Start by marking “Digital Photo Restoration: What to Do and How to Do It” as Want to Read:
Digital Photo Restoration: What to Do and How to Do It

Digital Photo Restoration: What to Do and How to Do It

You don’t need to spend a fortune to rescue your heirloom photographs. All you really need are some basic instructions and a little patience.

If Photoshop isn’t an option, but you still want to see what your ancestors saw when they looked through their photo albums, this little book will give you the necessary skills. Clear, concise, and easy to understand, it makes short w
Published October 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Digital Photo Restoration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Photo Restoration

Start your review of Digital Photo Restoration: What to Do and How to Do It
Denise
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Deborah Collin’s Digital Photo Restoration: What to Do and How to Do It offers common sense advice on digitizing and editing your heirloom photographs to restore them to their original beauty. She uses simple, inexpensive tools and walks you through the process in such a way that anyone can understand. I am a Mac user so I’m not familiar with the apps she used in her examples, but I found it quite easy to relate her instructions to the Mac apps I do use.

Her first tip is the most important one –
Nancy
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A follow-up (or continuation) of The Cloning of Solomon Hays, Deborah Collin takes us into a world that has put fear into the hearts of many genealogists: what to do with gr-grandma’s photo box? Those daguerreotypes? The posed photo of great grandpa when he was a boy? You file them away, hoping nothing happens to then because you are fearful that, if you attempt to copy them, scan them, etc., you will RUIN THEM!!

Hope is here my fellow dead people researchers! Deborah has done an amazing job of e
Karen Syed
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent resource from Deborah Collin. This time, she is giving us the inside scoop on how to deal with photos and images when working on genealogy or any other projects. One of the biggest problems I have run across is figuring out how to restore old images that I have rescued from some evil box. In the past, I have tinkered, but could never quite figure out exactly how to make the outcome worth all the time I had invested in the image.

Ms. Collin gives solid and practical instructions
Kory England
Fernando
Jun 06, 2020
Amanda Telgenhof
Aug 01, 2020
A graduate of California State University with a Bachelor's in English, I have freelanced as an advertising copywriter, worked as a graphic artist for an engineering company, and spent twenty years as a wildlife woodcarver.

I am currently restoring a hundred-year-old house in a quiet country town in Illinois. My interests include genealogy, art, music, and literature.

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...