Start by marking “The Saving of Benjamin Chambers (Uni Files #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Saving of Benjamin Chambers (Uni Files #0.5)

The Saving of Benjamin Chambers

(Uni Files 0.5)

Benjamin Chambers needs saving, he just does not know it yet. Bored of his life of repetitive gigs with a band going nowhere fast and one night stands with girls who are only interested in his role as a lead singer, something has got to change. It’s just what do you do when the only life you know involves messing around with guitars and attempting to run away from any ...more
Published December 4th 2013 by Soul Mate Publishing (first published November 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Saving of Benjamin Chambers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saving of Benjamin Chambers

Start your review of The Saving of Benjamin Chambers (Uni Files #0.5)
Z. Elizabeth
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
You should all know by now how much I love my bestie Anna, and how much i am infatuated with Mr Benjamin Chambers. Like it’s obsessive and damn right scary…if he was real, I’d be stalking his ass and telling him he should be mine and not Lilah’s. But damn, we cant download fictional characters no matter how hard we want to, and that is something i will have to live with!

But yes, The Saving of Benjamin Chambers is just that. Ben is bored with his life. He’s bored of not going anywhere, he doesnt
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read a copy of this book.
This is Ben’s story before he met Lilah. He is a sweet, caring, thoughtful, and true romantic, but he is bored with his life, and covers the nine months of searching for Lilah.
This is a beautifully written story, which is emotional and humorous. I recommend Anna’s work for all.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
I had a lot of fun reading Anna Bloom’s THE ART OF LETTING GO and adored Ben Chambers. If you haven’t read THE ART OF LETTING GO, it’s not necessary to enjoy THE SAVING OF BENJAMIN CHAMBERS.

Firstly, can I take a moment to talk about the cover? I’m totally digging it and I really think it reflects Ben and what he stands for. Secondly, ah, Ben! He was loads of fun in THE ART OF LETTING GO and I loved how his relationship with Lilah began. In THE ART OF LETTING GO, we find out Ben and Lilah met at
Heather
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
We all have our favourite couples from books and Ben & Lilah are one of mine. The love Ben has for Lilah just makes me sappy and girly – terms definitely not normally associated with me. I will deny we ever had this conversation, right? *winks*

I always want to know what makes a character tick and I loved this insight into Ben’s POV. I definitely got my Ben fix!!

Ben has been drifting aimlessly for a while. The band doesn’t fulfil him like it used to and girls don’t hold his attention for more
Beth  (YA Books Central)
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Guest Review (Tiffany): As if I didn't already love Ben Chambers!!! Now I officially think he is the most romantic guitar player EVER!!! This little book gives the reader Ben's side of the story about how he met Delilah. And what a sweet story it was!!! Ben has been in the same band for 10 years and the night of what was suppose to be his last gig he meets the girl of his dreams, Delilah. Ben spends the next 9 months trying to find this girl. He stayed with the band hoping that would help him ...more
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Loving Ben's POV

5 Kindle Unlimited Teaser Reads
I absolutely love reading the story from Ben's POV. How I would love for author Anna Bloom to continue sharing Ben's thoughts and reasoning for his actions. I just want more!

Can the other books from Ben's POV be pre-released here on Amazon?????
Crystal Wilke
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

I love the Uni Files Series so far. The Saving of Benjamin Chambers is Ben story before he meets Lilah. It shows his up and downs till that night his life is forever changed. If you have read any of the Uni Files series then you definitely want to read Ben's side of the story before it all began. Ben is sweet, caring, thoughtful and a Romantic. If you haven't already fallen in love with Ben Chambers then you will or you'll fall even more in love with
Kim
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

"I know that I will do anything to save her from whatever is causing her sadness and by doing that I have a feeling she will save me."

It's no secret that I fell in love with Benjamin Chambers in The Art of Letting Go. I loved the book, I loved the characters. I loved it all. I've said it a thousand times and will continue to do so. When I found out Anna was writing novellas from Ben's POV for some of the more important scenes from his
Trish at Between My Lines

This novella is short and sweet. Not sugary sweet, it's a bit more feisty than than that. It's set before The Art of Letting Go however it can be read as a standalone (but I'd recommend you don't!).

First Line of The Saving of Benjamin Chambers:

"I don't need to open my eyes to know that there is something not quite right."

My Thoughts on The Saving of Benjamin Chambers:

I loved Ben in The Art of Letting Go. He is swoony guitar-playing good guy and one that gave me all the feels. I'm not
Jenn
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually read this AFTER reading The Art of Letting Go and felt it prevented spoilers. It is written in Ben's POV and takes place right before he met Lilah. While a good portion of this story is mentioned in The Art of Letting Go, I enjoyed Ben's story and reading more of their chance encounters. If you're reading this series, I would definitely recommend this novella.
Nikki
Oct 22, 2016 added it
Ben Chambers is the guitarist and lead singer for Sound Box. The group has been together for ten years. At this moment in life, Ben is tired of the drunken one night stands and wants something more out of life. He wants a relationship. He is ready to quit the band because he is tired of the monotony of their sets. His passion isn't there anymore. Then one day at a gig, he meets Lilah and his view of his life is instantly changed. He decides that he wants to be with her. He loses sight of her at ...more
Gina Smith
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ben has been playing in the rock band, Sound Box, for the last nine years, but he is determined to quit. When he tells his bandmates he is quitting, they think he is kidding. On what is supposed to be his last gig with the band he meets Lilah and is instantly taken with her. Unable to catch her after the show, Ben continues playing with the band and resolves to find her. Nine months later after not locating her her decides to enter the university. Will he ever be able to find Lilah? A very good ...more
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
Ellen
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc
I really came to love Ben in The Art of Letting Go so I was really excited to be able to read about his background, how he and Lilah met, how he was before, and to get to know his thought processes and his point of view on things. This short little story provided me with all that information and enabled me to really connect with Ben, which caused me to love him even more. Once again, Anna Bloom captured my attention with her British humor and her story telling ability. The Saving of Benjamin ...more
Stephanie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it

I did really like Ben and his band mates. I liked that this is a New Adult series that's based on characters older than freshmen in college. They do actually seem like New Adults.

However, I don't really like the idea of what Ben's new "purpose in life" is about. And I'm not generally a fan of love at first sight (or "insta-love").

I was also distracted by the lack of contractions. The dialogue seemed oddly formal most of the time. This, however, is a problem I have with many, many books.

Sheila Schoenauer
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A short but good read. Unlike the previous books in this series this book is written from Ben's POV. It was great reading about how Ben first met Lilah and then getting his perspective on the Fresher's Ball when he finally found Lilah after looking for her for months. I fell in love with Ben in The Art of Letting Go and I fell even more in love after reading this short story. I have to say that I love the part at the music store with Big Baz and the Gibson. It's like getting the inside story on ...more
Bel
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick short story told from Bens POV on how he first met and fell in love with Lilah and the fact that he searched for her for nine months and she had no clue. Only to then end up in the same history course as her and living in the room next door. Loved seeings things from his perspective, added that little bit extra to the rest of the series. I received this in exchange for an honest review.
Catherine Hayward
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a lovely insight into Bens life and how he became obsessed with finding "Lilah" the girl in the red dress.
If you have read the uni files, then this is a must. It's written in Bens on words and gives insight into Sound box and their dynamic. Also about Dave and Bens friendship.
It's well written and a brilliant short read. Couple of hours at most.
It starts at Christmas and ends at the freshens ball.
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book"
Pamela Mitchell
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great retrospective told from Ben's point of view on his first meeting with Delilah when he and his band, Sound Box, played at a bank function. It's a quick read and kept me entertained and intrigued from beginning to end. This is a must-read for fans of The Uni Files. This is my honest review of an advance reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.
Briana Pacheco
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read showing readers who Ben Chambers is and giving insight into the first time Ben and Lilah met. I haven't read The Art of Letting Go yet so I can't really compare anything.

I did enjoy this little novella though. Now, I'm off to read book 1.
Jennifer Jones
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved reading Ben's side of how he and Lilah met, especially since she didn't remember the first time and was drunk for the second meeting. It's everything a novella should be, a short, quick read that still gives you enough information to add to the story.
Fala Misscheeksz
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love Bens POV. Its Nice seeing things more from his perspective. Plus I like his pov from the moment they met since she doesnt remember him at first at the freshers ball.
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A short, quick read that leads up to Liliah and Ben's encounter....in Ben's point of view!
Jean Joseph
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Ben and lilah. This is a cute getting to know Ben story. I loved all the books I read in the series about these two
Aleena
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOWOWOWOWOW.THIS IS SO PERFECT LIKE REALLY PERFECT.THIS NOVELLA MADE MY LIFE.;D ...more
Sharryn
Disappointed with this short story giving Ben's POV
Sharon Betts
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happy sigh! I somehow missed reading this little gem when I binge read the rest of the Uni Files series earlier this year. It as lovely to read from Ben's POV his first meeting and subsequent search for Lilah. Only now I've read this I find myself wanting to re-read the rest of the series so that I can carry on swooning over Ben, and laughing at their antics. As always Anna Bloom's writing is beautiful. This is a short read, but very enjoyable.
Blue
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Story seems promising from this novella so off to book 1 - The Art of Letting Go.
Sharon Betts
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance without limits!
A book hoarder and coffee addict at heart Anna's main existence in life is to create beautiful words about exquisitely flawed characters. She's a slow burn Princess and all about working for that happy ever after, but she guarantees when you get it, you'll fall so hard you might never want to surface again.
Be prepared to oooh and aaah and squeal with delight as Anna takes

Uni Files (3 books)
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • The Art of Keeping Faith (Uni Files #2)
  • The Art of Upgrading a Book Boyfriend (The Uni Files, #2.5)