Start by marking “Essential Oils for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy” as Want to Read:

Essential oils are a natural and safe way to improve your health, cure ailments, and soothe your body and mind.

Essential oils come from natural sources, and have been used for centuries for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Essential Oils for Beginners is the comprehensive guide to harnessing the power of essential oils. Recent scientific research has proven that essential
Published September 26th 2013 by Althea Press

Start your review of Essential Oils for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Margaret Metz
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
This is a very thorough book to help start anyone out using essential oils. It talks about storage, preparation and those kinds of things in the beginning. Then it goes through the oils and gives information about their origins, properties, application, and what other oils they work well with. The last part of the book is recipes broken down by uses like migraines or air fresheners. This is something I can see myself looking at often - like a cookbook with favorite recipes.
k.wing
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic reference book for beginners like me. I found the beginning of the book fascinating, learning how essential oils have been used throughout history. I didn't realize many are antiseptics, and can be used to treat a variety of different conditions. I also enjoyed learning about how smelling essential oils affects the brain, and what exactly happens in your brain when inhalation methods are used.

I'm definitely keeping this book handy for quick reference and recipes for specific
Becki
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot of information packed in here and very well organized. I read the ebook but definitely would like to own the print version to tab, mark up, etc.
Brian
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been very into essential oils this year and this book was very well written. The book talks about the various uses of essential oils and goes into detail about individual scents and their healing properties. I learned a lot, such as not putting oils directly onto my skin (oops). This was a great beginner's reference book.
Valerie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great essential oil reference book

I’m excited about what I learned and this is a great reference book as I begin to use essential oils.
Danielle Clement
Covers the basics.

This is a good book for beginners if you don't know anything about essential oils. I would recommend it. Gives great advice on how to get started.
Sandra
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very helpful and it was just as advertised. It is a informational book for BEGINNERS, that's what it is. It gives you a brief history, tells you about the different essential oils and explains some different ways they can be used
Katie
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this introductory book to essential oils. It is a topic I wish to learn more about and I found it helpful and informative for a newbie. Obviously, I am not knowledgeable to rate all the content but I thought it provided concise information including warnings. The format was helpful and let me know areas I wished to explore.

If you want an overview of the topic, I think this would be a good place to start.
Emily Rodolff
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A very good, simple reference on essential oils for a beginner like me. It gave me a really good idea about which oils I'd like to try, and how to use them. There was only one thing the book was lacking that I thought would be very helpful...an index listing symptoms and the oils that could be used to treat them. But otherwise this was a very good resource, and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and how to use them.
Michelle
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Essential reading for beginners or advanced oilers and everyone in between! Useful info about each oil with the background, methods of extraction, and uses for each oil. Good for travel unlike my "oil bible" which is way too heavy to transport. I really enjoyed the healing blends the author provided and earmarked my favorites. Can't wait to try them! This book is an excellent addition to my essential oil lifestyle.
Crissy
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was filled with lots of basic information, really geared towards beginners. I liked that it gave some history regarding oils, what has been found to work and the whys behind it. There were lists of common oils, where they came from and what you could expect from the oils. Also included recipes for you to get the most out of your oil experience
Cathy
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: interests
Terrific reference book to have on hand. The author did a great job laying out the book. The explanations provided for blending are very helpful as well as the list of oils and their specific uses. I've enjoyed several of the recipes and very much appreciate the safety warnings provided. Great job! I would definately recommend this book.
Heather J.
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This book covers the history of essential oils. It also lists many of them (in alphabetical order) and provides a great overview for each oil. The later half of the book contains recipes for health and beauty, cleaning, infusing and even pet care. Glad I bought it. I'll know what I'm doing when my oils arrive tomorrow!
Jim
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a real beginner with essential oils and aromatherapy, so this book was perfect for me. It provided everything I wanted to know, and most especially, which oils would be best to purchase first. I'd already decided on the type and brand of diffuser, so I was primarily interested in the oils and blends. This book was just what I needed and I highly recommend it!
Lindsey
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Simple to read and follow. I really like the many recipes and ideas to use the oils. I was so overwhelmed at first (this was a gift along with my first oils), but once I actually read the book, I am excited to try more ways of using essential oils throughout our house and daily lives.
Belinda
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have always wanted to learn about essential oils and use them but never felt I knew enough to take the leap. This book was great for the beginner. It explains things clearly and the best part is that it has a wonderful list of resources to get started.
Jessica Freeman
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for a beginner

Great for a beginner

I am new to essential oils and this book helped my understanding of the history of essential oils and their uses. I am going to try some of the recipes provided
Amanda
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was well-organized and I enjoyed reading through the detailed information on a variety of essential oils. Some of the recipes in the book were useful to me but others were a little more advanced than a beginner would want to start with due to the expense involved with using certain oils.
Ruth
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-age-health
Excellent reference for someone teaching themselves about essential oils. I purchased this book last year when I was starting my business. Would definitely recommend as a starting point for anyone interested in using essential oils for themselves or for clients.
Nicole
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Lots of great information and a great way to learn about the most used oils. I love that it shares how the oils can be used and the benefits in using the oils in each manner.
Vanessa
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: pure-basura
Yikes, honestly DNF because I couldn't get over the fact that they made grand claims without citing any of the science behind their "research". I stopped once the book started discussing how essential oils could "raise your energy frequency/vibrations".

"A number of medical treatments use electricity: think of the way a defibrillator can be used to restart the heart following cardiac arrest, and consider how electrotherapy is used in many beneficial ways, including stimulating the brain, helping
Sage
Jan 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope.

The problem with essential oil users is too many are ‘educated’ by MLM companies. These companies are not properly trained and thus promote unsafe usage of oils. This book is an example of that.

J
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've really been into essential oils lately. This book gave me a good idea of what to add to my collection based on my own health and needs. I love the recipes that it includes, too.
Cassidy
Dec 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very useful

Great starting book if new to essential oils. I found it very useful. And I would definitely recommend to others.
Christine
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A good primer if you are thinking about getting started with essential oils. Found the chapter on blending them especially helpful.
Patty Westfall
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reference book

Not exhaustive, but this is a nice reference for the most common essential oils and easy ways to use them.
Msoneworld4me
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very clear and easy to understand.
A great book for beginners!
Lena
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Not a novel but a quick read and now using it as a reference book.
Phil Kiser
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting

This is a very informative book about essential oils. It answered a bunch of questions I had about them. Hopefully it will be quite helpful
Jennifer Henager
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative

This book is great for beginners or those that feel lost in the world essential oils. It contains recipes for almost anything you can think of!

• The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
  • Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The complete guide to the use of aromatic oils in aromatherapy, herbalism, health and well-being
  • It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership
  • The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy
  • The Snow Leopard Project: And Other Adventures in Warzone Conservation
  • Sackett
  • Stay Fit for Life: More Than 60 Exercises to Restore Your Strength and Future-Proof Your Body
  • Poetic Crochet: 20 Shawls Inspired by Classic Poems
  • The Tools: Transform Your Problems into Courage, Confidence, and Creativity
  • Little Black Book of Cocktails
  • Honoring Your Ancestors: A Guide to Ancestral Veneration
  • The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
  • Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death
  • Keto Clarity: Rapid Weight Loss with Ketogenic Diet: The Simple Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Recipes for Beginners(ketogenic diet for weight loss, diabetes, diabetes diet, paleo, paleo diet, low carb)
  • Dinosaurs
  • Population: One: Autism, Adversity and the Will to Succeed
  • I Loved You Before You Were Born
  • When Your Adult Child Breaks Your Heart: Coping with Mental Illness, Substance Abuse, and the Problems That Tear Families Apart
“Some of the most powerful antiseptic essential oils include lavender oil, tea tree oil, and clove oil.” 2 likes
“When Jean Valnet, MD, ran out of antibiotics during World War II, he discovered that eucalyptus oil was effective in killing almost three-quarters of staph bacteria in the air. You, too, can squash bacteria with this powerful essential oil: if you’re beginning to catch a cold, try inhaling steam from a basin filled with hot water and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. You may just stop that cold in its tracks.” 2 likes