Start by marking “Test of Faith” as Want to Read:
Test of Faith

Test of Faith

Will the revelation of a 16-year-old secret shatter--or mend--a fragile marriage?

Like all marriages, Elle and Logan Butler's has its ups and downs. Yet they hang together, even as his political campaign escalates. But Elle has a secret that haunts her, one that she never thought would be revealed. It's a secret that has driven her from God and kept her from sharing her wh
Published March 18th 2014 by Abingdon Press (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Test of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Test of Faith

Beckie Burnham
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Test of Faith by Christa Allan is my book club’s August selection. If you have read this novel, please let me know what you thought.

Elle Butler has a secret that she thinks will never need to be disclosed, even as her husband Logan begins his campaign for State Representative. But an unforeseen tragedy exposes the long hidden truth with repercussions felt in her marriage, relationships and her husband’s political future. Elle gave up faith long ago and is not sure what to expect from God — can s
sue
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I've never read anything by Christa Allan before I wasn't sure what to expect. It was also Christian based too, which I don't mind as long as authors don't keep bashing it down your throat and use it as an excused to 'preach'.

This was NOT like that. I really, thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I found it a bit slow to take off at the beginning, but as time went on and you stick with it, then it opens up a brilliant crafted read.

This is a woman who has a good life, good home and a husband with a hig
Andi
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: empty-shelf-2014
I am a huge fan of Christa's, I have read everything she has written, and this book is my absolute fave.

With Elle and Logan barely hanging on during his political campaign things quickly escalate when Elle is faced with her secret of 15 years.

In this novel, Christa gets to the heart of things, bringing both Elle and Logan face to face with their fears from their childhood. The emotion in this story is real, and can be felt through the pages. Elle is someone you want to cheer for, Logan you want
Joy
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Politicians lives are an open book. Elle's husband is a man of faith running for office. Any secrets in their lives must be handled smoothly which is not a problem for the most part, but Elle has a secret even her husband doesn't know. As she faces the consequences her life begins to fall apart.

Christa has written another fantastic book that you don't want to put down. It's easy to get drawn into the character's lives and feel their emotions. This one is a must read!
Ruth
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Test of Faith is a heartwarming read that I am pleased to recommend. Grade: B+.

Full review at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2014...
Andrea Vrtikapa
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: true-beauty
Good story...and didn't go exactly like I thought it would until the very end.
Angela Good
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
LOVED EVERY PAGE!!!!
Pat
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A marriage with a secret. When circumstances lead to the secret being revealed, pain and heartache follow. Can Logan and Elle's marriage survive?
Sheri
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel has an incredible premise. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I had no idea how the conflicts would be resolved, and couldn't wait to find out. This would likely make a great movie.

And as if that's not enough, the writing is incredibly fresh. So many original phrases to surprise and delight the reader. Can't wait to read another Christa Allan book.
Cassie
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wouldn't say this story is light-hearted but it did explore a serious issue in a way that did not feel heavy.

I really enjoyed it and it is one of the best I've read so far this year. It's not without flaws certainly, but I couldn't put it down.
Tracy Haynie
Good read...

if you can make it through the maze of details. There were so many time I skipped whole paragraphs of detailed background information. Don't get me wrong it was a great story. It seemed a bit slow at times. Wanted more emphasis on Elle's conversion.
Amy Roelant
Have read better by this author. Main character not that likable (liked spouse better). Hope their child adjusts to living with them and that all have learned.
Kathy Harris
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Highly recommended!
Terri
May 06, 2014
TOMFUNK
Aug 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Between Us Girls (Family of the Heart #1)
  • One Sunday
  • Secrets Over Sweet Tea
  • Finding Me
  • Hidden in the Heart
  • All Right Here (The Darlings #1)
  • Shattered Image (Chain of Lakes #1)
  • A Fragile Hope
  • The Art of Losing Yourself
  • House of Living Stones
  • Almost Forever (Hanover Falls #1)
  • Third Strand of the Cord: A Novel of Love in Liberty
  • Homestands (Chicago Wind #1)
  • Flames
  • Mother of Pearl
  • Where She Belongs (Misty Willow, #1)
  • The Spindle Chair (The Barn Church #1)
  • The Wishing Tree (Sunset Beach #3)
NEW RELEASE: SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE
OCTOBER 11, 2016

A true Southern woman who knows that any cook worth her gumbo always starts with a roux and who never wears white after Labor Day,Christa writes stories with heart, humor and hope. Her novels include: Walking on Broken Glass, Threads of Hope, The Edge of Grace, Test of Faith, All They Want for Christmas.

Christa's essays have been published in The