Start by marking “Earthquake (Earthbound, #2)” as Want to Read:
Earthquake (Earthbound, #2)

Earthquake

(Earthbound #2)

Tavia Michaels has discovered that shes an Earthbounda fallen goddess with the power to remake the Earthand that a rival faction of Earthbounds, the Reduciata, has created a virus that is literally wiping swaths of the planet out of existence.

Tavia is captured and imprisoned before she can act on this information, along with her eternal lover, Logan. Huddled in a
Published July 8th 2014 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Earthquake, please sign up.
Sophie The third book is called Earthrise. It was released in September 2015.

Start your review of Earthquake (Earthbound, #2)
Kathy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I wish I had waited until the 3rd and final book was out before starting this series. Too late now but that is what I would recommend if you haven't yet started the Earthbound series.

Once again I found that Benson is my favorite character. He makes this series for me.

This second book has a lot of twists and turns and you never really know who is a good guy and who is a bad guy. I found myself flying through this story and quite enjoying it.

I'm really not a fan of love triangles and this one
Michelle Wrona
DNF @ 100-120 pages (don't remember haha)

Logan, I interrupt, and finally he looks up. Cant we just save the world first?
My worlds not worth saving without you, he replies. Then he turns and walks away.

Earthbound was more of a miss for me, but I wanted to keep going on with this series so I decided to pick this one up. I always liked Tavia and Logan's relationship, and I totally wanted to see it grow and improve.

I didn't like this book. Just to take a note in the future, please don't recommend
TABI⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
I don't think I can say much about this book without going into either huge spoilers or extreme fangirl-ese. So I will say this: everything I loved about the first book was quadrupled many times over, dusted liberally with awesomeness and plot twists, and slapped together between the covers of this book. I zipped through this book so fast at first I wasn't sure if I'd read it. So I read it again. (Yes, I do that with books I fall absolutely head-over-heels with.)
There needs to be a third book
Melissa Parsons
Oh my god! I can't believe I finished this book. I dreaded reading this book. I cringed when I saw this book. I've never cringed so much just from looking at a book.

The first book in the series was pretty interesting. The rest of Aprilynne's books are good. But this is a hot mess. It starts out good, with Tavia and Logan taken and have to escape, but every time they try, they fail.

Then... it just drags on and gets old and clichéd.

Tavia is so in love with Logan. Then suddenly she's not. Then she
Becky
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed book 1, and it left me wanting answers to my questions so I ordered book 2, realising it hasn't actually been out that long. I had to wait for it to come in at the library for me, and I found myself checking for it. Then I got the perfect chance to read it, I had to take my car in to be serviced last week and with a 2 and a half hour wait ahead of me, I settled into the waiting room and started to read.

I managed to get about three quarters of the way through the book in that
Suzy Seerden
Sep 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I give this book one star.
This book just made me mad Tavia just keeps on choosing Benson over Logan. I thought Logan was amazing I really like him in this book. Then Tavia saves Benson and leaves Logan to die. I was in tears at this point. I really feel think book has let down the series for me. Like book one Earthbound was a great book, and with this book I could put it down and really would not care if I did not read it. I really hated that Tavia kept thinking Logan is a stranger to her(which
Liz
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Originally posted on elizziebooks.com

Earthquake gets really science-y with Tavia helping find the vaccine for the virus that has been spreading throughout the Earthbounds.

Characters
I felt like we were never really given any reason to like Logan. Theres this undying admiration for Tavia, but other than that, hes just a loyal lap dog. I felt like in Earthbound we really got to know Benson. I did LOVE Thomas and Alanna. Give em a minute. I mean, really. GIVE THEM A FREAKING MINUTE. *closes the
Kelly
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked reading Earthquake even though i wasn't as excited as i was for the first book. It took me a little while to remember the storyline but even now i can't quite recall everything that happened. It didn't stop me from enjoying it.

It was intense and action-packed. That's how i'd describe it. From the start you have an idea of what you'll get all along the book. Benson was my favorite character even though I liked Logan too.

(view spoiler)
Colleen Houck
I guessed there would be one more after this one and I am right. At least I very much hope I'm right. Lots of reveals and secrets in this one. It left me on the edge of my seat. Favorite part was the heroine coming into her powers! As with the Wings series, I'm really torn between two great guys.
Alaina
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this book was alright. I liked it at times, and then I didn't at others.

I'll start off with what I didn't like:

The book didn't really spend much time on the main problem, the virus. The author didn't even tell us what the virus was, just that it was killing millions of people everyday. Like, how did the virus even start?
Other than that, I didn't like the whole love triangle between Logan and Benson. Ugh I hated that. It got REALLY annoying and made me want to throw the book across the
Cecily Kyle
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting continuation of the series, I am quite enjoying being inside the mind of Aprilynne, I think this would be a cool movie if they managed to do it correctly.
Decent Read!
Rachel
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aprilynne Pikes EARTHQUAKE is an incredibly exciting, nail-biting, suspenseful and action-filled second book in the Earthbound series. It takes readers back to a world that is even darker and deadlier than the one they left at the end of book one. The mystery goes even deeper, there are even more twists and turns, and with nearly everyones motives suspect, it makes for an unputdownable read.

With only a few memories of her past lives, Tavia Michaels doesnt feel like the goddess she once was and
Jade
description
Who will win her heart, Destiny or True love??
Will the Earth be saved or fated to be destroyed?!

Tavia has to found who and what she really is, try to save the world from death and destruction, as well, workout her confused feelings for two men who hold half of her heart.
I didnt have any high hopes or great exceptions for this book, the only reason I picked up Earthquake was because of the ending in Earthbound.
description

Earthquake has the actions, twist and bonding relationships, which was what the
Misty
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't like love triangles. Especially ones where one of the guys is somehow "fated" to the girl. It makes it unbalanced and like the choice isn't really valid if it's supernaturally pushed. I also don't like unmarried teenage sex in YA novels, even if it's just implied and even if they've technically been together since the beginning of time. That said, I'm enjoying this series. This one was less predictable than the first and had more action and info. A good second book, often the second ...more
Maria Drago
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5 stars
I decided to stop reading this book because while a small part of me actually likes it, I'm mostly just seriously bored and uninterested.
So I'm stopping now and probably going to continue it some other time because I still think that this book has a chance. Maybe it's just me.
Jessica G
Oct 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
Definitely looking forward to this!!
Keely
Nov 04, 2013 added it
How do you read the book it sounds great but I can't read it
Beth
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC from netgalley

Little slow at first but some great action and revelations toward the end!
Emmy Lou
There were some awesome plot twists in here that I really enjoyed and didn't see coming, but I had a few issues, mainly the love triange.
Brittany
Nov 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, own
It is with great sadness to say that I did not finish this book and I will not be continuing this series. Halfway through and I just couldn't keep reading this. I understand that Tavia and Logan are supposed soul mates, but we're hardy given anything as to why they still have an attraction to one another. Yes the whole curse thing, but beyond that I don't get why they had this intense and passionate relationship. I'm not going to lie, I actually decided to read reviews for the next book to see ...more
Maddie
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I wouldnt want to be Tavia, she has so much going on with her life. She is amazing for handling it the best she can though. But when she is rescued and is brought to help create a vaccine, there is only one person that she feels the most comfortable with. Benson. Benson vs Logan. Im not sure who to root for but Im excited to see what happens after that entertaining cliffhanger ...more
BewareTheWildAnimals
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I should have read these closer together because there are so many details that are important. Very entertaining and ironically, there is a worldwide virus pandemic going on in the novel. Not why I picked this one up but I had to laugh when I realized it. Will be picking up the next in the series very soon.
Nicole Eatough
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I enjoyed the first book of this series, but about halfway through the second book the story became plot hole after plot hole. I'm surprised a story with so many inconsistencies or things that don't make sense/weren't explained was published.
Amanda
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Kristen
Jul 12, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: floppy-joes
and this is the book that i have decided to call a quits to this series. WAY too much science crap super boring. then you make her pick a boy who betrayed her over her eternal lover?! Epic FAIL the book was a waste of my time and iam ashamed i even purchased it.
Jen Hoschouer
disappointed. whiney-piney. dumb choices, I actually yelled at the book at least once. terrible ending. I don't think I can read the next one.
Nancy Alvarez
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Had me on the edge of my seat, by far better than the first one. Can not wait to see what happens in the last book!!
Lisa Dickson
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it great ending knew she was gonna choose him... sad that the library doesnt carry the third book ...more
Amy Webster-Bo
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good second book read in 24 hours
Chani
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Much much better than the first book. Actually made me excited to read the 3rd!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
San Francisco Earthquake 1906 1 1 Jul 31, 2017 08:49PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Earthquake by Aprilynne Pike - Starting on July 14th 25 12 Jul 21, 2015 01:07PM

• Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
  • Charmed (The Witch Hunter, #2)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #2)
  • Waterfall (Teardrop, #2)
  • Hexed (The Witch Hunter, #1)
  • Terminal (Virals, #5)
  • Tutta colpa di New York
  • Mi sposo a New York
  • Tutta colpa della gelosia
  • In amore tutto può succedere
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Una notte d'amore a New York
  • Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)
  • Killers of the Dawn (Cirque Du Freak, #9)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne ...more

Earthbound (3 books)
  • Earthbound (Earthbound, #1)
  • Earthrise (Earthbound #3)