anything exceptional, just a quick paranormal romance story. 6 out of 10
Kyra
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella is SO CUTE. I can't wait for the release date so everyone can meet Lainey and Jon!
Debbie
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 Rating.

Lainey witnessed her best friend Becca drown over a year ago and hasn't accepted it. Why her parents haven't forced her to attend counseling I'm not sure. She was rude to everyone and especially horrible to her stepfather who was nothing but caring. She runs into a high school friend at the local pool, who tries to talk to her about Becca, and she's so hateful to him. Her attitude was over the top, and I considered not finishing the book because of it. Regardless of the pain she was
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
Breathless is quite the cheesy book. There's this girl, Lainey, who have been depressed with suicidal thoughts after she lost her best friend in a drowning accident. She is pretty angry at everyone, even those who genuinely try to help her and talk to her. which I think is rude and indicates how self-centered Lainey actually is. This actually did not make me warm up to her. Thus, the characters are only there to prop her up and not actually have anything else to do.

Lainey meets this guy Jonathan
Lenore Kosinski
Kind of an adorable read. The epilogue was a bit too corny for me, which is surprising, b/c I usually love that stuff. But the rest of the book was just perfectly sweet, with some depth. Lainey could be hard to get a read on at first b/c she is still struggling with her grief...it came across kind of immature at times (with Ollie), but she was only 17 (turning 18), so I gave her a pass.... On the other hand, I was all over Jon like a fat kid on a smartie from his first appearance. That is one ad ...more
Irene
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, english, ebooks-read
This book was a 4 star read for me until things just got too weird.

(view spoiler)
Shelley
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2-2015-read
It's a nice read. I read the whole book in one sitting. a very sweet YA Paranormal romance. I had never read this author before. she's pretty good. She still has a lot of potential. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to escape for a couple of hrs into the deep blue sea and not have to work too hard on reading, but just enjoying the read. Good, sweet, YA paranormal romance. I would read books by this author again.
Haley Covington
Aug 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
That was painful to read enough said
Abbie
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was an okay read, but it was quite predictable, and the romance could be cheesy. Not a bad read if you're looking for a quick fluffy read though.
Mandee
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quick, cute, fun read!!
DU418
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall review 3.5. This is a sweet story with a bit of an obvious ending. My interest died halfway because of length and the simpleness of the language and sentence structure. I needed more depth to connect me with the characters as I never really connected like I should have or felt so drawn in I couldn't put it down. I did, in fact, put it down and walk away more than once.

Storyline felt too plotted for me and unemotional. Instead of feeling sorrowful for Lainey's loss, it kind of got on my n
Christine Rains
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lainey cannot let go of her best friend who drowned the previous year. On her 18th birthday, she falls into the sea and does not fight to live. A mysterious young man saves her, and later on, she finds him on the beach in need of rescue too. Jon is unlike any other boy she's ever known, and with him, she begins to feel alive again. Yet he has a secret that might take him away from her too.

A sweet YA romance that gives us beaches, sun, and hope. Lainey feels responsible for her best friend's deat
Catherine
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Few words. Kinda short. Kinda rushed. Kinda cheesy. Little Merman. Teehee.
Samantha
Oct 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was not very well written. It is as though a middle school student wrote it. I'm very unimpressed. The story was very bland as well.
Isabella
May 15, 2014
Laura Correia
Apr 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
I’m a writer who really loves “Star Trek”. I’m a geek. By day, I'm an infant teacher with eight adorable and fun kiddos. By night, I write young adult contemporary. I can frequently be found cuddled under a blanket with a cup of coffee and binge watching "The Office" for the umpteenth time.

I confess that I'm not always the best at finish things. One of my biggest fears/joys is reading and experien
“Lainey, you may not be my biological daughter, but you are a daughter to me. I can't be your dad if you don't let me, and I understand, but I will always be waiting for you if you want me. It's not an offer I will trade or give up. I love you as if you were my child. Don't ever forget that. You can tell me anything.” 1 likes