Start by marking “Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3)” as Want to Read:
Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3)

Yellow Brick War

(Dorothy Must Die #3)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  12,664 ratings  ·  1,504 reviews
Once upon a time, there was a girl from Kansas named Dorothy.

You might know her as the Girl Who Rode the Cyclone. She ended up in Oz, where she became friends with the Tin Woodman, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion. But the temptation of magic was too much for her. She let it change her. Her friends became twisted versions of their former selves.

The magical land of Oz i
Published March 15th 2016 by HarperCollins

C.G. Drews
So here comes the awkward part where I didn't really remember the first two books enough. "So go reread them, Cait, you deluded piece turtle soup," you say. And, my dear insulting friend, I WOULD...but I am moving house and didn't have the first two books on hand, plus I don't own this book and had libraried it and I NEEDED TO READ IT BEFORE I LEAVE TOWN. So. Hence reading it when I really should not have. At least it did have a helpful little recap! Which didn't feel info-dumpy either! But it d ...more
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

I couldn’t help but wonder: What if, that afternoon in the trailer, my mom had decided just that once to take care of me? To drive me to safety-somewhere both of us could ride out the storm together? What if she had finally done the right thing? Was what I’d gained in Oz-strength, power, respect, self-reliance-worth what I’d lost?

I think by far my largest disappointment stems from my epic love of book one, the epic heartbreak of book two, and my obsession of the series as a whole. But slowly
Taylor Knight
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved the first book in this series, Dorothy Must Die, so much but the second book, The Wicked Will Rise, didn't really do it for me. I was hoping Yellow Brick War would save the series for me but it didn't.
The plot for this series was very drawn out and what little plot there was in Yellow Brick War was rushed. I really think this series should have been only two books. I wasn't a fan of the the plot for the second book and Yellow Brick War was no different.
There was such a lack of characte
Shannon (leaninglights)
Actual rating 3.25 stars

So this was better than book 2, but not as gripping as book 1. Here's the thing- this series feels like such a money grabbing scheme, I just can't get behind it. I'm not saying that to diss the author, who is talented and has really interesting ideas in this series. But there are already 2 novella bindups, and now the original trilogy is being pushed out to a series of at least 4 books. I just don't get it. Books 2 and 3 should have been one book. They are so short! It's
Cait • A Page with a View
Yeah, this series is definitely going downhill for me. It's still well written, but I'm just not into the story anymore.

Amy returns to Kansas in this book and has to team up with Madison (the girl who used to bully her), Dustin, and Madison's newborn baby to find Dorothy's slippers. Apparently their high school is built where Dorothy's farm used to be? Meanwhile, Amy's mom is now sober, got a job, and is trying to get her life together. Then the Nome King comes in and stuff gets weird.

The plot
Elise (On The Bookshelves)
ORIGINAL REVIEW POST CAN BE FOUND AT 'ON THE BOOKSHELVES'

Unfortunately the Dorothy Must Die series continues to go downhill with this third installment, Yellow Brick War. The series follows Amy Gumm, another Kansas girl who finds herself in the land of Oz. But things aren't peachy in Oz anymore, and so Amy must kill the power hung
Candace Robinson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series! So, I was all about the Nome King in this one! Seriously, I am all about the movie Return to Oz as I have said before. So, I was fangirling when his presence came about!!! I also liked that a lot of the story takes place in Kansas and the other half in Oz! Can't wait for the last book!! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Obsidian
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Please note that I gave this book half a star, but rounded it up to 1 star on Goodreads.

I can say right here plain and simple I am done with this lackluster series. I reviewed books #1 and #2 and I gave them both 3 stars. I thought book #1 showed potential, but book #2 had our main character Amy Gumm just spinning in place and now book #3 includes more of her spinning in place with side helpings of let's be an asshole too.

Please don't read if you haven't read books #1 and #2 in the Dorothy Must
Maria Clara
3.5/// No puede ser, ¿cómo puede terminar así? Ya estoy deseando leer el siguiente :)
Sharon
This series is so damn weird and insane and unique. Admittedly, this book is my least favorite so far, but there are definitely some good plot twists in it still.

I like the part where Amy is back in her world. I actually got a little emotional seeing how much her mother truly has changed and how hard she is working to gain back the trust and affection of her daughter. The emotions – the relief, the resentment, the yearning, the hope – all of these things were done well and rather realistically,
Kelsey Marie
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I haven't put this book down since I started it. The fact that I had such a busy weekend made it impossible for me to finish in one sitting, but every chance I got, I was listening to it. The cliffhanger has given me a heart attack. Since I've been listening to the audiobook, I didn't know that it was ending so soon. There was still so much that needed to happen! I just don't know how to feel. I need to catch my breath and go cry a little bit.

Full review to come later. After I've bawled my eyes
Gabry
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Moooolto più bello questo del secondo! Secondo me, sarebbe stato meglio averli insieme in un unico libro, magari riducendo alcune cose presenti nel secondo libro.
Comunque ho amato il fatto che qui ritorniamo nel Kansas, così come amo ed apprezzo la trasformazione di Amy ed i riferimenti alla storia originale. Nox <3
Ozma mi piace sempre di più, insieme a Mombi e Gert. Sono curiosa di vedere come tutto andrà a finire!
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
“There is a part of me that envies you, to be returning to the living, breathing world. Think of me when you go into the mountains," she said softly, her gaze far away. "When you look out over the blue valleys to the far horizon, say my name that I might see them, too, through your eyes. And remember as in all of us, it is only your capacity for wickedness that makes selflessness possible.”

I'm torn on my feelings for this book. I read it in one sitting, it's not like it wasn't good, but it wasn'
Angela
Apr 29, 2014 marked it as to-read
2017? are you kidding me? oh you're not? well then. damn. that's like three years from now and I'll be university what is this oh man. I'm mad.

edit: so it's out april 2016. this will most likely be the reason i fail ap exams in may. also maybe bc i am dumb and suck at biology lel *cries*
Angie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reseña en: http://www.navegandoentrelibros.cl/20...

Me gustó porque fue una lectura bien amena, no espectacular ni memorable pero estuvo buena. Lo malo de estas historias es que me cuesta recordar los finales y como se demoran en salir las continuaciones debo releer algunos capítulos. Aún así creo que la historia toma forma en este tercer libro, los personajes toman un rumbo y la protagonista claramente ha madurado.

El final quizás lo encontré un poco rebuscado porque aparece otra "criatura" que e
Ashley Daviau
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this has to be my favourite out of the series so far! It's the only one I hadn't read yet so this was all new for me and it was incredibly exciting! This book was nonstop action from start to finish and had so many twists and turns that I honestly had no idea what could possibly happen next. The characters had so much growth from the previous book to this one and it was really interesting to see them evolve. This series has definitely been cemented as one of my faves, I just love how wic ...more
Cheny Perez
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
2017... It better be 1000 pages long or else
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Cesar
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Edit. Literally a couple of hours later :Turns out Danielle Paige is writing a 4th book! It comes out next Spring!!!!

Original Review

4 stars

I remember starting Dorothy Must Die when it first came out and I wondered how on earth, or in this case Oz, is Amy going to kill Dorothy? The question has been gnawing in my head for a while. For sure, it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Amy and her companions.

Yellow Brick War was a book that was good yet a little underwhelming towards the end. First
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

After reading the two previous books in the Dorothy Must Die series, I wasn't sure if Yellow Brick War was going to be as incredible, but it was! The story is so unique and the main character is just so spunky. This book is a little more modern than the others, but I was really intrigued by the way everything connects.

This series is honestly unlike any other. The Dorothy Must Die books are my favourite Wizard of Oz retellings and definitely among my favourite retellings ever. I love how
Ashley  Marie
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is an adventure and I love it
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!
Ahhhh! I absolutely love this series! This series has gradually gotten better with each book, and I love how much every character has developed thus far. I’m really enjoying Danielle Paige’s style of writing and the overall premise and mythology of her take on OZ is soooo enthralling.

Yellow Brick War was fast paced and full of action! So much happens in this book and there are so many problems they have to face and a ton of new twists! There are some interesting changes a
Layna
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
2017...? My eye is twitching. Over 2 years. Send help asap. I am not going to survive this one.

UPDATE: It's no longer coming out in 2017. HALLELUJAH!!! The beginning of 2016 is so much better.
KKat
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can I have the next one please?? Like NOW!!
✘Tabby✘
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, audiobook

THE REVIEW

Why this book?
I love this series

What I thought

It ended on a cliffhanger. Which means more books!!!

"Forget the order I've fallen inlove with you too"

Gosh I love this series!! The characters remain amazing, and The book was fast paced and full of action! Amy is back and she's still one hell of a kick ass heroine. I was afraid I wasn't gonna like this one. Mainly because The book starts off in Kansas and Danielle Paige was messing with my ship. I hated how she was treated in Kansas in the
Juliana
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.75/5 stars

To say that I wish this book was longer would be an understatement. It was so good I wasn't ready for it to end. It would have been much smarter for two and three to be mashed into one, honesty. That would have made it a little less painful in my opinion.

Although I've expressed my dissatisfaction with The Wicked Will rise in the past, it was still a good novel as a whole. And despite a few hiccups in language and paragraph structure, Yellow Brick War felt more like
Catherine ♡
THESE BOOKS GIVE ME SO MANY FEELINGS.

Sigh, I can't believe I have to wait till next year for the fourth book...But anyways.

Like always, this book was full of adventure, full of action.
AND THE AMOUNT OF PLOT TWISTS HERE. Holy guacamole.

Amy's internal battles between good and evil continue, but we really do see a lot of character development on her part.

Things are definitely shaken up in this book - we see a lot of old characters and old places that we realize are more than what they seem.

All in a
Kameron B. Moore
Apr 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
UPDATE: Yellow Brick War!!!! Loving the title and cover so much (though they haven't updated it on Goodreads yet....GET ON THAT PEOPLE!) Can't wait to get my hands on it!

UPDATE: Damn...that cover is vibrant and beautiful...now, where's my title??? :P

UPDATE: Thank god it's now scheduled for March, 2016!!!

Why is this scheduled to be release in 2017? I'll be 17 that year....Jesus! What's gonna come out in 2016? A different book or something that relates? IDK!
mith
there is a fourth book and all is right in the world and i can breathe deeply again.
-----
IS THERE A FOURTH BOOK BECAUSE WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING?
-----
let it be known that i'm still bitter over this cover.
what?? WHAT????
THATS THE COVER???
but IT ISNT THE OUTLINE OF A PERSON WHAT THIS ISNT ???? WHAT???????
-----
PLEASE LET THAT BE A PLACEHOLDER AND JUST THAT???? it looks like weird thing your screen does when you press too hard on it omg
Jake
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars. I mean, this series is okay. I'm just wanting to see it through to the end. I thought this was supposed to be the final one but I guess not. It was interesting to read this book and I had fun with it.
  • Legacy of Secrets (Kingdom Keepers: The Return, #2)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • Queen Alice (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ashes (A Wicked Thing, #2)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Forces from Beyond (Ghost Finders, #6)
  • Heart of Stone (Gods & Monsters, #4)
  • Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga, #2)
  • Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2)
  • The Conquering Dark (Crown & Key, #3)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • The Deep (The Island #3)
  • Mind Games (Lock & Mori, #2)
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • Witch's Pyre (Worldwalker, #3)
  • A Place of Stone and Shadow
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2)
Danielle lives in NY. Before turning to YA, she worked in television & was nominated for several Daytime Emmy's. Dorothy Must Die is her first novel.

Dorothy Must Die (4 books)
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
  • The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
  • The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)
“The world I grew up in is gone, too," I said quietly. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on it. Because if you give up—then what is there left to live for?” 14 likes
“Sometimes I wonder if it's even Dorothy's fault., or if this place was just rotten from the start, underneath everything. If maybe that's the price you pay for magic.” 8 likes