Start by marking “Hidden Child (The Hidden Series #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Child (The Hidden Series #0.5)

Hidden Child

(The Hidden Series #0.5)

To hide the pain, he forgot his past.

Jameson Connor lives in rural Ireland with his loving Grandparents and his beautiful Mummy, Calista.

Jamie tells his story in the words of a child. He is four when he begins to understand that his mummy isn’t like other mummies, and people treat him differently for being her son.

See the world through the words of a child, a painful and
Published October 27th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Child

Start your review of Hidden Child (The Hidden Series #0.5)
Nicole Colville
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
This book was written for everyone who has read my Hidden series and fallen in love with Jamie. Thank you for loving him just as much as I do.

All through my first three books you see small sneak peeks of Jamie's troubled childhood.

A childhood that's too painful for him to think about, too painful for him to talk about, too painful for him to even remember.

Choosing to write my books in the first person POV allows you as the reader to guess about what Jamie is hiding, it allows you to remain
Christa Simpson
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read!! It touches on so many issues from the child's perspective; child abuse, mental illness, a child's struggle with loving a parent who continues to wrong him. I've never read anything quite like it, but it is so real.

I wasn't sure that I'd enjoy reading a story from a child's perspective, especially since I mostly enjoy romance novels, but I found myself having to read this story to the end. It was all encompassing. In fact, there are a couple of vivid images that I would
Louisa Mae
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seeing the past through the eyes of an innocent child makes it so much easier to understand. With this short story, we get to see Jamie's childhood and how his mothers mental illness not only affected her life, but also had such a devastating and long lasting impact on his own.

I got three pages into this before just two sentences, yes two made me understand everything he struggles to tell us as an adult.

Senstively written, it never loses the feeling of you seeing events through the eyes of a
Don Bradshaw
Parents can do some abysmally awful things to their children in the name of love. This story was tough to read and my childhood had very few scars. My heart bleeds for Jamie because no matter how much he buries, he'll never forget
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

I did something I never do with regards to this series and read book 6 without reading books 1 – 5. I enjoyed it so much I requested the entire series to review for Prism so here I am starting at book .5.

This isn’t a romance story in any shape or form but more the heartbreaking story of mental illness and child abuse. It shows us the strength of love a child has for a parent who mistreats them whether intentional or not.

The story is told from Jamie’s
Lin Richardson
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is series is taking control of my life in the best of ways. Hidden Child gives a glimpse in to the reasons Jaime is Jaime... I love love love these guys even though they are driving me crazy!
Peppermaud
Tee Prinzo bilgore
Dec 02, 2015
Amy
Dec 31, 2013

• One Man's Trash (The Heretic Doms Club, #1)
  • Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, #1)
  • A Dog's Journey (A Dog's Purpose, #2)
  • Doctor's Orders
  • The Vampire's Boy
  • Beginnings
Welcome to the home of bittersweet M/M romances which will leave you craving more.

Nicole grew bored being a supermodel genius who worked part time for NASA, and decided to take a break from helping solve the mysteries of the universe with Stephen Hawkins to write m/m romance.

She has a loving relationship with her hubby of twenty years, and has achieved a lot in her short life considering she's

The Hidden Series (10 books)
  • Hidden Truths (The Hidden Series, #1)
  • Hidden Pasts (The Hidden Series, #2)
  • Hidden Passion (The Hidden Series, #3)
  • Hidden Love (The Hidden Series, #4)
  • Hidden No More (The Hidden Series, #5)
  • Hidden Pain (The Hidden Series, #6)
  • Hidden Beginnings (The Hidden Series, #7)
  • Hidden Deceit (The Hidden Series, #8)
  • Hidden Trust (The Hidden Series, #9)
  • Hidden Need (The Hidden Series #10)